How the fuck am i supposed to get into nine inch nails?

how the fuck am i supposed to get into nine inch nails?
it sounds awful so whats the appeal of this?
i dont get it.Somebody explain it

Attached: images.jpg (202x250, 9K)

consume less soi

talking about this particular

Attached: Nine-Inch-Nails-Downward-Spiral-album-cover-web-opimised-820.jpg (820x820, 163K)

step 1: be angry virgin

Attached: egomaniac.jpg (943x770, 100K)

That's deep.

need to put reznor in 1996 on the left

well first of all, what do you listen to op and how old are you? what genres/bands you like?

if it sounds awful, then I guess you arent
go listen to something else faggot

But not as deep as this!

Attached: ec9f3a141832e666cabf11582135d3af_crop.jpg (695x377, 39K)

Just turned 18 and my favorite band is Car Seat Headrest

Not the best place to start in my opinon.
Also

You really need to know what angle you're approaching it from to get the best starter rec.
Honestly, I would reccomend Pretty Hate Machine or With Teeth as a starting point Hesitation Marks is good too.
It all depends on if you like electronic, rock or something else, as you will end up liking different things.

>Hesitation Marks is good too.
Worst album.

How much of it did you listen to?

stick with that then kid

If you don't like how harsh The Downward Spiral sounds, then you shouldn't even bother with NIN.

Downward Spiral is the greatest album ever written and produced, no other musician has ever managed to realise a musical work where the artistic vision comes first and instruments are merely used to create that vision.

Almost every other album you have ever heard relies on certain instruments and genre conventions as a crutch. I think TDS is a believable album if you stop superimposing your own ego onto it. That is to say you have to forget about how you're there to judge Trent. What sort of music is required to depict the worst and most inhuman aspects of humanity? Like WW1 and how people would just get their skull crushed on their 15th birthday. I mean these things aren't angsty are they, real horror happens every day on planet earth and I think the downward spiral is all of the most animal instincts of humanity put down into music without any filtration. "I wanna fuck everyone in the world", I mean it's true isn't it? "I wanna fuck you like an animal". These are just instinctive things that men think and then it gets dressed up with all kinds of rationalisations and justifications, but it all starts with that instinct.

And that's what's great about the album, there is no filter on it. But of course it is a music album and what I love about it is the thick textures, you can listen deeply and hear a lot of samples and sounds in there. There's a lot of variation and a disregard for genre. There are some decent solos and I like how synths and guitars and drum machines and drum kits just get blended seamlessly.

Attached: 1547253736750.jpg (750x750, 42K)

yikes

They're terrible, end of story.

This guy gets it.

disregard my last comment, I suck cocks

who do i believe

Sounds like you don't like it and are moronic enough to not even consider not listening to it.

try The Fragile or Pretty Hate Machine
if you still don't like it, don't even bother with post 2005 material

not an argument

thats a yikes from me dawg, but you are right