When did it go bad

Anarchism or Activism? How did you begin listening to it? Neo-nazi punks just don't get it? Punk rock communities? Is there a new wave of punk rock associated with political tensions in the US, England or even France ( Gillet Jeune)? WOULD LOVE SOME OF YOU OPINIONS

Attached: punk-kiss.jpg (496x370, 76K)

Metal satisfied the same demographic of rebellious white teens while being more open to evolution and adaption

Attached: ironmaidenbr.jpg (1360x1836, 379K)

I always associated punk rock with the feeling of rebelliousness so anyone taking that label and trying to associate it with a political movement is just projecting their own views on what it means

but it was a very heavily politically fuelled don't you think? They were rebelling against Thatcherism and unfair politics, police violence, unfair wages, prejudices, all that jazz. a voice for the voiceless, through music that called all that shit out ...

Have ever even actually listened to punk?

ANYONE?

I like the fall

Punk is a meme.

Punk is dead. The people have embraced the system. Got a smartphone? You're playing right into the clampdown. If you wanna see a punk revival, go out and break shit.

What do you mean being more open to evolution? do you mean of the music or just in general its more inclusive of types of people ? Im so sorry I'm just really trying to understand a bit more.I find it such a cool bit of time.

imagine sleeping with that fucking hair

you sleep with your hair styled?

You ever seen that shit up close? It's crusty and disgusting, even if the people themselves are clean. Massive turnoff for me (not a dealbreaker though)

Attached: 2e2a858525cfaec4131ceb28f65bb233--gothic-punk-fashion-ska-punk.jpg (500x668, 84K)

Not the point. she looks fecking badass!

*looks like

>2020 punk clothing style

Attached: D03C2B95-7990-478B-94F0-83732C736ED7.jpg (1242x1513, 1.36M)

Metal, for as much shit as it gets on the internet communities for being elitist and guarded, has actually been one of the more diverse genres....it's merged with everything from punk itself, to hip hop, to folk, name a style or flavor and there exists a metal variant of it, you can pretty much do whatever you want with the genre.

Also, unlike punk, metal was never based on any social idea of being underground. Yes underground metal exists that celebrates that, but punk itself was founded on anti establishment ideas, which limits it as well, because once you go big you're not punk anymore, metal has no such inherent restriction and metal fans for the most part want their bands to succeed and get bigger. I've never heard anyone claim that Black Sabbath or Iron Maiden was "too popular"

Metal is a subgenre.

of?

Rock and Roll.

Thanks for the great response! so you think punk has transformed/merged with metal? Also do u have any thoughts on how genre( or just the name) punk was able to go from classics like the Pistols and the clash, to being associated with rubbish millennial boy bands? "alternative punk"

was it just an attempt to regenerate the genre?

more like rap did

Nah. Rap only became a white thing in the 90s.

>metal is elitist and guarded
And that’s why it’s succeeded where punk rock failed

Metal is punk for people who unironically like Plato.

Hahaha

>Nah. Rap only became a white thing in the 90s.
Really more the 00s. Rap slowly got accepted and had exceptions to the rule, but really the thing that made it boom in the suburbs was Eminem. In the 90s even it was still frightening to the majority of white people, where now you'd be hard pressed to find a white person who doesn't call themselves a "hip hop head".

That wasn't the point though, and punk was more so that way....it basically cannibalized itself while new metal sub genres are still popping up every few years.

I wouldn't say "metal is punk for" anyone, in the 70s metal and punk were like two sides of the same coin, punk had the upper hand for a while but unlike punk, metal was never really based on being a "scene", it was just based on music....anything in music that's more about being a subculture or scene first and music second is going to forever remain some kind of niche and eventually become out of fashion.