/classical/

Hugo Wolf staring at your soul edition

>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>General Folder #8. Deutsche Grammophon stuff. Also there's some other stuff in here.
mega.nz/#F!DlRSjQaS!SzxR-CUyK4AYPknI1LYgdg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy Folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw
>Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw

Folders No.2, 7 and the Jewish folder have died. Rest in peace

Previous

Attached: 4f0b7757e78868c40955b3cbc5b135c6.jpg (577x800, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SUIypA7veRM
youtube.com/watch?v=0XBkesop0wI
youtube.com/watch?v=Pfu3v6wvp_8
youtu.be/UFDn7B35Mqg
books.google.com.py/books?id=cGlL4xZ4IlwC&source=gbs_similarbooks
books.google.com.py/books?id=6mQJAQAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false
youtube.com/watch?v=QXxGaaZWegE
youtube.com/watch?v=DHRIiRywLOU
vocaroo.com/i/s1hKsv7MNwOk
vocaroo.com/i/s0JXYWTuAEKJ
youtube.com/watch?v=zi6FdphM7CA&t=1406s
youtube.com/watch?v=SJkepDlK6VM&t=17s
youtube.com/watch?v=-iDn8-Uuahk&t=797s
youtube.com/watch?v=wgteZnm44q4
youtube.com/watch?v=A5CihDJqyDY
youtube.com/watch?v=-7AV0WJdfdg
composersdoingnormalshit.com/page/18
youtube.com/watch?v=-mVQxR9Ll9U
youtube.com/watch?v=72V_OTSiAkM
youtube.com/watch?v=0dDz6qoujho
youtube.com/watch?v=s8r4BZCDPhE&t=16s
youtube.com/watch?v=zQllaipHOPQ&t=4s
youtube.com/watch?v=vFIFMPY9YjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KtCS3GthOew
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ue-9-By-6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=GvKw6UaG2SM
youtu.be/HZYgPx031pA
youtu.be/buCD-_1UPn4
youtube.com/watch?v=lw-cXAVVjbY
youtu.be/NXy8kbb5Sn4?t=902
youtu.be/2dHX4IyO818
youtube.com/watch?v=PgLwe8Cd_kI
youtu.be/fdrmZmRyKAM
youtu.be/XajLlwK2I44
youtube.com/watch?v=CYa6LHVXSpo
youtube.com/watch?v=dc4lN7BwI-w
youtube.com/watch?v=WPILv1OCpzs
youtube.com/watch?v=lEf4s6naews
youtube.com/watch?v=lE1NQpB-F_A
youtube.com/watch?v=to1hR2iY61w
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpent_(instrument)
youtube.com/watch?v=wtFBaSXmGYI
youtube.com/watch?v=J4EEeu-7Hkk
youtube.com/watch?v=IVJrSgt7rGc&ab_channel=sonoqui
youtube.com/watch?v=9RyM34Fzp-o
youtu.be/6eyy0OYcbao
youtu.be/ll6PuMDOiVg
youtu.be/Yk717tZzKkk
youtube.com/watch?v=CIBkI1_kPYE
youtube.com/watch?v=z1CN70DqDP8
youtube.com/watch?v=vNaXQQbcgw0
youtube.com/watch?v=ifFb6EIZJbw
youtube.com/watch?v=7FgqBQamzus
youtube.com/watch?v=zrQ5TZqgY3c
youtube.com/watch?v=wkFdAigjmLA
youtube.com/watch?v=Brl7WmHDG-E
youtube.com/watch?v=DbMZuFJ9M1I
youtu.be/7vSNvQ5qibM
youtube.com/watch?v=KGv80K1-bbc
fuguestatefilms.co.uk/product/maximum-reger/
youtube.com/watch?v=L85XTLr5eBE
youtube.com/watch?v=Y7JVmrNwdh0
youtube.com/watch?v=6HUq-U-iNIs
youtube.com/watch?v=MApCm3UO6nQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Hugo Wolf
Fuck yes.
youtube.com/watch?v=SUIypA7veRM
youtube.com/watch?v=0XBkesop0wI

>mfw I study musicology (German Musikwissenschaft edition)
>also other humanities
>read for hours with unbroken concentration, cementing and synthesising knowledge through peer discourse
>professor directly supervises my thesis, we enjoy a fruitful academic correspondence
>throw Bacchanalian orgies, reveling in the pleasure of the flesh
>go to museums and concerts and read literature in my free time
>flawlessly deliver compelling presentations that span a variety of disciplines
>am aware of my inevitable ethnographic and ideological biases, undauntedly sail between the syclla of objectivity and the charybdis of subjectivity
>can effortlessly recall nuanced concepts from years ago
>have a diverse and eclectic mix of friends, celebrate people for their ideas

also
>be top of my class
>professors can't wait to give me work
>mfw guaranteed job doing what I love (music)

Attached: 285.jpg (334x506, 22K)

>Shoe-beer
I seriously hope you retards don't do this.

Attached: 1538368961382.jpg (774x598, 84K)

Schoeck

youtube.com/watch?v=Pfu3v6wvp_8

How fucking DARE you? Barber was one of the best american composers of his time. Stop making fallacies ad populum faggot

Stop pulling stories out of your ass

>Barber was one of the best american composers of his time.
As an American, I know that doesn't mean shit. It's like talking about English composers after Handel.

The last Giant of Music

youtu.be/UFDn7B35Mqg

Hindemith likes it
Schoenberg (Formerly Schönberg) likes it
Webern likes it
Berg likes it
I Like it
The Musicology frog likes
There's also another regerfag who posted his fantasie and fugue in the last thread
What are waiting for joining the club user!!!!

Selected writings of Max Reger
books.google.com.py/books?id=cGlL4xZ4IlwC&source=gbs_similarbooks

Also theory of Modulation
books.google.com.py/books?id=6mQJAQAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false

The madman wrote a book showing how to quickly modulate to any key, including from C major to B# major

Attached: joker-1.jpg (634x904, 144K)

youtube.com/watch?v=QXxGaaZWegE

Attached: 1480187628488.png (962x406, 100K)

>who was Elgar
>who was Bax
>who was Bliss
>who was Britten
Dude kys right now.

Too bad he never composed a symphony
>not interested in him for that reason

>who was Elgar
Only valid suggestion. English composers are a joke, perhaps not as much as American composers, but a joke nonetheless.

Literally the story of my life. You don't HAVE to be jelly.

Attached: 50a.jpg (470x595, 201K)

>The madman wrote a book showing how to quickly modulate to any key, including from C major to B# major
This is, of course, easily doable if you are indifferent to how the music sounds, which might have been Reger's "secret."

>tfw it's the ending of Holst's Saturn
youtube.com/watch?v=DHRIiRywLOU

Attached: space-pepe.jpg (781x552, 64K)

>only valid suggestion
Dude tell the truth, you haven't heard the other ones. I could also add Tippet, Walton or Williamson

Your posts are a joke. We get it, you don't like them, but right now you are on the left hand side of the Dunning-Kruger graph - full of confidence, but with minimal knowledge on the subject. As you learn more, you will realise you don't actually know what you're talking about, and then as you learn even more, you will be able to comprehend a serious discussion about English and American composers.

What are you saying? You like the sinfonietta or what?

I'm going to assume they're part of the English movement reactionary, post-romantic sort which composed, in contrast to the modernists, nice-sounding fluff, including Delius, Hubert Parry, Butterworth, Frank Bridge, John Ireland, Frederic Cowen, Malcolm Arnold, and Arnold Bax, who I have heard, and was not impressed.

Feel free to try to "wow" me with contrary examples of good music from the composers I mentioned who I am discounting.

