stringtensionpro.com/
>Music theory:
musictheory.net/lessons
>Guitar Maintenance and other information:
frudua.com/guitar_craftpedia_en.html
youtube.com/channel/UCXU3GYv5qEzuPePqXOJBgXw
>Why is my guitar buzzing?
frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
>Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
mega.nz/#F!v2oQgKhB!5nEaeUD8xxQYO8ipUoViqw

Previous thread:

Attached: 1532501684686.jpg (1782x900, 235K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0umE8XaV0II
crushed-velvet.bandcamp.com/track/moors
youtu.be/L1ojpl_EVlg?t=370.
gibson.com/Guitar/CUSHTT69/Flying-V-Custom#SKU-CSFVCEBGH1E
youtube.com/watch?v=H5yDOh6F1Mk
youtu.be/0HJQJzUwRMk
ebay.com/itm/Bang-Dream-Snapper-Tae-Tae-Hanazono-Signature-Model-Bandori/273729007942?epid=18010161526&hash=item3fbb853146:g:PfcAAOSw9nJcdAsv
youtube.com/watch?v=k3o2FHxz9O8
youtu.be/OyYnstGB3rM?t=144
youtube.com/watch?v=t7EEcG0JW4U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 02a7ded8-cd57-4db6-a816-cc7562da81f7.jpg (720x1280, 112K)

First for please convince me not to buy the weeb epiphone les paul.

Dot it.

Attached: Cx8_bY9VIAAF60Q.jpg (1200x900, 255K)

Fishman Fluence Modern vs Suhr SSH+?

I heard some people found the fishman quite underwhelming, and you can't never go wrong with passives.

Attached: RpIYQuK.jpg (2048x2048, 639K)

Attached: 20190213_155125.jpg (680x1209, 490K)

I'm interested in having multiple voice options and it apparently being good about noise. But Suhr SSH+ seem to sound really, really good too. I'm quite torn.

I shouldn't. But it'll make me play more if I love my guitar, right?

Gibson SG Baritone 2013 Limited Edition: just got the shipping confirmation and we gave each other five star feedback Edition.

Attached: Gibson SG Baritone 2013 Limited Edition.png (593x801, 710K)

Depends. If you will regret buying it then you wont enjoy it, and wont play it. Why not buy used?

Attached: 26272601_153293675325891_7349351013880430592_n.jpg (1080x1080, 1.19M)

I play on a 100$ rip off strat and a 400$ fender acoustic. It would be cool to know what playing a 600$ electric feels like.

You’re all great and I hope you achieve your goals
vocaroo.com/i/s0umE8XaV0II

Attached: DB6A3CBC-4135-465C-88ED-44523DA572A3.jpg (784x1001, 187K)

Not that different man. If your guitars are properly set up and their necks are all fine, you wont notice the difference besides the obvious fact its a different guitar.
This is my chinkplank, the top is at least a veneer because it has a lot of figuring, and theres a thick maple top on it as well. It goes for 300U$ usually. And when i tested against a epiphone on the store, it sounded better and played a lot better.

Attached: IMG_20171215_195049971.jpg (4160x2340, 2.3M)

An anime thread... I welcome it. It's a little late but I feel motivated to practice now.
Thanks OP

I intonated the strat rip off for the first time in 15 years. It now plays much better generally, but its still really light and hollow sounding, even when put through distortion and a minibrute. I know most of those issues can be fixed with proper levels, pedals, and better playing. I'm just trying to justify the purchase I shouldn't make.

Its light because its single coil. Single coil wont sound like humbucker unless you're a magician. Try looking localy for the weebguitar you want and go see it, if you like it you'll save a bunch of money you dont want to spend.

Attached: ClaFiLDUgAAY3ZS.jpg (1536x2048, 579K)

>weeb epiphone les pau

Weeb Les Paul?

Ganbatte my nigger.

why do you always make a new thread before 310 posts? It's not like any other anons are jumping at the bit to make a new thread

Attached: EX_Changer_PROD-1.png (700x800, 687K)

if you're looking at it because of Yui then save up for the real deal, it wont be the same if it's an epiphone

WE WOULD BE SO HAPPY YOU AND ME
NO ONE THERE TO TELL US WHAT TO DO

Attached: 1548805674142.jpg (1280x720, 271K)

I'D LIKE TO BE
UNDER THE SEA

Attached: Sebastian-Production-Cel-the-little-mermaid-18763051-687-480.jpg (687x480, 227K)

LITTLE DARLING
IT'S BEEN A LONG COLD LONELY WINTER

coil splitting is a meme

Attached: funmusic.jpg (1200x797, 193K)

No it's not it sounds good

can i just say reverbs feedback system is dumb as hell

i ordered a guitar that a guy said was "mint condition" and it came all kinds of fucked up, needed a refret and some wiring work done

i tried to leave a 1 star review and reverbs like "have you tried messaging them about it?"

like no, ive already paid to have the thing fixed i dont want to talk to a stoned music store employee about it just let me leave a negative review

Doesn't Reverb have buyer protection that allows you to return it if it isn't as described?

More like SEX changer hahahahahaha because it's for faggots hahaha.

