Plays with a synth for three minutes

>plays with a synth for three minutes
>overlaps clock and cash register sounds
>laughs like an idiot
What's so transcendent about this album? Why do so many people praise it like it's the epitome of music as an art?

Attached: pink-floyd-dark-side-of-the-moon.jpg (1199x1200, 116K)

>what is mass culture
King Crimson shit all over Pink Floyd anyway

I know you made this to be a bait thread but yeah this album is actually mediocre pretentious shit for pop faggots to call “prog”.

Because other people have different opinions and taste than you.

at the time it was revolutionary and boomer from that time praised it and passed it down to their kids and they overhyped it and then pretentious fags praised it some more

i'm surprised pic related doesn't get the same praise
I know pic related is praised but not on the same level as dark side of the moon
DSOTM get a lot of mainstream praise because it WAS revolutionary
but i think pic related is much better and more revolutionary
i agree

Attached: crimson_king_-_in_the_court_of_the_crimson_king.jpg (1500x1489, 398K)

Lol you can describe any album in this inane of a way and it will sound trivial, you can do it with your favorite album no matter what it is.

I remember listening to this for the first time, excpecting to hear the greateat album of all time. I literally could not wait for it to end. So boring

>>plays with a synth for three minutes
Is that supposed to be a bad thing? Fuckin rockists I swear

based

Animals > Meddle > the rest

not Barrett my dude

Attached: 91t8XcnSbEL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 35K)

It's not that the synth is bad, it's that it doesn't go anywhere.

>Be me
>at holiday resort with family
>swim in the pool for a long amount of time
>get bored and go to our hotel room
>listen to DSOTM
>expecting a masterpiece
>listen to it
>enjoy the first three tracks
>get disappointed after the first three tracks
>finish listening to it
>realize I waisted 40 minutes of my life
fuck this album

it's not bad, it just isn't a masterpiece.
I don't like it, I understand who loves it, but it isn't the best album ever.

listen to meddle, dsofm and wywh are shit

Rather than just endorsing the stereotypes of easy-listening, Pink Floyd invented a whole new kind of easy-listening with Dark Side Of The Moon (1973) and Wish You Were Here (1975). The former was a collection of high-tech songs propelled by funky rhythms and shaped by electronic effects. The latter was basically the high-brow version of the former, a concept on primal states of the mind such as fear and madness that set the devastated psyche of the narrator (Roger Waters) in the context of a tragic and oppressing Weltanschaung. The futuristic anthem Welcome To The Machine was actually a symphonic requiem for layers of electronic keyboards and romantic guitar. A tactical move soon became a strategic move. In the end, Pink Floyd reshaped psychedelic music into a universal language, a language that fit the punk as well as the manager, just like, at about the same time, jazz-rock was "selling" the anguish of the Afro-American people to the white conformists.

Attached: piero6.jpg (700x525, 71K)

Contrarian general.

DSOTM is a meme album. Its very famous in pop culture. Wish You were Here is a better concept album. Animals is a better prog album. Meddle and Piper at the gates of dawn are more psychadelic. The Wall is even more popular.

Imo the best pink Floyd stuff was written by Barrett. I like psychadelic music more than prog, so if you like prog more, you might not agree. Check out earlier songs, such as See Emily Play, Astronomy Domine, and Interstellar Overdrive.

gib pusy

Every song has something memorable in the lyrics, instrumentation, and melody. Pretty hard to do honestly.

I’ve never seen so many contrarians in one thread. The Dark Side of the Moon is a fantastic album because it manages to incorporate a lot of genres into a nice cohesive unit that still sounds great. You know why it’s more famous than ITCOTCK? Because it sounds way better. For many people, including myself and a number of friends I’ve shown the album to over the years, the Dark side of moon is the album that makes them go “oh so that’s what popular music can be.” For many people hearing the long drawn out electronic sound on On the Run makes them realize how early electronic music got started. Then hearing the saxophone throughout Money and Us and Them makes a lot of people go “holy fuck saxophones sound really great” and they subsequently have more appreciate for it. Not to mention the brilliant transitions between songs help a lot of people understand that an album can be more than just a bunch of random songs.
In short, the dark side of the moon is so popular because it is both experimental and accessible to a wide audience. Why is it more popular than Animals or Wish you were here? Because it’s easier to understand what they’re doing with the music and at least with Animals it’s a lot more harmonious. As for the Wall.. well the wall suffers from a steep learning curve in understanding why each song is there, as many people don’t understand that the low points on the album are essential for the story.