Which one is more influential?

Which one is more influential?

Attached: Young_Thug_Gucci_Mane.jpg (672x720, 305K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6ycXuQjwag4
youtube.com/watch?v=Pa67b28h0vY
youtube.com/watch?v=uXBQqLhWPys
youtube.com/watch?v=Z34lh_jDxU0
youtube.com/watch?v=Llkt3jnOX9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=974TXFKtyls
youtu.be/ANMcqkLEKmk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Right now? Easily Thug. Gunna, Lil Baby, YNW Melly and Yung bans are all blowing up right now and you can clearly hear a huge thug influence in all of them

>Gunna, Lil Baby, YNW Melly and Yung bans are all blowing up

>tfw Sahbabii is better than all of them but he will never get the fame he deserves

Attached: 645674634.jpg (437x501, 42K)

Oh shit, you're right. I completely forgot about Sahbabii. I don't think he's better than Gunna but he's definitely more unique than them all

Neither both are trash

You could argue that Thugger is trash(even if he isn't) but Guwop has so many classics its impossible to call him bad, also the hardest diss song of all time

youtube.com/watch?v=6ycXuQjwag4

gucci is anyone who says different is fucked in the brain

Yeah true, but the thing with Young Thug is people for some reason people think that cause he speaks quitely he is "intimidating", no he is just a faggot

>taking this fucking piece of shit of a genre seriously

>Being so much of a faggot that you don't realize that rap is the natural progress of poetry and is more complex in most aspects and decide to cherrypick the worst artists in order to say that a entire genre is bad

>He's still in his "Rap isn't real music phase"

Aren't you too young to be here?

Thug influenced those artists, byt Gucci influenced basically all of trap music

big time talentless hacks

Young thug is literally the greatest, most Influential, and most prolific artist of the ‘10s you brainlet

Overall, yeah. But I think right at this moment young thug is influencing more people with his style than gucci is

his music sucks fucking ass

t. Low iq monkey man

>greatest
>most Influental
>most prolific
Congrats you just outed yourself as being underage get of the board faggot

>still thinks rap has the same artistic merit as other genres
You're the one who's underage here buddy. Honestly I used to be like you a few years ago. You'll understand when you hit your early to mid-20s

Rap is literally one of the most unique and experimental genres out right now. Try to catch up, buddy

>most unique and experimental
>takes shit from other genres and samples what they did 2-3 decades ago
>dude comes in, shouts his name a bunch of times and talks about "being woke" and "our society" or if he's a generic overhyped retard, it will be about "fucking bitches" and "fast cars"
There's only so much you can do with a template like that.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pa67b28h0vY

youtube.com/watch?v=uXBQqLhWPys

youtube.com/watch?v=Z34lh_jDxU0

youtube.com/watch?v=Llkt3jnOX9Y

youtube.com/watch?v=974TXFKtyls

Tell me these aren't unique

Everyone can boil any genre down to that

>Metal
Old men playing riffs while some guy sings about the devil
or
Young guys chugging the same note while some guy with swoopy hair screams about a bad relationship

The only song that was even slightly unique was the Jpegmafia song. Everything else sounded so uninspired and generic. You can take any electronic/ambient album from the last 15 years, add 808s to every single song, say a bunch of shit and it will sound just like these songs.

I guess on an superficial level it all sounds unique and different, but it’s actually shallow plays on aesthetics.

>dude comes in, shouts his name a bunch of times and talks about "being woke" and "our society" or if he's a generic overhyped retard, it will be about "fucking bitches" and "fast cars"

>imagine thinking this is what rap is actually like

>imagine
I don't have to imagine. I've listened to almost every major hip hop release from the past few years all the way back to Rappers Delight. Rap has certainly devolved and nowadays it's just bland bullshit.

It’s rap is on its death bed, rock and jazz all became dumb downed before they fucking croaked

Thuggery has more clones but Gucci’s influence has more reach

>rap is on its death bed

It's literally the most popular genre in the world, retard

>You can take any electronic/ambient album from the last 15 years, add 808s to every single song, say a bunch of shit and it will sound just like these songs
Ok the user you replied to made some bad song picks but that attitude is extremely reductive especially when you consider how repetitive rock acts have been and how popular revival acts are. The melodic aspect of hip hop is new especially when you can’t tell me another genre that adds melody to such a lyrically heavy and rhythmic one. At least it pushes envelops. Also if you want actual production forward songs there are trip hop albums and that you can check out as well as flying lotus or alchemist or madlib

I’m talking about the implications on its future and not the present. Are you dumb?

So it's not on its death bed then, is it? Moron

Then we’re arguing about semantics but just to prove a point, rock was on its death bed in the 2000s considering nothing continued on afterwards but was still the most popular genre listened too.

feelsbad because it's true

Rap has staying power because it has basically incorporated most genres into one

>Sahbabii
He is trash and the only reason he is even popular is because of his fake woke satanic bullshit.

Rap is 90% aesthetic. It’s not about the lyrics. It’s like WWE wrestling

I like Flying Lotus, The Avalanches, Massive Attack and such. The point is, rap lyrics make the music really cringey in my opinion which is why I gradually moved away from listening to hip hop.

It’s true though. Thug is the GOAT

Will be forgotten next week.

Country billy made a couple milly
youtu.be/ANMcqkLEKmk

probably thugger

this

Attached: 1528587946673.jpg (460x578, 142K)

What Gucci albums should I check out?

>essential albums
The State vs Rodrick Davis
The Return of Mr. Zone 6
>essential mixtapes
Trap Back
Trap God
Jewelry Selection
Writings On The Wall 2
Droptopwop

Gucci Mane has an IQ way above the level of genius.

For entertainment, he watches the films of Fassbinder, Herzog, Truffaut, Godard, Bertolucci, Mallick amongst other even more obscure artists. Long known as an avid reader of philosophy he has mentioned Baudrillard, Debord, Hegel and Sartre among his inspirations.

He understands the hypocrisy of contemporary morality and street culture and has exploited it to become a millionaire.

Attached: alg-gucci-tattoo-jpg.jpg (970x886, 70K)

Isn't early 20s a little late to enter your euphoric musiqueconnaisseur phase, user?

gucci is consistent as fuck but his early works are god tier. chicken talk is my favorite but dont go in expecting 2010s type trap. if you're familiar with zaytoven and like his style you'll love guccis early stuff. the shit still goes hard but it's kind of a different hard. its more about the way he rides the beat than the beat itself like modern trap. other favorites are zone 6 to duval jewelry selection and so icy boy.

so i take it you've never listened to young thug

maybe, but if you're still in your rap phase, i'm not that late

up until thug blew up in 2014 it was gucci and since 2014 it's been thug. post-prison (2016-present) gucci is a joke