Post what pick you currently use and guess personalities. Try to reply to others

Post what pick you currently use and guess personalities. Try to reply to others.

Attached: jd418r50u.jpg (450x450, 18K)

Depends on the situation and if I want a hard or soft attack.

this but in the .25mm. its dark red
best for shredding
not strumming like a faggot

i guess that u r gay lol

Attached: 61N5JG99wAL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 13K)

small arms

Attached: 1999_Obverse_Proof.png (771x768, 884K)

Refined intellectual
Tryhard based on comment

Attached: 90703541-3322-4029-9603-5484019306B6.jpg (350x350, 18K)

Boomer style blues rocker, might be close to the southern border

homeless

completely based. Was gonna post this even. good choice my man.
young kid, crust punk
boomer mom
folk player? idk man .50 is unreal seems like paper to me. maybe like nylon string player?

fuck i just realised
they dont make them anymore. apprently they got complaints they broke all the time - too thin
but they are excellent
good thing i have a box of em from 15years ago

You're based as fuck.

fuck off cunt. im also pro studio producer, actually recording albums
nice projection comment from a typical /mu tard basement dweller

Attached: 10-Reverso-300x298.jpg (300x298, 30K)

i bet these break
all the fucking time....

>folk player? idk man .50 is unreal seems like paper to me. maybe like nylon string player?
That would make sense to guess I suppose. Typically I use a .73 tortex but I was fucking around with an old .50 I had when I decided to make the thread. I do a lot of blues, rock'n'roll and soloing, as well as strumming. 29 year old boomer here.
I used to use .88s years and years ago when I was younger.

Wifebeater

while we're at it...this is my preferred slide

Attached: bic.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Attached: hand.jpg (863x1300, 61K)

awful
based

Attached: graviy guitar picks.jpg (600x569, 97K)

b4 u tards lay type to some reply shit, i am able to use all types, brass, steel, wood & glass...
its just i have my lighter at the ready all the time

based
I bought a pack of these like a month ago, I've seen the light

Degenerate

>Even his guitar pick is flashy and/or branded
Compensating and attention-starved faggots detected

Attached: plain_white_background_no_image_customize_simple_guitar_pick-r2a124abe830e4db3bef493c604679582_zvjz4 (307x307, 4K)

These bad boys.

Attached: 449P1.0-xlarge[1].jpg (1800x832, 205K)

>purposely buys the much less common, unlabeled guitar pick

alright, I guess

>tfw still have a Purple Tortex my dad bought me in a selection of picks when I first started playing
It's a good 25 years old now, worn to hell, I still use it and i'll never throw it away

Didn't mean to trigger you so badly dude, it was just a passing remark.
Billy F Gibbons disciple

poorfag supreme

Attached: F1BCD26C-8DB8-469D-992F-A702247E93ED.jpg (1000x750, 90K)

>spends an extra dollar fifty on a guitar pick so it displays a brand
>thinks this somehow makes him superior to others
Ok degenerate

imagine being so poor you’re unable to spend a dollar fifty on something nice

Imagine being so poor that you think a guitar pick with words on it is "something nice".

buckethead listener
A hip kind of a guy who does his own thing, but not a faggot like an actual hipster

Imagine being so poor that you’re unable to fathom that everything has a cheap dogshit version and a good version.

Attached: 61fW4WIPHAL._SX425_.jpg (425x489, 21K)

this is the standard for classical nylon.
fucking hippy

oh well then, go fuck yourself

The only thing that matters about guitar picks is the gauge, you literal 60-IQ faggot.
Imagine being so completely cucked by branding that you can't think straight.

The only time I ever bought one of these was when I was a teenager who really liked Metallica and was fucking around with a heavy pick even though they don't. I honestly don't know who uses these, do djentfags do it or something?

even less if you buy a box of your favs online....!
ok sure its a lifetime supply, but you never look for another pick in the fucking running boards along or in the carpets under every seat in the house

I have like over 200 of these

Attached: pick.jpg (1400x1400, 99K)

bullshit, the material matters just as much you know-nothing shithead

it depends on 3 things
>type of guitar
>type of playing
>type of string anf guage setups
and importantly player confidence and most all finger comfort. any pro guitarist will attest to this last one.
DONT EVER BORROW SOMEONES PICK unless its similar to your own!

Guy who stays lowkey and has good taste.

I’m a bassist and normally use fingers, but when a pick is more ideal I use these.

Attached: 844C172E-56EC-47A4-80B0-7FA509C80BD2.jpg (1200x1200, 191K)

I use the file part so I don't cut the strings

Attached: Swiss_Army_Knife_Wenger_Closed_20050627.jpg (2816x2112, 654K)

Unprinted picks are made from the exact material from which branded picks are made, you motherfucking unloved fetus. Do you know what printing is, asshole? You're paying 3 times more for it (I know math hurts your head, but still).

I like heavy picks because they feel stable and solid. I don’t play any sort of metal I just like how they feel.

hahaha
you jest

>only gauge matters!
>a-actually material matters too!
Based retard, stop posting anytime.

