Is he the chris chan of music?

Attached: 316680E6-81F3-429B-93DE-6495B9351CB6.jpg (220x205, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2Z9xPJLwWJE
youtube.com/watch?v=KBNz3mL9-Kg
youtube.com/watch?v=_1HXn29trE4
youtube.com/watch?v=UeDfGsf9Z9U
youtube.com/watch?v=MG1RvEC4HyA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don’t compare this legend to that degenerate

Chris Chan is the Chris Chan of music.

this. OP is beyond retarded

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (364x358, 42K)

chrischan made his own music too you know

Why do people claim "Hi How Are You" is good? I don't get it. It just sounds like eerie rambling

AND I SEE DA LADIES
WALKING
ALONG ONE BY ONE
AND I NEVER WANNA HEAR
I HAVE A BOY FRIEND

He is the transcendent NEET. He lives with his parents and they go with him when he tours, but he's still more successful than the vast majority of artists. Fuck I think I cried when I saw him.

He's an outsider artist whose naïveté and creative talent have payed off into wonderful music, despite his lack of musical skills he still manages to make beautiful, incredibly honest and unique music (he's awful with instruments, sings out of tune, and it seems he can't count syllables, and still gets right into your heart). In the other hand, Chris Chan is a straight up autist who's obsessed with Sonic. He is also a very creative and obsessive person, but lacks the talent to make something that appeals in a non-ironic fashion.

Daniel Johnston is the Daniel Johnston of outsider art, while Chris Chan is the Tommy Wiseau who created the strangest universe in outsider art.

it's just so raw dude, it's so naive and fucked and tragic and beautiful. It taps into that little autistic place inside us all, that extreme vulnerability we've learned to cover up over the years after getting fucked over one too many times. The idea of this guy in his mom's basement banging away on a crappy organ pouring his heart out into his little tape recorder is so intense

Record Store Day is doing a box set of that tape with a shirt in it so expect to see a lot of people at the high school you go to wearing one

Attached: A1giWWMJxUL._CLa%7C2140,2000%7C71PGpod0O8L.png%7C0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0.jpg (2140x2000, 121K)

Hi How Are You isn't really good besides Walking The Cow. Yip Jump Music is better

this

Big Business Monkey nigga

Anyone who can make a piece of art this moving is miles above Chris Chan

youtu.be/2Z9xPJLwWJE

perhaps rather the Terry Davis of music, but that's also a shallow comparison
the lyrics are beautiful and the music fits the lyrics, so by extension it is nice as well
that being said, songs of pain is better

Don't compare Chris Chan to Tommy Wiseau, Tommy at least has some degree of inate artistic sense

Plus he managed to become a milionaire with property buying and selling

>he's awful with instruments
No. He was rough and ready, but quite good on piano and he had a preternatural talent for songwriting. Listening to his early songs you can hear the full arrangement he was hearing in his head. It's really a shame he never got to make a professionally produced record when he had all his faculties.
Some examples of his best songwriting (genuinely good stuff from anyone, not just because he's mentally ill):
youtube.com/watch?v=KBNz3mL9-Kg
youtube.com/watch?v=_1HXn29trE4
youtube.com/watch?v=UeDfGsf9Z9U
youtube.com/watch?v=MG1RvEC4HyA
Good, classic songwriting. Not naive art.

Attached: edd86336cf15d333084db94a001e0919.jpg (500x750, 45K)

dude the beatles but with whiny lyrics and potato quality lmao

/thread

Bump

Lmao gay. Sounds fucking horrible but because its oh soooo tragic mann its considered good.

Let me put it this way:

When Daniel Johnston dies it will be in the midst of all his friends and family and people that care about him, the musical community will be pretty bummed, maybe there will be a concert of homage towards him, he may be making headlines in big media in late news, there will be a sticky thread on Yea Forums with people pressing F to pay honest and sincere respects

When Chris Chan dies some weeks after Barb dies, and after being shot by the police for kidnapping some children while dressing as a ballerina, there will be endless spam on the whole of Yea Forums by trolls having a final laugh, and the only way it will make the news is if his crimes are so shocking they will end the right to bear arms in the US