Dude no, Bax, Tippet, Bliss, Williamson and Britten were modernists. Stop believing that you have the knowledge in this sterile discussion.

I dare anyone to out-whistle me in Bach

vocaroo.com/i/s1hKsv7MNwOk

It's great, but it's a symphonietta, not a serious symphony.

What are YOU waiting****
Goddamnit i have to reread my posts before posting

So, no attempt to actually post good music? That would make this discussion less sterile, but I understand your difficulty, trying to defend a country's composers whose accomplishments equal that of any country's except in music.

This is the point where you give up, or just resort to personal remarks. Of course, posting good music by these composers, music that even remotely compares to the best music on the continent, would shut me up, but this would be more difficult, and I personally think impossible. Do it. Prove me wrong. I dare you.

>he can't breathe in and whistle at the same time

oh nonono

>re
vocaroo.com/i/s0JXYWTuAEKJ

Hans...

yeah try doing that shit with a fast piece and see if you don't get lightheaded after 30 seconds

You don't leave me with another option that posting music to make you shut up already.

Bliss
youtube.com/watch?v=zi6FdphM7CA&t=1406s
youtube.com/watch?v=SJkepDlK6VM&t=17s

Bax
youtube.com/watch?v=-iDn8-Uuahk&t=797s
youtube.com/watch?v=wgteZnm44q4

Tippet
youtube.com/watch?v=A5CihDJqyDY
youtube.com/watch?v=-7AV0WJdfdg

You can't read music hans

Actually the real hans could read music lmao you're worse

Attached: joaquin-phoenix-joker-rodaje.jpg (700x392, 36K)

lost it

Pretty good.

I would like to remark that without my intervention, this new hans meme would never have been born. I asked for antisemitic conposers and someone told me about that composer

>posting music to make you shut up already.
I said "good" music, which this is not, certainly nothing that compares to the best of the continent. I will say what I've said before, that it's at least music, which could not be said for the modernists after a certain point. In the first Bliss pieces, we hear the reliance on the same tricks, and an obsession with middling, if inoffensive thematic material in place of development, along with drastic changes with character, which the modernists seem to confuse with development.

Development isn't necessary at all times, of course, but it requires in place of it immensely polished and affecting music, (like in Chopin), or highly ornamented, yet sublimely ornamented music, (like Bach).

I could keep listening, but if you really think this compares well with the best of European music, we simply have very different standards.

This music seems to take the worst and least elements of late-romantic Russian music, while providing little memorable. The textures are thick, and the use of instruments are various, but when the noise is past, the impression does not long remain.

There are few clear sections, no pacing, no direction towards a point the audience anticipate. It's just section after section of orchestral colors of vague character that any discerning audience would know is ultimately shallow.

It's a problem of dissipation, but instead of prolifically wasting effort on disconnected pieces, (like Czerny, Liszt, and Saint-Saëns), this happens in entire works. To think that Liszt's symphonic poems look highly unified in comparison.

Shut the fuck up, you can't even read music, brainlet.

Attached: 1546695825609.png (2000x2000, 1.21M)

In the case of these composers, I can't even hear good music either ;)

You quoted the wrong post chum, aim better the next time

Attached: 1543346710269.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

Thanks for that.
Meant for

>w-why can't I talk about literature if I can't read

Attached: bf46b7580.9438093015238092684402.jpg (900x840, 112K)

Yeah you can't hear it because it goes over your head because your listening experience is undeveloped due to your autism, inflated ego and inexperience; can't read music = can't analyse and/or talk about music, doesn't read about music, doesn't expand tastes etc. You're a brainlet, simple as.

Attached: karen-Pendergrass-paleo-journey.png (1414x1332, 234K)

Feel free to provide better arguments as a result.

Consider that there if, of course, no proof that any of you know how to read music. This would be okay if you actually provided arguments in compensation, but this rarely happens. It's very easy to claim that you read music without substantiation, or even truth, imply that somehow replaces arguments, and mock anybody who doesn't share your opinion.

I have a diverse and eclectic mix of friends and celebrate people for their ideas. I only mock you because you're a stupid entitled cunt.

Attached: jZb2lkU.png (565x404, 346K)

Feel free to prove that is the case and these composers aren't utterly mediocre.

I'm sure some of my enemies are defending music they know is weak, just to contradict me, which only indicates how easily they are made obnoxious, and how quickly they resort to muh dawny kroorger in place of arguments. They would rather defend a hundred composers of utter worthlessness then let a single knock on Schnittke go by. I imagine if I came here and defended modernists who they disliked, (such as Feldman), they would use the same non-arguments, or if I started attacking Feldman, they would defend his music to the death.

Yeah, I have plenty of gay friends too. Not an argument ;)

>hurr durr they defend music they know is weak just to make me angry!!!111!!!1
You are just being pathetic at this point if you believe this. Log off the internet

Not to make me angry. I do not have such a low opinion of you to think you would something so futile, at least not yet.

Found this after googling that photos, maybe you guys will find it interesting
composersdoingnormalshit.com/page/18

There isn't much point in us trying to "defend" these composers - you clearly aren't ready for them. You don't understand them because you can't even read music. If you can't read the words, you cannot comment on the substance of a novel. End of discussion. Go fuck yourself now, brainlet.

Let me remind you again:
You failed to comprehend 20th century music. Don't worry, most people do.

Just remember that composers like Ligeti and Stockhausen spend their entire lives learning and thinking about music - don't expect to "get" or "like" what they're doing straight away.

Its fine to say you don't like 20th century music, or don't like certain composers or pieces, but calling them mediocre and trying to act superior to them aint going to fly - you are massively inferior to them in knowledge and experience.

Right now you are on the left hand side of the Dunning-Kruger graph - full of confidence, but with minimal knowledge on the subject. As you learn more, you will realize you don't actually know what you're talking about, and then as you learn even more, you will be able to comprehend a serious discussion about 20th century music.

There isn't much point in us trying to "defend" these composers - you clearly aren't ready for them. Get comfortable with Bartok, Penderecki and Lutoslawski and then we can talk.

say something in german

This is a gold mine, thanks user.

Attached: tumblr_plwlw4FtBD1t06hqzo1_1280.jpg (669x932, 130K)

>This is, of course, easily doable if you are indifferent to how the music sounds, which might have been Reger's "secret."
you're completely wrong there.

youtube.com/watch?v=-mVQxR9Ll9U

Readying yourself seems to having horrendous taste. Again, I'm not convinced any of you can actually read music either. Saying that if one can read music, one automatically likes this music, is, of course, begging the question. It's not as if any reason is given why reading this sort of music is necessary, which never seemed to be the case with previous composers. Seems like a critical defect if a composer has to be read to be appreciated.
A pastiche of Brahms and smells of the lamp. Not a terrible work, but hardly great.

Some of them are cute, especially the ones with the composers and his/her sons/daughters

I should have made it clear that I'm not German nor do I study there but I live in a very small country close to the German culture and language and we are very influenced (and were throughout history by them). I said German edition to distinguish it from the Anglos and American style studies.

I am taking my first year of German as well though. Ich studiere [in meinem Stadt] Musikwissenschaft, faggot.

Attached: 1549222696776.jpg (249x249, 16K)

Sorry I don't speak about serious music and I don't compete in evaluating said music with uneducated brainlets who can't even read music. Come back to me when you've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours analysing works, reading literature, attending concertos and playing instruments and music. In the mean time: go fuck yourself, Hans.