Attached: 510P.73-large.jpg (674x750, 65K)

dunlop nylon is what I like usually .73 to 1

Who are you quoting, dipshit? I've never once said that material matters. You're literally quoting yourself you drooling brainlet.

I use my thumb

>Unprinted picks are made from the exact material from which branded picks are made
Thereby implying that materials actually matter, otherwise they wouldn’t be supposedly made of the same shit, they’d be made of whatever costs the cheapest. Your move.

Probably some kind of acoustic kinographer.

there are three components to a pick
material - affects bend/give independent of gauge
gauge - affects bend/give independent of material
shape - affects picking motion

i'm a total beginner and i just liked the size and color, but glad to be giving off that vibe

Attached: stalker anomaly.webm (226x400, 1.63M)

HOLY FUCKING SHIT you might be the dumbest motherfucker I've ever met, unironically. You're serious?
The reason I said that unprinted picks are made from the same material as branded picks (are you following me, you fucking shitlore?) is because you attempted to claim material as your reason for spending 3 times more money on picks. By revealing to you that both picks are made from the same material, I completely nullified your "argument" for dishing out more money for the branded picks, you absolute unschooled fucking pedant.

I wanted to start playing guitar and these are what my mommy bought me for Christmas.

Attached: 2cf3c18c456b0f2b2a1ff72d5b4e00c9.jpg (709x531, 23K)

yea ok guess

Attached: IMG_20190226_202006.jpg (936x702, 70K)

1. is not me.
2. did not claim that material is the reason you pay extra. He was pointing out a gigantic flaw in your statement.
3. You’re a seething poorfag trying to get rep for being thrifty but all you did was expose your own stupidity.

she should've bought you a guitar instead

Attached: ....jpg (90x125, 2K)

Everything you've just stated is entirely wrong, and you've been completely unable to offer any sort of counterargument other than "you poor, me smart". Come back if you ever graduate high school.

I've been playing for close to 20 years, not saying that I ever practiced or am disciplined because I never approached it that way, but those picks seem like a nice tasteful choice to me.

I mean, she did. But she bought me accessories too, which I wasn't expecting.

this is the pick for grown ups

in use atm. i change types all the time but its always thin and for use on .09 string sets

Attached: IMG_5656.jpg (4000x3000, 1021K)

what is story behind webm?

Everything you've just stated is entirely wrong, and you've been completely unable to offer any sort of counterargument other than "you dumb, me smart". Come back if you ever graduate high school.

ahhh picks for use on acoustics. at least she's steered you in the right direction

lol, I was only half-watching the webm while I was doing something on my other monitor, and I thought it was a grenade for a second when it flew back and I shit a brick

Fender picks are so good, there's just something so classic about them. I used to use heavys in my younger days.

The patrician choice.

>Mfw I buy 12 picks for 95 cents
>Mfw this degenerate buys 1 pick for $2
I love it

is that can full or empty

>mfw i’m on Yea Forums
>mfw this poorfag redditor comes in, posts a “mfw” meme without a face and capitalizes the M while bragging about how he saved on fucking guitar picks of all things

Attached: 5BFCA7AB-03DB-4777-B5B1-8B1A0D227060.jpg (1434x1061, 111K)

I'm gonna guess weeb.

What picks should I buy from amazon bros?

i forgot my jazz3 home so i played full gig with this one. total shit

Pathetic impoverished redditor tourist detected

Rhythm guitarists know what it's about

Attached: 24475300017.MAIN.jpg (1400x1389, 122K)

Love these plectrums. They’re a bitch to find if you drop them though.

I switched to wifi just to post a picture so you shut the fuck up, you insecure nigger.
>I very smart, I spend extra coconuts on guitar pick!
>Buy new car? No, guitar pick is status symbol! Poorfag!

Attached: 1c3.png (633x729, 76K)

Forgot pic :^)

Attached: 3EC2E0B3-004A-4F64-8F29-B0391F830915.jpg (1400x1400, 80K)

Yes....

Attached: ideal-guitar-pick.png (450x425, 188K)

Holy fucking shit this guy is so poor he’s unable to use his fucking mobile data to post a fucking image, the absolute state. And he’s STILL bragging about spending less on fucking guitar picks, goddamn.

Attached: 05BAF01D-F408-440F-BBEF-D89C34C84296.jpg (706x480, 32K)

baka not even just using your hands even for palm muting pussies

Dude I really liked these. They felt pretty good to use.

T B H, spending more money on things when there's cheaper alternatives is a very poorfag thing to do.

Attached: Products59266-1200x1200-668409.jpg (1037x1200, 62K)

>Doesn't know Yea Forums has always had error differentiating between blocked IPs and unblocked IPs sometimes, especially over mobile data
Literal numale, it's time to go back.

nigga does that slab even fit between the strings

Caring about shit like this and not just spending your fucking money however you want is the most poorfag thing you can do.

So this is your way of saying you live in a third world toilet bowl? Cool.

Nah, I know a lot of rich people and they tend to be VERY stingy about spending money. Obviously there's exceptions, but usually the rich people who do always spend ridiculous money on luxuries go broke eventually. Look at any middle aged rapper. Hell, look at Johnny Depp, dude made 600 mill in his career and is in financial trouble.