Should have returned it.

Attached: a7c92986d4387aba97f873b45ba3be334cbf6cecde29a188ebb414dc5b8096d3.jpg (408x306, 30K)

I think there's something wrong with my fuzz pedal. I can't get the level of fuzz out of it that I see in demos.

fuzz goes after the overdrive pedal.

it was still exactly what i wanted, and i got an ok deal on it
the money it cost to get it cleaned/setup was less than the pain in the ass that is mailing a guitar

the issue is the guy described it wrong, and used pictures that werent his, and on top of that, they have a star based rating system that they dont even allow you to use

What does that have to do with my problem?

have you tried turning the knobs

No. That never fucking occurred to me

Have you tried using it to mask shitty playing like most fuzz users? That's where most of the fuzz comes from. Tone is in the fingers and all.

Why did you bought something without ever testing it out man?

Attached: 335diamond_1-e1411806116314.jpg (2448x3264, 1.29M)

how about the ones on your amp

Ordered it used

There's knobs on an amp?

And couldn't test it on a store first? A new one i mean.

Attached: 05-313555700-8721_1.jpg (1200x1200, 245K)

How would testing a new one prevent something being wrong with this one?

>I can't get the level of fuzz out of it that I see in demos.
Who knows what type of fuckery they use on demos. Testing out in the stores would let you be sure that your unit has a problem.
Just return it if you can.

Attached: 7068993191_fc8d03b607_b.jpg (1024x683, 147K)

I watch more than just professional demos. Can't return it.

Well, you can either A : Live with it
B : Open it up to see if theres any loose wire or something funky.

Attached: 6922915062_8df2f70d0f_b.jpg (1024x615, 158K)

The show was only the initial exposure to sun burst les Paul as an aesthetic. I don’t even watch anime anymore but god damn do I want something that’s not a 100 strat rip off and even the epiphone makes me hard. I don’t have 3k for the real deal, but I could find the money for the epi

I started playing guitar recently and decided to order a Performer Telecaster HS. On a scale of idiot to retard how much of a fag am I

Attached: 613FCFD0-41FD-4E85-AF02-8150916B5162.png (1080x780, 88K)

How do you like it? I wanted the yellow jazzmaster but the strat trem put me off.

>decided to order

Fuck I need to read posts properly before I reply.

sometimes i want to play guitar, but i don't want to hear the guitar at all while i do it. i just like the feeling of playing scales insanely fast. so i watch videos of people playing Blood while i just mechanically operate the string interface as fast as possible until i cramp.

thats really cool

Attached: 20190224_235906.jpg (646x1440, 730K)

Finally got myself one of these. Now I just need to learn how to change strings on tremolos...

Attached: Axis.jpg (2394x1351, 833K)

Lol jazzmaster tone out of a LP
crushed-velvet.bandcamp.com/track/moors

Attached: Snapchat-1943490966.jpg (1920x1080, 554K)

that's why I don't buy guitars online

Once you get it set up for the strings you use, it's easy to change them afterwards.

Should've opened a case still

Should I install a rhythm circuit in my Jazzmaster? Seems like everyone wants one but no one fucking uses it.

Bass!

Attached: __original_drawn_by_swav__b0f40cef7f29a7e509ceca87fb457883.png (617x963, 345K)

good exercise
youtu.be/L1ojpl_EVlg?t=370.

>it's another 'Sammy-buys-dirt-cheap-aftermarket-parts-then-proceeds-to-ruin-one-of-his-shitplanks' thread

Attached: 1550890916176.jpg (500x667, 83K)

how much theory is in all of JustinGuitar stuff?

have any of you used the dry switch on yamahas? is it a meme?

The weeb ESPs are much cooler and aren't gibsons.

Attached: now you too can be that sexy brunette from popping party.jpg (900x1200, 190K)

A used guitar from a reputable (read: not a pawn shop) shop will probably already be set up, except for the truss rod which might need adjusted a day after you take it home depending on the air in your house, and be a much better guitar for your money.

used mexican teles can be had for less than half of what you paid. and you can play them to see if you like them first. cancel that order ASAP and go to a store and try out some guitars that don't cost as much as a 1997 toyota corolla.

with every song I learn I grow increasingly stronger

>is only 700 buckaroos
Seems reasonable, I don't really like that pickguard though.

You could also get best girl's

Attached: ikebe-revole_bandori-m-2-sayo.jpg (600x600, 66K)

A Stringmaster head! That's one you don't see everyday.

Don't forget your daily spider exercises

Honestly, based on aesthetics alone Moca's guitar is the best looking

Attached: bh1std24_dbl.png (1800x640, 819K)

It's good that you didn't choose the default tele neck pickup. They really suck.

Why do all the modern guitar gods out there these days seem to perpetuate towards autistic genres like jazz fusion and funk rock? It's like the whole shredder scene in general is nothing but adrenaline junkies who just get off on who can play the hardest licks and who has the most boutique brand custom guitars.

Attached: Guthrie Govan in Denmark.jpg (1250x833, 193K)

Interest in very technical playing often goes hand in hand with a lack of taste in the same way that music schools shit out soulless musicians like adam neely. They don't have feel for good music, only theory.

