Why is Merriweather Post Pavilion considered a modern classic while Strawberry Jam is not?

Why is Merriweather Post Pavilion considered a modern classic while Strawberry Jam is not?

Attached: 7F5DA828-7BD3-42F6-A734-0FF3AD277083.jpg (320x320, 46K)

Who doesnt consider both as classics

MPP is more accessible

Strawberry Jam is just as accessible

It's too unconventional and creative for the average person, let alone the average newfag Yea Forumstard

I don't think that's accurate buddy

big disagree. love sj but it is way less accessible than mpp (except maybe a couple tracks)

Because it didn't have My Girls on it.

both of them are considered modern classics, retard. the real question is why they're considered classics and not Centipede

>talking about the most circlejerked AC album

Attached: 1550049530809.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

i have to agree with this dude, i hated animal collective until i heard this

No that's either MPP or Feels. Strawberry Jam always comes after those two.

no that's either Sung Tongs or Spirit They're Gone, Strawberry Jam always comes after those two and also these

I didn't even like MPP the first couple times I heard it, but by the time the chorus hit in Peacebone Animal Collective became my favorite band.

I can only get into MPP, SJ and Feels. Am I plen?

you're just not trying hard enough

both classics desu

try Painting With and ODDSAC, in that order

fair enough. everyone's got their own tastes. for me it was feels then mpp then sung tongs then sj

Yea I liked painting with when it released but I grew kinda bored of it after not too long. Golden Gal, vertical and Lying in the grass are great but everything else kinda falls short. I’ve never listened to oddsac so I’ll give that a go.

A lot of their other releases just sound like them chanting nonsense in a drum circle. I try to listen to them they’re just kinda boring to me

The real question is why isn’t spirit they’ve gone, they vanished praised at all, aside from the ear rape it’s one of the best albums they have in their whole discography.

That's the one fans jerk off the hardest what do you mean

MPP is actually my least favorite of theirs I’ve heard so far.

Haven’t heard strawberry jam yet though.

Current ranking would be Sung Tongs > Painting With > Campfire Songs > MPP

I also find person pitch for what it’s worth

this is now a rankings thread
Campfire > Merriweather > Indian > Spirit > Painting > Sung > Stawberry > Feels >>> Danse >>>>> Centipede
I haven’t bothered to give serious ratings to either Tangerine or ODDSAC yet so they’re not on there

>lmao look how different and superior my taste is
No one has Campfire that high or Strawberry and Feels that low

I’m sorry? I just really like the atmosphere of Campfire Songs, and honestly feel like MPP/ST respectively do the SJ/Feels styles better. is It that bad that I have a mildly unpopular opinion?
>superior
I’m just going to accuse you of projecting and call it a day, since it should be obvious that AnCo is one of those artists where you can argue for any of their albums being the best without being objectively wrong

For fans it's pretty much just as much a classic as MPP. What I like more about MPP is it's dreaminess. Almost feels like a shoegaze/dream pop album because of all that reverb and repetition. Very samey style from front to back while SJ is full of different ideas and much more abstract.

You know, you're allowed to think anything you want. But the fact of the fucking matter is Strawberry jam is definitely, objectively, in the top 3. And CERTAINLY not below Painting, Indian, and Campfire songs.

Attached: 1505107729883.gif (202x360, 1.84M)

Listen: if you don't have Here Comes The Indian at least in top three, you do not get to talk to anybody about taste

I’m not saying it’s a bad album at all, it’s still a very strong 7, maybe an 8. the fact is that I just find those other albums far more enjoyable in comparison, not that I find SJ to be actually mediocre or bad
basèd

Dreaminess huh.
I've only ever listened to the entirety of MPP once and it was at a time when I was severely sad and in the middle of the night. For some reason this album scared the shit out of me. I felt like I was on the verge of inducing schizophrenia and as someone who's never touched any kind of drugs let alone hallucinogens I think my mind almost broke down. Shit was a traumatizing experience. I guess it's what a "bad trip" feels like?

but at the same time I'm a big fan of shoegaze and I guess the more pop sounding dream pops

based

I’m honestly surprised by My Girls success, I would’ve thought that Summertime Clothes would be the standout single from the album

yes bro. anco is babbys absolute first experimental music

AnCo is overrated altogether

no they are underrated by now

Listen to all their EPs in chronological order

In the grand scheme of rock, yeah. In the 21st century? Nah. Only band this side of the millenia with multiple brilliant records.

This band is so fucking gay

underage

MPP is fucking terrible and overrated. They become instantly shit the moment they released that album and never recovered.

Nah they're not underage, just really really gay

Yes it is.
I was actually amazed at just how bad Spirit They're gone was.

For a good while, I'd listen to Sung tongs, strawberry jam, and post pavilion like halfway through and then be like "alright, ill come back to this later, i must be missing something here" and then I listened to that album and it was just so insanely bad, i just came to the realization iv wasted my time with all of these albums
its all shit and AnCo is shit

iv seen people describe their music as dreamy? how?
This is all an elaborate scheme to troll people right?

spirit is their only fully enjoyable album, and that's only because it's so autistic

SJ is definitely their best

nah my poser friends cant into sj even though they like MPP

For me its:
Sung Tongs > Feels = SJ > Indian > MotW > MPP > Painting > Spirit

I've only gotten through Spirit once recently so I hope to listen again. Rest of their albums haven't done much for me but I'm hoping to work my way through them soon.

Maybe because Avey Tare screams like an autistic toddler all over the damn thing

that's what makes it a more dynamic record than MPP though
anyway I think we can all agree that the best song on MPP is objectively "Daily Routine"

this is some of the dumbest shit ive read on here today

i know, i gave too much credibility to what Yea Forums said and other people
I should have just realized AnCo was shit and moved on

e

are you talking about food?

>actually thinking this

Attached: 1546899899285.png (358x272, 124K)

Before Strawberry Jam they were really pretty underground still, growing slowly. When it came out, it was so well received that people played it all the time. By the time MPP came out it was big news even for relative normies and was played in places like Urban Outfitters.

>OMG ANCO

Attached: 63285E12-92EA-4D8E-9EAD-A55F2F267489.gif (365x400, 551K)

someone post the image of the guy trying to have a dance party playing AnCo

Lmao. Play Bonefish to a normie and see what happens

>everything I don't like is söy

Dude everything from Here Comes the Indian through Merriweather is a modern classic.

And to answer your question, Merriweather has a more "full" and "cohesive" aura to it, whereas Strawberry Jam is a lot more raw in its delivery. The former resonates with more people. They're both great. Either way their best albums are Here Comes the Indian and Feels.

I have always found strawberry jam way easier to like off the bat than MPP. Don't know why all the disagreement. Maybe I have weird taste

Attached: 1497329802603.png (643x685, 80K)

Christ, I wish I never read that

Attached: 1551289458955.jpg (825x464, 54K)

thanks
i kinda sympathize with this fucking autist cuz he just wants to have a nice party with his friends and not be bullied on his birthday but man..what a mess

should have put on Danse Manatee, that would have really gotten them dancing

im not gonna even bother trying to read that

Kill me.