If you had the creativity, the skills and the resources to make the album of your dreams, how would it be?

If you had the creativity, the skills and the resources to make the album of your dreams, how would it be?

Attached: 1535051547722.jpg (500x332, 23K)

One two-hour, forty-two minute song called Ode to Hate
It would be a multi-genre autobiographical masterwork covering my entire life
I would become a recluse for 4-5 years as I was making it, letting my growing schizophrenic tendencies become more obvious as the song went on
It would end with the best chord - something I have yet to find
Then I kill myself

based user

based

I'm not joking

It would be Fusión Latinamericana but touching darker subjects

One hour, ten songs
fusion of post-rock, post-metal and grindcore with classical symphonic and jazz influences.

Some ambient hip hop in the same vein as cLOUDDEAD, but much more dark and synth centric. Most songs will feature some beautiful acoustic samples slowly being taken over by effects and synths, but never breaking the "beautiful" and dark atmosphere. The song structures will be similar to second wave post-rock, with songs having 15-20 mins. It'll sample mostly dark ambient and dsbm. The singing will range from monotone rapping to shrieking from the top of my lungs.

Something like lightning bolt's wonderful rainbow but with substantially more technical playing, and vocals in the style of brainbombs

this is pretty fuckin cringe lmao. u cant be older than 16.

>if
i have all that and im currently working on the album of my dreams lol

Scott Walker meats IDM meets Joe Walsh mÎts cheesy synth pop

i'd kill all of you

and then i listen to it for 10 seconds, get bored and look up how to make pizza crust.

Attached: 1519148137183.jpg (800x371, 87K)

hello kitty suicide club

cringe but redpilled

About 50 minutes long. Fusion of post-rock and ambient, with post-bop/free jazz and romantic classical influences. Something as good as Bark Psychosis, which I love it

it would be a generative physical hardware circuit that creates a different piece based on who owns it and their surroundings, but the piece itself would be a metaphor for my life experience in some way

Beautiful and based

I'd make a psychedelic prog album where I try to get as strange sounds out of the instruments as I can by playing them in unorthodox ways. It would all be in service of the beauty and texture of the songs, though, instead of just being used as a gimmick.

>to make the album of your dreams

Not only I would be able to make the album of my actual dreams based at my actual knowledge, but would be able to be do my dream album not based of my actual creativity.

>"How the hell do you do that kind of stuff?"

How to do it:
1-Pay someone to create a very powerfull computer
2-Pay someone to create a machine learning algoritmn that start by creating random sounds (not midi but actual audio) and then learn to create music based at the score betweem 0 and 100 people do to those songs the album generate.
3-I would listen and rate tons of songs created by this learning ai program.
4-After some amount of time not only would make the album of my dream but of some dream I would not even thinking about having it, it would create something I wouldnt even knew that I needed and if I decided to create an album based at my current worldview of what I think is the best thing would be worse than the generated album by the ai

Avalanches' Wildflower sans Danny Brown

I would want to be a guy who straddles the worlds of art and pop music.
Something like brian eno, or bowie.

I would dress like tuxedo pepe. It would stand out because indie faggots all wear jeans and a t shirt, and sound cloud faggots look like clowns. It would be a very tom waits/ lenored cohen/ nick cave like visual aesthetic. Or like bowie in his thin white duke era.

The music would be just a mish mash of my personal influences from different musicians and genres. Black metal, synth pop, glam rock, folk, industrial, ambient, the beach boys, david sylvian, vangelis, kate bush, roxy music, vangelis

Thematically all my music would be a bit sleazy and sexual, but also romantic. Like fucking a robot hooker in a cyberpunk dystopia. Neon lights, acid rain, smog, neo china . the human predospoence for self destruction. an impending feeling as if the world is ending and no one cares

Attached: bryan_ferry_photo.jpg (400x521, 20K)

I knew this board was full of teenagers, but goddamn.

An early King Crimson (specifically Larks' Tongues In Aspic) album with more electric guitar to contrast the calm and mostly silent parts. additionally a second violin and a greater focus on them during the parts with heavy hitting notes.

a 40-60 minute piece where every split second is sampled from other music. it would sound hideous, incongruent and alarming

Attached: 157643542.png (350x350, 273K)

I've toyed with making stuff like this but with just enough coherence to register as actual music. I honestly think it's the New Big Thing but I haven't been able to perfect it yet.

that's called Terror by Veidt

>High dynamic range (DR score of 14)
>Just intonation 11-limit harmony with modulations (like Harry Partch's 43 tone system except not stuck in a single key)
>breakbeats
>complex polyrhythms and varied odd time signatures
>stutter edits
>samples with aliasing distortion (Amiga Paula chip style)
>occasional pitched up happy-hardcore style female vocals, but not saying anything important
>DX7-style FM synths (for tuned percussion)
>PC-Engine-style wavetable synths
>C64-style PSG synths
>European-chiptune-style fast arpeggios
>TB-303-style resonant low pass filtering
>Tempo ranging from 180BPM to 250BPM
>moderate spectral density (no "wall of sound")
>gated reverb on drums
>no other reverb

This

Morbidly depressed shoegaze/jazz fushion instrumentals with sort of dark ambient interludes.

Based.
I'm imagining the track Echoes but post-rock instead of prog-rock.
Thanks, user.
I really, actually like this idea for an album.
These ideas have been stolen by me. Thanks.

I would make a funk record with a lot of different influences and experimentation. Btw, if any onf you guys wanna make music you should check out the thread that gets posted here EVERY DAY KNOWN AS /PROD/

I love it.

nerd