I really love my 1987x, but as my only amp, I kinda want another amp that can do cleans. I was looking into the Fender Bassman, but realise I could just aswell go for the JTM45. Would having both be a good pairing as they share a lot of characteristics, or would it just be redundant?

I don't play dadbuttrock btw

Attached: where my plexi boys at.jpg (1280x720, 179K)

Have you heard Intervals Shape of Colour album? Tasteful modern guitar work.

Sithu Aye also writes great songs with technical riffs. And I'm pretty sure he posts here all the time.

Plenty of good guitar music out there

Attached: E281F418-7E59-4201-A6AC-3C640F5D7A3C.png (750x1334, 530K)

The fuck I didn't know you could buy those. Where did you get it?

Neither of those amps are especially clean at typical live volumes, better off looking at something like a Twin (Showman if it needs to be a head), bigger Ampegs like the V4 or Hiwatt-inspired things.

I don't really like crystal clean max headroom at high volumes though, although I like ampeg and hiwatt. I don't have a problem with sacrificing volume for cleaning up the amp as it can make songs more dynamic. The problem is the 1987x doesn't really sound good when cleaned up, just kinda brittle, while the bassman/jtm45 doesn't (as much). The question is just if the jtm45 and 1987x sound different enough to be worth having both. Thanks for the reply though

Check out Mateus Asato

Is it true that any guitar over $2,000 is basically overpriced?

more like over $500

I've been writing a song in light of recent events, the chorus goes like:

A nigga called Sammy
A fool called Sammy
Acted like a tool and barebacked a tranny
A nigga called Sammy
A fag called Sammy
Barebacked a tranny now AID's not funny

Should I go for cowboy chords or a more reggae like feel, maybe ska??

I feel like you should talk about how he wrecked his Tele copy and now his LP copy by trying to replace the bridges:

Attached: k1.jpg (1280x720, 138K)

Maybe start a concept album, something like: The macaco chronicles

It WAS a meme, then people started making good music with it.
Now it’s a thing.

Agree.
That's why I got Lace sensor duallys.

But hey Samuel is the worst poster because he doesn't give advice!

Maybe your pickup has lower output.

It didn't happen because of the quality the part. In fact, Sam's tailpiece is a Gotoh. That shit happened because he had removed the stock bushings then found the replacement ones are thinner and don't fit without some woodwork and then put the stock ones back but apparently they got loose.

They don't

I like Adam Neely, he played the same lick for 8 hours live.

Just lower your gain knob wtf it's not even a metal amp
Get some fender blackface for cleans if you're a fag

I don't think so
But the clean sound when you lower the guitar's volume knob is just beautiful user.

Fuck you

>Why do all the modern guitar gods out there these days seem to perpetuate towards autistic genres like jazz fusion and funk rock?
Because they’re autistic?

>It's like the whole shredder scene in general is nothing but adrenaline junkies who just get off on who can play the hardest licks and who has the most boutique brand custom guitars.
Welcome to shredding. It isn’t called “wanking” for nothing.

>Fuck you
Sammy speaking of Sammy in third person.
The truly remarkable part is, Sam, you filled this place with aids long before you got IRL AIDS

Just had a melody over a I-IV-V come to me, I'll flesh it out when I'm back home. I've also had an idea about reworking a classic, report back later.

Because /gg/ was so good and hi-quality before him.

Fuck off, Sammy.

A nigga called Sammy
A fool called Sammy
A nigga called Sammy
A fag called Sammy

A nigga called Sammy
A fool called Sammy
A nigga called Sammy
A fag called Sammy

I don't know shit about playing guitar but I know how to power chord and they pay me 200$ for it every thursday night.

This is gold

Oh hey neat, this is the first time I've seen a /gg/ on Yea Forums. What do you guys think of Rocksmith?

How did you get the gig

Redundant. The 1987x is basically a JTM45 with a SS rectifier. It doesn’t have gorgeous cleans.
For a great clean tone, look at a vintage-type Fender like a Twin or Super Reverb. If you want to get actual old stuff, you can pick up any number of vintage stuff with great cleans: Fenders like the Twin and Super yes, but also less collectible models like a Bandmaster, Pro Reverb, or Vibrolux; a Music Man HD135; a vintage Sunn like a G100 or Sceptre; or even SS gems like a Lab series L5 or Roland JC-120.

Just call me R~ for short.

A nigga called Sammy
A fool called Sammy
A nigga called Sammy
A fag called Sammy
Barebacked a tranny now AID’s not funny

Coming from someone that tried learning guitar with Rocksmith, it's garbage for actually learning.

It does a very bad job of explaining anything to you, it just throws harder and harder things at you without actually telling you why you are doing the things you do. It can easily become frustrating because the game isn't that good at estimating your skill level. Feels like it either is way too easy, or it hits you with the 100 difficulty and throws a ton of new things at you at once.
Some of the minigames are alright for just basic practice, like string skip saloon for instance. And it can be fun just mindlessly playing the game, but it didn't really teach me anything and actually caused me to stop playing guitar altogether due to how frustrating it was.

