Exposure

how the fuck do you make more people listen to your music? i've been making music for the past two years, i know that the music i make should sound at least decent and i'm pretty sure my music at least average.

i see alot of people with music quality like mine or even less with way more listeners and followers.

i've tried everysingle fucking approach to make my music more popular and in a good day i'll get 10 plays.

i've tried emailing blogs, streaming, instagram marketing, connecting with new artists and collaborating with them, connecting with people who listened to my shit, marketing my music in every social media and website if i can, wtf is there more to do? i'm so desperate i'll take any advice.

Attached: 14574007_1346808865381480_3885632495802122240_n-7115.jpg (480x480, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/angstamr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

enlighten my ass

Videos my guy

I think there’s just not that much attention to go around. It’s a buyer’s market. You can pay to have your links shoved in people’s face, but other than that, I don’t know what to tell you

play some gigs

Create a Twitter account for your music, find some artists with similar music and then follow all of their followers in the hopes that someone actually notices.

Pist your music so we can see if its as good as you think it is

hmm, how to get one's music noticed...

I wonder how others did it in the beginning...

HOW ABOUT PLAY LIVE GIGS YOU STUPID FUCK JESUS CHRIST LITERALLY PLAY IN CLUBS AND BARS AND SUBMIT YOUR MUSIC TO SMALL INDEPENDENT MUSIC FESTIVALS/CONCERTS, GO TO THESE MUSIC VENUES AND LITERALLY GIVE THE MANAGER OF THE BAR/CLUB OR SOMEONE YOUR CD AND SAY YOU'LL PLAY FOR FREE OR SOMETHING, YOU CAN BRING A FEW CDS ON THE NIGHT TO SELL TO PEOPLE, IF YOU'RE MUSIC IS ACTUALLY GOOD THEY'LL BUY IT, WORD OF MOUTH, GARNER AN AUDIENCE

PLAYING LIVE IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT AND SIGNIFICANT STEPPING STONES AT THE BEGINNING OF ANY ARTIST'S CAREER, LITERALLY ALL GREAT MUSIC ARTISTS PLAYED LIVE TO BEGIN WITH, THEY ALL PLAYED PUBS AND CLUBS AND BARS

LIKE HAS THIS NEVER EVEN CROSSED YOUR MIND OR WHAT?!?!? FUCK

U JUST THINK 'YEAH SOUNDCLOUD SHARE IT ON Yea Forums YEAH BIT OF INSTAGRAM YEAH BOOOIIII GET DAT $$$$ EASY MOONEYYY'

THING IS U DROP UR SINGLE MIXTAPE IN THE WIDE OCEAN THAT IS THE INTERNET AND NOBODY GIVES A FUCK BECAUSE EVERYONE IS DOING THAT AND IT'S IMPERSONAL AND IRRELEVANT

LEARN TO PLAY LIVE FFS

IT'S ALSO FUN

JESUS

this fucking leave your basement and get some exposure beyond tiny internet threads

i've tried youtube and vimeo, 50 combined views in a month, i've also tried to spread the videos for like 2 days but i was like if i spread my page it'll be the same so i stopped.

it did sound like a good idea at first but it doesn't really work unless a bigger channel promotes your work, which is i've tried and actually got promoted in a small channel (around 10k subs) in youtube but i got dipshit number of followers, like 2 if i recall correctly, thanks though.

i'm afraid i'll get hate comment instead, should i invest?

my type of music doesn't allot me to play at gigs, also i live in UAE, close to dubai, there's zero support for upcoming artists here, even if i play my music in the streets i'll get arrested and there is not much of a fanbase for the music i make anyways.

i'll try that thanks.

angstamr on soundcloud, i don't wanna post so i don't sound like i'm trying to advertise my shit.

read above

i'd love to user but read above.

