Is this/Silver Jews in general actually good?

Is this/Silver Jews in general actually good?

I love Stephen Malkmus so am interested due to his involvement but the main guy seems like a faggot and his voice is boring.

Attached: Untitled.png (456x594, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jewcy.com/jewish-arts-and-culture/conversation_silver_jews_front_man
web.archive.org/web/20030403210901/http://pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/s/silver-jews/american-water.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You're gay

feel free to kill yourself anytime, zoomer

>David Berman made another post on the message board revealing that he is the son of lobbyist Richard Berman.[6] The two have been estranged since about 2006, when David demanded that his father halt his work supporting guns, alcohol, union-busting and other industries of the like, or else he would sever their relationship. Richard refused, and the two have not spoken since. In the message board entry, he called his father "evil," a "human molestor," an "exploiter," a "scoundrel," and "a world historical motherfucking son of a bitch."[6] Berman ended his post by saying, "I am the son of a demon come to make good the damage."[6]

holy shit imagine disowning your dad because you're this much of a onions faggot

>Silver Jews
>great score on pitchfork

hmmmmm

Yes but that isn't their best album

jewcy.com/jewish-arts-and-culture/conversation_silver_jews_front_man

Well I'm listening to it now and the melodies sound semi pleasant but overall dull and the lyrics reek of 'this sounds clever heh' from this pretentious fag

Kind of cringe

''When did people start asking about the "Jews" part of your band name?

Jews of the “don’t make trouble” variety haven’t been a cultural force for a while. Political correctness was the topic of the day when I came up with the name. Perhaps I thought people would be forced to speak politely about the band. But really, “Jew,” it’s a beautiful word. It looks good too. The J is so unique, the e, so affable, the w, so strong''

My God, I hate these people. Do they not understand why everyone hates them?

proto father john misty

because we're civilized? you gentiles are all cock-sucking monkeys

What did the Jews put into the water? Pee fass? Lead? Foreskins? Aborted babies?

Attached: iguesstheyneverslithuh.jpg (750x413, 59K)

>9.4
pretty sure that had 9.9 at some point

Berman is a legit genius lyricist, tossing off profound little gems of insight effortlessly

"I love to see a rainbow from a garden hose
Lit up like the blood of a centerfold
I love the city and the city rain
Suburban kids with Biblical names"

>you gentiles are all cock-sucking monkeys
Is that a Maurice Samuel quote?

Yeah. It's obviously hipster shit but still written well.

basically yeah
if you have an appreciation for this brand of "very clever" indie rock lyricism, thats what this album has better than almost anywhere else

along with malkmus and his incredible ability as an indie pop/alt country songwriter
i can sort of see it

Silver Jews are the shit and American Water is one of my favorite albums ever

And seconding what this guy said He's like the lyrical equivalent of Gregory Crewdson. His book Act

Attached: 2000.70_ph_web.jpg (870x697, 115K)

just accept that jews are the superior master race and you gentiles are genetically inferior apes. why do you think we run the world? it's because we're genetically superior to you pea-brained cromagnons

ual Air isn't as immediately commanding as his Jews stuff but if you dig the lyrics it's definitely worth checking out if you can find a copy cheap.

>Q: "What artists or albums have caught your attention lately?"
>A: "I’ve lost track of what’s new and hot. A sign of middle age." ... "[But] I can tell you what I absolutely hate: Silver Jews; or any other racial slur."
was he right lads?

Attached: sufjan-stevens.jpg (1000x625, 103K)

he was wrong lol. berman is a jew. it's not a racial slur. sometimes these PC libtards are just fucking stupid. support trump support israel

Sure. You'll see how overrated your verbal IQ is if the US ever stops babysitting Israel.
Did Samuel really say "you gentiles are all cock-sucking monkeys" though? I haven't read You Gentiles yet. I know he uses the titular phrase throughout the book.

i'd actually never heard of samuel but i'm fairly certain he didn't say that

The only good Silver Jews songs are the ones where Malkmus has vocals on them

the opening song is one of my favorite songs ever, and the rest of the album is solid. I need to relisten to the whole thing soon

You can stop listening after the first five seconds. Most frontloaded album of all time.

What a fucking retard.

Most of the jews stuff is great mate. Best album is american water or bright flight.

that was the original review web.archive.org/web/20030403210901/http://pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/s/silver-jews/american-water.shtml

soiman stephen

I like it but the vocals are done in a mostly flat-ish style, the shining bits are the lyrics and instrumentation. If you really hate the vocals and don't like general Americana trenchant insights lyrics you won't like it. It's pretty fun though, and more humorous than it's made out to be.