Should jazz be considered equal to classical music?

Should jazz be considered equal to classical music?

Attached: 1537037489946.jpg (800x602, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A9KM_KJKPMo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All music is equal.

It's the listeners who are not.

no/thread

Kys commie

commies hated jazz
kys 60 IQ retard

Attached: 1ad86-adorno.jpg (542x441, 51K)

>commies hated jazz
And?
kys commie

>And?
kyss my ass 60 IQ retard

I agree with this guy's opinion on music but he had subhuman looks so I ultimately dislike him.

no.

Attached: 45419840_1160860710733964_2650333063191461888_o.jpg (1440x1116, 104K)

and jazz hated communism
youtube.com/watch?v=A9KM_KJKPMo

idfk sure why not just ruin the point of classical entirely fucking retard undermine something else fucking ass hole

It's equally old and boring so sure

People who don't read think books are boring.

>Should jazz be considered equal to music?
ftfy, and no.

Equal how? Care to expand on your vague question?

Attached: jkkg1do.png (768x496, 81K)

Source of graphic?

I have no idea where I found it and I keep trying to track the source down but unsuccessfully. It looks pretty complete in terms of music classification.

Well I'm familiar with Tagg's Triangle (Pop/Folk/Art) which makes a lot of sense and I agree with. But I'm curious about the distinction of "Historical Music" in that graphic. Looking for clarification.

Hello? Are you going to elaborate on your graphic? Or do you just use it to shitpost?

Historical music is most likely medieval, renaissance, classical and romantic music composed in certain traditions, mostly for sacred, aristocratic and bourgeoise means. These works probably belong to a certain stream of difference traditions and schools that you would group together. People usually study and perform these works.
On the other hand you have experimental or avant-garde music which was trying to break away from these traditions and institutions but ironically some of them became a part of these themselves. I think of stuff like Stockhausen and Boulez. A more extreme example would be stuff like John Cage, anti-operas and sound performances or whatever they're called.
I like this distinction because it's more accurate than just calling it "art" music.

What is this painting?

Attached: 1521950178331.png (568x548, 88K)

That's interesting.

But if this was all simplified into three groups, as per Tagg, you could just have subclassifications of each. Art Music could have it's own based on your aforementioned classical/medieval/worship classification, as well as experimental music, and scholarly music. This is akin to Popular Music having it's own subclassifications, which many would interpret as "musical genre" (Rock, Pop, Hip Hop, Blues, etc). And finially, Folk Music could have subclassifications based on indigenous people's culture and geographic location.

This is the simplest answer, and your graphic over complicates things imo

The idea of presenting jazz as African American classical music is not new. Ellington embraced it, going so far as to compose suites like Black Brown and Beige. But the focus of jazz is different from that of classical. Classical is more composer driven than jazz. Improvization stopped being a thing in classical music a few hundred years ago, whereas it's pretty fundamental in jazz performance. That makes jazz a player driven music. The players do more than just interpret the composer's intent, they have the liberty to determine the specific notes and arrangements on the fly. Their personal style shapes the music to a far greater extent than in classical. I'd consider that a big difference between the two musics.

No.

Jazz was played by drugged niggas so no.