Hey i like it man!! Just keep making songs and posting them on Youtube. Eventually one will go viral and thats all it takes

I'M THE ALL CAPS POSTER

FIRST, WHAT IS YOUR TYPE OF MUSIC? LITERALLY JUST SHARE IT SO WE CAN HEAR IT, I'M GONNA GO LISTEN TO IT NOW

BUT LIKE WHAT IS UR TYPE OF MUSIC AND WHY CAN'T IT BE PLAYED LIVE? LITERALLY ALL TYPES OF MUSIC CAN BE PLAYED LIVE, THE GREAT PURVEYORS WITHIN EVERY SINGLE IMAGINABLE GENRE ALL PLAYED/PLAY LIVE

I JUST DON'T BUY THAT U CAN'T PLAY UR "TYPE OF MUSIC" LIVE

As for living in UAE, that's just unfortunate, can't imagine what that's like, I'll take your word for it (although if u gave me your address/postcode then I could probably find local live music venues in 5 mins on google)

I feel like ur just making excuses so that u can stay in your comfort zone and get dat $$$

If you’re not super hot you should try just making better music

If you don't like in the US, Canada or the UK then u can forget ever having a music career

i appreciate you/.

soundcloud.com/angstamr

i live in abu dhabi, if you can come up with local live music venue i will go there and record the whole thing, contact me on soundcloud if you want, also i've never started making music for cash.

well i'm gonna stick to making better music then.

i'm not sure if i agree with you here mate.

>capsposting
Cringe

Found your problem mate. Your music's shite

>saying cringe
zoomer pleb reddit

Nobody wants to consume average content, it's the Pareto principle.

can u explain a bit more about this? genuinely curious what ur saying

Do you have monitors? What's your setup? On my phone your shit sounds pretty unbalanced. I might check it out on my monitors after I make dinner. Frying up some BLTs, boys. Getting real cozy.

If you're going to go for this lofi hip-hop vibe you need a gimmick, too. That market is saturated as fuck.

well shit.

i don't get, i should put 20% effort into my music?

i made a shitty "lofi" remix of bad and boujee like 2 months ago and it got me some good plays, around 500 real plays, so my idea was to use fake plays to get it popular but i don't think it worked, i guess if that shit got around 500 real plays i will make another one, since the first one was somewhat unbalanced i tried to make the new one even worse to get the "lofi" feel i guess? i don't know i was trying new stuff in hopes i get more recognition.

and no i don't have monitors.

why would someone go search out music that is average when you can look for great music. This is true for most things but especially in music since there is so much good stuff out there. Average, or decent music is also really easy to make, computers can do it now

This can hardly apply to ambient, drone, and experimental acts. Hard to attract an audience in indie pop scenes or even get booked where they play (includes house shows)

Yeah shit rock musicians. For people making sonically intense or esoteric material have to make it through music sharing and an internet following unless you are lucky enough to grow up in a musical community with your own friends with the same taste and putting on shows together.

It's not that fucking easy. If you don't have at least over 1,300 followers or are friends with some doucebag musician in the city who will let you open for his band, no venue will respond to your email and bother to put you on a bill.

we're not talking about Madison Square Garden here

I don't know what UAE is like but in the UK u can go give a manager or proprietor ur mixtape/cd etc and tell them you'll play for free and then u go play on a Friday or Saturday night and you're flying

stop being lazy and invest in a live setup

both wrong

Anons how do you make music?
Asking for a friend ofc.

Send your shit to music magazines to get a review. Covering famous songs works well too, people are more inclined to listen to familiar tunes. If they like your covers, they may check out your other stuff

that doesn't make sense to me, so basically every known artist is providing listeners with great content? what about these new rappers?

i agree

i also agree

there is no gigs in UAE. only main stream artists get to play their music over here.

DAW's, personally i use FL studio.

i don't sing but i made couple of popular songs remixes if that counts, i'll send my music to magazines though, thanks user.

Guys stop trying to give this guy advice he makes shit generic lofi rap remixes if he can't see what's stopping him from growing he's beyond saving

Dads advice

based and redpilled

I'll listen OP, where do you put your shit?

Attached: Cheif.png (936x1082, 66K)

Monitors will make a huge difference even if they're relatively cheap. I recommend the Sony MDR line if you're on a budget.

I'm going to give you truth OP

Your music is bad.

People don't want to listen to your music because there's nothing special about it. That's it. You make forgettable, uninspired, subpar lofi beats with anime pictures like every other pseudo-depressed sadboi bitch born after 1990. Nothing about your music is lasting, important, or stands out. It's part of a fad that's already dead.

If you really intend to be a successful artist, you need to create good art first. You need to make something special. This is not that. This is nothing.

I seriously wish you good luck, but that's the truth.I'm not calling you a bad artist, or that you have no potential. But that's the truth about the music you make right now.

Sorry bro.

The popular musicians get more exposure and have more resources at them and they get into a cycle where more and more good things accrue. The vast majority of artists in any field get no attention, while the most popular monopolize all the attention.

/thread