Attached: 6m3n653b3ce21.jpg (432x835, 115K)

Lmao Stravinsky nude

Attached: tumblr_n7blkfMJ2H1t06hqzo1_500.jpg (456x682, 51K)

Naked Stravinsky hivemind wtf

Stravinsky
youtube.com/watch?v=72V_OTSiAkM

>Sorry I don't speak about serious music
This explains the strenuous defenses of modernist music on your part, as feeble as they have been, which I would not consider "serious," (at least not as music), so we agree on that point.

haha epic you cut off the sentence midway no seriously shut the fuck up, Hans.

The rest of the sentence is just a personal remark, but it in its entirety still implies the music you have warmly defended is not "serious."

If there is a reason you think you deserve better treatment, feel free to express it.

Time for beautiful music lads

Berg
youtube.com/watch?v=0dDz6qoujho

Attached: bdw3ZKh1t06hq.png (559x723, 426K)

Feel free to suck my fat cock, Hans.

Attached: 1549139704687.jpg (242x520, 50K)

I would expect nothing less at this point. It would be one thing if there was anything remotely elevated about your posts, or if you did nothing but mock me. But attempts have been made to defend apparently indefensible music, and they were extremely wanting, and what is born from this futility? Shitposts like this:

Czechia?

Attached: bzd4uauv1t0.jpg (500x334, 43K)

When will /classical/ take the pettersson pill? Allan Pettersson is one of the most relevant composers of the XX century for a lot of reasons. Here are seven reasons why.

1. He is the logical (and masterful) conclusion of Mahler symphonism. If we see how Mahler ended his style with the ninth and tenth symphonies, and if we compare them with Pettersson's ones (with some things changed of course) we see a huge influence.
2. He composed 16 symphonies. Without counting the first one (which never really finished) the others are between great works to masterpieces
2. His seventh symphony is his most important work, a masterpiece that elevated him to the status of the greatest composer of the modern Sweden.
3. His music is completely unique in all senses: his music is tonal but deeply violent, depressive and dissonant. The lyrism are smalland brief islands in his music
4. Attacked both by reactionaries and progressives, he rejected to modify his music for others, he maintained his music style and sincerity
5. He never left behind his musical expression behind the mere formalism. His works have feelings but very dark ones.
6. Had to face incredibly hard conditions: poor family, abusive father, rejection to his musical vocation. He overcome all those problems and managed to be a musician and composer
7. Most of his works are artistic monuments which embrace all the nuances of the human race, the dark and the bright ones.

Attached: pettersson_100_a_potrait_in_excerpts.461.0.jpg (461x466, 42K)

Shut up and recommend me some of his music.

I ain't tellin'
You don't need to know

Attached: 1541440913374.jpg (250x250, 6K)

Do you have sportify?

shit *spotify

Hello Luxembourg/Liechtenstein faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=s8r4BZCDPhE&t=16s
youtube.com/watch?v=zQllaipHOPQ&t=4s

Schmelzer

youtube.com/watch?v=vFIFMPY9YjQ

>success is being academia drone
until your living in a barrel out on the streets you won't create anything meaningful

who does?

Just months ago that would've been "including Handel". Nobody in the general is capable of independent thought

>The last giant of music

PFFFFFFFFFFFT

Attached: stravinsky.gif (470x638, 106K)

I love how the reason he felt "comfortable" with revealing this was the fact that nobody was bothering to properly debate him. Like, maybe there was a reason for that Hans... Jesus Christ.

Attached: 1551194702078.jpg (473x591, 37K)

Stravinsky also liked Reger
The "The Last Giant Of Music" is a Hindemith quote about Reger

How does that follow?
Yes, the reason is that this general is filled with ignoramuses who think their unsubstantiated abilities gives them any authority and makes up for total inability to being articular and persuasive.

You were clearly ignorant of what the reason might have been, which is why you were unsure if there was a reason, so I am glad I could remove your ignorance on that one point.

I don't care, there have been giants since Reger.

You fuck it up m8 the Penis is pointing at poor berg

Good post, i discovered the Symphony 7 long time ago where do you think should l go next with his works? I only listened to the 7 like another poster said in another he's literally too depressing to listen too often i guess i should listen to Pettersson once a month or something

Attached: 1545587043544.png (500x508, 61K)

in another thread**
Aaaarrggg

I already explained the concept of 'not even wrong'. I shouldn't have to explain it again.

I post a hard Reger work and everyone looses their mind "'"'"muuuuuuuuuh musical gesture""""""""""""
But then someone post an even lighthearted Reger work
"""'mvvvvvvvvhhh Brums pastiche""""""""
The Regerfeels
>tfw too conservative for modernists and too modernist for conservatives

Attached: 1526503741969.jpg (399x322, 25K)

Please change this from Stockhausen to Boulez (or even Norgard or somebody like that). Stockhausen is the quintessence of charlatanism.

Attached: 09b2315c2c793e500343b3af8b1fb2b48317b83c.jpg (640x640, 127K)

stop reposting this lame shit you annoying retard

>well, since you're already casting your pearls before swine, you might as well bring up arguments that I'm not even going to understand as well. Not that I've ascertained the meaning of the ones already provided.

Got a great reaction image, so far.

Attached: tumblr_nfgu0mVLll1t06hqzo1_1280.jpg (1280x1014, 412K)

((((((Bernstein)))))) likes it rough

Attached: tumblr_nc5sp0pF7R1t06hqzo1_400.jpg (357x550, 36K)

He has the 'tism

Attached: tism.jpg (1009x877, 229K)

OH NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: tumblr_n8x7vgnnyA1t06hqzo1_1280.jpg (1280x958, 164K)

this is why I promised to never listen to anything conducted by him

Well, I agree in principle with it; specifically, when applied to my opinions. Much less so for other people.
Well, he was not a good composer. That Latin Requiem was nice, though. Post more Reger music like that.
>implying

This "Sad Picnic" shit is pathetic

Checked, and correct.

it gets worse

Attached: tumblr_ngr62l0HOF1t06hqzo1_640.png (566x366, 276K)

>Britain's greatest composer (besides the very German Handel) is a nigger

Attached: SCT.jpg (195x258, 8K)

I feel like posting this creepy picture of Bernstein has killed the thread. Sorry guys.

Wagner sucks Bernstein's cock.

nazis pwnd

>Not knowing about renaissance, romantic and 20th century English/British composers
pleb

I obviously know about romantic and 20th century British composers (of which Taylor was both). But I'll admit there is a gap in my knowledge of Renaissance composers because choral works just don't do it for me most of the time.

time for Viol consort then
youtube.com/watch?v=KtCS3GthOew
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ue-9-By-6Q

Renaissance English composers were some of the best in the world

Yeah, this music just sounds incredibly generic to me. I have no idea what the appeal is. Maybe this was interesting for its day but not after 400 years of theoretically informed music.

Ropartz

youtube.com/watch?v=GvKw6UaG2SM

Still awaiting information on these underground school french composers of the baroque and Classical eras.

Attached: 1524376639349.jpg (800x546, 55K)

dude, look at this list. You can literally knock this out in an afternoon.

Attached: Frenchies.png (344x398, 19K)

>You fuck it up m8 the Penis is pointing at poor berg
No it just illustrates my feelings toward's Berg and his music (I'm excited by it) very well and at the same time I am telling the autist to suck it; win-win.

No, you're a charlatan.

You failed to comprehend 20th century music. Don't worry, most people do.

>>throw Bacchanalian orgies, reveling in the pleasure of the flesh
Vade retro satana

Academia is comfy as fuck and I will write papers and essays and create literature for the few educated people interested in such a beautiful and rich topic (music, history aka humanities). Stay mad.

Back off, (((Christcuck)))

Attached: NFeoGrzH_GHUI7Sunh1CsW--zJcsgikXcf96qUSSVAQ.png (624x434, 87K)

Why is classical so boring

People who don't read think books are boring.