>weeb epiphone les paul
Link?

Good evening…
I’ve got to wonder what in the world is wrong with me??!! I just do not understand what you are talking about regarding “degrees of dispersion.” I know I’m not stupid but I just can’t get it. “90×45” or “80×60” ? Off axis? On axis? Maybe I’m just two old… although I was NEVER good at math except for basic stuff. I ran a multi million $$$ business successfully (General Motors Dealerships) but all I had to know how to do is add, subtract, divide, multiply etc. I did not take high math in high school, and I only took business classes in college. Maybe it’s my age; 73. Regardless I love music and enjoy my various should systems so I really wish I could figure this stuff out so I can convert my home theater to to an ATMOS .4. correctly. Maybe I’m dreaming but I’ll keep reading and who knows, maybe a light bulb will eliminate eventually! Maybe I should find a 9 or 10 year old kid to explain it to me…. but in the meantime I guess I’ll just install 4 speakers in the ceiling, upgrade my Onkyo 5.1 receiver to a 9 channel .4 and see what it sounds like. The new Onkyo flagship looks pretty nice according to a recent A/V magazine I subscribe to.

Again… have a great Thanksgiving! (I wrote you earlier on another one of your sites! Jerry Slonsky

Attached: gg.png (625x469, 527K)

lol so easy to tell it's him

Thoughts on FORTIN AMPS

Attached: SJXDLjIl.jpg (640x527, 73K)

Preorders start today, so no one's going to have hands on experience with that model, especially here.

I'd accuse you of shilling, but no one here would shell out $3k for it anyway

What’s the lowest revstar to consider?

LETS TALK ABOUT F CHORDS user. I GOTTA FIND THIS GUY. TURNS OUT, THERE IS NO F CHORD. THE CHORD DOES NOT EXIST. ARE YOU KIDDING, I HAVE BOXES FULL OF F CHORDS. SO I GO DOWN TO JUSTIN GUITAR AND GO JUSSSSTIIIIN, JUSSSTINNNN I NEED TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT F CHORDS JUSTIIINNN. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? IT TURNS OUT THERE IS NO JUSTIN.

Attached: [email protected] (940x620, 73K)

What are you trying to say?

That your FSR was made from spare parts they couldnt even bother matching before assembly.

Attached: stillwaiting.jpg (320x400, 15K)

fsr?

Fender Special Run. Usually put together from whatever parts they had. Ash/tortoise shell was popular for FSRs, thought they had usually looked better.

I know what it means. I want to know why you think it's an FSR.

I had assumed anything that looks that bad would be made in small batches :^)

How does one color match maple and ash without tinting something?

I'm genuinely laughing at this, Idk why

Why wouldnt they tint them? Too cheap? I guess that stuff's reserved for for more money anymore.

Because of you tint it, then it's not natural finish anymore. Are you seriously that thick?

"Natural" looks like garbage, which is why actual 70s starts were tinted, genius. The look they're trying to ape, yet are too cheap to accomplish, was tinted.

No they weren't. They aged with time. You'd be dangerous if you knew half of what you think you do.

>that cope

Attached: howembarrassing.jpg (800x600, 61K)

How much would it cost me if Gibson would build me this?

Brent Hinds payed for a one-off Silverburst, too!

Attached: custom-trans-purple-flame-maple-top-flying.jpg (800x800, 239K)

Probably more than you could buy that one for.

>They aged with time
lol did they use a gloss poly, too? I guess yours wont

I guess around 10k? Not bad, if you imagine these colors are literally unavailable.

Imagine shelling out 10K for a vintage meme with a nonstandard color.

Good. I can keep triggering faggots like you 30 years from now.

Vintage? Its a brand new guitar. And unlike actual vintage shit, its playable without a broken trussrod, warped fretboard or rusty electronics.

Everything is available if you pay enough.

>Vintage? Its a brand new guitar.
Was referring to the design itself, but thank's for pointing out that it'd be 10k for a reproduction of a vintage meme lol

lol I posted one pic 12 hours after yours and you came rushing to defend yourself. I'm sure you will if I post it tomorrow, too.

I rushed to make fun of your idiocy.

uh huh. I like how you changed you standard defense from "they're different woods!" to "how could they possibly match if it's natural finish" hahaha

maybe one day you'll learn to accept getting the piss taken out of your with a modicum of dignity.

The more you type, the dumber you get.

Anyone have the berklee jazz bass book in pdf?

Want to learn guitar, just started today. Godamn, this shit sucks

Fuck off, it's great.

Hmm, yeah I can see that, it doesn't tell you much by way of music theory. I've found that slowing down to 80% and manually going up stepwise in speed and difficulty makes the transitions manageable. The auto difficulty can definitely dump shit on you.

>70s strats aged with time
...because polyurethane plastic is another name for nitrocellulose lacquer?

Probably around $5k

My fingers have deep indents in them. I realize it's part of the process, but fuck it hurts. And all I get as a reward is hearing myself play a chord shittily. I just keep telling myself that a couple months from now, it will all be worth it.

They have production models that cost that. A full custom is going to be way more.

