As bad as this board is now...

As bad as this board is now, could you imagine how even more shitty Yea Forums would be if it was as popular as Yea Forums or Yea Forums?

Attached: shronk.jpg (624x364, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

djrozwell.bandcamp.com/album/none-of-this-is-real
youtube.com/watch?v=s3xOYlFqAeo
vimeo.com/318942858
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yea Forums has the absolute worst taste

I think Yea Forums is fine. A lot of garbage but definitly browsable, enough active posting to be interesting. I like movies but idk what the fuck is going on when I go on Yea Forums

I remember an user on Yea Forums talked about how Yea Forums would mostly talk about foreign and obscure art films pre-2013. Now it's GOT, capeshit, and the most normie shit imaginable. God knows what Yea Forums would be like with a high amount of traffic.

You know here you can post a picture of ariana grande and hit the bump limit basically guaranteed? Over there, post a picture of brie larson as captain marvel and your basically guaranteed to hit the bump limit. Same shit different board.

You're right. I'm just saying that Yea Forums would become even more insufferable if there were more people who went on it like Yea Forums and Yea Forums

Yea Forums is unpopular because most people think about music non-competitively, like "there is no good or bad music", and they can't handle the infinitely-contrarian banter here.
Which is a good thing.

As terrible and memey as so much Yea Forums discussion is, it still has value in that it can be used to discover new music. I've discovered some damn good albums here over the years that I likely wouldn't have seen getting talked about anywhere else, like pic related.

Attached: a3061876186_16.jpg (700x700, 128K)

link?

>most people think about music non-competitively, like "there is no good or bad music",
Eh, not sure about that. How many people do you know say that they listen to everything except country, which they think sucks, or that modern music is trash and Pink Floyd and Queen are the best?

Yea Forums is mainly /pol/fags shilling Mel Gibson

How can you think Yea Forums is more contrarian than Yea Forums?

Yea Forums is actually slowing down, and willl continue so cause there's not much interesting happening in music.

I used to browse both daily and let's say Yea Forums has gone to complete fucking shit.
Now Yea Forums, is another beast, the daily /kpop/ threads and meme's get annoying and old real fast, but you can't say there isn't good music posted on here.
The only reason why I turn up on this site every few months,...
Strangers do love to argue on here tho...

that's the dumbest thing i read all day. music happens non stop 24/7 and it's on you to go out and search for it.
not relying on radio to spoon feed you shit.
good music will come out regardless and so will bad music

the difference is, the people here are only pretending to like Ariana Grande because they think it triggers everyone else. people on Yea Forums actually think capeshit is good

djrozwell.bandcamp.com/album/none-of-this-is-real

The best way I can describe it is cloudy, dungeon synth hip-hop with lots of chopped and screwed samples. Listen to the instructions track and you'll get what the deal is. It's grade-A plunderphonics almost on par with the Avalanches, especially on tracks like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=s3xOYlFqAeo

you wish little faggot, but even digging the underground is not the same.

or Yea Forums is unpopular because most people don't like to have immediately hostile attitudes about music taste rather than discussion. Most people just have surface level music taste/knowledge and as a result dismiss everything else, so I'd say it is competitively

boom shaka laka, knowledge is power

Attached: 1519778632191.png (500x512, 216K)

If that's the case then that's a good thing. I'd rather have a board of users actually passionate about the medium rather than casual listeners.

you are one sad little fucker if you think like this.

at least Yea Forums and Yea Forums are so far gone with their shitposting that it's actually kind of funny. the shitposting to activity ratio on this board is out of whack, and the shitposting isn't even remotely humorous most of the time
honestly i'm not sure if Yea Forums actually genuinely likes anything outside of putting celebrities and a few films/tv shows on a pedestal ironically for being "based and redpilled." Yea Forums is irony poisoned too but at least a considerable amount of people are being honest about what music they like

is Yea Forums popular? its always been shit and for a long time plagued by scum sucking racists, conservatives, and russian goons

like most boards on Yea Forums

Good point actually.
Maybe it's better to say, most people aren't willing to criticize or question their own taste. So they can't make the jump from Pink Floyd and The Beatles to anything more sophisticated or experimental. And so they'll see literally everyone with a contrary opinion to them (i.e. all of Yea Forums) as incompatible.

boo hoo, it's the truth. post 10 great albums from the past 3 years if you're so optimistic fag

>norime

Attached: 152187521312.jpg (200x200, 6K)

the sad thing is that even most knowleagle people left too, what's left is fantanodrones and waifufags

>imagine
the smell
vimeo.com/318942858

Holy shit, Yea Forums's a dumpster fire today.

Yea Forums has no interest in music other than as social capital. They consume enough music that their ability to appreciate the art becomes atrophied and the main goal is to just listen to more obscure stuff.

They are remarkably in love with off-kilter pop music for a board full of people who take pride in their passion for experimental music, and arguments here quickly devolve into interminable baiting between "it sucks" / "no, it's good" / "no, it sucks" because nobody has any basic knowledge of music theory or ability to articulate their opinions beyond "feels."

The few informed listeners of academic music spend their time signaling to the rest of the board and use their taste as leverage to get fifteen minutes of online pseudo-notoriety.

Yea Forums consists of people who aren't as weird as they like to think but use their ample free time and piracy to invest in a hobby that makes them feel special or sophisticated, allowing them to compensate for their lack of social skills and failures in concrete or academic pursuits.

The biggest irony is that the vast majority of Yea Forums is a hivemind ruled by a handful of online tastemakers mostly concerned with maintaining a balance between supporting "alternative" pop that will appeal to misunderstood teenagers and maintaining street cred among bored college students who constantly torrent "experimental" music for their mild amusement, negating the cultivation of individual taste or critical thinking in relation to music.

It's a feedback loop of posturing, masturbatory attitudes, and enough layers of irony to suffocate any hope of meaningful conversation. This last element--irony--is vital to allowing Yea Forums and similar collectives to ignore the reality of their situation and disregard posts as this one with little more than tongue-in-cheek one-word responses.

Deep down you all know you're going nowhere in life and this is all a farce.

This has to be copypasta.

your copy pasta is outdated, nobody gives that much of a shit about now

if only they took pride in listening experimental stuff, maybe they could actually talk about the music

please be a copypasta, otherwise you're taking this shithole too seriously. go outside son, music is supposed to be fun.

Perfect little oriental tits

>torrent
ah, the good old days

Music is music, it is whatever it is to an individual. Some of it has no intention of being taken as fun. I am outside, I'm in my garden on my laptop. Eat a dick up.
Nice!!!

you sound like what you complain of, fag.

if this is not a pasta it is now
not for everyone, to someone it's a job

yes, exactly. you can't define music as fun where it's a form of art. depends on how you look at it.
you could be a casual observer or a hardcore fanatic but saying music is "supposed" to be fun is a bit ignorant, allthough i feel where you're coming from

WOW