How does Kanye find his samples?

How does Kanye find his samples?

Attached: kanye-west.png (807x481, 202K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5LV70mRhkrw
youtube.com/watch?v=mc-ccZXsIm4
youtu.be/ji3_hvSnP70
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

By listening to music.

Attached: 1519148137183 (1).jpg (800x371, 98K)

doubt he has the time, he probably has people to find him nice samples

>a "musician" doesn't have time to listen to music
okay retard. that's like a teacher not having time to read a book.

didn't he admit in an interview awhile back that his team does most of his music and he's basically a glorified creative director?

I wouldn't doubt it since he's a retarded braindead nigger with no talent whatsoever.

no star take the time or effort to sit and search for samples like a nigger. He obviously has a team

Have you like... ever look at the album notes of TLOP or Yeezus before?

Literally every album post-Graduation is filled with collaborators and producers on every song.

All his samples are from popular music so he could easily have picked out his own shit.

>Arthur Russel - Answers Me
>Popular music

Okay.

>random-ass unreleased mccartney song
>youtube.com/watch?v=5LV70mRhkrw
>youtube.com/watch?v=mc-ccZXsIm4
>popular music
yikes

who the fuck listens to kanyes music beyond the hit songs on the radio? what are you gay for black men?

For the College Dropout; the father of a girl he was dating at the time gave him a big box of vinyls from his youth. That's why all the samples from that album are from music that a 50 year old black man in 2004 would listen to (Luther van Ross, Blackjack, Through the Fire, etc)

>doubt he has the time, he probably has people to find him nice samples

honestly i don't like his music at all but you need to be pretty stupid to say something like that

Same way all "artists" find samples. They listen to real musicians and steal stuff from them

Wow, that's actually really interesting. I always figured it was a creative decision to use old soul/R&B samples. I mean, yeah it's a bit of both. But I always find it cool how artist's direction can be influenced by what means they have at the time.

I am a fag who prefers larger cocks, but All Day was definitely a radio hit, it was literally #6 on Billboard

all day was big back in 2015 before tlop came out and there was hype for SWISH or WAVES or whatever he wanted to name the album

This. Relying on samples is like admitting that you can't write a hook.

t.alentlets

Not that obscure if you're a hardcore music fan. If you listen to music hours a day for decades (as I'm sure Kanye has done) it's not hard to have come across lots of cool obscure shit. He probably has a notebook or something to keep track of ideas.

this

I have no idea how he found the sample for XTCY. i can't even find any information about the band that the sample is from.

user are you... being racist outside of Yea Forums?

Attached: 1541639038588.jpg (600x900, 154K)

Obv industry plant

the most reddit post ive seen all day congratulations.

people send him shit. I don't understand why more people don't know about kanye's music production process. A-trak showed kanye who daft punk is.

He has a few people that he shares packs of samples with. The people usually rotate in and out, but most of them are producers that you have heard of.

ty user

>it's not obscure if you listen to music hours per day for 10 years

Attached: 1543783921439.jpg (900x1200, 379K)

Kanye's taste in music is pretty normal if you know what to expect from a black dude who was raised in a black community, especially one in a city like Chicago.
A lot of his samples are old gospel and soul music which were most likely records his parents had or he grew up listening to in church.

He probably lets people chip in suggestions and stuff during his creative process, but Kanye's taste in sampled albums is consistent enough for me to make this conclusion.

Have you only ever listened to College Dropout? I don't know too many black dudes who listen to King Crimon, or Hungarian prog rock, or Steely Dan, or Aphex Twin

youtu.be/ji3_hvSnP70
took me 30 seconds?

This. Early Kanye sampled a lot of music DJs used to call "mom n pop records"
And for the stuff post-Late Registration: he has a team who searches for samples and ideas, he's more like a curator-type a la Andy Warhol.

He stole Fripps and Aphex Twins music without permission.

“Is it a sample? I actually don't know what it ended up being in the end, I'm so slack. I know that he tried to fucking rip me off and claim that he'd written it, and they tried to get away with not paying. I was really helpful, and when they first sent it to me, I was like, ‘Oh, I can re-do that for you, if you like,’ because they'd sampled it really badly and time-stretched it and there was loads of artifacts. I was like, ‘I'll just replay it for you at that speed if you want.’ And they totally didn't even say ‘hello’ or ‘thanks,’ they just replied with, ‘It's not yours, it's ours, and we're not even asking you any more.’”

Attached: a37.jpg (555x666, 243K)