/metal/

/metal/ general: oldfags only edition

old thread:

Attached: 22ebaec10b98faf61443ccf889080b20.jpg (1196x1799, 373K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=71T31-dnIPM
youtube.com/watch?v=KnqydY5l9ew
youtube.com/watch?v=4pZLnvfboKM
youtube.com/watch?v=PH5wl11GUAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=p3ta5ahB-6w
youtube.com/watch?v=0iU8UzE4ILE
youtube.com/watch?v=q0c0K5GfdSQOLD
youtube.com/watch?v=5sV2zTMON6E
youtu.be/iG6DSjimNGI
youtube.com/watch?v=dVIMhSCiNZw
youtube.com/watch?v=UEip_hPquy0
youtube.com/watch?v=AwHDcqEDmUs
youtube.com/watch?v=2ocyZhw7yuY
youtube.com/watch?v=NReT4f1bXY0
youtube.com/watch?v=Evc3Xtc84N0
youtube.com/watch?v=m_A__a8iHmY&list=PL0urdMIipxIqwOi1lCAYmazvb72AVSCNR
youtube.com/watch?v=h8TY-qIixt0
youtube.com/watch?v=spd7pXFGupc
youtu.be/jaxNnoKrK9o
youtube.com/watch?v=_Sb46VD5CmA
youtube.com/watch?v=XW56WGyQHWc
youtu.be/6-b0EgsK_gk
youtu.be/x_FGWm6oOr4
youtu.be/EQXCPUpWuto
youtube.com/watch?v=xLF6TZlYqC0
youtube.com/watch?v=pr3x7tS__dE
youtube.com/watch?v=M0DUc--kNbI
youtube.com/watch?v=jRBGztDNNwA
youtube.com/watch?v=X6vB9V4yOVg
youtube.com/watch?v=OjyPbSfLu5c
youtube.com/watch?v=7OT9UHgBY4A
youtube.com/watch?v=hQVWgK3lO0s
youtube.com/watch?v=BPfkK7bcyfE
youtube.com/watch?v=8SPUHGRXQUY
youtube.com/watch?v=BgxjYaJqGKs
youtube.com/watch?v=g5_gFoZ7kYg
youtube.com/watch?v=yLxv6d1ernA
youtube.com/watch?v=tUVr2xnGIEo
youtube.com/watch?v=CreLVhrNWkY
youtube.com/watch?v=RV0je1stuSM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i like chocolate

Here's something for dungeon synth junkies
youtube.com/watch?v=71T31-dnIPM

youtube.com/watch?v=KnqydY5l9ew
deathrash

VARG ON FULL DAMAGE CONTROL
youtube.com/watch?v=4pZLnvfboKM

#VargIsNotADegenerateConfirmed

Attached: 1547950423121.jpg (208x206, 4K)

Testosteruins – “Fuck Sharafuck!”
Hailing from Sweden by way of Tunisia and South Africa, this comically titled duo consists of one multi-instrumentalist playing the blandest form of Modern metal over the weak grunts of the feminist vocalist as she attempts to shed light on child marriages. While an interesting theme that has existed in humanity for thousands of years, feebly growling “DIE MOTHERFUCKER” is just the dumbest thing conceivable. There is little distorsion in the vocals and it sounds like the singer is putting on a voice as the annoying riff goes on until it the band stop trying and just continue chugging. The song reaches a climax that consists of the same riff but with North African percussion on top because the band need some gimmick to distinguish themselves. This is not African Death metal or even metal but just boring mallcore for those who want feminist rhetoric of the lowest order in simple metal form that is made by people with “exotic” origins. At least Castrator tried to make something other than vocal driven nonsense. Replace with any Myspace band for the same dull effect.

>tfw no gf

Attached: acc747541c0a4ed2a66c04bbe212add0.jpg (770x1027, 141K)

Venom sucks.

Attached: Lurns.jpg (280x351, 13K)

Good as time as any to post this
youtube.com/watch?v=PH5wl11GUAQ

Pawns of Christ – “Brink of Life”
This pretty much only has one riff which is a annoying groovy Pantera styled riff. It then has a bit of noodling before going back the initial riff. This is useless music made by people who don’t know what Death metal is and are probably not interested in making good music. This is the type of music for those who pretend to be serial killers but then cry when slapped. Replace with testosterone and Abhorrence for some truly crushing Death metal.

>doesn’t deny being a gross sex addict

(MOANING)

Attached: varggy_style.webm (720x384, 758K)

>tfw gonna fuck a bitch to Infester that also seems to dig black metal and has a Bathory tat
life sure is great when it isn't fucking you up the ass

Attached: smugmeiza04.jpg (228x225, 36K)

Dream Theater – “Paralyzed”
Any pretensions of playing Progressive metal are immediately discarded as the band fully embraces their saccharine modern sound and some of the most popular chord progressions in pop music. This is a verse, chorus, solo affair with the solo being the classic 80s shredder style that goes on for too long before returning to the Linkin Park styled verse and chorus. Replace with the real thing, at least Linkin Park’s first two albums recognized that they were cash grabbing Nu-metal albums and did nothing to masquerade their music as being some higher form of art.

Hello again

In Flames – “Burn”
Standard Melodeath riff with the annoying screams that then breaks into a pop chorus and solo before the vocals returned but with the Korn styled whiny sounds and Metalcore spoken parts in between the growls. The Djent-lite breakdown in the middle just makes this even more monotonous before the whole cycle repeats again. Replace with Cenotaph’s Riding Our Black Oceans for actual Death metal with an emphasis on consonant melodies

based down syndrome snorre playing nintendo

>When I first formed Venom I tended to use natural Henna to dye my hair but these days I use anything I can get my hands on. Whatever the brand, I usually go for the deep red tone. I think it suits me.
>I’m telling you this because one of the reasons I started to dye my hair was that my schoolboy fantasy was Kate Bush and she had lovely red hair. Kate doesn’t know this but I’ve actually duped her into signing an autograph a couple of times at signing sessions. She signed me albums “To Cronos lots of Love Kate Bush” and I even got a kiss off her!
>Actually I’ve kissed her a few times! I think she’d be horrified to know that the bloke she was kissing was the fella who invented black metal! Maybe she’d be fine with it though—I don’t know really. Who cares anyway!

>Cronos: "Not really. The only chick I could fall in love with is Kate Bush!"
>Kate Bush?
>Cronos: "Yeah, I´ve got posters of her all over my walls. I love her, totally. I cried at her gig at the Sunderland Empire a few years ago, then walked home 30 miles with my head in the clouds! I actually met her at a record signing she did at the Virgin store in Newcastle. I took my dinner hour to shoot down there and stood in the queue but I had to get back, so I started running across people´s heads to get to the front, then she kissed me. Maaan, it were fantastic!"

Attached: 1511339535040.jpg (500x674, 44K)

No. Life is only great when you're getting pegged up the bootyhole.

Children of Bodom – “Under Grass and Clover”
It has actually happened, the band have realized that their music is worthless and have decided to release a song consisting of a nursery melody that then leads into the electronic section with start stop guitars.At some point there is an actual riff idea but that makes way for the solo before briefly returning again and the band goes back to dancing for infants. Replace with Judas Priest as this is what the band wants to be.

The Haunted – “Spark”
One of the worst bands to come out of the melodeath movement. This band essentially plays modern hardcore of the most annoying kind. This is just modern hardcore with copy pasted soft parts as the gruff shouts take on a more “emotive” tone while the songs plods forward aimlessly tripping over itself. There is a cool Hard Rock riff with a decent solo at one moment which has no place here before this reverts back to the retarded chorus. Replace with good Hard Rock like Michael Schenker’s Assault Attack

Cradle of Filth – Cryptoriana The Seductiveness of Decay

An interesting concept on occultism in Victorian Britain that is sadly executed with pure stupidity. The songs are all variations on melodies that Maiden and Thin Lizzy have used sandwiched between generic modern metal riffs while pseudo-symphonic synths dominate the mix. Worst of all are Dani Filth’s pseudo vocals that have degraded into puppy screeches and some form of spoken word. An appropriate punishment should be a televised live battle royale with equally useless Dimmu Borgir but each band is armed with copies of their albums and their makeup. Replace with Old Man’s Child Born of The Flickering.

post what you're blasting RIGHT NOW

Attached: windspoem.jpg (600x604, 83K)

based and blackpilled

Dimmu Borgir – Interdimensional Summit(single)

So Nightwish have decided to take ICP’s style and add a croaky voice while stealing from Accept. An annoying chorus comes up at every moment in this song with tasteless Hans Zimmerman synths. The riffs are broken down into the simpler melodies from Metal Heart save for an end of song breakdown. To make this style of music, first steal from a heavy metal band, second add keyboards, third have a vocalist who can’t sing or growl. Replace with Bal-Sagoth’s A black moon broods over Lemuria.

