This album FUCKS

This album FUCKS

Attached: EDF25970-B482-4F65-B4FD-A0D04EE2FFCA.jpg (1200x1200, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zol2MJf6XNE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

shut up genre tourist

This album FUCKS
how is this a genre tourist album. what

>how is this a genre tourist album. what
because 95% of the people who listen to this don't actually listen to psych folk

>Being this mad about people liking stuff

Attached: 1550262850247.jpg (727x727, 46K)

Please cry more

Ok, doesn’t mean the album isn’t great, or that people who do listen to psych folk can’t enjoy it
Also this

did I strike a nerve with you guys? it's okay not to have heard other psych folk albums, just don't sperg when someone calls you out for it lol

Little bitch, wasted dubs

t. seething tourist

not gonna lie this is my favorite album of all time
and ive listened to plenty of psych folk so dont try calling me a tourist

Name 10

first utterance
just another diamond day
balaklava
tir na nog
hazel steps through a weathered home
harpoon
pass the distance
prospect hummer
mother twilight
and multiple grateful dead live albums

awful taste

Kek, most “psych folk” is meandering garbage that tries too hard to be “”psychedelic”” instead of just making good songs containing psych elements. Which is why Sung Tongs is so good

explain how
not really, a lot of the albums i mentioned are hardly psychedelic, especially hazel steps

on top of that, sung tongs is arguably one of the most "psychedelic" folk albums, as other ones with that label tend to pander more towards satanism, paganism, and medieval music (freak folk, new weird america, etc)

embarrassing post, reeks of soi

Imagine being this elitist with a generally lesser ranked AnCo album. I'm not saying you should put on Spotify Top 40 and listen to Ariana Grande for a change but put down the vinyl and go step outside dude.

what are you even on about?

>no argument
>soi
Fag

why should I argue against someone who generalizes an entire genre and thinks anco is the only one to make a good album in that genre?

Post some albums then and prove me wrong. I’ve only listened to
>Harpoon
>Spires that in the sunset rise
>The invisible comes to us
>first utterance
>just another diamond day
>other AnCo releases like Prospect Hummer, Pullhair Rubeye, Meeting of the waters
Out of all those Harpoon was my fav but Sung Tongs absolutely blows it out of the water

more like that album SUCKS
it's not as good as Painting With or even, memes aside, MPP

>dude fucking around on a guitar for 7 minutes
the first song and winter's love are the only good songs

Imagine having such bad taste that you don’t even like Who Could Win a Rabbit

that one's okay

how could you leave we tigers out, it doesnt even have guitar

nah if that's all you listened to you gotta find more on your own
start with The Incredible String Band, they're great. also a lot of south american psych folk is underrated

also wtf why have you heard The Invisible Comes to Us and Spires that in the Sunset Rise before the more "essential" albums? nothing wrong with that or anything I like both of those records a lot, just seems odd

>tourist album
Yeah it absolutely is. Doesn't mean it doesn't FUCK

Leaf House and Visiting Friends are the only good songs on the album

>not liking
>kids on holiday
>sweet road
>visiting friends
>who could win a rabbit

there is literally no better 4-track run than
>Who Could Win A Rabbit
>The Softest Voice
>Winters Love
>KIDS ON FUCKING HOLIDAY

Attached: Sung Tongs Hot Dogs.jpg (480x471, 81K)

HERE WE COME MR AIRPLANE

haha dork

fuck u i felt stupid

Get a load of this fag.

Attached: IMG_5898.jpg (239x178, 13K)

found the tourist. stay mad

Gonna Cry? Gonna Piss Your Pants Maybe?Maybe shit and cum?

IF I COULD JUST TAKE YOU OUT
AT BREAKFAST TIIIIME~

Attached: 1551059027444.jpg (292x315, 21K)

I appreciate the rec, but also why don’t you just gimme a South American psych folk rec instead of just saying the genre is good? I don’t want to listen to 10 garbage rym albums just to find one that’s okay... to answer your second post, I found both of those albums from Sung Tongs threads. I tend to try and listen to everything people post in those threads because, like many others, I’ve yet to find an album that scratches the itch as well as Sung Tongs. Can you point me to the “essentials” chart? Is there a list on rym or something?

This album is autism in sonic form

Hearing tracks from Sung Tongs redone for the Painting With tour was absolutely incredible

You can make it 5, considering Leaf House is one of the greatest openers of all time

anyone remember the schizo user who said he had a music class assignment to listen to a song for an hour straight? he said he chose Who Could Win a Rabbit and that when he stopped the track his brain kept screaming and it sounded like someone was yelling inside his head and he couldn't get it to stop

formerly sneed's

good taste. Freak folk rocks.