I started with guitar for a while because I thought it'd be good to do that before making the jump to bass, which is what I wanted to do all along. So much finger pain that I could have avoided...

...so in other words, it’s exactly like this:
gibson.com/Guitar/CUSHTT69/Flying-V-Custom#SKU-CSFVCEBGH1E

...In a different color? And you think they’d charge an extra $5k for different paint?
Come on now. $100-200 extra maybe.

It's also a flame maple top.

>a couple of months
Ha. Hahaha. HahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

I guess today's not the day

has anyone here ever gotten an annoying bussing sound on only one string in particular? I have gibson sg, is it possible for the neck to be warped in such a way that the higher strings are messed with more so than the other? Maybe i need a refret?

How do I reduce string impact noise? I'm trying to make something sound really soft but I still hear the pick/fingers hitting the strings.
Using Amplitube

high fret

maybe the nut slot is too deep for that particular string

traditional two-point bridges are terrible in this regard. Others, too, but this one also.

is there a crack for amplitube 4 yet? all i find on usenet and torrents is v3

switching from roundwound strings to flatwounds almost completely eliminates all string noise, there's a reason why jazz guys love em

i bet they feel like blades to the fingers huh? are they only for jazz?

Yes, specifically around the 12th fret high E. Anything between the 12th frett and the 17th frett sound absurdly buzzy and retarded.

is that so? so would a refret even help?

you can try a combination of EQ and compression, particularly on the attack

I believe the guitar luthier in my area is gonna tell me it will regardless of whether it does or doesnt.

I think you misquoted someone there

>tfw playing guitar is a pointless distraction from what i really wish i was doing : committing suicide and ending my suffering
>no matter how well i play i can't help but wish i wasn't here doing any of this

Attached: i failed life ;__;.png (489x424, 129K)

Well shit I only have one guitar

IK.Multimedia.AmpliTube.4.Complete.v4.0.3.Incl.Keygen-R2R

they're just strings, you can use them for anything where you want to avoid string noise. They're probably not great for situations where you wanna do big bends because they're a bit stiff compared to rounds, tho

A complete refret seems like overkill, they just need some attention payed to leveling maybe.

You could always try raising the side of the bridge that has the buzzing string until it stops, and possibly modify the other saddles to sit lower if needed.

go see a therapist, user

very cool. I shall try them out, something fresh :)

maybe i misinterpreted. upon looking at the area surrounding the those particular frets they all look the same. A video i watched said to try and slide a very thin piece of paper under the edges of the frets surrounding the area that seems to cause the buzz. So i cleaned the area as best i could and tried sliding a cigarette rolling paper into the space and it didnt go in. So it seems the frets arent popping out. (they arent visibly standing out either)

great idea user i will give that a try (raise that side of the bridge)

They're also not as bright as roundwounds and have a different timbre in general IMO

>mfw it doesn't matter what i accomplish musically
>mfw it doesn't matter what i accomplish
>mfw it doesn't matter

Attached: 1539685088649.gif (500x255, 426K)

lol

babys first existential crisis

I want to buy a 7 string.

Thoughts/experiences?

Attached: ltd 7 string.png (1200x393, 440K)

somebody saves this massive faggotry. If not saved, it means is the poster that saves all the posts, which would be hilarious.

Don’t give up

Attached: 92F890AB-F807-4847-8AF0-DC9481B2B70C.jpg (1067x1584, 361K)

lol

not him but he's right about guitar being a complete waste of time
>be me
>started playing guitar when i was a teenager
>seemed like a cool way to express yourself musically
>got really good
>considered accomplished even by professionals i sometimes associate with
>as i mature musically i realize writing guitar based music is rudimentary, simplistic and creatively limited compared to the infinite possibilities a laptop based DAW offers now
>as i mature musically i slowly realize how uninteresting most guitar based music actually is
>as i mature socially i come to realize most people have long since stopped caring about guitar based music too
>mfw guitar might as well be an accordion or a harpsichord now
>pic related: mfw i know in my heart i wasted my time on this instrument
>mfw i wish i could have all that time i wasted back

for God sake don't end up like us kids, save yourselves from our fate

Attached: 1541019748096.jpg (500x341, 25K)

shit's getting better, lol

Yeah but when did you finally grow out of metal?

things that never happened.

you think you can use the computer like some kind of musical gun in a knife fight. it's more like bringing a gun to a dragon ball Z fight.

Attached: no thanks.png (375x244, 18K)

just learn bass, so much better

6-7k $

>take the blackpill they said

unless you can actually make use of all the strings (spoiler alert: unless your last name happens to be Vai or Abasi, you probably can't) you'll look like a huge tard.
if you are in fact able to make use of all the strings, you'll look like a tryhard autist.
The only way I can see a 7+ string guitar being played in a way that isn't exceptionally cringey is if you are seriously good at self-accompaniment, which judging by the pic, you just want a new toy to help prop up your extremely fragile shred head ego, and thus, are not.