Been thinking of rewatching the Urban Dredd movie, I already saw it two times and loved it both times because fuck is it a great action movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=p3ta5ahB-6w

Varg da playa

The Black Dahlia Murder – Nightbringers

An overly average band that has been championed by the leftist media for being the perfectly castrated easy listening band that they want death metal to represent. While TBDM had the ability to make fairly catchy commercial metal, all traces of that ability have vanished as the same string skipped riffs seem to repeat with very little variation. The drums are pretty much clicks at this point. The vocals have completely deteriorated once again which seems to be recurring with commercial singers. Being fast, technical and melodic is still a good substitute for songcraft in the eyes of the mainstream. Each one of the idiots should focus their efforts into promoting actual death metal since none of them are interested in making music anymore. Replace with Sentenced – North From Here.

youtube.com/watch?v=0iU8UzE4ILE
ESCUCHAD MI PALABRA
UN MANDAMIENTO NUEVO OS DOY
DERRIBAD LAS NACIONES
CON TOLERANCIA Y GOLPES DE AMOOOOOOOR

Attached: sing.png (640x480, 94K)

Between The Buried And Me – Condemned To The Gallows(single)

Shiny keyboards and various electronic effects stay constant as skank beats play alongside randomly changing djent riffs featuring weak harsh vocals and tonal singing without any actual emotion sounding like a cheap imitation of Jon Davis. The arrangements are to blame more than anything as they don’t make any actual sense. The individual riffs are drowned out by everything else making them the best part of the song since you barely hear them and either way they are completely inoffensive. BTBAM need to focus on burying their albums away from the public to save ears everywhere from this total mess. Replace with King Crimson’s Larks’ Tongue in Aspic.

Because someone brought it up last thread. Man I wasn't expecting this level of prog. I never paid much attention to Mayhem.

Attached: Mayhem-Grand-Declaration-of-War-820x829.jpg (820x829, 92K)

Jinjer – King Of Everything

Nu metal mixes with Djent and Metalcore to create the ultimate epidemic in possibly the history of metal. Imagine riffs that make Pantera sound nuanced, melodic parts that make Linkin Park sound virile, arrangements that make Cannibal Corpse seem like actual composers and music that just makes later Cynic sound like Death metal. Jinjer are the Limp Bizkit kids that didn’t have the ability to play Meshuggah or Necrophagist. Efforts must be made to silence this band forever as this is the continuation of the modern metal plague and is influencing the next generation. Mock this band endlessly and convince your local promoters to not have them anywhere near your venues. Replace with music.

gee what would his forbears say about him being a lecher

Attached: giphy (3).gif (500x375, 790K)

Every toilet humor grind band

No! none of these were funny the first time and there is no reason for each person to have five one man projects in this vein. Ridiculous vocals don’t sound brutal nor do third rate groovy riffs. This is the epitome of loser music. None of these bands can be differentiated anyway as the genre is one big meme. Living in your basement and making this kind of music is punishment enough so just ignore, get a decent sound system and enjoy Fleshcrawl’s Descend into The Absurd.

Shes ugly

Attached: 1551054863490.jpg (1178x1798, 777K)

Slugdge – Esoteric Malacology

This was the biggest death metal hype on bandcamp some months ago. They pretend to be smart and people buy it, look at this review even:

“But dig a little deeper, and it becomes clear that Slugdge are not out to write jokey songs that are as big on punchlines as they are on riffs. In Slugdge’s world, the snails and slugs are metaphors for the current state of the world” ~ Random Bandcamp reviewer

How humanity has anything to do with snails I don’t know. This is a lame excuse to hide the fact that those kids are in this to draw attention.

The music however, has a lot in common with snails. Both are slow to develop, boring and weird, yet mollusks are useful as part of the food chain. Riff-salad at its finest, with random bits of technical wankery that go nowhere. Most of their arpeggios do not even lead to a similar amazing riff with creative technical guitars, they are just there for the sake of being there. Wanna listen to something technical that makes sense and contrast it to this?
youtube.com/watch?v=q0c0K5GfdSQOLD

I love that album and have recently gave it another listen as it's been about a year since I first heard it and I like it even more. The new version that came out last year is supposedly even better, so I'm gonna need to check that shit out tomorrow asap.

>celebrity gossip tourists

Attached: 1548997011518.jpg (658x501, 47K)

Philip H. Anselmo & the Illegals – Choosing Stupidity over Virtue

This guy has no clue what metal is. If we consider this as a hardcore album it is the equivalent of collage, riff salad, of literally random riffs thrown together, that if worked upon could have provided some inspiration, but they are just an endless stream of garbage. DMU contest mobile phone recordings have more depth than this one. Go back to making southern/stoner or copying Exhorder!

Anyone heard the new candlemass? Definitely worth the wait imo

>has made two (2) videos dedicated to the "lies" from the Lords of Chaos film but has not once even acknowledged the fact that he is portrayed as a sex fiend
heil odin

Attached: vargjak.jpg (677x775, 51K)

>Nu metal mixes with Djent and Metalcore to create the ultimate epidemic in possibly the history of metal
Ths is a perfect summary of youtube-core shit in general.
Nobody cares what fags have to say
That's the version I'm listening to. You know what's different in it?
It's okay, just sounds like boomers trying to give the fans what they want.

I heard the guitars were more audible and shit, but haven't yet listened myself.

>varg is a gross sex fiend
I've heard about this, but not the actual claims. what were they?

..fail odin

youtube.com/watch?v=5sV2zTMON6E

Attached: 1551051471048.png (450x771, 345K)

He wavered off his traditional way and has sinned.

At the Gates – To Drink From the Cock Itself
This sounds like Christmas carols. It is just unbearably sweet. The songs albeit passionate in moments are boring and full of Iron Maiden gimmicks. This band has built a magnificent statue of themselves, only to be shat upon by pigeons.

Sleep – The Sciences
Vehemently boring, this signifies why drugs should be illegal; only someone high could appreciate this dragging pentatonic piece of junk, which could have been composed by catatonic 13-year olds. Why is stoner metal even considered metal?

In the movie he’s portrayed as fucking anything that moves and desu he did get a girl pregnant when he was 19
L M A O

Sewer – Rektal

Calls itself “extreme blackened gore metal” but it’s mostly Swedecore melodeath. At least two decades after the sub-genre was pronounced clinically dead.

The songs are built around the solos, so you’re basically listening to In Flames/Arch Enemy/Kalmah filler while waiting for the solo because there is nothing else interesting going on.

The song names are incredibly stupid as well, in addition to not making sense (probably by design). Random words thrown together to make a track title, random notes thrown together to make “melodic” music. Same concept.

Example: “Aquatile Sodomy to Heptahedral Obsequial Sphincter Sewage in the Mouth of Satan Crucifix”. That’s the title, not the lyrics.

Also, Sewer needs to stop with the [k]rap… they didn’t even invent it, Mortal Kombat has been doing that since 1992.

Hmmm... Well it sounded great to me. Fucking great album. I'm gonna have to listen again though to see if I missed anything.
Old interviews and stuff. There was a pretty funny recent video where he retconned his whole youth and claimed he was "traditional". Pic related.

Attached: 1548350055946.jpg (1242x1114, 408K)

Made of Hate – Out of Hate

Exactly the same issue as above, the songs are built around the solos. They don’t even try to make coherent songs, they just play two or more variations (just kidding, only two – one for the verse, one for the chorus) of the riffs played by the rhythm guitar as backing during the solo.

These two aren’t the only bands that indulge in this type of lazy songwriting, I could name a few others from the top of my head. Anterior, Bloodshot Dawn, Revocation, the first two Arch Enemy (one being featured below). You probably know a few that fit the pattern as well.

I don’t go out of my way to find these bands though, which leads to believe that there really is a need for a “solo metal” type genre.

These bands should drop the pretense of making music and just masturbate to Van Halen on their own. No need to drag metal into their air guitar fantasies.

Lol I get where you are coming from I was listening with my boomer dad today, great times man

Belphegor – Totenritual

Imagine Marduk, Anaal Nathrakh, Dark Funeral, Six Feet Under, Watain and every war metal band ever had sex. Disregard the suspension of disbelief induced by the thought of Chris Barnes, Ahriman, or the Watain midget having sexual intercourse.

This is what you would get.

Prior to this album, Belphegor sounded like every other Marduk clone ever. A bit more technically proficient, and with a bit of Dark Funeral here and there.

Totenritual changes things a bit as the band attempts to fit in a few more death metal influences (they advertise themselves as blackened death metal). The problem is that rather than death metal, they end up sounding like Six Feet Under.

There’s really a bit of everything in this. Some Anaal Nathrakh. Some Archgoat. Still quite a bit of Marduk. Watain’s patented plagiarized-Beherit-riffs-played-faster.

What you end up with is a compound of all the worst trends in metal.

I don’t say that lightly. The first track (Baphomet) sounds like they are trying to mix modern Cannibal Corpse with Dark Funeral’s tired DMDS-clone riffs.

Belphegor was never good, but I don’t remember them ever being this uninspired.

varg may hate the film, but i guaranteeing he's secretly loving the free press

the film trailer actually says "based on truth and lies", they're still throwing hissy fits

ALL YOUR LIFE IS DEAD PRIEST

Immortal – Northern Chaos Gods

Worse than All Shall Fall?

