Dave Mustaine is more talented than every string playing member of Slayer

Dave Mustaine is more talented than every string playing member of Slayer

Attached: dave_picture_12409.jpg (1035x937, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPUpPUhSSiQ&t=3m27s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9JfytBsBELY&t=2m37s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=l51rosmo5rc&t=3m20s
youtube.com/watch?v=4kSvN1dQjxc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No. Kerry king can destroy Dave mustaine as far as solos go.

Oh boy here we go

Hanneman maybe. Even KK says his own solos suck.

this guy is obviously such a maladjusted freak. he cried like a bitch in the metallica doc where they invited him to talk about their history together. on top of that he brags constantly about fucking kirk hammett's girlfriend like 25 years ago. thats all he can do because he's bitter he was thrown out of metallica and had to settle for the fag brigade off brand megadeth

based dave

HELLO ME

Metallica > Slayer > Megadeth > Anthrax

yet, he's not the most the most talented member of his own band. well, he is now

Attached: Marty-Friedman.jpg (1620x1080, 151K)

0/10 try harder next time

>Kerry king can destroy Dave mustaine as far as solos go
I threw up a little

Dude can't sing and isn't even the best Megadeth guitarist.

Dave Mustaine wrote metallica's only good album.

yo sick bro I agree bro why write a solo bro you got a whammy bar dontcha

>Dude can't sing
Most thrash singers can't. The fact that Dave can melodically talk while playing those riffs is impressive, even if he's getting worse. Imagine how Megadeth's discography would be if he went through singers like he did band members
>and isn't even the best Megadeth guitarist.
No shit, that's why he's not the lead

Have you ever been in the same as a guitar ?

Most geniuses are. Labeling megadeth as an off brand metallica in the most plebish thing a "metal enthusiast" can say.

So is Dream Theater, so what?

As much as a I love marty, is solo career is meh.

RtL or Kill em All? Both albums are about 10% Mustaine penned riffs, and the rest by Hetfield/Cliff. You should stop getting everything you know about music from youtube comments.

None ever claimed the opposite fuckface

he didn't call megadeth an "off brand" of Metallica, he said Dave was thrown out, which is a fact.
Megadeth fanboys are even more fragile than Dave, goddamn

>had to settle for the fag brigade off brand megadeth

>can't sing
he uses his voice in a way that fits the music, ergo he can sing. it's funny how so many metalheads who pride themselves on being left-field and "open-minded" can't handle a melodic & pretty conventional vocalist with a bit of a quasi-punk snarl. you guys would shit your pants if you heard David Yow.
>isn't even the best Megadeth guitarist.
He's a very good guitarist who intentionally hires virtuosos who are on an even higher level than him. not being the best in the world doesn't cancel out being talented.

nothing tops his shit with becker. those two together were on another level

Attached: cacophony.jpg (1920x1080, 141K)

Are we still comparing Metallica to Megadeth ? Cause last time I checked some kind of monster the levels of fragility were through the roof. God damn telenovela

that fucking bait tho

who wouldn't lol. the biggest metal band of all time, and you got kicked out of it. its like founding apple and being kicked out before it went huge

>fag brigade

Really dude ?

Attached: Lars-Kisses-Kirk-Load-Era.jpg (594x447, 41K)

I like both bands' 80s stuff, but never being able to surpass Metallica is the defining trait of Megadeth.

Dave gets kicked out of tallica, names his new band specifically so it will appear before Metallica in record stores.

Metallica puts out a landmark 1986 album with an orange/red 'political message' cover art, then Megadeth puts out an 1986 album with an orange/red 'political message' cover art.

Metallica loses the plot and goes radio rock in the 90s, and that could have been Dave's chance to prove himself and stick to his own vision while the old boat he was in sinks. But no, he shits out his own slick dumbed down rock album with Countdown to Extinction, thus confirming that the similarities in the two bands' career arcs isn't a coincidence. he had some obligatory "best since Rust in Peace...!" pseudo-comebacks since then but never really recovered as a relevant voice in metal.

With all Megadeth's virtuoso guitarists, overqualified jazzy drummers, etc, the lesson at the end of the day is that talent can't replace vision and innovation.

Amen

Hit or miss, his solo debut sounds like Cacophony but every album after Loudspeaker is the same kind of shred-tinged hard rock that his Japanese audience eats up. Amazing live performer though, I'm not even a waifufag but his bass player is fucking amazing

Attached: MTF-013.jpg (721x1080, 433K)

Riffing wise,I would say Dave is better than Hanneman or King. King is by far better at leads and solos than Dave can ever be. Both are great in there own projects though.

>but never being able to surpass Metallica is the defining trait of Megadeth
They weren't as commercially or critically successful as Metallica but they beat them at their own game all throughout the 80's. Peace Sells is better than either RtL or MoP; RiP is better than AJFA; Countdown is better than the Black Album.

Innovation ? Maybe for their first record but then... Metallica is metal for people who don't like metal. It's predictable, straight-forward and easy on the ears and the brain.
There's a reason beginner guitarists and drummers always go for metallica as soon as they can play a powerchord.

Sure but not as good a songwriter

And Super Colider is better than everythin after the black album.

>King is by far better at leads and solos than Dave can ever be
Give me two Kerry solos as reference because everything I've heard is fucking awful.

>Peace Sells is better than either RtL or MoP;
>Countdown is better than the Black Album.
Lol, no.
>RiP is better than AJFA;
This is true.

Megafag here, I sign off on this post. I could make arguments for CtE being better than the black album though

>King is by far better at leads and solos than Dave can ever be
You're joking, right? I love Slayer but even I'll admit that Kerry's solos are beyond sloppy.

Metallica=Megadeth>Anthrax>>>>>>>>Slayer

The meme is up, Slayer is awful

>Slayer is awful
Actually that's the real meme.

Talent isn't the same thing as taste
Dave may be more talented (probably not) but he used his skills to create mediocre buttmetal
Slayer on the other hand contributed to death metal and the first wave of black metal and made some of the greatest thrash metal ever
Also Dave sounds like a cat being flayed to death

too bad he's a nazi

Anybody that thinks metallica>megadeth is probably underage or poptimist

The solos that he preformed for "Cult" and "Supremacist".

They're both awful. You seriously think that's better than these? Dave's not the nest but he laps Kerry and Jeff

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPUpPUhSSiQ&t=3m27s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9JfytBsBELY&t=2m37s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=l51rosmo5rc&t=3m20s

All of those solos where good and well thought out but I think this just boils down to personal taste in the end. Critically Dave's solos are better than Kerry"s but I personally enjoy Kerry's solos more.

What's the ultimate Megadeth song and why is it this?
youtube.com/watch?v=4kSvN1dQjxc

sorry but all you faggets are wrong blake shelton is the best member of master of puppets

Attached: gay.jpg (435x580, 51K)

Anthrax is best you plebs

yeah? you're right. what do you want? a cookie?