Satie vs Debussy

I'll be honest I'm no classical aficionado but I've been listening to these two a lot recently

Which do u prefer and why?

Attached: sat.jpg (800x400, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mskURYO7DiA
youtube.com/watch?v=rq1-_UPwYSM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Satie because maximum comfy

more like Shitie and Depussy

Attached: fantano.jpg (1500x1100, 416K)

for me is neither, I dont like slow pace "classical".

:'(

Debussy because Satie wrote music for babies.
youtube.com/watch?v=mskURYO7DiA

you don't do "vs" just like that with these guys
without Satie there wouldn't be Debussy

>that part at 7:28
Yo, that's Ravel's Scarbo -- who ripped of who?

i wonder how many people on this board pronounce them

SAT-tee
DEH-buhs-sy

say tie
dee bus sigh

whos this absolute unit

sa tea aye
deb you see

Debussy because at least he has those piano chops. But they are both retarded noodlers at the end of the day. I'll take Faure, D'indy, Lalo, Ravel, Francaix over either of them any day of the week.

Satie is the most overrated hack ever

>Faure
GOAT
Did D'indy, Lalo, and Francaix even really compose for solo piano?

>I dont like slow pace "classical"
Listen to nightcore versions. Or listen to MIDI versions and increase the tempo.

>retarded
speaking of their intellect, they make Faure, D'indy, Lalo, Ravel or Francaix look like insects
You just like nice musicians, there's nothing to be ashamed of. It doesn't make them particularly intellectual.

i know I've tried to get into it but it's just not my for me, I like more energetic music, prokofiev , mussorgsky etc...

youtube.com/watch?v=rq1-_UPwYSM

Attached: Burmeister_og_Wain_1885_painting[1].jpg (800x587, 375K)

Those composers I listed had better structure and development in their music. Debussy just fucks off and does whatever he feels like (he even says this, its a famous quote). Satie is basically that guy in the /prod/ thread talking about how he's just innately gifted because he can string random chords of uncertain slightly dissonant character together.

But Ravel literally ripped off Debussy.

That's okay. Its not like Scarbo is his most interesting piece anyway. In fact I much pressure Le Gibet myself. But Ravel develops his themes and that's something Debussy does in only a few of his works.

>better structure and development
>impressionism
Oy vey.
>Satie is basically that guy in the /prod/ thread talking about how he's just innately gifted because he can string random chords of uncertain slightly dissonant character together.
Basically speaking, every basic analogy here is basically false and uninformed.

I'm not saying that's what Satie does (sometimes tho) but we all know that guy.

I pronounce Debussy as Day-boo-see

>implying classical can't be slow
you probably don't even like Tchaik 6 or every second movement to every concerto
I mean, Debussy also wrote for babies (Rêverie, Claire de Lune, etc)
/'sɑti/
/dɛ'bysi/
>classical nightcore
I never knew I needed this before

>I mean, Debussy also wrote for babies
He did, but he also wrote the Images and Estampes which aren't for babies.

it's not just Debussy though, Satie also has a few masterpieces under his belt like Je Te Veux, and... ummm...
oh wow I can only think of one good thing he wrote. never mind, carry on

This is like comparing Yanni with Raul di Blasio

>>implying classical can't be slow
>you probably don't even like Tchaik 6 or every second movement to every concerto

what I meant was that some people only consider "classical" as a specific period not the whole genre that's why I put the ""