Demonaz is pretty clever for someone who cosplays as his own brother-in-law.

He knows that blasting + cyclical pop structure + nonsensical songwriting + nu-Mayhem discordant riffs + pseudo atmospheric ambient breaks + early BM vintage thrashy riffs = the formula for a derivative modern black metal sound.

Go ask Belphegor above.

I say Demonaz is clever because he realized that Immortal was known for those things, minus the pop structure, well before they became a trend.

No one would seriously accuse Immortal of being derivative by playing a style they pioneered, right?

The real problem with Northern Chaos Gods is that there was too much effort put into sounding like “old Immortal”, and too little effort put into creating good music. And while the style is that of Pure Holocaust, the substance is closer to a mass produced war metal excuse for touring.

A few years back there was a stupid black metal parody band that was in everyone’s Youtube recommendations, the “Black Satans from Hell” or something related. While officially they mocked the entire black metal genre, it was mainly Immortal who was satirized (they did provide an easy target for the scorn-minded). I never heard their music or watched their videos, but I’m willing to bet that whatever mock metal they played is closer to actual black metal than this album could ever be.

Signed to Nuclear Blast, of all labels.

I'm sure he loves every opportunity life gives him to bitch more so that he could get sucked off in the comments below, so yeah, spot on.

Behemoth – I Loved You at Your Darkest

Before listening to this I had some empathy for retards and Nergal. Neither survived.

Worse than the worst of Arch Enemy. Shit tier pop music in competition with Nicki Minaj to see who can insult your intelligence the most. Soilwork, Kalmah and Whispered make good pop metal, the type that can compete with Justin Bieber. This can’t.

Leave Justin alone, Nergal, you don’t have the skills to challenge “One less lonely gvrl”.

If you thought Sewer’s [k]rap was bad, wait until your taste Behemoth’s t[v]rd literacy. “Coagvla”. I shit yov not. I’m not one to advocate svicide, but sometimes yov’ve gotta pvll the fvcking plvg, dvde.

It’s extremely generic “death” “metal”, the type that usually has 53 views on Youtube and 3 plays on Soundcloud.

Nergal seems to know that, which is why he attempts to insert a multitude of different influences, probably in the hope that someone will acknowledge his music for being “different”. Like a retard, he knows he can’t be good, so he’ll opt for different.

But even at that he fails, as the difference is only superficial.

No amount of sonic novelty or experimentation can hide the feeling of having heard this album a thousand times before.

The experimental nature is a mile wide but an inch deep. A track like Ecclesia Diabolica Catholica contains some elements you don’t usually come across in metal, notably in the vocal department, but as I said it’s not nearly enough to camouflage the generic nature of this release.

Arch Enemy – Stigmata

The myth of Arch Enemy having once made good music needs to die. This and Burning Bridges follow the same pattern as Made of Hate/Sewer, songs built around solos and/or a “catchy” hook or chorus.

The rest of the time you’re listening to speed metal riffs played downtuned and with distortion.

Take the first riff from Venom’s “Black Metal” and the middle one from Darkthrone’s “Unholy Black Metal.”

Alternate every song and you have intro, verse, chorus, bridge, […], outro all in one riff. Just make sure to change the tempo a bit, and maybe alternate between tremolo and single notes so low IQ Arch Enemy fans don’t figure it out.

The riff only changes when it’s time for the solo, that’s when the backing guitars enter a tired minor key chord progression (it’s the same one getting repeatedly gangbanged by the entire Gothenburg scene).

this. He's always touting some bullshit about thinking for yourself but his comments are full of yes men, and if you call him out then he just replies calling you a retard.

Attached: 1550963897656.png (1920x1020, 1.68M)

STOP TALKING ABOUT BARG ITS WHAT HE WANTS

Vital Remains – Icons of Evil

It’s pretty hard to describe the music of Vital Remains, but once you hear it you will agree that it’s annoying.

Vital Remains plays pretty basic speed metal, but they play it FAST AND LOUD, so that makes it death metal I think?

The song Dechristianize, from the previous album, epitomizes their music better than I could describe.

Two pairs of two basic power chords alternate twice, then a climax of sorts, the two pairs of riffs again, the climax again, an outro.

Seems a little short, maybe. What is it, a 50 second grindcore song?

Wrong, it lasts 9 minutes.

Vital Remains play a faster version of Bolt Thrower riffs, with a bit of Sodom and Bathory, but they play it like Nargaroth. That’s how you get 9 minutes of the same four riffs, with zero variation.

And just like Nargaroth, perhaps even worse than him, the songs just drag on and go absolutely nowhere.

Icons of Evil is even worse than its predecessor. Everything Dechristianize did this album does it longer, dumber and manages to be even more irritating.

One positive point is Dave Suzuki’s drumming. But if you listen to bad music only for the (good) drumming, you’re probably blasting nu-Mayhem and Dimmu already.

That's why I love the movie despite being riddled with all sorts of shit, it's a great way to piss of Varg.

>and if you call him out then he just replies calling you a retard.
Chad 'Chad' Chadwick.

retard

based

Attached: 1545615608004.jpg (250x250, 8K)

Blut Aus Nord – Deus Salutis Meæ

Mallcore with keyboards = atmospheric black metal.

This album is ridiculous and very instructive if you’re into putting lipstick on a core band, as Blut Aus Nord use absolutely every trick in the book the take the attention away from the repetitive and boring music they produce.

Every ounce of novelty and genre fusion must be consumed lest the audience realize they are listening to Korn with keyboards.

Is it good?

As entertainment, I guess, but it grows old very quick once the novelty rapidly fades and you’re left with Life is Peachy with weird vocals.

You're right, let's get back to soi-posting and the other rich discussions that pervade this general

broke
woke

Kalmah – Palo

If you play modern melodeath, you’re lazy.

So what happens when you become even lazier?

Not only is Palo very average melodeath, it sounds like Kalmah are recycling their own riffs.

They literally take the verse riff from a They Will Return song and mix it with a Seventh Swamphony chorus, and maybe add a The Black Waltz solo.

Like all Kalmah music, it’s technically solid but gets irritating very fast. There are only two people in the world who can listen to a Kalmah record in its entirety, Ihsahn cause he’s a poser and the Watain guy because he steals riffs from everywhere.

It’s sad that the Finnish melodeath scene is turning to shit as well, courtesy amongst others of their leading and most mainstream band Kalmah (CoB aren’t metal).

Fuck Varg and fuck his followers

Attached: sape.jpg (563x542, 21K)

>stop failing yourself in to a bagina

I wonder if someone shows him this scene, if he will make a video debunking it and how he has NEVER! had breakfast while wearing corpsepaint

Attached: [2019.02.22_17.44.39].jpg (1912x1036, 267K)

>is 46
>looks 66
are these the superior nordic genes i hear about

Attached: dfs.jpg (937x605, 67K)

>mfw Morbid Angel won't play chapel of ghouls live

Attached: 1550551322507.jpg (1456x881, 721K)

>apartment that huge in the 90s in a big city
i can't take this bullshit anymore

>Sepultura - Schizophrenia vinyl
top multiculturalism

I hope you realize that Varg comes from a wealthy family.

Wasn't the 90's the time people could get property more easily and shit or was that way back in the 80's or even 70's in Burgerland?

Bergen (the inner city area) is rich people town. Also everyone in Norway was filthy rich in the 90s, especially Varg's parents.

Anytime up until 9/11

How come the USA hasn't freed the shit out of Norway?

Caveman Cult is good.
youtu.be/iG6DSjimNGI

Attached: Wearg_20-_20Poster_20JPG_original.jpg (2550x1650, 1.52M)

Thinking it isn't up to individual genes. Get a load of this retard

he only looks older because of the beard

Aight, thanks for the correction.

'ate quiet music
'ate slow music
'ate fucking idiots
'ate the politicians
love me rock'n'roll
love me WW paraphernalia
love me ales
love me bass
Simple as

Attached: Lemmy.png (601x596, 886K)

relax sven, cant take a little banter about your precious louis? go tell him how wonderful and brave he is in his video comments

it's Svein for ya bucko

What is the most necro black metal album?

Attached: 1550726303934.jpg (472x505, 48K)

You could say he had Devil's grip, the .
youtube.com/watch?v=dVIMhSCiNZw

necro as it sounds like something dead or undead? Not really sure, but I'd still go with Under A Funeral Moon because Nocturno Culto fucking killed it there.

sexy womyn

necro as in necro

>ales
lemmy didn't drink beer ya simp

Well, no shit man, but what do you constitute under the term "necro" is what I was asking.

fucking NECRO

Bloodlust And Perversion demo

Chuck Schuldiner biopic fucking when

YOU DON'T HAVE TO FUCKING YELL, jeesh. We're all civil folk around these parts, my man.

It's just 1½ hours of him having buttsecks with dudes

Death by Metal

What would it be called? would it be named after one of their albums? One of their songs? His last name?

Wasn't there already a documentary on him? Also fuck biopics if they're not like that Straight Outta Compton one, most of them blow.

hell yeah!!!!!