>projecting this fucking hard
Holy shit, I'm done. This was actually kind of funny, as I've never met someone quite as insecure as you. Have fun with your printed picks buddy, maybe they'll help you cope with the fact that you don't have your own car or house? Lmao

Probably a guy who wears over the top Oakley sunglasses from the early 2000s and listens to vaporwave, in a good sense.

There’s a line between not giving a shit about how much you spend on guitar picks and not giving a shit about how much you spend on your fifth Chrysler, you know.
The best part about the projection meme is that the first person to bring it up is always the one actually projecting. See you around poorfag user.

tryhard, Eric Johnson fan
Tryhard but pretends to be practical and gruff, Brian May fan
Been playing for a long time. Listens to his guitar through microphone->interface->monitors. Hasn't actually been in the room with the amp in like a year.
Hearlet
Regular dude. Plays rock and old school metal.
Regular dude but more autistic.
Heyy mista tambourine man play a folk song for me on your strummy dum dum
Fell for a meme. They sound exactly the same as other standard plastics.
avid youtube watcher. Shredding aspirations.
Autistic. Probably good.

Attached: 51oowEaUFpL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 63K)

Attached: file.png (1200x1200, 1.02M)

i am incredibly jealous. this is something i did not know i needed until now

played this one years ago. hated it so much

Jazz maverick.

dont laugh

Attached: file.png (1600x1600, 821K)

These are my favorite, never understood the hate for thin picks. Strumming feels a lot cleaner and you can still attack heavily if you need to. Holding with both the index and middle fingers gives great control over the tone, iirc The Edge from U2 does this as well.
With something like a 1mm it feels like you're just banging notes out.

For the life of me I could never figure out how to use these. Even if you get them just right so that your skin and the pick are touching at just the right time, they'll immediately move after you play a few notes.
Are they intended for hillbilly stuff where you're just clawing as fast as possible? I know classical and flamenco guys just grow their nails into talons since you don't have to attack super hard.

>it feels like you're just banging notes out.
That’s exactly why they’re great. Soloing with them feels very weighty and solid. And once you learn how to play real fast with them they sound great.

Wind doesn't just stop when it hits the cliff. It's forced up, and is able to blow the can back.

Attached: A9B8117A-CFA6-4F90-AF02-3A59A6FFE337.jpg (1400x1400, 137K)

Usually I use Tortex .73, sometimes .88 or .73 sharp.

Attached: P06WZEi.jpg (786x604, 103K)

Thin picks give you a different strumming sound and are better in general for what most people want from strumming. Thick picks are better for lead playing and fast technical stuff in general. Thin picks flex when they hit the string and this introduces play into the system that makes everything less efficient. You can deal with a thin pick, but most fast/fancy lead players end up using thick picks.

MY MAN

Attached: a4f356ca-52b5-4369-97f6-5c44e993d89b_1.ac39f579ae979adbdb8c5411dce8ff74.jpg (450x450, 43K)

absolutely based. perfect for slamming big ass chords & notes out. could only be improved if it were made out of a metal like copper or aluminum.

Just pick a pick, you fucking pricks!

What I've been using recently

Attached: ernie_ball_p09193_ernie_ball_everlast_picks_1395400.jpg (1500x1500, 268K)

Bought sharps by accident once and never went back.

Attached: 88sharp.jpg (466x558, 35K)

The Chad .88

Attached: dunlop-tortex-standard-guitar-picks-0-88mm-xl.jpg (600x458, 34K)

based

use both of these

My man

same but .88 and they're green like cash money

i use my dick as a pick

i also use my dick as a slide sometimes

ur a chronic masturbater

get 14 of them an glue them all to your pick guard for keks. see if anyone gets the reference irl

I dont have a pic available atm (in hospital) but I make my picks out of old computer chips.
They're thicc and look pretty cool.

ay lmao i might acutally do that with my old squire bulletcaster

Attached: Dunlop Triangle.jpg (480x480, 55K)

fallen in love with these short and sharp picks. using them for strumming, picking, shredding, amazingly agile. i can't go back to normal-sized picks anymore.

Attached: d-addario-planet-waves-black-ice-picks-1-50mm-box-of-10-3dbk7-10_1_GIT0015800-000.jpg (1600x1600, 98K)

fine if you a bass nigger but dont go telling me you use that on guitar. Also dont keep using them if you been playing longer than a year, develope some damn accuracy in your picking instead of autistically flailing your whole arm around the strings

lmao nice fake nails faggot

>develope some damn accuracy in your picking instead of autistically flailing your whole arm around the strings
>Flailing your whole arm
>Whole arm

Wut now? Did you do that when you tried these picks? because that's not the experience I've had with them. I play the same whether I use regular or triangle picks. I do lots of string skipping as well, so I don't know what you're talking about accuracy for. Maybe you got baby hands or something?

*blocks your path*

Attached: yeetlordniggafox.jpg (225x225, 9K)

so you acutally use it for playing guitar? thats a little bit silly user. and yeh i got small hands its pretty gay

>they can make surgery for nutcases like me to go mtf
>they cant make surgery that gives me paul gilbert sized fingers

Using the same, can't help but love them