Why the FUCK didnt anyone tell me this was actually good?

why the FUCK didnt anyone tell me this was actually good?

Attached: FC.jpg (1213x1200, 593K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UwgKJuC-Lu8
youtube.com/watch?v=5mcpcpxc3kU&t=28s
youtube.com/watch?v=zdPCt5ZEf40
akronfamily.bandcamp.com/album/meek-warrior
youtube.com/watch?v=xcAnMTHuNNk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've been telling people this is the best Pink Floyd album for years

It's the kind of thing one learns by oneself. I discovered it the same way and it holds a special place in my heart, where as the other hyped albums have grown old and obsolete.

Because it's already expected of you to have heard it if you're posting on here. I don't know in what rock music community Meddle isn't considered essential.

Fearless is one of the best songs I've ever heard

Some boring ass boomer pysch. Listen to Tame Impala instead. Much more efficient and trippier

>More trippy=more good

The state of mu

Can anyone recc me more of this mellow/dreamy Floyd? I love the melodies on this album so fucking much. I've listened to the other big Floyd albums but none of them hit me like this does.

A Saucerful of Secrets is unironically my favourite Floyd album. It sounds a bit inbetween Piper and Meddle. Give it a try if you haven't.

Atom Heart Mother. side 2 is especially comfy

because people think they have to suck dark side of the moon's dick just cause their daddy said it was the best

>tame impala trippier than echoes
what an absolutely ridiculous thing to say

i never noticed that the album cover was an ear until someone told me

now i can’t unsee it ever

i thought tame impala was cool til i turned 20 and realized it's just psych for normies who think they're into 'weird stuff'

Attached: 1550810613669.jpg (881x664, 58K)

holy fucking shit dude

what

ive honestly seen and remembered it as a nebula since i first listened to it 15 years ago. i'm borderline shocked

has to be bait

lol i remember the first time i learned that it blew my mind. i used to think it was an upside-down nose because i only ever saw it thumbnail-sized at that point

love me a Meddle appreciation thread. long ass PF songs are the best, Echoes beats them all
i think honestly the closest in form to Meddle is Wish You Were Here (what with Shine On You Crazy Diamond in full dwarfing the rest of the album), even though i'm a much bigger fan of their earlier psychedelic phase

Seamus is godawful and Echoes is bloated in its second half. 7/10 album, pretty good but inconsistent.

Youre a faggot and also wrong

Attached: 20181002_190101.jpg (1080x1412, 653K)

you might enjoy obscured by clouds, also the 'narrow way' on ummagumma.

worst kept secret of all time, anyone who dabbles into Pink Floyd beyond "muh dark side of the moon" knows this is one of the best albums of all time

>muh i don't like experimentation
seriously though, the second half of echoes is the best part

Would be great if not for Heart of the Sun and the title track. Remember a Day is godly.

Yep, it's the 70s AOTD. One Of These Days doesn't get enough credit for how great of an opener it is.

We've talked positively about it.

>would be great if not for the two best songs on the album
you wot m8?

Seems like a good thread to ask: What is the most psychedelic psych? I want the most extreme, trippy stuff.

Bardo Pond

it depends entirely on what your criteria for 'extreme' and 'trippy' are

I'm happy to listen to anything, as long as you think it meets the criteria.

here's a couple that come to mind first, entirely different from one another, but they're all 'extremes' in some form or other:

youtube.com/watch?v=UwgKJuC-Lu8
youtube.com/watch?v=5mcpcpxc3kU&t=28s
youtube.com/watch?v=zdPCt5ZEf40

i just meant some peoples' definitions of psych differ from others, these were my stabs at it tho. i'd also include a couple more

akronfamily.bandcamp.com/album/meek-warrior (i think all these songs are on youtube, but they're separate so i thought i'd throw in the album link instead)
youtube.com/watch?v=xcAnMTHuNNk

ALSO the acid mothers temple in the last post was just a general nod to the band, idk if that's their MOST psych album, they just go super hard

Attached: FC5BF377-CD96-40CE-AD93-D2095305692A.gif (342x320, 761K)

Woah check this guy out.

see-saw is so fucking weird but it makes me sad in a way, like it's got this vaguely incestuous and forbidden feeling to it.

It's not about incest, not that there's anything wrong with that.

>Yep, it's the 70s AOTD.
>not even their best album from the first half of the 70s
literally lmaoing @ ur life

Lmao I thought it was a nose wat

WYWH > DSotM > Saucerful > Meddle > Piper > the rest

Funny, I totally get that from the song. There's just a really sad and slightly fucked vibe to it. It's an eerie song.

Wish You Were Here = Animals > Dark Side of the Moon > Meddle > Atom Heart Mother > The Wall

yeah I don't mean full blown incest just those youthful feelings of trying to understand the opposite sex through siblings and pining for their affection. interestingly this album was released in japan as "shinpi" or "mystery" in english.

i think cause the phrase 'saucerful of secrets' is a bit hard to translate, and harder for japanese people to say

>Removes Seamus, album become a 10/10

Same

Based