Cream Booty Hole

he drank everything

these guitars are disgusting, it's tickling my ears

Individual symbolic zombie ritual of perseverance

Go away Varg

Does anybody know why Abbath quit playing bass?

Why? Didn't Death by Metal do enough to prove just how much of a gigantic bitch he was?

he's bassed

Vader – The Empire

I know the Slipknot insult gets thrown around a lot, but I promise that if you take any metal fan who doesn’t know either two bands and put him through a blind test he won’t be able to guess which songs belong to which band.

Vader was always overrated, both as a death metal band and now as a nu metal act. Since I don’t like and thus listen to any of their music, I can’t pinpoint the exact moment when they transitioned to being Slipknot-from-Poland but I can guarantee that this sounds nothing like De Profundis and everything like your basic drain-valve-binge-drinking rapcore.

I can’t believe this and All Hope is Gone were made by two different individuals, so either the Vader dudes work part time as ghostwriters for lame nu metal acts or some of the Slipknot crew wanted to produce something more brutal

This isn’t even Pantera, this is pure Slipknot. The vocalist even matches the delivery style of Corey Taylor.

Just listen to Vader’s “Prayer to the God of War” and Slipknot’s “Feel My Pain” one after the other and tell me which one sounds the most like it was composed while cosplaying as Mushroomhead.

Wait, I made a mistake… both songs I gave you are from Vader/Slypcznok. If you want the Slipknot from America, listen to “Psychosocial”. You still won’t be able to tell the difference.

youtube.com/watch?v=UEip_hPquy0

Six Feet Under – Torment

Honestly, it’s not necessarily worse than the rest of what this band has produced over the years.

That feat, however, is only possible because Six Feet Under is the absolute bottom of the barrel in terms of music.

I don’t remember much Six Feet Under, but out of memory this album differs in four ways:

slightly less rock/pop oriented in songwriting
a bit more “technical,” meaning nonsensical (Origin with no talent)
some parts literal sound like Deathspell Omega, meaning both random and bad
Chris Barnes has no voice anymore, he sounds like your bedroom groovegrind vocalist. I half expected to hear pig squeals during some of the songs.

It’s still very mediocre music.

Dark Funeral – Where Shadows Forever Reign

At least they dropped the stupid Latin names.

Worse than their debut. As generic as it was, songs on The Secrets of the Black Arts at least had some semblance of metal spirit in the way they were composed. “Dark Are The Paths To Eternity” is very average for black metal, the riffs are beyond uninspired and the song is all around not something I would recommend anyone listen to, but at least there was some effort put into building the song out of (admittedly poor) riffs. On Where Shadows Forever Reign there is nothing redeeming: the same riffs as The Secrets of the Black Arts but in a pop verse/chorus format, with no deviation whatsoever.

If you don’t know what a Dark Funeral album is, take the opening riff from “De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas” and play it forever over a few power chords.

Every one of their songs sounds the same except for that one they ripped off of Darkthrone (“Bloodfrozen” “En As I Dype Skogen”).

Kvlt.

Dying Fetus – Wrong One to Fuck With

A mix-mash of old Suffocation and new Cannibal Corpse can’t hide the core, particularly if you breakdown for 30 seconds straight (“Panic Amongst the Herd”) or if you try and fail to be Pig Destroyer (same song, at the 1:20 mark).

Dying Fetus is nonsense, the riffs are terrible and make no sense in relation to one another.

Some bands have average riffs but make them flow well, like Necrophobic, Death and Cannibal Corpse.
Some bands have good riffs but can’t seem to do anything with them, like Archgoat, Gehenna and Carpathian Forest.

When you combine both flaws, there is a question that needs to be asked: why make music?

Dying Fetus has been dodging that question since 1991.

based

The Faceless – In Becoming A Ghost

Steal the keyboards from Dimmu Borgir, take the soft parts from Opeth, the riffs from Deathspell Omega, every terrible metalcore vocal style and then get Necrophagist to play this mess. This guitarist has a heroin addiction so crippling that he’s rumored to backtrack (play a recording of) his solos during live shows. This absolute enslavement to the life destroying narcotic is painfully obvious throughout the album. Hopefully this band continues to cancel shows, mistreat members and steal money from those stupid enough to pay for this. Circus music that never stops randomly switching to entertain monkeys. Replace with Atheist’s Unqestionable Presence for actual Death metal.

It's been a good time posting in the last several hours and I'm know gonna hit the deck, so shine on ya warriors and until next time.

Fleshgod Apocalypse – King

Having written some better than most “tech-death” earlier in their career with Oracles, these Italians had a lot of momentum in being the band to add credibility to the genre but unfortunately they have failed repeatedly and King is the failure that buries this project forever. Epic choirs and romantic piano everywhere show a limited and shallow understanding of classical music and relegate it to an aesthetic gimmick as typical commercial modern death metal drowns everything else out. Pop sections and cheesy power metal melodies that try emulate the grandeur of such music to the simple minded listener fail to impress. Classical music will always make people feel smarter about themselves and that is the ultimate way to get people to spend. Those who stole Fleshgod Apocalypse’s gear, we salute you. Replace with Massacra’s Final Holocaust for a band with a real understanding for both genres.

Artificial Brain – Infrared Horizon (2017)
Porky metalcore vocals alternated with metalcore screams, this technocore riff epilepsy is supposed to appear seriously aggressive and scary, but it only manages to call attention to the awkwardness of the contrast between your poser beard and your manicured hands, which that squared-pattern turtle neck sweater does not help with either.

Verdict: Square-Shaped Dildo Frantic Sodomization
Replace with: Maleficarum – Across the Heavens (1995)

>pretend I don’t like going to shows for vague bullshit reasons
>it’s actually because I’m a self conscious insecure sperg
how can I get over it

Liturgy – The Ark Work

No band in post black metal has been as big a failure as Liturgy. Founded by the grandson of billionaire oil tycoon H.L. Hunt, Liturgy appeared positioned to be modern metal’s most prosperous band. With an unlimited bankroll and journalist connections from his trust-fund activist sister, Hunter-Hunt Hendrix quickly became a beacon of controversy when he published his “black metal manifesto” term paper for Columbia University (whose professors and admissions are often bought by rich parents, producing great marks for mediocrity), in which he boldly proclaimed that his creation of “transcendental metal” was both the antithesis to black metal and it’s ultimate perfection. In reality, his document was poorly researched, sourced, and written and ultimately his music was just post rock with harsher distortion. Still, Hunter managed to con gullible lefty journalists into gushing over Liturgy and fool booking agents into booking the band alongside Metallica. Liturgy even made an acting appearance in an episode of “The Blacklist” (although nobody old enough to be duped into thinking Liturgy is good is watching prime time television).

Liturgy was groomed to be a star, however one problem remained: nobody actually liked Liturgy’s music. Liturgy are the Hillary Clinton of onions metal. Despite all of the hype, trendy hipster aesthetics, money, and promotion, Liturgy currently only has an embarrassing 18,192 likes on their official Facebook page. Just to put things in perspective, that’s less than Kult Ov Azazel, Beherit, and… fucking Archgoat! I am not fucking shitting you- fucking Archgoat is actually more popular than hipster darlings Liturgy!!! In an era where music sharing didn’t exist, Liturgy may have been able to get away with a large number of sales, but while their theatrics were known to many- their music would be enjoyed by few.

The Ark Work is not the completed evolution of black metal, but the completed evolution of a spoiled trust fund kid who had a phase where he was into Burzum for a short time. Much like kids like Hunter, the album is noisy, obnoxious, and generally unpleasant to encounter. The opening song was played in such a high octave that it was actually painful to listen to, and if your dog is in the room he will surely start barking. There is absolutely no logic to any of he composition or structure, which is probably the result of Hunter being told his disastrous art projects are good because his professors were fishing for that H.L. Hunt donation money. One must ask, what purpose does an album that irritates its listener serve? As a “haha, gotcha?” If so, the joke has been published and purchased and quickly discarded. If it is to to be ironic, that it’s like “dude, its like, so smart it’s bad” than haha, I get it. But if the music is meant to serve any shred of artistic or intellectual integrity whatsoever, it has completely and unfathomably failed. Where the teachers of Hunter have failed to give him an F, I will succeed: Hunter, this album is the work of a failed musician whose delusional Bushwick bubble will be broken by a meaningless career and legacy.

Wolves in the Throne Room – Celestite

Wolves in the Throne room have had some descent parts on their debut album, Diadem of 12 Stars, but an 11 year career comprised of only one riffing and drumming style has unveiled them to be a one trick pony. Formed on a hick farm in California by two brothers rumored to be incestuous homosexuals (along with a guitarist who allegedly doubles as a threesome partner), Wolves in the Throne room pandered to a growingly feminized crowd of metalheads who want to listen to Burzum but prefer something less edgy. They got lots of media publicity not for quality music, but instead for outrageous Velvet-Cacoon-like gimmicks such as torch-lit shows and an organic, environmental friendly lifestyle. This resonated well with gullible Cali hipsters, who gobbled up their albums when drone music and heroin addictions were in style.