Attached: 1550862794993.jpg (720x720, 69K)

>unless you can actually make use of all the strings (spoiler alert: unless your last name happens to be Vai or Abasi, you probably can't

You don't need to be an amazing guitarist to use a 7-string any more than a 6-string. Just look at Stephen Carpenter for example. It's literally the same instrument with 5 lower notes

>which judging by the pic, you just want a new toy to help prop up your extremely fragile shred head ego, and thus, are not.

How the fuck did you pull that out of your ass from a pic of a guitar. Holy shit you're retarded.

lol stephen carpenter can't play for shit

Just do lots of bends to the point where you're just shy of getting blisters. Keep at it and don't overdo it and you'll have thick callouses in a couple of days. And then you're set.

Then you might also consider getting this.

Attached: 330px-Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg (329x177, 16K)

>fragile ego is wounded, as was foretold
Oh me, oh my, whoever could have seen this coming?
You want 5 measly lower notes? why not just detune a 6 string?
Is stepping on the bassist's toes really that necessary anyways?
>how the fuck did you pull that out of your ass?
I want you to take a good long look at the guitar. Just look at it.

Attached: 1549914930194.png (1073x877, 1006K)

Guy who bends a ton of strings here. If I go too long without playing and lose my callouses, it's best for me to play every OTHER day at first to build the callouses back up. If you bend a lot and play every day without first building up callouses you'll tend to tear them apart before they get really strong; playing every OTHER day at first prevents them from tearing up and lets them get real hard and strong and thick.

Still not worth an extra 5k. Add $500 for a flame maple top, and you’re at 5.5k
Bottom line is you’re still nowhere near 10k, even ordering from Gibson.

>stephen carpenter can't play
This. The only album Deftones ever released that mattered was White Pony where Carpenter had almost nothing to do with the writing process and what little writing he did contribute was written and recorded on a six string.

If you want to lose a couple of IQ points watch this stupid fuck talk for a couple of minutes
youtube.com/watch?v=H5yDOh6F1Mk

Attached: DSC01505_zps507f36ca.jpg (1024x768, 102K)

Oldfag from yesterday here, picked up this today, it came with a stand it's the Rode NT2-A. Set me back about 250USD. Hope I didn't fuck up.

Attached: IMG_20190226_172416~01~01.jpg (1638x1920, 801K)

Could also be that your bridge is a little lower on the treble side than it should be.
Try raising up the treble side bridge thumbwheel 1/4 turn at a time and retune. It shouldn’t take very much.

youtu.be/0HJQJzUwRMk
Charlie Hunter is the only extended range player you faggots are allowed to listen to, got it?

Attached: F0737978-A733-4B3A-8BD6-BA24FEEBB4EB.jpg (1000x1500, 429K)

You should probably get a bassman. Or a bassman clone. Or another marshall thats just a copy of a bassman. Or maybe an ultralinear or solid state bassman.

lol, kys

You can’t kiss yourself user

Attached: 7AC919E8-A417-4E3A-8198-D70B699F5D07.png (1319x2256, 2.93M)

seven strings are fucking stupid. a whole other string just to get what, a 4th lower? a 5th???

just make the six strings you have bigger. aka baritone.

seven/eight strings are pointless... literally just get a longer guitar with .16-.70 strings

Also, this arrived in the mail today, now all I need to do is set it up. Wish me good luck user

Attached: IMG_20190226_131550~01.jpg (1920x941, 222K)

This. It's the DAW-killer and whiny faggot eraser

It’s all useless and hopeless until the day-and that day may never come-that it gets you laid.
Then it is all worth it.

i've got a wife and a daughter

Attached: 1544501169979.jpg (540x400, 37K)

Not that user, but I think he meant Kyke yourself (buy a gibson).

This, unironically. You may even find that you genuinely enjoy it as an instrument, too.

wololol

So you’re never getting laid no matter what you do.
That’s a different problem altogether.

why does guitar into pedal, followed by mixer into computer consistently sound shittier than guitar into amp followed by mic into mixer into computer?

well, give your daughter her reaction images back and cheer the fuck up already.

> he doesn't tune his extra string to pure slack and just slam open notes on it

Attached: 680.png (540x784, 170K)

I actually own a Norlin era LP custom but the dye is seeping into the binding the more i play it.

i mean srsly it sounds half decent to my (shitty) headphones plugged into the mixer and yet sound shit beyond belief when i run the exact same thing into reaper and record it

Impedance mismatch.
Guitar is an unbalanced, high-impedance signal source.
Your Mixer requires a balanced, low-impedance signal.
To get your guitar to play nice with your mixer, you need a Direct Box of some sort. It’s a common issue, and they’re around for not too much cash from a number of equipment makers.

because DI cuts out the amp, cab, speakers, and room from the equation.

>it's just fun
>not fun things are fun
Get out of here with your meme subs

I can't believe how few people recognise this as pasta.

We have a lot of new fags this month :)

>no fun allowed

Attached: 1547706857488.png (545x863, 557K)

Attached: tenor.gif (220x144, 748K)

REVERSED

Attached: 1478312893230.jpg (690x860, 89K)

>>not using the funner subs for k-on
Get ouuttttaa heeeree

there's no cure for retardation as far as i know

He basically held eye contact with his fellow musicians for the whole video. What a fuckin chad

Anybody want Sam's sisters nudes? 69 decides if I drop them ITT or not.

