What the fuck is wrong with his voice

What the fuck is wrong with his voice

Attached: 61xkJW-6EnL.jpg (500x500, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l_tkfK-uKyE
youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1_Do_fc
youtube.com/watch?v=Eh44QPT1mPE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

he sings high and not very well. still worked out ok for him though

You just need to get high or drunk with him and have a broken heart. and then Neil Young becomes the greatest songwriter of all time

Its original

He suffers from low-test

>all vocals should sound like Ariana or Taytay
Nah pretty sure you should kys

His voice is incredible.

accurate post

what's wrong with his granny lesbian voice?

he conveys emotion really well, which is more difficult

He sings in a shitty falsetto all the time. He's more about his lyrics than his vocal ability anyway though.

He's retarded

faget OP probably never even listened to "Birds" on pic related. Neil is 10/10

Would explain his liberalism.

It's not a falsetto. Neil is just a tenor.

Google seems to think otherwise. Guarantee he is naturally a baritone.

10/10

he's a bad singer like dylan. works better for him than dylan though.

Google is wrong and so are you.

Neil Young is goat, what are you guys on about?

He sings in falsetto. Get over it. Sorry you have a shit ear.
youtube.com/watch?v=l_tkfK-uKyE
He has a baritone speaking voice. He is not a tenor.

Legit one of my favorite albums of all time.

Dylan has one of the most powerful voices of all time. His delivery is unmatched

His best album

He's one of the greatest musicians to ever live

He only plays two instruments, both of them just rudimentary chords.

So what? He wrote and performed some of the greatest music ever made.

and yet he's still one of the best. how did he do it?

That would make him one of the greatest songwriters and/or performers, not musicians.
See You're mistaken.

By that logic Jimi Hendrix was a shitty musician for not playing trumpet and sax.

his accompaniment is impeccable though. the way he fuses his voice and playing is just perfect

youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1_Do_fc

Incorrect and awful take

Goalpost shifting
Great! Not the greatest ever though.
How am I wrong?

>Musician (noun)
>a person who makes music a profession, especially as a performer of music.

I'm not following you dude. By definition, if he performed some of the greatest music of all time, how would that not make him one of the greatest musicians of all time?

No, because technical ability would surely be taken into account if distinguishing the greatest musician of all time. Not if you are a fanboy or not.

>you hear the click of the under-the-seat 6-CD changer in dad's 1994 ford explorer
>he's driving you to a peewee hockey tournament in buttfuck nowhere, ontario (prob flesherton or ajax or some shit)
>driving past fields and fields of humble yet gorgeous southern ontarian farmlands in the early hours
>the CD starts playing
>it's a cassette of a live performance of Neil Young in Massey Hall in the early 70s that he attended, got the cassette and converted it into a CD all by himself (quite the accomplishment for a '54 boomer)
>we spend the next 50 minutes alternating between talking about dad's young adulthood and just listening to neil young as it comes
>you know when dad's stories are somewhat embellished but you enjoy them all the same, you can't wait to live a life half as interesting as his
>you finally arrive in town, you were excited to play the tourny this whole time but you suddenly feel like you don't want this car ride to end
anyone know this feel?

Attached: ontario farmland.jpg (1024x668, 201K)

No, I moved beyond autistic "_____ is a better guitar player than ______!" arguments when I got out of childhood. The only determiner is who makes the best music. Neils catalogue is filled with songs of an immense quality and genius, yet unmatched by other musicians. Therefore he is the best. You sound like the kind of guy who wanks to youtube videos of metal dudes sweep picking solos with the word "shredding" in the title

>No, I moved beyond autistic "_____ is a better guitar player than ______!" arguments when I got out of childhood.
But you are stuck in the childish "_______ is my favorite therefor he's the best in the world!"

Not much of a difference.

>Neils catalogue is filled with songs of an immense quality and genius, yet unmatched by other musicians.
Guess you've never heard Bob Dylan, Tom Waits, The Beatles , etc
>Therefore he is the best
>because I like it the most
Not how it works
>You sound like the kind of guy who wanks to youtube videos of metal dudes sweep picking solos with the word "shredding" in the title
I don't like metal though. Give an actual argument.

You have zero understanding of style or rhythm both of which Neil young excels at

Weird, because I've been a musician for the last 20 years

You?