Attached: bartok string quartet 4, movement V.gif (800x450, 2.59M)

what?

where do you think should l go next with his works?
Try the symphony No.8, the violin concertos and the first concerto for string orchestra

If you think

Gould is bad

And Horowitz is good

And you don’t listen to Hofmann

Or godowsky

And you think the piano is a lyrical instrument with a singing tone

You’re a fucking pleb and

anyone who buys into your bullshit

Should be execut

Along with you

The 19th c pianists are the only ones worth

A fking dime

Because you. Fucking shuck

Go shill your insecutiry elsewhere

>I have no idea what the appeal is
complex modal polyphony, creating harmonies we wouldn't really hear in the common practice era, or today.

its just you user, intelligent people find it super interesting and varied

COMPLEX

MODAL

POLYPHONY

As though complexity was a prerequisite for acceptability. Here take half life you FUCKING PLEB
youtu.be/HZYgPx031pA

Go listen to mozart or read about beethoven the gardener. But don’t shit my general with your trash sophistry demanding complex sophistication from your fucking embellished folk tunes

triggered lol

Don't assume I've never heard of Gombert and the multitude of Renaissance composers, because that assumption makes you look retarded. If you want to be helpful, feel free to find more complex non-vocal renaissance era music from England than what I posted., without posting the Byrd fretwork album.

>complex
>England
What unbelievably arbitrary demands you make on embellished folk melodies. Define complexity and tell me why you’re not just sucking off 18th c Neapolitan everything instead. Here have something different your Soul will thank me
youtu.be/buCD-_1UPn4

are you mentally challenged?

Reminder that God exists and he loves even the shitposters of /classical/ to the extent that he died for their sins.

Attached: 250px-Johann_Sebastian_Bach.jpg (250x308, 20K)

>Reminder that God exists
Stopped reading there.

Attached: da399456-bea0-48aa-a2bb-17eb847e60ac.jpg (402x402, 42K)

It's going past your head because you don't understand it, buddy. Just like illiterate people trying to read classic novels. You can obviously change this though if you try.

>you will impregnate Clara a dozen times
why live brehs

Attached: 1t06h.jpg (252x372, 28K)

Pfitzold

Kekel

ok m8, I guess the symbolism flew over my head

>That Latin Requiem was nice, though. Post more Reger music like that.
What do you think of the Sinfonietta I posted in this thread tho?
Like i said before Reger is a Gold mine i'm still fucking grasping the string quartets

Will check it out

Also since Pettersson is Swedish here's a meme related i found on /his/

Attached: 1550271232240.png (1196x636, 247K)

Yes the piano is not a lyrical instrument
The Piano is a polyphonic instrument
Non-polyphonic works are irrelevant

Stop listening to your darling r*mantic era
Start listening to my recordings of Gibbons, Byrd, handel, Bach, Scarlatti, Schoenberg (Formerly Schönberg), Webern, Berg
Stop Listening to Mozart
Start listening to ONLY my Mozart Recordings
Also FUCK piano recitals
Recordings are better and the future just like electronic music (he was right)

/
/

FUCK Chopin

Attached: IMG_20190205_223354.jpg (460x750, 155K)

BASED

gay and fake edition

Cringe

>w-what do you mean you dont like the Grosse Fuge user??
I composed it for the f-future!! For you user!!!

Attached: d8tjc0r-9f3be397-7943-4400-9a57-c372a210f5ae.png (400x843, 212K)

Aaaaarggg i fucked up the greentext

Bro... that's kinda cringe

You like the Grosse Fuge or what?

Haydn
youtube.com/watch?v=lw-cXAVVjbY
youtu.be/NXy8kbb5Sn4?t=902

Not that good for a fugue

I want some classical music for my phone, but I don't know where to start. If I had to get like a few best of albums what should I get? Thanks.

Scarlatti on guitar
youtu.be/2dHX4IyO818

I don think there's a classical instrument with Better musicians right now than classical guitar
And i think this is exactly because of how of a small and free niche is classical guitar

Attached: 1550887194338.png (3000x3000, 620K)

Yeah Beethoven's strong point in the Grosse Fuge is the Rhythm and not the Counterpoint
I will defend The Grosse Fuge from contrarians until my death and maybe even after that

Attached: b5b.png (680x683, 138K)

i dont think our repertoire isn't great though. concertos are a classic example; as much as i love concierto de aranjuez, it just completely cucks all the other works live Ponces concierto del Sur or Torrebas Concierto en flamenco. even those ones are basically just Spanishy ones, well never get something like shosty violin one. ah well

pick one artist from each era (Medieval, Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, Romantic, 'Modern'. see what the craic is and then just go on their spotify page
dunno if it works for everyone but thats how id do it

low attention span?

You play classical guitar m8?
My friend give me some lessons but it was just fucking around with friends
So i cannot say i play the guitar
And as for guitar concertos i'm not really a big fan
Mangoré did everything that has to be done in Guitar composition for me, sometimes i dont even listen to other guitar composers because Mangoré is so unique and the one who made me fall in love with the Classical guitar

Attached: 1549495689828.jpg (249x57, 3K)

It's a pity really, but imo there's not one truly great composer who's written works for the guitar. I honestly don't get the hype for barrios - he has some good pieces, but like with so many guitar composers I cannot stand the spanish/latin quality for too long.
If it weren't for Bachs Lautenwerke and other transcribable works, I probably would've quit quite some time ago; some of his keyboard works work surprisingly well for two guitars too.

Bach

youtube.com/watch?v=PgLwe8Cd_kI

>Barrios
Mangoré***
Call him Mangoré it was his nickname and is more cool dude
And yeah some people can't stand that spanish/latin quality this may be the reason why classical guitar is the black sheep of classical
Thank god i was born in the same shithole that Mangoré was born so this is Aesthetic
Well at least chinks and gooks seems to like it classical guitar

Attached: 1551180631742.png (817x669, 272K)

unless youre into fairly modern stuff, i reckon its probably one of the worst instruments to study at pro level cos those are the only pieces i seem to ever find, like the best early modern sonata ive found is the antonio jose one
its kinda like being a cuck, you listen to all the great orchestral works and concerti while you play the villialobos etudes for the nth time
not saying its a shitty instrument, i do love it, but i get why people think im retarded

this is my Aesthetic***

You would hear just about ANYTHING after 1920. In fact inspiration of renaissance music is one of the major themes of the early 20th century (Variations on a Theme of Thomas Tallis et al)

Well john Williams certainly didn't think he was being cucked when he spammed Mangoré all over the world
Mangoré would certainly be a forgotten composer if wasn't for him
And the Guitar is not really for orchestral music

Mangoré
youtu.be/fdrmZmRyKAM

That's not Clara, that's her daughter

>Guitar is not really for orchestral music
i really wish it was, so far its Mahler 7 and a few operas (not including works with basso continuo)

>Frere Jacques in the minor key starts playing
Seriously Mahler?

Attached: 1549745014018.jpg (720x696, 56K)

What operas m8?
Also did you know about Piazzolla's Guitar and Bandoneon Concerto?

youtu.be/XajLlwK2I44

The Friend who gave me those few guitar lessons played this once here with the local orchestra

>What operas m8?
The Barber of Seville Rossini
Oberon Weber
Don Pasquale Donizetti
Beatrice and Benedict Berlioz
Otello and Falstaff Verdi
La vida breve de Falla
The Nightingale Stravinsky
Wozzeck Berg
Paul Bunyan Britten
theres a few more but those are the ones my teacher told me to note, would be nice if we were in ballet too

Does anyone here buy classical recordings? If so, what format?

my mummy buys cd's

as a comple beginner in music theory, what books from the mega folder should I read first? or should I begin elsewhere?

