Any fans of the greatest band of the 80’s here (next to the smiths) ?

Any fans of the greatest band of the 80’s here (next to the smiths) ?

>favorite album
>favorite song

Attached: CFF5DA33-E34A-43CC-9069-80BEB9E2FB2D.jpg (317x313, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wD6Pq0bSMPo
youtube.com/watch?v=tO8y5nKSr0U
youtube.com/watch?v=20iFxRUoOVA
youtube.com/watch?v=itGiER9KHHY
youtu.be/HXsgFPPLBa0
youtu.be/g7C_YkZ91D8
youtube.com/watch?v=HbCC5f17BQE
youtube.com/watch?v=Mn-NfoxHNlM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>favorite album - English Settlement
>favorite song - All of a Sudden

Attached: 5720045A-D7B4-44B0-8C2B-8A6AF1E62BB2.jpg (357x408, 22K)

>Go 2
>Jumping in Gomorrah
I only started listening to this band the other day and really liked their first two albums. Do they continue with this sound or nah?

Drums and Wires is the culmination of this era of their sound. Black Sea is the continuation of their D+W work and by English Settlement they start moving away from the jumpy eno sound into more pastoral and psych elements. I’m jealous of you because you’re going to hear some damned good music

>greatest band of the 80’s here (next to the smiths) ?
youtube.com/watch?v=wD6Pq0bSMPo

Attached: R-156092-1534078946-7723.jpeg.jpg (600x600, 302K)

I love the roses but they do not compare to XTC or the smiths or the cure. The stone roses actually owe a big chunk of their sound to the Dukes and stratosphear and John Leckie

If u want more music like their early records check out Ultravox (with John foxx), The Skids, The Tubes, early Roxy Music

yeah, ok, the dukes and xtc are novelty as fuck and not even a proper live act but youre right they owe alot to them im sure

All the bands mentioned ITT are depressing as shit

You couldn't be more wrong bud
youtube.com/watch?v=tO8y5nKSr0U
youtube.com/watch?v=20iFxRUoOVA
youtube.com/watch?v=itGiER9KHHY

I'm still looking into their discography but I love what I'm hearing so far. The Big Express is pretty great
>youtu.be/HXsgFPPLBa0
>youtu.be/g7C_YkZ91D8

The Dukes catalogue within xtc literally cheered the band up when it wasn’t looking bright for them. The Dukes music is nothing but exciting. Xtc’s Music is also exciting and thrilling in their early days and moving and emotional their later era, see The big express is very underrated and great. Train running low is one of their greatest songs.

For more early XTC-like, I recommend the japanese new wave bands P-Model and Uchoten
>youtube.com/watch?v=HbCC5f17BQE
>youtube.com/watch?v=Mn-NfoxHNlM

>album Drums and Wires
>song In Loving Memory of a Name

>Black Sea
>Easter Theatre (this one took a few listens to grow on me but once it did, damn...)

I heard skylarking for the first time this year and it has since become one of my all time favourite albums !!

>favorite album: Mummer
>favorite song: That's Really Super, Supergirl

My favorite band of all time.

Attached: 1512629596_2525577aec.jpg (500x375, 110K)

>Drums and Wires
>Dear God
Really glad this band is starting to get recognition on mu right after I started listening to them again.

I believe Andy said that Easter was the song he’s most proud of and could compete with the Beatles
I’m glad, you have so much great music to get into. Skylarking is amazing
Great picks. We’re you the one in the other thread I made about XTC?
Fuck yeah. Welcome!

Attached: 74C980FC-2160-42FB-86DA-65AB89CEE37E.jpg (712x706, 27K)

>Ghost in the Machine
>King of Pain

Attached: 3C5F963C-C651-4C78-8C42-764DFADD04AA.jpg (187x333, 26K)