Why can't mainstream pop be this good?

Why can't mainstream pop be this good?

Attached: a2337835939_10.jpg (1200x1200, 272K)

This is only a little bit better than mainstream pop music

Lol this is shit

She sounds like Glados from portal haha

in a deed

Not formulaic or upbeat enough although this was pretty popular. Everyone else saying how this sucks just doesn't like pop music, this is a solid pop album

no this album is ass and i don't see how you can deny that it's not that formulaic

say* not deny

in order for me to show how it's not formulaic i would have to basically analyze the entire album which i don't want to do. In form itself it doesnt follow the standard verse1-chorus-verse2-chorus-bridge-chorus. In terms of theory i dont think it follows the standard I-V-vi-IV (i can't say for sure because i haven't listened to the album in awhile). I remember being impressed with a lot of themes used as well. Old friend and Nobody both have interesting meters during the main themes.

so what you're saying is you can't directly answer what it does thats new?

what? did you even read what I wrote? Not every album has to be experimental to be good. When I said nonformulaic i meant that with regard to mainstream pop music now.

if the album doesn't follow formulas in pop you should be able to tell me what it does that's new.

proof that the tryhard obsession over "muh innovation" and similar novel concepts that the literal children on Yea Forums parrot and exhibit really turns your brain into oatmeal

lol so you still can't answer my question, you can only strawman. classic

I literally told you how it deviates from formulas in mainstream pop in this post are you genuinely retarded?

no, having slightly different song structures isn't enough to justify saying it isn't formulaic. there's more than just one formula in pop music

There is more than just one formula in pop music, but MAINSTREAM pop music is GENERALLY structured how i described it. Having a slightly different song structure is deviating from that enough to justify it being nonformulaic. Just because it isn't so experimental it challenges the very notion of structure itself doesn't mean it's formulaic.

>Having a slightly different song structure is deviating from that enough to justify it being nonformulaic
no it's not
>Just because it isn't so experimental it challenges the very notion of structure itself doesn't mean it's formulaic.
you're the one stuck on the experimental thing, not me

I gave you actual concrete answers as to how it's not formulaic. If you're just going to refute what I say without any actual reasoning to how i am wrong this is a pointless discussion. The only reason i keep bringing up experimental music is because you are just being contrarian and I have no idea what you actually consider to be nonformulaic

no you gave me a few half assed reason as to why her music is slightly different than a single section of pop music

I’d rather listen to mainstream pop than this dishonest self important boring fodder

and you're doing even less by just saying no without providing any reasons.

>self important
it's amazing what you pretentious fucks read are able to read into things

Try writing that sentence again shill

>shill
ah yes everything that isn't a) swans b) deathgrips or c) remain in light is 'shilling'

What is this 2015?

it's the sorry state of neo-Yea Forums

Do you see a single death Grips/swans/remain in light thread up right now?

Attached: 0OjVOO5.jpg (589x589, 59K)

Attached: eq49GHs.jpg (1500x1000, 350K)

post moar titski

Attached: LUYrAhk.jpg (679x1324, 389K)

Produciton on this album is garbage

Attached: Wipiivu.jpg (666x444, 183K)

Attached: 3AHHYjV.jpg (1024x713, 76K)