Attached: 2rWlY_Y6wYppYumha9AimyAjJyCcA371GFiVbPsGVyU.jpg (320x427, 28K)

get a teacher or use a video or some shit
youll just trip over yourself self taught

bernstein
dont worry hes dead now so theres no risk of being fondled

bet you've never composed anything worthwhile in your life. all you can do is "talk" and "write" about music. lmao. pretentious pseudointellectuals are literally the cancer of the earth, leeching off of other peoples talent.

dude on the right in pic related is you btw.

Attached: eb3.jpg (680x568, 30K)

Duh, I'm not a composer and I don't study at the academy. Looks like I triggered somebody with my "talking" and "writing" and "thinking". Cheers, brainlet.

Attached: CF-k9JAUEAAhvqg.jpg (530x492, 39K)

how do I stop being a pleb?

learn music thoery

Bruhns

youtube.com/watch?v=CYa6LHVXSpo

the best English composers all were Renaissance composers

you may want to speak to a doctor, you sound like you are on the autistic spectrum.

not even an insult, it will make a lot of things clearer for you in life.

Well, so far no luck discovering some idiosyncratic undercurrent in French music but here is a nice composer.

youtube.com/watch?v=dc4lN7BwI-w

Attached: e068f86557942efe78ece670d456a92a.jpg (400x119, 8K)

Okay, then we'll say "The UK's greatest composer is a nigger" :^)

I'm not baiting though. This guy is seriously worth checking out.

youtube.com/watch?v=WPILv1OCpzs

>duh im a talentlet my talent is to think".
yeah great, we need more pseudointellectuals like you.

What is that thing?

not sure how you reach that conclusion friend other than it being the latest buzzword. you have a complete lack of social awareness.

Low IQ. Imagine getting this worked up by people who read books.

Attached: CubWOK6.jpg (914x1091, 99K)

>talentlets coping with the fact they are not creative in the slightest and cant compose anything worth a shit. all they can do is calling people brainlets and low iq for not wasting their lives reading outdated shitty books by fedora tipping nerds.

Pfitzner

So people shouldn't read books unless they are writers? They shouldn't watch movies unless they are directors?

Attached: 1482562638449.png (556x430, 81K)

I fuckin' love Strauss
youtube.com/watch?v=lEf4s6naews

Don't bother, friend; he's baiting because he's a triggered music theoryless brainlet.

Attached: CF-k9JAUEAAhvqggfgfd.jpg (500x464, 147K)

there were two well-tempered claviers (wtc)
there were two world trade centers (wtc)
did bach predict 9/11?

It seems, unfortunately, that this is far from a complete list. For instance I found this composer, mentioned nowhere on the page.

youtube.com/watch?v=lE1NQpB-F_A

Fuck off.

Kalomiris
youtube.com/watch?v=to1hR2iY61w

Sorry fellas, the trail's run cold. I think this whole underground school may have just been a purely academic entity. Or else Bruce Adolphe just made the whole thing up.

Sounds like another Hans desu

For better or worse, the Puccini of the latter half of the 20th century. Whether you hate or respect Pucini or Weber, this is undeniable.

Attached: file.png (700x455, 462K)

Of course it does. Early 20th century music consistently was either ear-splitting and awful noise, or saccharine and shallow fluff.

You are now aware of the most badass instrument ever conceived.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpent_(instrument)

Attached: Serpent_groves.jpg (760x1464, 75K)

yes

youtube.com/watch?v=wtFBaSXmGYI

Actually, the last quarter of the 20th century and the early 21st, just like Puccini in the last quarter of the 19th and the early 20th. Really, Weber and Puccini are essentially the same figure in their respective fields: Weber in musicals, and Puccini in opera. A major different would be that Puccini was making opera more accessible and popular to the grow middle class in continental Europe, while Weber was elevating the musical by integrating numerous styles, including the operatic.

Weber was actually far more ambitious in his field, and his influence on the art form was far more positively influential and elevating than that of Puccini on opera. If Weber's works are not greater than Puccini's however, even if they were more original, influential, and ambitious, it shows how difficult it is to create great art in necessarily lesser and less developed forms. Puccini as an artist has been equaled in musicals, but it is unlikely there will ever be Mozart or Verdi.

Puccini seems to have a fairly advanced and contemporary (for its time) harmonic vocabulary. I don't know why the general shits on him. He's not like Johann Strauss of anything.

Yes, I would agree with that, but he is very, very inferior to Verdi and Mozart. I would say there is no level of complexity found in his music not found in previous composers.

I would imagine that while Weber was bringing his knowledge of opera, (and other genres), to musicals, elevating it in the process, Puccini was starting from opera, and integrating into it a simplicity that would be more appealing to the public. I might be wrong in this, as I do not know enough of the background of Puccini's music, but it makes sense, as opera was clearly an established form, and there is little seen in Puccini's music in any sense that was not in opera, with, again, the exception of simplification so the music would appeal to anyone, while endowing it with beauty. Weber, however, with bringing so many elements or classical music and opera and other genres to musicals, was really quite sui generis.
>I don't know why the general shits on him.
Because he was and still is popular, and compared to the contemporary modernists, or avant-garde late romantics who are darling to many here, he is the one of the few really popular composers of that period.

This is largely the reason why Meyerbeer, despite, and really, because of his extraordinary popularity with the public, (to such a degree that perhaps not even Weber experienced), was so strongly despised by Wagner and his disciples, even though Meyerbeer was equally as ambitious as Wagner was, and there really is not such a vast gulf of quality between the works of Meyerbeer and Wagner. Eventually, the Wagnerians succeeded, decades after both composers had passed, and the man who once dominated all opera now borders on the obscure and is rarely played, while Wagner's popularity is, (in my opinion), quite higher than it should be.

Imagine if romantics, who adored Chopin, Schubert, Alkan, Brahms, and Schumann, (largely, composers of pure music), despised Verdi, Meyebeer, and Rossini. This is how petty this mentality is.

Scriabin

youtube.com/watch?v=J4EEeu-7Hkk

Puccini
youtube.com/watch?v=IVJrSgt7rGc&ab_channel=sonoqui
Everybody knows the standard interpretation of these piece, so I won't bother posting it. If this aria, when played in the standard fashion, does not melt your heart, when you are wrong or right, better or worse for it, you can consider your taste in this regard contrary to the rest of humanity.

Anyway, watching this scene and bits of Puccini's operas suggests to me that, unlike Verdi, and certainly, very unlike Mozart, he was extremely uneven. Any great music in this opera outside of this aria I would like to hear, but listening to this suggests that only Puccini could not consistently compose good music, but even when he did, it was not used appropriately.

Hearing how this aria is performed here and watching parts of the opera suggests that this piece of music is very ill-suited to its context and it deserved to be in a better, more serious opera, even a comedy.

I would imagine even this performance is probably too influenced by standard interpretations, and perhaps when audiences first heard this, it was even less apparent how elevated than its context.

youtube.com/watch?v=9RyM34Fzp-o
This recording, from the year the opera debuted and from the very soprano who first played the part, and it's essentially the same performance as what sopranos sing in the aria separate from the opera itself, which suggests that singers knew it should be played differently and better than what was appropriate for the opera.

I could post multiple examples from Mozart, but I will assume there is no point. Mozart, in his characteristic perfection, wrote pieces that were excellent and sublime, yet in their ideal performances as pure music, perfectly adapted in their operatic contexts.

Going back to Puccini, this aria might be the equivalent of the "Ride of the Valkyries" in Die Walküre: the single excellent piece of music in hours of ear-splitting mediocrity.

