What did you think of the movie Bohemian Rhapsody?

What did you think of the movie Bohemian Rhapsody?

Attached: queen-bohemian-rhapsody-soundtrack-1536163276-640x640.jpg (640x640, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xigbyaW2yGc&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=TBHrQVdNKZU
youtube.com/watch?v=32iX5lbVDto
youtube.com/watch?v=Rgu-ESV5cBQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

really not good. generic biopic story but about a really popular rock band. terrible pacing but somehow took home best film editing oscar last night

Why the hell do normies like Queen so much.

Seriously though: Queen is what Imagine Dragons is in the 10's, Nickelback was in 00's and Creed was in the 90's

both based af, alsochecked

Listen to what adam from yms said about it, he pretty much summed up everything that is wrong about it.

It's shit

The Oscars really goofed giving this Wikipedia page of a film all the editing awards especially when going against something like First Man.

Lords of Chaos > Bohemian Rhapsody

Attached: 23454617175786.png (389x522, 54K)

Saying that shows how ignorant and unqualified you are to give an opinion.

Love or hate Queen, they were brilliant musicians, highly educated individuals, and the only band in history to have all 4 members write a number one song.

To compare them to the passing fad bands you just named is pure idioicy.
Queen's popularity has spanned over 4 decades and if there's any doubt about how timeless they are, just look at the latest wave of Gen Z fandom and hysteria over them as Bohemian Rhapsody is introduced to the next generation.

As for the movie though?
It was a glossed over mediocre biopic that messed around with history and felt rushed and shallow. Enjoyable, but totally unworthy of best picture.

Attached: 1547844084797.jpg (396x382, 41K)

bhahahahaha he thinks bands are good because they are popular.

Name? I recognize the face but not the name

s
a
t
a
n

Attached: ...............................................................SATAN.jpg (850x1110, 107K)

THERE IS A GOD IN MAN
thanks

>Why the hell do normies like Queen so much.
Normies pretend to like Queen more than they really do. They know the greatest hits and that's about it. If Normies worshipped Queen the way they worship the Beatles they would have called out Bohemian Rhapsody for being largely fiction.

greatest hits are all you really need with them though. queen are a wildly inconsistent band

While that is true, normies that claim to be huge fans have never heard a single Queen album in its entirety.

i'll agree with that

pathetic and disgusting

but the problem is not only with queen, normies in general don't listen to albums anymore and it's a phenomenon that we'll hardly make better any time soon

Love and Mercy > Bohemnian Rhapsody

Nigga Rami Malek took home best actor for this shit

normies don't listen to albums per se. they make playlists

Which is disgusting

Not a single one of the people that voted has a clue about what is good editing is or are just vastly confused about direction/shot composition.

Here's the thing about Freddie.

Garbage. Won't watch this exploitation of gay culture without the proper recognition of it

Creed is actually good tho not even trying to be ironic

It was an ok biopic that did everything you would expect a biopic to do. If i was a Queen fan i would have loved it.

Just a reminder. This film’s revisionism was wholly done by Queens remaining members.

>Creed is actually good
You misspelled Alter Bridge

Kek

Wow Brian May is a dickhead

Doesn't really matter when both films suck ass.

Sheer hard attack rules \

wow Yea Forums is better than Yea Forums when it comes to movies

and it shows

Yea Forums must be an interesting place right now with the oscars talk

Let me guess.
>Rami posting
>shit flinging either defending Green book as being Best picture worthy or saying green book is basically the worse thing since MLK died.
>vice is actually a good movie guys. I swear.
>wtf. What did this Mexican Fag win best director. REEEEEE
>laugh at Black panther

based

Generic as fuck. Yeah, it was ok but nothing good at all.
Same awful biopic structure. Same cliches. Absolute waste of time, it's literally a bad wiki page.

What do you think of Love and Mercy?

you are pretty much right

they manipulated perfectly fine history to make it fit a 2 hour mediocre drama with trash tier pacing, but I enjoyed it nonetheless because Rami and the songs carried that shit on their backs. I appreciate the amount of autism that went into the Live Aid scene. This is coming from someone who hates fanservice
>I CLAPPED, I CLAPPED WHEN I HEARD THE BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY NOTES ON PIANO

Attached: 1385776051201.png (255x216, 33K)

Not an argument

I wish more people listened to Queen's discography aside from the greatest hits albums, their best music is in their 70s work and few tracks from that era are well known

Checked

No that would be Bread.

Agreed, Sheer Heart Attack is GOAT

we'll be talking about this film soon

youtube.com/watch?v=xigbyaW2yGc&feature=youtu.be

>muh argument

is there any chart like Yea Forumscore, but for Yea Forums? what are their essential movies?

>making the Live Aid concert look like a reunion when they band never actually broke up
>making it look like Mercury broke up the band for his own solo career even though Roger Taylor released a solo album before him
Really makes me think

Honestly I've found that the best discussions of a given topic comes from boards that aren't related to said topic. Happens more than you think

youtube.com/watch?v=TBHrQVdNKZU
Unironically better than most of the shit Yea Forums praises nowadays, and I'm not even a queenfag.

what about music? other boards usually discuss it like a bunch of normies with shallow taste would do

not true, lords of chaos is better than anons here think it is

It started a shitty trend, I dread the day when Stardust releases

>other boards usually discuss it like a bunch of normies with shallow taste would do
For the most part, yeah. Music's definitely more hit or miss in that context.