PS: subtle nuance at playing a G major chord does not make you better than Miles Davis

The idiocy on display in your last few comments is pretty immense, so I'm going to try to shut it down here to save you from further embarrassment. Ultimately, consumption and interpretation of art is completely subjective. Artists and art critics have understood this for hundreds of years at this point, so repeatedly responding to me with "YOU'RE JUST SAYING THAT BECAUSE HE'S YOU'RE FAVOURITE!!!" is retard-level behaviour - of COURSE that's why. Everyone in this thread implicitly knows that. There is no way to objectively judge art, or artists, unless looking at units sold, and for multiple reasons this is an incredibly flawed metric. In the annals of art criticism, this point has been accepted for hundreds of years so your failure to get over the fact that "hurrr you aren't making an objective argument" is laughable. Art is critiqued through the personal interpretation individual and then by discussion with others, and comparing those interpretations. It is weighted by the audience and the critics. I could tell you that I think Neil is the best because of his melodic and evocative style, because of songs like Cowgirl in the Sand, which to me, shows some incredibly brilliant and passionate guitar playing (arguments that he isn't "technically skilled' should be rendered moot here; despite perhaps more limited scale work than what you might consider great guitarists, his playing is dynamic and rugged, skillfully directing the ebb and flow of the song) and a powerfully dangerous atmosphere. THAT's why I think he's the best, and that's how one critiques art - by interpreting it, and sharing that interpretation with others who will (hopefully) offer their own interpretations and discuss. Throughout this thread you have demonstrated a fundamental misunderstanding of not only music but art as a whole, seeing as you claim that you yourself are a musician, this is embarrassing to a degree I can't even begin to express.

>I like it the best so it is the best!
Not how it works

His acoustic live albums are his best material.

you must be fun at parties

But it is... that's essentially what all art criticism since critique of art began can be effectively boiled down too. You're not some genius for pointing it out. It's an understood and accepted fact.

how can you not understand his brilliant rhythm playing if you're such an artist? ive been playing for over 10 years btw

>But it is.
So then you misspoke
I understand it. But, again, See

>muh arbitrary rules on what makes music good
i don't give a fuck about your lazy generalizations of neil's music and im not impressed by your criticism either

>>muh arbitrary rules
You meant to quote this guy Sorry for your mistake

you're the one masturbating over technical complexity as if its the standard at which all great music is measured. there is nothing inherently wrong with using "rudimentary chords", its what you do with it. its really quite obvious that you're an insufferable pseud that hides behind jazz to cover up your insecurities that you're a pretentious two-bit academic who can't play rock and roll

>you're the one masturbating over technical complexity as if its the standard at which all great music is measured.
Nice goalpost shifting
>there is nothing inherently wrong with using "rudimentary chords"
Quote me where I said there was
>hides behind jazz
I don't like jazz. make a better argument

>who can't play rock and roll
Also I play in several rock bands.

How about you?

rust never sleeps is one of the rare albums that made me cry extremely relatable canadian

OF course you respond with a hack poet who couldn’t write songs, a meme, and like four guys and one of the best record producers ever lol

Wow, cringe as fuck

oh yeah? post some of your work, id love to hear it

Give me your email address and I'll send you a link.

LOL nice response faggot

coward

What? I just said I'd share my music.

Didn't read everything but seems people are bitching just because someone used the word "musician" instead of "songwriter".

He's a good guitarist, nobody claims he's the one of the top ten guitarists to ever live but he has his own sound that's very unique. He's got a raw sloppy style that would eventually pave way to grunge.

There are better guitarists that have clean professional tones or ones that can hit 50 notes a minute but that's fucking boring and just sounds like a robot. Neil puts personality into his playing.

As for singing, takes a bit to get used to at first but it goes well with his music, especially when he's playing acoustic. Same with other great songwriters like Dylan and Cohen.

It doesn't matter when you play with your soul: listen with your heart (if you have one......) and you'll know what I mean.

he can't be arsed ... same for his guitar playing. wish I could do that well not even trying..

A lot of people's voices get somewhat deeper as they get older.
Here's neil back in 1971:
youtube.com/watch?v=Eh44QPT1mPE

It's still obvious he sings in falsetto there.

I know this feeling really well. My father, the Ontario country side, and Neil are inseparable in my mind and I wouldn't have it any other way.

>soul
Oh how is that measured?
>nobody claims he's the one of the top ten guitarists to ever live
See OP

Neil Young is just Lou Reed doing a gay voice