Milhaud
youtu.be/6eyy0OYcbao

@86192339
How fitting there's literally a Pfitzner aria on the same recording.

Attached: hans.jpg (661x760, 73K)

>tfw no keyboard Zelenka works
aaand this is actually a good thing pianocucks would have ruined it

Instrumental Zelenka
youtu.be/ll6PuMDOiVg

Choral Zelenka
youtu.be/Yk717tZzKkk

>Tfw THICC Counterpoint with Beethoven-tier manipulation of Rhythm and Mozart-tier controlled chromaticism

Attached: 1550539789910.png (600x600, 500K)

Scriabin is the sort of composer whose music I either love, or am totally baffled by, but sense there is something there I can not hear. This piece is of the latter sort. I can not hear the excellence, but I allow it could be there. I would say, based on those mazurkas which I can understand, Scrabin is probably the best composer of mazurkas after Chopin, (which is not saying much, I allow).

Scrabin
youtube.com/watch?v=CIBkI1_kPYE
Some people might strongly object to this tempo, which totally flaunts the character of a mazurka, and is closer to that of a waltz. This, I sympathize with, but can not help but prefer it like this.

It occurs to me now that Scriabin, at least initially in his career, emulated Chopin as much as Chopin emulated Schubert, where in many, (but not all), of his compositions, he was following, but not imitating a composer. Much of what he wrote in imitating Chopin was excellent and fully justifies it worth, despite the apparent derivative qualities. Unlike Chopin, however, who perfected and elevated everything he took from Schubert, Scriabin really even came close to eclipsing Chopin. This was a perhaps a reason why he eventually stopped imitating Chopin, and the consequence was that he unarguably evolved more as composer. While Chopin composed largely in the same fashion throughout his life, (certainly, in his miniatures), which may be partially attributed to its shortness, Scriabin, who only lived slightly longer, in his last works barely resembles his earliest masterpieces.
Ironically, these sort of comments please me the most, as it implies mine were mostly read.

Also
>tfw Scarlatti navigating between Modes and using tone clusters like is the 20th with a beyond tasteful classical guitar influence which you wouldn't heard of course if you are a Pianocuck

God Baroque is the Blackpill i hope my ear gets more refined in the future to dig more

Attached: 1550831066686.jpg (888x894, 68K)

Regardless of what might think, this aria is a minor masterpiece, yet deserved to be a better opera, with not only music, but a story that would compliment it.

youtube.com/watch?v=z1CN70DqDP8
Appearing at the end of the opera, if it's not one of Mozart's, or even the finest aria of the opera, there nobody would say there is any disproportion to the excellent of the music to the context, or the opera a whole, which one would say of Puccini. If it is unfair to compare Puccini to Mozart, Puccini should feel fortunate he wrote anything so excellent that any comparison would be fruitful.

youtube.com/watch?v=vNaXQQbcgw0
youtube.com/watch?v=ifFb6EIZJbw

The excellence in Amadeus lies not in the representation of envy, and, certainly, not in its plot, but in the manner it uniquely captures the admiration one feels to a genius of colossal magnitude, a god among men, and of such a worth we feel only we sufficiently appreciate in a philistine world that knows not the worth of our darling hero. It is still somewhat flawed in this regard, as it should have exhibited the frustration Salieri would have felt composing works so utterly inferior to that of Mozart's.

The representation of envy is much less effective, and I think only really successful in the scene where Mozart almost effortlessly takes a piece which was an effort of intense labor on the part of Salieri, and transforms into a far greater work through improvisation.

youtube.com/watch?v=7FgqBQamzus

I think we should stop the hans meme
Pfitzner was certainly not as bad as paragraphautist
Pfitzner was just taking a side in the Conservative vs Modernist war in the era before the internet and in which by all means if i was a musician or composer at that time hearing atonal music i would had hated too

Attached: 469px-Hans_Pfitzner_by_Wanda_von_Debschitz-Kunowski,_ca_1910.jpg (469x599, 52K)

>actually mentioning his last name
Now, somebody might listen to his music out of curiosity. Shame on you.

I dunno i just read a little of his wikipedia page and i feel bad for an dead old men who's name is now used as an insult meme for an autist who can't even read music
This may also had to do with my cognitive dissonance with atonal music since i used to hate atonal music as you all know and i know what it feels to be repulsed by atonal music and and sometimes i still Larp as a conservative atonal-hating here
i'm very complicated here i'm not just a schoenbabe or webernfag who just jumps and defends their music like the majority of this general

Attached: 1549150727648.jpg (1080x690, 63K)

I have no objection to the man in his opinion or his life. Indeed, had things been different, I might have looked into his opinions on music.

But his music was utterly mediocre and worthless, and I would rather not have him posted, as people are apt to look waste time listening to his music.

youtube.com/watch?v=zrQ5TZqgY3c

10/10

Strictly speaking Jazz musicians (and certain enthusiasts) probably know more theory than classical musicians or enthusiasts. I'm not even a Jazz listener but Barry Harris and Rick Beato just seem really a lot more accessible than Fux and Hindemith. Today a Jazz guy totally schooled me on modulation.

Attached: 1550805849602.png (614x614, 31K)

How has nobody commented on this thing? Just fucking look at it!

Shut the fuck up, Hans.

You're not a classical musician m8 and you can go back to youtube with your e-celebs

Attached: images.jpg (291x173, 8K)

>Barry Harris
>eceleb

underage detected.

The significance of this piece is that it strongly resembles a Christmas carol I used to sing with my family, and I showed it to my mother, and she recognized the piece as a Christmas carol, though she knew it in Spanish.

e-celeb***
You mentioned beato
And very close i'm 19

So what? I mentioned fucking Beato. Jazz is all about improvisation. Most classical musicians just have to read the notes and play them as printed. Jazz musicians actually have to understand how the music works theoretically to improvise. Of course cadenzas are improvised but what proportion of classical musicians are soloists? Jazz theory has to be more accessible because a greater number of people (including blacks :^l ) have to understand it. Whereas classical theory is extremely academic and intended mostly for actual composers who want to do things that are more sophisticated anyway.

Then you didn't have to mention classical musicians because i get triggered because i know alot of classical musicians and they're wonderful people to listen and talk
And i can understand all what they say (i'm not a classical musician)
And you're piece in the other thread was quite nice m8
And you are starting to talk like a jazzfag

classical is dead, when classical was alive improvisation was a bigger thing although probably not as much as jazz

youtube.com/watch?v=wkFdAigjmLA

This is a fair analysis, and actually suggests that perhaps playing Jazz is more intellectually demanding than playing Classical music, as it requires the capacity to improvise.

This is, of course, a far cry from the 19th century, where pianists, especially the most notable, were expected to not only improvise, but compose, a practice that has almost completely disappeared for Classical musicians today, (the only exception I know among them being Hamelin).

I remember an interview from Berezovsky, (that I can not find), where he mentioned that improvisation is actually harder in Jazz than in Classical music because the latter features polyphony.

I mean I read Hindemith's book. If you've read his book you'd recognize what I'm talking about. Its basically im-fucking-possible to remember all the rules and correlations he maps out between chord species (of which he differentiates probably somewhere in the realm of 4 dozen). Meanwhile if I watch a Rick Beato video or a Barry Harris lecture, nothing is really all that difficult to assimilate. I don't doubt the Hindemith is more fruitful (and I would like to work my way up to serious compositions) but the barrier to entry is massive. That's my only point. Jazzists are generally going to get more out of their subculture than we are on average.

>I don't doubt the Hindemith is more fruitful (and I would like to work my way up to serious compositions) but the barrier to entry is massive.
I'm personally not convinced his contributions to music theory are valuable, as the best music was written long before him, and it seems like his principles did not seem to improve the sort of music he wrote himself.