You should try out Tyrannosaurus Rex if you haven’t heard them- Unicorn, My People Were Fair and Had Stars in Their Hair, and Angels, Sages, and Angels of the Ages.

Check out Second Poem to Karmela or Gypsies Are Important by Peter Walker, as well. And any album by C.O.B. Also, I think you might really like A Gift From a Flower to a Garden by Donovan.

I don’t think you’re a tourist and it wouldn’t matter if you were. I am not trying to flex on you with my taste or anything like that. I am suggesting you albums that based on the ones you listed that you have enjoyed may allow you to expand your repertoire if you haven’t heard them before. THIS state of mind is what should be done as opposed to shouting “Tourist!” At the top of our lungs at each other.

I hope you find a new album or two to enjoy from some of these listings.

I spent like a good year listening to psych folk before moving on. Would give some of their albums a listen every now and then.

Appeal to genres dont work the way you think they do.

It's a pretty crazy song. It was my first introduction to Animal Collective, or even music that was "out there" in general. I had just gotten a computer for Christmas in 2004 (I grew up a poorfag so we couldn't afford one most of my childhood). After getting Internet, one of the first things I ever did was search Google for good music to listen to. I came across Pitchfork and started to listen to every song on their year end list. When I came across "Who Could Win A Rabbit" it didn't make much of an impression to me. It was just noise. Before this, I had only heard music through the radio and my small CD collection. I had never heard anything like it, but I wasn't offended, just not able to understand it. I shrugged and carried on listening to the other songs Pitchfork had curated for me.

Over the next couple of weeks I had a melody STUCK in my head and I couldn't identify what it was at all. It didn't seem to be any song I recognized, I thought maybe it was a tune my imagination conjured up, but it wouldn't go away. One day, I'm listening to the songs on my computer on shuffle. I maybe had 200 songs in total at this point, my collection was still an infant. When suddenly, a song played. HUNGRY BREAD AND BUTTER HUSTLE / YOU'VE BEEN DOING IT A WHILE IT IS ONLY FAIR
Oh. My. God. That was it! The music that was stuck in my head! This weird song that just seemed like random noise to me when I first heard it. That experience hearing this song where everything fell in place now. It felt like a religious experience. I then went on to download other songs from the album. Next was Leaf House and HOLY SHIT. This was next level shit. I would go on to burn the album to CD and listen to it everyday. And ever since then Animal Collective have been my favourite band.

Sorry for the livejournal post

That was a really good post actually, you have a knack for writing

That album got me into psych folk

That's an awesome story. I remember listening to My Girls first and not thinking much of it, then I downloaded Feels before my yearly summer vacation and it clicked instantly, it was amazing. I have so much nostalgia because of that summer now. While on vacation I bought Strawberry Jam on CD and fell in love with that next but I kept thinking of My Girls and pretty soon I couldn't stop listening to it. I promptly listened to MPP and Person Pitch and my summer was complete, tied up in a beautiful AnCo bow. Feels is still my favourite though

Make it 6 track run
Sweet road and Visiting Friends, the latter is so underrated
Leaf house is alright too though

Wow, thanks, haha. I've always thought I was a shitty writer. I'll try not to be so hard on myself then and stop being afraid to write.

a guy i saw for a little bit while on a study abroad trip made me appreciate Feels. the infatuation, the fallout, the sadness, the moving on to something new ah, so good. what an incredible album

Feels was the first time I ever bought an album on release. It was so exciting to be walking home from the store with the CD in my hand, thinking about what it will sound like when I start playing it. That's the only thing I lament about music today. We have everything at our fingertips, so that sense of cherishing an album you bought, because you couldn't afford many, is lost. And you have leaks, and pre-release streams, etc. Don't get me wrong, it's overall better with the Internet, but there was a certain charm to being hyped up about an album, and taking it home for the first time. Every new album was important. Now I listen to 5 new albums a day without leaving my desk.

So, coming home and playing Feels, hearing Grass for the first time. Man, that's a song that should be remembered for all of history. I'll always remember it, as a young boy sitting in his room yelping along to the chorus.

MEOW

kitties

I ndnnneeedd moouth WAAAATERRRRRRRRRR

i listened to my girls when i was 13, and even now as an embittered 21 year old, i get the same life-affirming feelings of wanting to be the best version of myself possible for the sake of my future family.

youtube.com/watch?v=zol2MJf6XNE

Attached: 1550207577414.jpg (480x360, 29K)

I wanted to add that in this post here i was not calling you a tourist. I just saw that you like a lot of the same albums I do and wanted to share some other albums I've listened to recently that I have enjoyed.