With absolutely nothing threatening or violent about them (unlike their predecessor, Leviathan), Wolves in the Throne Room were able to reach the masses and, in turn, lay down a foundation for may onions metal bands to follow: have generic uninspired riffs that focus solely on mood, get female indie vocalists to sing over ambient interludes, offer absolutely nothing new musically that wasn’t done before by Burzum, and use gimmicks and non-metal aesthetics to promote your music. Yet after a few years, Wolves in the Throne Room were abandoned by virtually all of their fans: the actual metalheads that enjoyed their early album figured out that they were trendy and useless, and the fake metalheads went on to glorify the onions metal bands that were less and less metal. Wolves were forgotten.

Didn’t one of Metallica’s roadies challenge HHH to a fight?

youtube.com/watch?v=AwHDcqEDmUs

Attached: 35477288.png (500x386, 196K)

can you permaban the review spammer autist

>Under A Funeral Moon
First thing I ever heard. hundreds of albums later it is still the last word as far as I'm concerned

Normally I would agree but He’s the only thing staving off the lords of chaos horde

spirrrit CRUSHYAA

The only decent thing to come out of his last album

I'm starting to think it's a bot that gets triggered at the mention of it/bands and people in it.

The only thing that could’ve triggered it in the thread was “dungeon synth”

Kinda same with me, it's the album that got me into black metal and still remains one of my favorites years after. To Walk the Infernal Fields is fantastic.

>
>staving off
You hate funposting and would rather prefer some faggot spamming the board with shit that nobody cares about? Come on, I'm not really big on it either, but don't have anything against people talking and/or shitposting about it.

Attached: 1550241394727.gif (587x702, 113K)

Attached: nldwburzum.png (891x890, 1.36M)

>Founded by the grandson of billionaire oil tycoon H.L. Hunt,
true?

No Euro No Varg

Having exhausted their ability to ripoff Burzum’s metal albums, Wolves in the Throne Room went on to ripoff Burzum’s ambient albums on Celestite. Named after a crystal you buy at weird new age shops run by fat women with cats, the album is ultimately a hybrid of Burzum outros and goth metal keyboards. The selected instruments poorly compliment one another, and ultimately the album sounds like a bunch of short ambient pieces chopped and and randomly assorted together. While this formula was effective for Apex Twin, WITTR failed to match their ability to create interesting, moving pieces. Instead, the album sounds like a weird collection of sounds made by weird dudes on a farm, and somehow is worse than Daudi Balders. Since Celestite was not recorded from prison, there is no excuse- Wolves in the Throne room are just tired a gimmick that no longer works for anyone.

Altar of Plagues – Teethed Glory and Injury

Altar of Plagues prove the invalidity of Metal Archives’ determination of “what is metal” more than any of the 121,000 bands featured on the site. For them to argue that this band is more metal than Avenged Sevenfold or Mudvayne is beyond foolish as both bands (while still terrible) have more metal riffs, metal characteristics, and metal personality than Altar of Plagues ever did throughout their 3 album career. For Altar of Plagues is actually an ambient/post rock band, but because they have short segments of screamed vocals and blast beats, some outrageously retarded neckbeards have actually been duped into thinking they are a metal band. Being one of the most popular bands from Ireland marketed as metal, they have ensured that anything the emerald isle produces henceforth will be met with great skepticism.

Teethed Glory and Injury sounds like every Altar of Plagues album: 30 minutes of mindless drone/post rock dribble, 4 or 5 minutes of blast beats, and 10-15 minutes of math rock. But because of those 4 minutes of blast beats and screamed vocals (despite being under a post rock/math rock riff with distortion), CNN-wannabe metal journalists will try to tell you that Altar of Plagues is black metal. They are not. They are only able to be called “post-black metal” because post black metal is a derivative of onions metal, not black metal or even metal at all. What you see on this album cover is exactly what you get- performance art garbage in music form. Fortunately for the world, main man James Kelly has dissolved Altar of Plagues to continue making experimental indie music that is not marketed as that of another genre.

Ghost Bath – Starmouner

Once and awhile, major labels like Metal Blade and Nuclear Blast will sign a flavor of the week band to a soul-destroying multi album record deal so they can make a quick buck off them and then ensure they will never record an album with another label again. Ghost Bath is an example of this: picked up by Nuclear Blast last year, Ghost Bath’s sole album on the label was so poorly received that I can guarantee you that you will never hear from this band again. Unfortunately for Nuclear Blast, the manufactured hype around this band was so temporary and fleeting that they only way they would have been able to make any money is if the deal was shoved up Ghost Bath’s ass while their horrible but fiscally successful second album was still out to press.

Much like that ridiculous “Islamic one woman black metal” prank that was on Facebook a number of years ago, Ghost Bath’s entire career was built off of scamming the oft-discredited music journalist Kim Kelly. Kelly, who writes for the notoriously low paying VICE Magazine’s web blog when she isn’t committing acts of Antifa terrorism or checking the tickets at the doors of shitty Williamsburg clubs, was somehow duped into gushing over the band because they listed “China” as their home country on their Facebook page. In one of the most hilarious happenings in all of music history, Ghost Bath were universally acclaimed by fake news leftist metal media only for it to be revealed that the band are actually a bunch of young white kids from the midwestern United States who have no Asian heritage or ancestry. Suddenly, the social justice warrior media elite were off the Ghost Bath train, but not before exposing their terrible music to thousands of gullible hipster losers. The pullback was too late: people were buying Ghost Bath’s Moonlover album based solely on its artwork and Silencer-ripoff vocals.

what's the spammer even trying to do? get (You)s? flood the thread so it dies quicker?

Attached: 1532631372482.jpg (1280x1024, 171K)

By the time Nuclear Blast threw a deal at the band, they had convinced themselves that they were good musicians and creative geniuses. Big mistake- as Starmourner mirrored the disastrous sound of 16 year olds starting their first band and recording it. Essentially, the music is AFI’s Sing the Sorrow but with Silencer’s vocal style. I kid you not- the album is straight screamo with “woman shriek” vocals and novice instrumentation. There is a video on YouTube somewhere that indicates some of the riffs appearing in the theme song to Beverly Hills 90210. Some of the leads are so embarrassing one again questions if the band tried to suck on purpose.

Toxic Holocaust – From the Ashes of Nuclear Destruction: This is not bad music, but it’s an imitation of something in the rearview mirror, which is hard enough without a tendency to combine the worst aspects of several genres. The songs are chaotic like American thrash, but then like German speed metal, they’re very chanty with lots of chorus activity and not much deviation from that rhythm and the chord progression that carries it. In fact, this was the kind of music that back in the 1980s, drove people to Metallica and Slayer for more of a musical experience. Most of what you get with Toxic Holocaust is like a suburban rap album, which is to say that you hear the vocals and pick up their rhythm, and then there’s distracting stuff going on in the background. Whatever the chorus is gets hammered in your brain because it repeats again and again (and again, and again). Riffs are very similar, and derive from identifiable archetypes in classic speed metal songs. Like most of those bands in the 1980s, it’s hard to construct an argument against this. It isn’t musically incompetent, and it’s roughly of the same style, and it’s definitely metally as opposed to the alt-indie-nu crowd. However, really the question is what’s missing, and we can’t spot it because neither it nor an analogue is there. This band lacks purpose. Songs are there to be like other songs, not to express something unique. While nostalgia is neat and all, this puts Toxic Holocaust in the same camp as the big pop bands, who are just making songs to sound like other successful songs, be catchy and make people dance.

Rest in Peace /metal/ general.

You will not be missed.

Attached: 1548975008816.png (574x430, 204K)

more ‘Lords Of Chaos' interviews
youtube.com/watch?v=2ocyZhw7yuY

Attached: oy vey.jpg (1200x1200, 393K)

Soen – Cognitive: Somehow, people say they’re doing what they’re afraid they’re not doing. Soen is nu-progressive metal, which means that it’s basically a very vocals-intense, “passionate” form of indie rock — think post-1990s style drama-intense male vocalist nonsense — with occasional metal riffs. If you don’t mind the discount Morrisey style vocals, you will not be immediately set off by this album, but the grim fact is that this style of music is easy to produce and bands are a dime a dozen. These “deep” vocals end up sounding more like someone belting out over-emphatic drama, mainly because once you strip aside the technique, there’s little actual variation. The metal riffs can be surprisingly good but not original. It’s amazing how people have been making this style of music for decades and yet it doesn’t occur to each generation that maybe, just maybe, this stuff isn’t as new and revolutionary as it claims. If you like regular rock music, and want it to have more soul-searching vocals that override the other form factors, as in Coldplay, you’ll really dig this. If you’re looking for metal, you’ll end up fast-forwarding between the metal riffs and have a 2.3 minute album here.