Hans, I swear to fuckin' CHRIST!

Attached: 1544271732980.jpg (881x960, 135K)

Well to be fair Hindemith is the epitome of academic bully teacher you didn't have to start there not even if you're advanced in theory
I mean he's one of the only persons who can see the genius of Reger
And you dont need to remind me what this general thinks of Reger
I like Reger but of course i only know the basics of theory and i can play the piano decently i keep saying this but i havent had practice in weeks but honestly i dont want to go further i'm lazy

There you go, objecting when I'm saying something perfectly reasonable. You don't even bother to contradict me, which is sensible, as Hindemith's music is horrible and you know it.

I bet I could try to explain why Bach was superior to Handel and Telemann, and you will still give such an idiotic response, just to be contrarian.

Is there a better sampling/incorporation of classical music into Hip Hop than this?
youtube.com/watch?v=Brl7WmHDG-E

I will admit that Reger has contrapuntal skill but I just don't find his philosophy of composition, perhaps, very appealing. I thought Hindemith was known for being associated with a movement called Musical Objectivism, which was basically an approach to composition rooted in ethics; that he wrote musical that was practical for performers (reputed to have known how to play each instrument) and by extension would probably also want to make his theory accessible as he personally could manage. I think, ultimately his own autism just got in the way of deriving some set of more elegant axioms from his convoluted system.

Is Schoenberg's theory more accessible?

Practice more user it gets better and better every day!

youtube.com/watch?v=DbMZuFJ9M1I

Its not reasonable to comment of theory when you can't even read music, Hans. That should go without saying. Hindemith desired to derive a system of composition that could at least the entirety of romantic music. On the other hand he seems very dismissive of the specific procedures of his contemporaries. If anything, you agree with him more than you realize.

Attached: Schoenberg_BTFO.png (442x679, 105K)

reger's a fucking faggot with zero skill for melody, history forgot him justifiably.

account for*

>melody
youtu.be/7vSNvQ5qibM

And literally every slow Movement of his string quartets

I can't really argue differently. Out of the half-dozen Reger pieces I've heard, I've not heard a strong memorable melody. But I will grant that a composer can be interesting for other reasons. There does seem to be a certain confluence between the best melodists and their cultural prominence.

Reger has a lot of variety - you may not like his long, dry fugues, but he writes much more accessible lieder and solo works.

youtube.com/watch?v=KGv80K1-bbc

His melodic skill is in par with Strauss and Mahler, you probably just haven't listened to the right sections or pieces. He has a massive variety of works, so its no surprise you haven't encountered his lyrical, melodic style.

How is this a strong melody? Its just Bachian noodling.

I want that fucking documental in completness

Attached: 1547417310762.png (768x768, 152K)

>Maximum Reger

Who thought this was a good title?

Attached: L2t7D3l.gif (320x213, 1.22M)

And it should go without saying that if the proprietor of a system produces only that which is worthless, it calls into question the value of that system.

You are again making the mistake of equating my position to those are also merely against what I oppose. That I am compared to Hindersmith and P___ shows the absurdity of this approach, as they opposed modernism, but were hardly similar composers, and contributed nothing valuable musically.

This. It's possible Reger is a neglected and hidden genius on the level of Bach or Schubert, or even Scarlatti, but that becomes much less likely as time passes, since his music has had every opportunity to be embraced the public, especially in this age. Regardless of Reger's worth, he is not a Bach, or a Schubert, and the public will never regard him as such.

I challenge the view that all possible great music that the public can enjoy has been exhausted, conveniently, around the time classical music became obscure and seemingly totally indifferent the public taste. Surely, the modernist has to accept this premise, or think that the public's approval is indifferent, or that the greatest music is totally beyond the public comprehension, and if public indifferent or disgust may not be a sufficient condition for greatness, but a necessary one.

The last delusional rationalization would lead to the conclusion that formalist nihilists such as Shoenberg, Webern, Berg, Ligeti, Cage, Stockhausen, etc., etc., are actually greater than the classic, immortal authorities in music, including Bach, Beethoven, and Mozart, which is the height of absurdity, so I think they would, to keep their sanity, they probably think that writing great music that was appealing became at one point either impossible or unnecessary. In the former case, I don't allow it, and in the latter case, being so indifferent to the public is only justifiable when you transcend your contemporaries to the extent Bach did.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANS!

Attached: 5f3.gif (300x226, 477K)

This, of course, implies I'm getting under your skin.

Not really. I'm just having fun. This is like a media cliche of a protagonist yelling the name of the bad guy. I'm not actually upset. Not that someone with autism could understand that.

I'm fucking done with this people
I gonna post my reger in this threads and there's nothing you can do
People with alot more acknowledge of music has recognized his genius than anonymous on 4channel who thinks every cello solo piece sounds like Bach

Well, I understand that. Guess I'm free of autism then ;)

>68 pound

fuguestatefilms.co.uk/product/maximum-reger/

/classical/ gofundme when

I see no reason why you posting a bad example of strong melodic writing should reflect negatively upon Reger. I don't doubt that he has stronger melodies than that, as I've surely heard a couple myself.

Do you want to try to explain why his music is so generally unappealing, while Bach's was not? Don't you see that there was clearly something lacking in Reger that results in the immense amount of detail going to waste, as few people care to listen to it, and how much more valuable is combining learning with popular appeal, a la Bach, Mozart, and Beethoven?

Or no? That the public, as corrupt and philistine as it is, appropriately rejects Reger's music, which is of such transcendent beauty, there was no need to please the public, and this a handicap he superseded, making music far more profound than any previous composer, as it he was so indifferent to how pleasing his music generally was?

This might be the case, but if that's so, the composer himself would not agree, as he strongly admired his Hebbel Requiem, which is a very accessible piece.

You will never be free of autism, Hans. And no, if I have to explain it, then you don't understand. I'm pretty sure the guy posting torture methods was genuinely mad. I'm just funposting and any idiot can see that.

If I don't understand, that would imply I'm convinced you are actually mad, which should please me. This is the absurdity you have to find undeniable if you insist I don't understand.

You're being stupid again Hans. Just take a couple minutes before each post and ask yourself: "Is what I'm about to post underwear-on-head-tier". I think cooler heads will prevail under this kind of consideration.

Like i said i'm done this people but do i really need to explain why Reger is Different from Bach
Do you know what was happening in the early 20th?

Are you actually denying the homage to the Bach Cello Suites (in particular the meme one)?

Cooler heads prevail now, so there is no need for this. You should ask the question every time, "Am equating insults with effective posts," and you will find how deficient your posts usually are.
Let's see: Bach was a great composer, and Reger was not. That's a least one difference.
>Do you know what was happening in the early 20th?
Pretty much. Composers decided that making great, original music was hard, so they basically formalistically invented rules to justify writing noise that resembled music, insisting that the music, while sounding terrible, was written according to new rules that actually made it quite clever.

In respect to Reger, he never once resorted to this, and perhaps much of music actually holds up quite well compares to that composers that shortly succeeded him. But this doesn't make music "good." Nobody has to compare Bach to his contemporaries or successors to see the value in his music.

No, he just heard the first 5 seconds from what i posted and said that it was weak melody

he, would be me. And no, its not a strong melody. What the hell is wrong with you? You don't know that a strong melody typically STICKS in someone's head? Who the fuck is going to remember all that riffing after one listening?

Thanks for the encourage user i didn't see this
I Will try to do it
Are you a fellow pianist?

Attached: 1549495948875.png (840x700, 708K)

The poverty's of Reger's music is laid bare when he attempts to imitate Bach, having no melodic skill whatsoever, in immense contrast to Bach, producing music where whatever melodic and textural is there is a pastiche of Bach.