>I wish more people listened to Queen's discography aside from the greatest hits albums
I think it's one of the most interesting discographies I've ever marathoned. First two albums have prog roots, then they go hard rock/arena rock, then they go for dance pop with synth, then the rest of the discography is a mash up of all those. I can see it being a pain in the ass to sort through the mainstream stuff and the awful stuff to find the best cuts

The movie is great for simple reason of reminding people of what greatness actually is in art, entertainment, performance, music, etc.

I'm so fucking mad at this piece of this movie
Seriously it's so god damn mediocre and bland, the only thing that's good about it is Rami's performance, and sometimes it is even insulting with its pandering and revisionism
But it's so much worse than a forgettable movie, because of the cultural impact it has had. All of the sudden everyone is a fucking Queen fan because of this movie, the other day I was talking with some people and a girl sang a part of "don't stop me now" and saying that she loves Queen, and I just wanted to ask of her what her favorite album is, I guarantee that she would've looked at me blankly, and even if she did know an album she wouldn't have been able to tell me anything about it because she didn't listen to it, and she only says she is a fan because of this FUCKING movie
Seriously I actually really like the first three albums of Queen and I even like some of their later stuff, hell even most of their popular songs aren't bad, and I almost never let a terrible fanbase ruin a band for me, but I have a hard time listening to Queen because of these fucking (and I'm using this word unironically) NORMIES

Queen was never a good band to begin with. It's always been pop music for normies

I only know that American Psycho is their ITAOTS

popular music isn't necessarily bad, also pop music in the 70's isn't remotely similar to current day pop music

because popular songs and freddie was gay

I unironically think Rami deserved the best actor award but it absolutely baffles me that this won best editing.

Watch this. The vice reporters are dumb as fuck, but this guy is extremely fascinating. The hike thing gave me chills

youtube.com/watch?v=32iX5lbVDto

Queen wasn't pop in the 70s at all, they just shifted to pop in the 80s like everyone else and went to shit

But/cut/user/cut/don’t/cut/you/cut/know/cut/that/cut/best/cut/editing/cut/means/cut/most/cut/editing/cut/done/cut/? Scene.

There should honestly be a tutorial that every Oscar voter needs to pass before they ever get to say what is and isn’t good editing or sound design or anything. I’ve seen YouTube poops with better editing. The fucking Suicide squad movie had better editing and that was partial relied on by a movie trailer studio

fpbp

That isn't true at all. Queen were an albums band and everyone who believes they weren't literally has not listened to their albums and is just pretending to have knowledge on a subject about which they know nothing at all.

Do you guys even know what criteria they use to determine best editing?

Look i liked the movie but was a bit put off by the 30 minute gay orgy scene in the middle

Films that don't jump cut every 10 times

Eyes?

It should be how good it is, but it clearly isn't.

A lot of it was gay

If they made this like a 2 part film instead rewrting and mashing the script to fit within a 3hour frame, this wouldve been great. First film is their formation/rise to fame, second one would be darker set around Freddies party lifestyle and illness, etc. Could've allowed much better story telling, as well as displaying more songs outside of their normie hits

Rami nailed the role though. Decent film, but probably wont watch it again for a few years.

Pic related was kino though. Road to God Knows Where is also perfect.

Attached: 20000-days-on-earth.jpg (700x352, 103K)

the first half of the movie cuts so much it gives you nausea but the end scene at live aid goes on for half a fucking hour

agree 100%. They nail the live aid thing though, last scene of the film but that was their first day of shooting.

>music video features band in drag

Attached: 1504594604217699736.gif (360x191, 1.74M)

>Queen is what Imagine Dragons is in the 10's, Nickelback was in 00's and Creed was in the 90's
Not really, Queen was actually good before the 80s, these bands were shit from the get-go

horrible generic biopic, only thing good was rami malek whos from the middle east so i automatically hate him

I just couldn't get past the fact that Rami Malek looked like a fucking bug-eyed Mick Jagger in the movie. Also, some of the dialogue was just painful.

BahahahahahaHA he thinks bands are not good because they are popular

queen is insanely overrated

is there really this? might need to watch now thx

Yeah, that scene was fucked up

That's because Yea Forums is filled with borderline braindead teenagers. I suppose Yea Forums is too but they're contrarian enough to keep things varied and interesting. Yea Forums exclusively just wants to talk about superhero movies, shitty memes like sneed and bane and argue over retarded twitter drama. It's the most lowest common denominator board on the entire site.

Sadly Queen are content with rerereleasing their greatest hits every year , while their albums (which imo most are great) stay mostly obscure. Bohemian Rhapsody the movie had only one song that wasn't on Greatest Hits ffs.

First scene of the movie:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rgu-ESV5cBQ

Bowie did that first

>the hike thing gave me chills
gaahl is such a fucking poser loser lmao

By which you mean Brian May and, in a smaller scale, Talyor.