Asphyx – Deathhammer

I had high hopes for this, but an unsettling feeling with Wannes Gubbels having left the band. During the Wannes years, Asphyx went from trying to make two riff songs that carried themselves on pure rhythm, and instead tried to make mood shifting experiences that used melody and harmony as well as greater texture to create a sense of having gone somewhere. This new song is entirely circular. It goes nowhere; its precepts equal its conclusions. Instead, you get a horrifically catchy song that is pure rhythm and uses melody only as a hook but then drops it, leaving you in grinding chromatic land as your brain atrophies. They cannot possibly say “deathhammer” one more time can — oh. Oh. And again. Again. Oh. It keeps on going. This song is only 2:30 or so, but it feels like The War of the Roses. As one forum poster noted, this may be a Hail of Bullets song more than an Asphyx song. Gone is the old school heavy mood. It has been replaced by dressed-up pop. It’s as repetitive as Justin Bieber, and that isn’t lightened by the fact that these guys howl about the joy of endless war instead of teeny sugar pop training-bra romances. Asphyx has completely lost direction and forgotten what made them great, which was not “smashing riffs” but “smashing riffs in epic songs.” Even the riffs are dumbed down, like the recent Pestilence output. I have zero incentive to buy the album or even download it.

get attention from retards like you

Any rap fans in here?
youtube.com/watch?v=NReT4f1bXY0

Krallice – Years Past Matter

Well hey, at least we know. Thanks to Krallice, we all know how far music degrees and rich parents will get you in the metal scene (not far). Formed by a bunch of anal retentive gear geeks, Krallice plays a technical variant of the first wave of (bad) screamo bands ala Thrice, Glassjaw, and Thursday. The music has no feeling and is just a bunch of random scales and modes played in no particular order and the titles just feature the letter “I” typed a random number of times. For awhile, the band had a big following in Brooklyn as the rent of the drummer and bassist were being paid by their rich Upper West Side parents. But eventually their parents cut them off and they ended up working shit jobs while the guitarist pursued a successful career as a studio owner and audio engineer. Krallice will still play shows in their hometown once in awhile, but the title of Years Past Matter was a dark description of Krallice’s career- for the band was formed years past the period where this kind of music mattered to anyone.

I dunno, looks like it's exactly what I thought.
See

Agalloch – The Mantle

Famed for having shows that are more populated by “women” than “men,” Agalloch play gentle metallic rock for the sensitive spirit. Completely devoid of anger, power, or masculinity, Agalloch are the very elk that is featured on the cover of their 2002 album The Mantle… tame, endangered, and hunted by men. Fortunately Agalloch finally broke up as the band’s aging singer is showing some signs of Alzheimer. Rest in the piss of your entire career, sweet gentle man.

>rap
more like crap lol

Attached: 1429850942437.gif (340x340, 134K)

varg's family is rich bro

Deafheaven – Sunbather

I saved the most popular band of this terrible wave of music for last, as they have caused the world the most grief yet will probably be the only ones to survive after this trend. Formed by two failed metalcore musicians, the pair took the path of all “core” scene kids and became hipsters. While consuming a heavy diet of post rock, shoe gaze, and hallucinogenic experimental research chemicals like 2-CI and 2-CE, Deafheaven stumbled upon Burzum’s Filosofem album and were instantly inspired to become a metal band. The band however ended up playing up every indie rock subshoot instead and simply added the vocal style of The Black Dahlia Murder. This was enough to convince a number of gullible young retards into thinking this was the “next big movement in metal.”

Great critical praise was heaped on Deafheaven for the Sunbather album by the indie rock press and the failed metal journalists that tried to stay relevant by emulating them. But truthfully, the music was- no joke here- straight pop punk played in the tremolo shoegaze style. Seriously, if you swap out the vocals with Tom DeLounge’s you would instantly think it’s a new Blink-182 album. It’s the same riffs, the same scales, and just some spacier Shoegazey guitars. None of the Aesthetics of the band members or the logo/artwork is even remotely metal. The lyrics have something to do with driving around rich neighborhoods and creepily looking at roasties with binoculars knowing they’ll never be able to make enough money or produce enough testosterone to land a woman like that (seriously, read the title track lyrics, I’m not even making this up).

Gravediggaz' Six Feet Deep is pretty stellar my dude, check that track as it's pure fire. They don't have them flows like they used to. :(

First for portal

Attached: portal-band.jpg (480x646, 82K)

Deafheaven may be the most popular post black metal band, and are the only one that will be able to continue touring, but great misfortune has sealed Deafheaven’s fate. For unlike other bands that capitalized on flavor-of-the-week metal trends, Deafheaven represented the fiscally poorest era of metal. While they have snazzy Instagram accounts and take pictures with other pseudo celebrities, the music industry was so broke by the time they came around that they will be guaranteed to be living with roommates for the rest of their lives. It sucks so bad for Deafheaven, because not only is the industry broker than ever- the women that go to these shows are the ugliest women that have ever went to metal shows. Since Deafheaven existed entirely in the age of feminism and progressive liberal degeneracy most females at their shows don’t wear makeup, destroy their faces and ears with hideous piercings, and are grossly overweight. Worst of all, many now have penises, but they probably won’t tell you that until it’s too late.

Many were furious at how grotesquely the band bastardized the black metal genre, but we can all find solace in the fact that Deafheaven will die poor, die having fucked the ugliest metal girls in history, and die having failed to achieve their dream of making a living off their music.

imagine unironically listening to nigger music lmao

What if we reviewed the review bot?

Attached: CFF599A3-EA7F-4930-88F4-7007B5F24EB7.jpg (395x483, 53K)

They already did a Freddie Mercury one and Halford will get one soon. People will be burned out on movies on queer front men before they get to Chuck

Post your favorite Immortal lyric.

Elton John as well.

post Abbath eating a hot dog

THE WIND OF RED I RODE
THE WIND OF EVIL COOOOOOOOOOOLD

post Abbath snitching on everyone else in the scene

ararara rarararr rararaaa arrr raaaaaaa

>BLEECHHH!!

Tomb Mold – Manor of Infinite Forms (2018)

Attempting to reach the apex of the Incantaclone genre, Tomb Mold manages to set itself apart by composing their songs around riff tropes popularized by bands within the “progressive” hardcore genre like mid-period Baroness, Coalesce and Breather Resist. While inexperienced listeners will be duped by the attempt at a suffocating atmosphere through the old-school production value and cave-bellowed vocals, death metal fans will discover that the bouncy rhythms and often silly melodies betray a menacing vibe and the few riffs that do recall Incantation are uninspired at best.

Replace with: Iniquity – The Hidden Lore (1998)

not a lyric but ABAT

Solar Demise – Archaic War (2018)

While Gruesome is seemingly going about ripping off each Death album with every record they release, Solar Demise has gotten to the Individual Thought Patterns record first, and choosing the record where Death really came off the rails to build your sound upon makes this release an uphill battle. What sets it apart is how amateurish the band is in all facets, from arrangement to melodic choices to performance. Marketed as a technical death metal band, the amount of sloppiness here is almost endearing, and given the quantization of all other current metal releases this just may be a marvel of modern recording. If there is vacancy on whatever planet this drummer recorded his takes on, I’ll pack my bags, as my perception of reality is no longer suitable.

Replace with: Strangulation – Between Nothing and Eternity (1995)

Other than Samoth and Faust who else ratted out Varg?

me

In Flames: Colony
Trend: Melodic Death Metal (1995-1999)
Other Famous Offenders: Soilwork, The Haunted, Arch Enemy

Melody in death metal was an interesting and enjoyable concept that strengthened a genre that was starting to see repetition around 1993. Bands from America and Sweden were increasingly injecting melody and more classical influence to a genre that was more rooted in thrash metal or jazz music. The results were initially great, especially in Swedish pioneers like Dissection and the early work of At the Gates. But by 1995, bands started losing their discipline and abandoning the death metal altogether. The result was melodic death metal: initially a more classically inspired harmonic scale version of death metal, but eventually just power-pop music with death growls. Eventually, a point was reached were the ONLY part of the music that was even remotely “death metal” was the guttural vocals.
Many felt that the overtly happy melodies and pop-isms on the breakthrough In Flames album The Jester Race were forgivable, given the enjoyable acoustic guitar parts and the classic Iron Maiden harmonies. But by the time In Flames got to Colony, everything even remotely death metal was gone and the band was trying to play the most danceable music they were capable of. Jolly, happy go lucky chord progressions with hardcore vocals makes for a really embarrassing listening experience for anyone with some testosterone left in their system. In Flames would only get worse from here, and move on to become a clone of Korn on their 2004 disasterpiece Soundtrack to Your Escape.

But what’s most ridiculous is the swap of epic failures that happened between Sweden and the United States at the turn of the millennium

American metal bands would base their entire sound off the final (and worst at the time) At the Gates album Slaughter of the Soul and create metalcore, while almost every mainstream Swedish metal band from In Flames to Soilwork would co opt the nu-metal genre that America had left behind. Some would even wear the fucking basketball jerseys!