Really, these pieces sound like a parody of Bach at times.

the only reason cooler heads are prevailing now is because of the lack of actual brain activity occurring.

>Catchiness=strong melody
OH NO NO NONO

Yeah i give you that Reger was a edgy Bach and this is a good thing for me at least

why is his atonal music so listenable while other atonal music sounds like dogshit, except some bartok and schoenbergs piano concerto

Attached: Skrjabin_Alexander.jpg (403x453, 29K)

Umm, yeah. Melody is the most proletarian dimension of music. This is even the case with composers like Schoenberg and Berg. Deal with it.

Good night bros i'm gonna listen a slow string quartet Movement from reger before sleeping

Attached: Max_Reger_1890.jpg (746x1500, 151K)

I don't think you thought this response out. This is contrasting storminess and passion with intelligence, as if the more intelligent we acted, the less tranquil we would be.

If I were to assume the validity this contrast, I could say I deal with very "cool" heads here, now and generally.

nice blowjob lips, fuckboi!

Hans, this is basic fucking physics dude. What the hell. Things producing work are hotter. What the fuck, Hans.

Is that the best you could come up with? Would you say your head was rather "warm" in producing it?

I also though of this when i first saw this and i have the same lips

Attached: 1542147485850.jpg (706x1024, 79K)

Like here. These are twelve tone but they are strong melodies.

youtube.com/watch?v=L85XTLr5eBE
youtube.com/watch?v=Y7JVmrNwdh0

So its not like it has to appeal to the lowest common denominator but catchiness is absolutely essential. Its not essential to making a good fugue subject but if we're talking about what makes a good melody catchiness is an essential aspect.

Was the best you could come up with being completely nonplussed by the analogy? Seems like it. Its time to dust off the old cobwebs on the reasoning center because right now, you're down to a brain stem.

I dunno if i'll put that reger cello piece to a girl or anybody they would say oh thats so nice user
And if you put that Fucking Schoenberg SQ for someone you know what would happen m8 so sit the fuck down

The analogy was idiotic, and I responded exactly in the way it deserved.

My god man. Speak English, please.

I just don't know why you're insisting this particular piece is an example of good melody. I kind of doubt you actually listen to Reger with any degree of alacrity, if this was the first thing you thought of for a melody in the Reger catalog.

OH NO NO NO he resorted to this
Good night fag hope you get better your piece was not THAT bad in terms of muzak

>resorted

No, I'm pretty much standing firm on my original point. I'm just saying, we live in a society. Use punctuation for the love of FUCK!

Like I can't emphasize this enough. You're the problem here, not Reger.

I mean, frogfaggot/s, back me up here. Am I wrong? Aren't there more substantial melodies in Reger's oeuvre?

Of course : )
This is very good!
youtube.com/watch?v=6HUq-U-iNIs

Like i said before i'm still analyzing the string quartets with score in hand
I'm not an accomplished reger scholar yet i still haven't listened to all of his works yet
How do i get into punctuation?
You guys helped me with my english before

You're mistaken. Bartok himself would insist that he never wrote atonal music.

I back you up in the ass m8

Nevemind i gonna watch this later lmao
FUCK the english language

Attached: IMG_20190228_002902.png (422x423, 88K)

Can you play a Scriabin Sonata m8?
I can play the third

Okay, the greatest melody Reger wrote is a rehash of the Bach Cello suite. The answer has been LOCKED-IN by Reger aficionados. This definitely redounds positively on Reger's reputation as a composer.

I wanted to learn the 7th but its very hard

also not the guy you responded to just another wandering autist

Ok a strong melody in a Reger quartet just came as i was reading this check the slow Movement of the first SQ

Scriabin past the 5 is impossible
Now that i think of even the 4 is already impossible
The third is kind of special is difficult but kinda easy because you see you are making progress as you try to learn it at least this was my case

I hate counterpoint

Then fuck off. Its one of the most essential elements of serious music.

t. Poly after writing one of his "''''''''''"'""'fugues"''''''''''''''''

Attached: 1550635546563.jpg (10x10, 682)

I'm going to watch***
Bye

Okay once again. I'm not going to remember this. Perhaps Reger's shortcoming is how difficult it is to write a good fugue subject that is also a strong melody. Since he seems to like to perform fugal operations on his motives, maybe he is thinking of them as fugue subjects rather than stand-alone melodies. Of course Bach was a master of making memorable fugue subjects but nobody can touch Bach in that regard, nor be expected to.

He also ends the first quartet(1) and the last quartet(5) with a fugue is so fucking kino you just know there's a colossal fugue waiting for you at the end
I think there's another quartet that also ends with a fugue too but with i dont remember

Your language lacks punctuation? This seems hardly to be the most difficult aspect of English.

are the paragraphs worth reading (you must answer this in one sentence)

t. only clicks links and reads posts with 3 lines or less

>Ligeti
>good
Utter shit, mate. Whatever is remotely decent in this """""piece""""" Scriabin accomplished in the least of his works.

Getting a strong Hansian vibe from this post.

no

I'm just lazy for writings things in 4channel i think
The punctuation rules are the same for english and spanish probably
I also know Portuguese/Brazil
My head is Fucked up with languages

I'm sorry you feel that way, can you expound on your reasoning?

Yes, by virtue of the fact every post is at least one paragraph in length.

What does /Classical/ think of Yuja Wang?

Attached: yuja-wang-performs-at-the-southbank-centre-1-1335954237-editorial-long-form-0.jpg (640x360, 35K)

The hilarious thing is that Hans is already coming around on Scriabin. It wont be too long before he's jamming out to the serialists.

Well I'm certainly not going to say anything as crude and predictable as "She gives me a Yuja Wang", if that's what you were thinking? She sucks tho, 4real.

based

>darling
based

Attached: 1537917595237.gif (244x226, 509K)

I'm not sure if it's worth the effort. In truth, I don't care for much of Scriabin past his early works, but at least in his late works, he was extraordinarily original. I'm hearing nothing here that could not be found in Scriabin's late works, which I think we made worse to the extent that he departed from established models. Here, it sounds like a imitation of Scriabin. That it resembles more at times a person randomly banging on the piano more than Scriabin did makes it different, but not better.

If you could expound exactly why it's "very good," I might be disposed to explain why I think the exact otherwise.
Asian Valentina Lisitsa. I'll leave it at that.

New installment

New thread? I dont want to make it

IT SOUNDS NOT ONE FUCKING WHIT LIKE SCRIABIN. TRAIN YOUR FUCKING EARS!

dresses like a whore and not the best

It has been some time since I've been here. Although I still play the piano, I'm currently a CS undergrad. A scientific initiation scholarship has popped up in the Music Dept. of my uni for extraction and analysis of musical info through recordings (using ML and whatever).

What do you guys think about it? Anyone had to deal with things more computer/tech-related?
Also, did Petzoldfag die?

Attached: 1521761534152.jpg (1670x3250, 1.53M)

here

Well, it's really like this, but more minimalist. This music is fairly minimalist already, and making it further so isn't improving things.

I would say there is a distinct difference between this music that of Ligeti's studies, but the difference make Ligeti's music worse, and Ligeti was hardly original in these works compared to Scriabin.

youtube.com/watch?v=MApCm3UO6nQ

I don't really see what this music has to do with the Ligeti piece which is dodecaphonic and involves harmony built of fifths.

>dodecaphonic
Irrelevant. With sufficient labor, well-known tonal pieces could be converted into this sort of anti-tonality, and this would not make the pieces original, and would not make them better. The 12-tone row does not make all concepts used in it original.