The Rolling Stones

Why do people overlook The Rolling Stones? Yes I know that they are a Boomer band that should have called it quits in the 70's but it seems they don't get the credit they deserve. If anything they are as influential as the beatles.

Attached: image-20150310-13550-8ee37m.jpg (926x788, 166K)

>they are as influential as the beatles.
Go listen to each Beatles, Stones, Kinks, and Who record in the order they came out. Starting with Please Please Me. The Beatles were so fucking far ahead of every one of those groups it's a joke. Throw the singles in there and nothing changes.

Noone really overlooks them except mu. Mu randomly ignores a lot of classics/cult classics and overhypes the shit out of others.
Who knows man

Have you heard 'Goin' Home' one of the first long jams released by a popular band. Or even listen to Satanic Majesties which took way more risks than even Sgt. Peppers which was a relatively safe album. Also the beatles were not really ahead of Captain Beefheart, Frank Zappa or VU.

>Captain Beefheart, Frank Zappa or VU.
pretty much apples and oranges right there. Not even remotely in the same camps/levels of influence.
> Satanic Majesties
that terribly mixed hunk of shit that was entirely trying to ride on the coattails of Strawberry Fields? There is a ton to be said about having a good working relationship with engineers and a steady producer. Stones never had that, and it shows. Nor did they ever command their image nearly as effectively as the Beatles did.
> long jams
That means nothing.

They're the second greatest rock band of all time after The Beatles. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.

They never really evolved their sound much. I will say they basically nailed that sound. I used to prefer them to the Beatles, now I've flipped and what's more, it's not even close for me anymore.

What? You've spent way too much time on the internet.

Uuuh, Edgy teen looks down on satanic majesty's, news at 9!
Satanic majesty's is of course a fantastic, classic album, with some immortal hits on it. Also very interesting as a transitional album in their catalogue and the last album with a big Brian Jones influence. While noone can say they stones weren't massively influenced by the Beatles (let it... bleed) they had a sexiness and a groove the Beatles could only dream of ever achieving and Lennon was rightly jealous.
The stones influence especially over the rock scene in the 70s 80s and 90s cannot be overemphasized.
In a world not populated by complete idiots and edgelords there would be a big thread on the stones every single day.

Their later career as a bunch of skeletons pretending to still be rock stars is one reason.

If you can listen to the rolling stones, between the buttons, satanic majesty's and Exile and still come out with a statement like the stones never evolved their sound it is clear: you either have down syndrome or are a teenager with limited means to understand music.

I think a big problem is the fact that they were blatant trend-hoppers and sometimes that worked out for them and sometimes it really didn't

>Long jams means nothing
I guess progress in pop music means nothing and the beatles are irrelevant and overrated because any innovation they did is worthless as well?

Im really curious to know what the Beatles revolutionized in music. Like do you guys think amazing albums like Trout Mask wouldn't exist without the Beatles?

God they were ugly

Troll

Best rock band of all times. Sticky Fingers and Exile are ridiculously overlooked

Fuck off dude. If it wasn't for the Beatles music would have never moved forward due their ideas.

Do you know what "overlooked" means? Those two albums are considered classics by a large amount of people.

The Who are the most underrated band in the world

Troll

I GIVE THEM CREDIT BECAUSE THEY WERE AN INFLUENCE ON SKREWDRIVER!!!!

Please. Townshend is a pedophile with his head up his ass about what a brilliant artist he is since his early twenties. There's like 3 good the who tracks.
The list of completely overlooked 60s superstars on mu is long, here's another one who never gets mentioned, even though he was the biggest star in the world in the late 60s: fucking Hendrix.
Now I am not a giant fan of the man, but influential as a motherfuckers he was - and these kids on here seem to have never heard of him

>Sticky Fingers and Exile overlooked
>Are widely considered to be some of the greatest albums of all time
What did he mean by this?

/thread

Isn't it obvious he meant "on Yea Forums"?

See

I am sure you thought that was a smart post, but considering I replied to a post that was linking to the same post you were, I obviously had seen that post. Which makes your post far less smart, you see?

Well if he didn't say Yea Forums, he didn't say Yea Forums. Even then, Rolling Stones threads aren't exactly rare in Yea Forums. Not as common as the Beatles threads sure, but there's plenty of interest in the band here for you to start a thread discussing their music.

But you replied to not

Agreed. I will try to start at least one thread highlighting a different part of the stones' career from now on and want to implore everyone reading to do the same.

What? No you replied. Read that again.

What? Sones are still one of the most popular bands of all time.
Also 90% of their albums are shit.

One a day I mean.

I'm confused. Anyway this thread sucks and OP is a fag.
Wrong.

I'll gladly bump them

I can do some too. I'm a long time stones fan. In fact i post on some old school stones forums.

""""PEOPLE"""" DON"T OVERLOOK THE ROLLING STONES AT ALL. AS A MATTER OF F(UCK)ACT, THE ROLLING STONES HAVE BEEN !*!***!!!HYPER-MEGAGIGA-LOOKED~~~!!!!J****!!! FROM THEIR FUCKCEPTION UNTIL RIGHT THE FUCK NOW. FORCED MEMED INTO EVERY FUCKING PUBLICATION, THIS GROUP OF RETARD DISGUSTING UGLY TALENTLESS FREAKS HAVE BEEN PUSHED UP EVERYBODY'S PROLABSED FUKHOLES FOR YEARS, AND YEARS, AND YEARS, AND YEARS, AND YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LISTEN TO ME FUCKING CLOSELY YOU *FAG*:

*whispers while licking ear* *blushes* *is gay*:
"*BREATHES IN* HUUAHUHHUUH:
LET US HAVE OUR FAGGY LITTLE BORED WITHOUT DISCUSSING THE TROLLING BONERS LIKE THE ENTIRE REST OF THE ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD DID FOR FUCKING MORE THAN HAVE A CENTURY!!!

FAGGOT!!!"

The Stones are the best band to listen to if your in the absolute pits from drug use. Get yourself some opiates or some benzos and melt into your couch/bed with Sticky Fingers on and feel every care you had about your life just fade away. Soon it'll all mean nothing, and you'll reach a point where it's you, and your raw, empty emotions. You'll feel your spine tingle, you'll feel the synapses in your brain fire off, grasping for some type of deeper meaning, but there isn't one there. Just the feeling that you're floating, you feel nothing and everything at the same time. You want to cry, because deep down you hurt so bad. Life hasn't ever stopped being tough. You can think about her, you can think about him, you can think about what went wrong. Mick Jagger is there to comfort you.

Let's do some living, before we die.

This but the Stones are really good. Just listen to "Tops" it's a great song.

I prefer Beggars Banquet

I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS AFTER YOUR MOM "TOPS" MY DICK AND I BLOW MY AIDS-INFESTED LOAD INTO HER EAGER CUNT YOU FUCKING RETARD.

Lol really go listen to it. Aso "Slave" is a good tune.

I might even try a tripcode myself.

I'm a big fan of their 70s albums.
I think they were better than the Beatles when it came to blues rock and live shows, but honestly comparing the two makes no sense. They ended up going completely different directions.

Agreed. The only reason they're compared is the fact that they are two British rock bands that started around the same time that are now famous household names. Sure the Kinks and The Who are also British rock bands of the 60's, but you'd be hard pressed to find as many people familiar with them as either the Beatles and the Rolling Stones.

oh no it's a tripfag trying to be funny again

Kinks are better than The Beatles.