Lords of Chaos should have had Varg eat a bowl of cereal instead of making chocolate milk and then he could say I like them crispy

Hate Eternal: I Monarch
Trend: Nu Death (2002-2005)
Other Notable Offenders: Kataklysm, Vader, Nile

Speaking of nu metal, the genre’s ultimate death around 2002 left a number of poor, low-IQ metalheads feeling lost and uncertain. With slam and deathcore still a few years away, many found their way into basic death metal either temporarily (which was most cases) or permanently which leads us to the long haired but anorexic metal losers in Behemoth shirts we often find working at guitar center. Both of these groups adopted a few of the top selling death metal bands from the classic era (Deicide, Suffocation) but would ultimately gravitate to a sad flavor of the week trend of the early 2000’s I like to call “Nu death.” Featuring guitars that were tuned lower (closer to the nu metal tunings these fans were used to), vocals that were more shot out and un-intimidating, plastic cookie cutter production, and simplistic brainless riffing and composition, nu death seemed death metal on its exterior but in reality bared much more resemblance to its nu metal predecessor.

Hate Eternal’s I Monarch is a perfect example of the chuggy, brainless power cord and octave riffing style that would define this sad wave of forgettable soundscapes. In his best attempt to recreate one of Morbid Angel’s worst albums in Domination (minus Trey’s weird ambient shit and Quake II influences), Erik Rutan cashes on his short tenure with the aforementioned band without playing a single memorable riff.

By 2010, nearly everyone who had listened to this album had completely forgotten its existence and replaced it with heavier and dumber sounding deathcore. But some nu death fans remain stuck in this time capsule and refuse everything that came before and after it, as the lack of a father figure in their lives leaves them permanently in a minimum wage and live-with-mom state.

ŒEGGHHH

Job for A Cowboy: Doom
Trend: Deathcore
Other Notable Offenders: Suicide Silence, Whitechapel, Thy Art Is Murder

The final mainstream death metal trend before the ultimate epilogue of rock and metal, Deathcore hung around so long only because there was not another flavor of the week death metal trend supersede it. Continuing leaf metal’s linear song structures (riff salads) and breakdowns while blending it with guttural death metal vocals and a slight death metal guitar technique, deathcore funneled the worst elements of its preceding trends into one meaningless mess of irrelevance. Popular amongst rural and suburban trailer park kids with tattoos on their face, hands, and neck, deathcore was mostly dominated by Suicide Silence, who outshone all of the others not in their musical ability but instead through their totalitarian merch and marketing schemes. Deathcore was the last stand of the “scene kid” cultural movement which began in metalcore and continued through leaf metal and then crunkcore. After deathcore these personalities would finally shed their scene skin entirely as they adopted the cultural communism of hipsterism and indie rock/metal.
Arizona’s Job for a Cowboy would never escape the stigma of their breakout EP Doom. While the CD’s cover art is among my favorite artwork ever, the sound of the music blended all of the tropes of various flavor of the week metal trends into one disgusting mess. Combining The Black Dahlia murder’s metalcore with deathcore structures and slammin’ gore’s pig squeal vocals, the EP went from “YouTube viral metal” to “a running joke among everyone” and finally became the “Justin Biberism of death metal” (as Bieberisms were popular at this time) with even deathcore fans considering it Bieber-tier. J-FACK would go on to drop the pig noises and metalcore parts spend the rest of their career trying to convince everyone that they were a real death metal band but would never shed the stigmas of Doom.

Biopics as a whole suck. It's no less lazy than MCU shit. It's just taking a famous person and making their life story into a spectacle.
It's just as much of a cash grab, albeit a slightly more tasteful one than franchise movies.

I’m sure he especially loved being portrayed in the film by a Jew.

Cradle of Filth- Dusk and her Embrace (1996)

Trend: Gothic Black Metal (1996-2003)

Other Infamous Offenders: Dimmu Borgir, …And Oceans, Theatre Des Vampyres

The early works of Emperor and Arcturus proved that the keyboard could be a useful tool in crafting sinister black metal soundscapes. The addition of strings choirs gave an epic, cinematic contrast to the oft dissonant guitar playing that defined the genre since its schism. What was used as an accent to songs by Celtic Frost’s “Necromantical Screams” and Bathory’s “Woman of Dark Desires” worked successfully when utilized as a main instrument that played through much of the songs.

But around this time, a strange cultural development was at hand- the 90’s goth. While the 80’s goth scene was restricted mostly to wealthy children of city elites, a new wave of white trash citizens began donning the dracula-dressup like capes, all black clothes and dark makeup. Somewhat of an offshot from the Korn/Nu Metal “I’m just a freak, rawr!” types began drawn to the aesthetics of black metal corpse paint. The utter rejection of social (and especially religious) institution that was in black metal culture and aesthetics was in paraell to their desperation for a community that wouldn’t beat the shit out of them in gym class. Thus, many began infiltrated the knit-tight scene of black metal. And thanks to Mayhem’s legendary vocalist Dead, gothic romantacizm found it’s way into black metal since its earliest days.

Suddenly, black metal bands started realizing they could get girls to come to their shows by adding pornographic vampire imagry, gothic love songs, and Darkwave influences into their music. And unfortunately, this wave of shopping mall metalheads- led by Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, and …And Oceans started seeing themselves labeld as “black metal.”

But while some tremolo picking and screechy vocals was involved the music itself was actually a bizarre form of gothic metal instead.

Cradle of Filth’s utter bastardization of music found in their 1996 work Dusk… and Her Embrace was the most clear cut example of this. With minor scale doom metal coupled with atmospheric keyboards and the odd thrash metal riff here and there, the album presented a sonic version of Tim Burton style horror that was completely void of the aggression and utter defiance of black metal. Singing love songs coupled with the vocals/spoken word of the fattest woman in metal history, Cradle of Filth’s circus-attraction music was so offensive to fans of the metal community that they unanimously cheered when a crazed Cincinati concertgoer stabbed a bunch of their horribly smelling fans at one of their shows. Because of this group of bands, keyboards became taboo in actual black metal and remain so to this day.

>Since Deafheaven existed entirely in the age of feminism and progressive liberal degeneracy most females at their shows don’t wear makeup, destroy their faces and ears with hideous piercings, and are grossly overweight. Worst of all, many now have penises, but they probably won’t tell you that until it’s too late.
lol @ dmu shitheads

Black Witchery – Inferno of Sacred Destruction

Trend: War Metal (Fleeting periods between 2000 and 2018)

Worst Offenders: Every war metal band since Beherit

War metal is always the fallback flavor of the week black metal trend whenever we’re in between flavor of the week black metal trends. The music genre closest related to nu metals, war metal is the lowest IQ form of metal and often is listened to by the dumbest fans in the history of metal. With no band able to muster more than 25 minutes on a full length and entire albums consisting of only power chords, nu metal rarely features notes outside of a one-octave registrar. The only case in exception is the random assignment of notes in it’s out of key “guitar solos.”

Like it’s nearest ancestor in nu metal, every war metal album is dumber and more simplified than the one before it, so by the time Black Witchery came around with Inferno of Sacred Destruction there was already no life, interest, or reason to listen to this music. Nothing new is offered, the lyrics are nonsense, the solos are nonsense, and it’s nearly impossible to remember any of the riffs even after 2 or 3 listens. With no memorable music, no meaning to the lyrics, and no reason to take out 24 minutes out of your life (which become a long 24 minutes when listening to this), it becomes clear that this album only exists so the band can sell more merch. It’s nothing more than salesmanship made by drunk and drugged low IQ retards. Not music, not evil, not anything more than 24 minutes of noise the band and label could use to con the mentally deficient into making a couple of quick sales.

>Biopics as a whole suck

The only ones I ever thought were OK were about people I didn't know anything about, then I looked them up and found out the movie was woefully wrong on so many things, every single time. I don't watch biopics at all now.

>While the 80’s goth scene was restricted mostly to wealthy children of city elites

This is just wrong.

Watch that Straight Outta Compton one as it's a good movie.

>Biopics as a whole suck.
not true
there are great biographic films like the old 'Moliere'

Annihilator– “All For You”

Jeff Waters was pretty much bankrupt in song ideas by the end of Never, Neverland. Though following albums did contain some decent ideas sprinkled finely between mediocre speed/heavy metal nothing can compare to the train wreck being presented here. A song about divorce with a music video that contrasts pop star mannerisms with a wannabe Pantera clone. A simple palm muted chromatic descent that sounds like a retarded Exodus. Drums are pretty much holding the same beat like a metronome due to the shame of playing on such a song. An unrelated guitar break taken from any mid 90’s rock band appears in the middle of the song to break up the one riff. While this may sound like standard midlife crisis metal, one element pushes it above that. Dave Padden’s vocals that alternate between an emo whine and an angry processed whisper with lyrics written by a 10 year old. This is the St Anger of competent musicians and for their crimes: I Nicholas Vahdias issue a fatwa upon the vocal chords of Dave Padden and will reward anyone who rips them out.

It's a post from DMU, don't think much of it as it's written by some fucking sperg. Just ignore or laugh at it.

Silencer – “Death-Pierce me”

Starting with the kind of contemplative intro Mercyful Fate would use on their later outings that perfectly sets the tone until two note tremolo picked riffs appear and never stop as the last ever castrati graces us with his beautiful voice that is neither melodic, vicious nor anything really. He yelps randomly for no reason as the music transforms into third rate Mayhem worship. Sometimes we are treated to old man groans as the singer tries to add more variety in his vocals. A piano and a final riff where an actual mental breakdown occurs as the singer almost touches upon the feeling of deep and suicidal sadness but fails due to the timbre of the voice and the lack of musicality of it all. Though depression is a natural step in all human lives and something most of us get out off through hard work and attrition and that forges character. Silencer is the work of charlatans scamming those who don’t have the necessary guidance to escape such situations. Let this singer suffer the torture of the great NWN Tranny Rapist and may all those who have had to hear this be reimbursed greatly.