Attached: 1504056775871.jpg (1920x2560, 693K)

Should I get a Pitchfork or a Micro POG?

Attached: pitch.jpg (1200x1917, 140K)

>...69
what kind of magic is this?

You already rolled a 69, so you know what to do.

Lmao this looks like sam from behind

How should I practice? Right now this what I do

Major scales, arpeggelios and modes on one string

Same but in 5 positions (caged)

Triads major, minor, diminisjed, augermented and inverted

The same kind as this
>77

700 dollars? You mean the edwards version right? Isnt the ESP version like 4000U$?

Attached: AMOROUS-NT_PWGO_angled.png (2400x880, 1.43M)

almost there

this script is so shit glad it was free
>66

What's the difference between small frets and big frets?

you tell us SATAN

Attached: 80f69a91b8f96e5e2c76c49e13b55d94.jpg (672x504, 70K)

I've been looking at the pitchfork with an expression pedal. Cheaper alternative to a B-Bender.

so you considered paying to get dubs? you are on another astral plane of existence

only one elicits pic related as a response

Attached: laughingwhooooooooooores.png (449x401, 490K)

Attached: 1544501169979.jpg (540x400, 111K)

>so you considered paying to get dubs? you are on another astral plane of existence
it's less a plane and more a spectrum, if you catch my drift

you have no idea

Attached: 1528992853323.jpg (826x960, 113K)

Do you even know any songs user
Front to back, whole songs

Attached: 12B77F06-6221-4623-8304-366E48929025.jpg (1125x850, 583K)

Was looking at this one
ebay.com/itm/Bang-Dream-Snapper-Tae-Tae-Hanazono-Signature-Model-Bandori/273729007942?epid=18010161526&hash=item3fbb853146:g:PfcAAOSw9nJcdAsv
>Bang Dream logo on the headstock instead of esp
That makes me think it would be a lower quality guitar, so maybe that's why it's 700 dollars

That is the lowest quality one yes.

Attached: KL380body1.jpg (1024x1453, 263K)

>Gretsch "Johnny Garlic" Guy Fieri signature model in Tabasco red
Ok Roman was right guitar really is a meme

Attached: e9a415e8063a222073954b296c187c22.jpg (625x938, 209K)

What is vocabulary?

Wow, that is a paint job

No one cares about your discord faggotry. Fuck every single one of you discord retards. Get off of my anonymous board.

Anyone else notice that bass players are the funny beta guy of the group?

Is Allen Hinds considered good?

Not that user, but I'm new too (only been playing bass for 6 weeks) and I'm not sure how to focus practice. For the first three weeks I followed a youtube playlist and literally ground out major scales and arpeggios in different modes, but then I got Rocksmith and actually learning songs is fun as shit, and I think those first weeks helped that a lot. Are there any rules of thumb for what mix to do? Like maybe warm up with scales and shit for 5-10 minutes then go to songs

Attenuator recommendations?

I was thinking of just future proofing myself and shillling out for the ox box. That way If I had ANY inclination to record I'd be set.

What's the deal with prs hate on here?

Attached: WEB.jpg (630x555, 69K)

The Faustine Phantom

Attached: steve jobs.jpg (250x300, 10K)

youtube.com/watch?v=k3o2FHxz9O8

Tacky shit

Love them. Fuck the haters. They can't afford one

Attached: CathouseLive081515CL-210.jpg (600x900, 260K)

>Love them. Fuck the haters. They can't afford one

Attached: Untitled.jpg (600x765, 47K)

Mixture of being poor and actual corksniffing. PRS gets a lot of things right, and their attention to detail is impeccable, but BOY do they post some of the most corksniffing-est stuff I've ever seen... Puts TPS to shame sometimes.

I have a 97 Custom 22 10 top in mint condition. What should I trade it for?

Wym trade?

What do you not like about it?

I love it but /gg/ says it sucks

Eric Clapton wrote Layla on a guitar with 21 frets, what does any guitarist need a 22nd one for?

Attached: 1000x-1.jpg (1000x666, 63K)

Attached: 1547412096711.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

True. 24 just seems ridiculous. How often is anyone hitting that e

timestamp

Attached: 1504563106755.jpg (572x520, 55K)

Any metalfriends know how the heck you're supposed to play this riff starting after 2:24? I don't mean the tapping bit but the riff behind it.
youtu.be/OyYnstGB3rM?t=144

Attached: quorthonandacliff.jpg (427x600, 37K)

Any reason not to get this?

Attached: 188.jpg (1200x440, 351K)

It (literally) looks like shit

Talk me out of it boys...

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-26 Harley Benton Fusion-II HSH MN FBB.png (1249x831, 749K)

Bass player myself, what I like to do is half noodling half spider exercises for about 10-20 minutes, then after that I might practice 2 octave scales or just go straight into learning songs by ear

see

It may look like shit but the features for the price seem crazy

wow someones mad. you pussy can't stand by things you say so you have to be anonymous. come on over and see how long u last. 0 secs porbably

if you wanna play a guitar made out of kaka that's your choice, man

But it says mahogany on the website.

Do it if you like it user, but i'm not a fan of the color, nor 24frets.
But seems like a good guitar.

Attached: fender_japstratthin_cherry_hh_5.jpg (2000x1358, 248K)

What's about Knaggs guitars?

Attached: gpieewdalcdsxhjcmqch.jpg (571x800, 80K)

I bought a harley benton last week, can't speak for the fusion, but the LP copies are pretty nice, albeit with a few flaws that may be minor or major, depending on your ability to fix them.
But if the flaws are too major, you have that 30 day no questions return.

Attached: DSC01238.jpg (2048x1536, 515K)

what is this monstrosity?

Both boring as fuck. Noodling without structure and real melody.

They also come in nicer colours with baked maple necks. I don't really know anything about baked maple though. I feel like I wouldn't like then purely because I love maple necks and fretboards and I'm guessing the baking process changes a lot.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-26 Harley Benton Fusion-II HSH Roasted FBLB.png (1249x824, 641K)

At least the new logo isn't as awful.
I mean, surely they could design a nice looking product if they really wanted to sell it, right?

baking maple changes the colour to something like rosewood, it still feels like unvarnished maple.

So in other words, it's not worth the extra 100 euros?

not if you prefer regular blond maple anyway.

I think you quoted wrong user, what you meant to quote was Roasted maple makes the neck theoretically harder. Due less water on the wood, but would also make it more fragile. But i doubt it makes a huge difference besides looks on the end of the day. Its just a meme to cost more i guess.
And that color looks much better. Though missing the matching headstock.

Attached: first_note_8.jpg (3024x4032, 2.26M)

Objectively best vfm guitar out there. Stainless steel frets, baked maple neck are otherwise unavailable under 1200k, and even then it's on another Indonesian guitar.

All that on top of all the tapping, good tremolo etc.

Subjectively, I hate the presence of a maple veneer (just let the plain top show) and the headstock shape, as well as the fact that it's made by Cort, who treat their workers like shit.

I would feel dirty playing that in various ways, but it's still objectively great value.

>I think you quoted wrong user, what you meant to quote was
no I quoted correctly. explain.

Does roman like Chon?

So if the baked maple seems like a bit of a meme. I found this one for 100 quid less. Personally really like the colour and it's going to be a side guitar to my RG550. If I like it I'd consider swapping the bridge out for an EVH and if I hate it I'm sure I could get most of my money back on a resell.
Tbh the stainless steel frets and floyd rose seem worth 300 euro alone

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-26 Harley Benton Fusion-II HH FR MN FPU.png (1310x815, 837K)

Its a Japanese Fender Thinline Stratocaster, what else you want explained?

Attached: QTWLCdY.jpg (1536x2048, 1.02M)

does that mean it has no effect? because it certainly does

baked maple (sometimes called roseacer) and blackwood tek are being pushed heavily because of the difficulty of obtaining rosewood and ebony (CITES appendix II)

Personally i also prefer regular blond maple, and while blackwood tek looks ugly as fug, its pretty nice to play on. looks a lot nicer with some oil on it.
Time will tell how durable it is.

You are retarded, baked maple is generally a costly option, and isn't used as an alternative to blackwoods used for fretboards, because it looks absolutely nothing like traditional rosewood, as opposed to all the other woods used to replace rosewood (jatoba, ebony, indian laurel and artificial/processed woods).

It just looks better and offers some more tuning stability.

WHAT THE H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS WHO TOLD YOU

Attached: 1549564231387.jpg (408x561, 88K)

>she thinks she's roman

baked maple has become a budget option recently. its cheap and not diffucult to manufacture

Attached: 1549569042590.gif (500x514, 1.9M)

>Jatobá
Fixed for you. Don't need to thank.

What do you do when you feel stuck?
I've been playing for 8 years and i'm only at intermediate level because i've only been learning by playing songs i liked. So pretty much the hardest shit i can play would be something like Jonny Greenwoods part in Knvies Out, that kind of thing.

I actually don't know how to improve anymore.
I've been doing scales with increasing the tempo but that kind of didn't work. My biggest problem is that i literally can't play with a pick. I tried getting used to it multiple times but it just ends up slipping out of my hand or getting into weird positions. I'm so used to using my fingers aaargh

Anyone got some tips on getting that growling kind of bass tone that sounds good for slapping and finger style that Tetsuo Sakurai has in this song?

youtube.com/watch?v=t7EEcG0JW4U

What? Fingers are better than picks. Check out how fast literally any flamenco player can play with their fingers

Wikipedia says he used a fender jazz bass on that album. I'd say lower your action, mess around with the knobs and you'll find a good setting

>japanese player
>low action until it buzzes like a fridge
this is correct

Is this sarcasm? Japs don't got the buzz

>Japs don't got the buzz
wat

Martin Miller Masterclass is shit. To the user that recommended it, simply fuck yourself. It's made me a worse player

Spider exercises and composing/transcribing

HEY GUISE HERE'S UR NEW *NOT* CL_ _ _O THREAD

Attached: 44205734_367641207314144_499879581420468538_N_crop.jpg (273x273, 13K)

real thread