Didn't it leave out some of the worst stuff? Stuff that they couldn't pass off as cool and edgy?

I don't know and I don't really fucking care, but it was a good movie and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Pantera – “Walk”

A half riff, pseudo tough guy pandering meet useless rhythm section and directionless guitar theatrics while being fronted by a literal manchild that reeks desperation his attempts to sound tough. This is the story of the ultimate glam band that managed to stay relevant after glam died away by choosing to identify with the most retarded audience on earth. Possibly one of the most influential bands on earth thanks to their simplified one breakdowns, lyrics that allow anyone to feel tough and the propagation of the idea that just by hitting one string on your guitar to a groove, you are making good music. Can Nathan Gale return to finish the job he started?

“One does not kill by anger but by laughter”

– Friedrich Nietzsche

I knew it was pasta from somewhere, but that particular bit sort of grabbed me. What's with the flood anyway? I just opened this thread a few minutes ago.

ah those chuggs are nostalgic
youtube.com/watch?v=Evc3Xtc84N0

Either a bot or some retard spamming continuously. Don't know and don't really care, but fuck the faggot mod for not banning the fucker a couple of hours ago when I reported the cheeky cunt.

That's kinda what I mean. If you want to enjoy fiction, that's cool but when they pass off bullshit and call it historical, people walk away and think it's the truth. Why not just make a fictional movie about gangsta rappers instead?

just imagine sneaking into her house when shes out and finding that dirty thong lying on her bed. i would sniff and lick that thing for hours cumming multiple times.

that's fucked up, but i would do that aswell so i'm not even arguing

Attached: 1548169946490.png (1066x600, 435K)

A futile and stupid gesture was funny and wasn’t trying to be some kind of epic retelling like a lot of them

>fronted by a literal manchild that reeks desperation his attempts to sound tough
jeez-louise do they realize that Phil can easily kick the sorry asses of their entire staff in a matter of seconds, by himself?
the only literal manchild that reeks desperation in his attempts to sound tough is the author, lmfao

It's a movie so of course some aspects of the story will get tweaked, completely changed and glamorized, it's a movie that wants to make money after all, but as far as biopics go, I feel like that one is one of the better ones as it got the period and the circumstances behind the scenes well, did a good job at depicting the group and also displayed their manager for a fucking dipshit he was.

What is the appeal in that

He can be strong physically and still be a manchild. That refers to one's emotional maturity.

That's about as good as a biopic can be I suppose. I actually liked their music when I was younger so maybe I should check it out.

metal doesn’t value emotional maturity

youtube.com/watch?v=m_A__a8iHmY&list=PL0urdMIipxIqwOi1lCAYmazvb72AVSCNR
post your favorite demos

Varg

How do they know anything about emotional maturity? A person who possesses immense physical strength, terrifying drive and fighting skills and yet stays calm and serene is truly emotionally mature, not pretentious pseudo-philosophical shitstains from a cancerous website.

I never really got into them even though I'm all over the groups like WTC, Gravediggaz and T6M, but enjoy some of their work and really enjoyed the movie, a lot of fans happened to do too, so might as well give it a shot. That "No Vaseline" scene was gold, pure fucking gold, and Cube's son looks just like him.

youtube.com/watch?v=h8TY-qIixt0
youtube.com/watch?v=spd7pXFGupc

I'm not defending a website I have never looked at and for that matter am annoyed at the spam ITT but you sound like the largest beta fangirl, living vicariously through that meathead.

he's a legend regardless of my devotion, and deservedly so.

Is he, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

Attached: Venom.jpg (693x872, 100K)

See, you're still doing it. Oh let's not fight, I have a joke for you. What's metal and full of holes?

In Flames – Battles (2016)
Holy shit! In Flames, what the fuck are you doing? Not only does this album claim the gayest album title in metal history- it also has the gayest artwork! What the fuck is this Rainbow Roll sushi screamo shit? Why are you still crying- Orgy is playing dubstep now, why are you still trying to do their vocals and shit? What the fuck are you saying “we’re in this world of make believe” dude, this Alice-in-Wonderland shit couldn’t even score you #8 on the most popular bands that played death metal list! Who the fuck are these people anyway- none of you were in the fucking band throughout the first, fuck, like 3 albums or some shit? Still playing nu metal, still doing emo choruses, still humiliating the Swedish Death Metal Scene. Still incorporating industrial, still using feminine vocals. Dude, I can’t wait for the “Asian” migrants to kick your severed heads down the streets of Sweden lick a fucking football in the name of Mohammed, you beta fucks!

Nothing wrong with Kate Bush but man, that's a bit much.

Behemoth – The Satanist (2014)

Leukemia boy is back! And more broken than ever! Yes, this fucking waste of shit pretty boy Nergel wasn’t man enough to hold down a real woman in Doda and witnessed her fuck some roid-head body builder instead. If Nergal was a better musician this wouldn’t have happened, but apparently he was too busy putting on clown makeup to learn some real guitar technique. Remove the vocals and drums, and most of the riffs on The Satanist sound exactly like the first Static X album. Other times, he rips off Erik Rutan’s flavor of the week shitshow Hate Eternal even though nobody remembers that band anymore. Unfortunately, the Polish government has again failed to execute Nergal for his crimes of blasphemy and degeneracy, but hopefully the nation will close their boarders and become a true theocratic monarchy. When this day comes, Nergal should hopefully be burned at the stake AFTER his pants are pulled down so the world could see why he couldn’t satisfy a women. And it we’ll all know it wasn’t the fucking leukemia!

all of them were rich user

was Chuck actually gay or is it an eternal meme and he was just platonic friends with the Cynic dudes

Attached: ren.png (250x250, 102K)

he was a straight chad af

the seed is already planted inside your brain so it doesn't really matter I don't personally care but someone once said Philosopher was aimed at that one Cynic twink that fucked him

The Contortionist – Clairvoyant

The undeniable winners of the fake metal news awards with via their abysmal reporting on the Decapitated fiasco further urinate on their reputation by telling us that some obnoxious hipster art rock album is metal. Clairvoyant is what they play in the background of Brooklyn restaurants in Vince Neilstein’s shitty industrial neighborhood that close down after two months because their artistic use of food and life is too pretentious to attract customers. The Contortionist push the stupid misunderstanding of “transcendental” philosophy through ripoffs of the flavor of the week Liturgy/Altar of Plagues art-metal trend that ended two years ago with all of the fans-at-the time really embarrassed to be a part. This band is so terrible and so unmetal that even leftist cat-lady-run Metal-Archives refuses to acknowledge them as an acceptable metal band! Of course, it is certainly possible that The Contortionist simply paid off MetalSucks/The Blastbeat Network to list them as the top review (as bands have known to do) and perhaps this is likely given Vince’s dad had to close down his Greenwich Village guitar shop leaving Vince unable to much money. Let’s burn those overpriced Umanov guitars in this pyre with this waste-of-my-time piece of shit album!

He literally dated Masvidal. See his interview where he talks about driving several hours through Florida to "hang out" with him. Also the whole of ITP is the most bitter break up album. Just read the lyrics. It's all there.

Paradise Lost – Medusa

Paradise Lost is the only band named after their career. Originally a great doom/death outfit, the band quickly pursued a radio rock career in search of Metallica stardom. Jumping aboard the retro train on Medusa, Paradise lost begins this album with several minutes of D-grade funeral doom before reminding all of us that they are the same band that recorded the super-futuristic Orgy/Nine Inch Nails worship album Host (complete with a cover jacked from P.O.D…. Sad!!!) and then repeatedly going back and forth between really bad doomdeath n’ roll and radio friendly rock n’ roll. If you’re a musician that ever started a death metal band within the first year of picking up your instrument your music sounded exactly like this. Bad death metal, bad doom, bad rock, bad album, but Decibel Magazine’s aging editor has developed such a horrible case of PTSD over 90’s metal being over that he heard the shit-tier intro and actually thought it was Thergothon, thus crowning an album too mediocre for any other metal list as their #1. Doom and gloom indeed, let it burn!

When anus.com and corrupt.org were still highly active they spammed this far and wide across the internet because they were so butthurt over the direction Death's music took. It's complete bullshit.

Byzantine – The Cicada Tree

Complete and utter trash radio rock groovecore but with hipster aesthetics from the band you hear doing covers of Puddle of Mud and Godsmack songs in that really trashy pool table bar that all of those kids from your high school who can’t seem to find a spouse that sticks around hang out at 10 years after graduating.

Code Orange – Forever

Boy life must suck when you’re Neurosis and all of these weird trust fund metal kids are ripping off your sound, adding nu metal elements, and topping the list of once-famous-but-now-dying-magazines headed by dudes that rape other dudes.

definitely

it's you drool bucket, when I stuff you with some shotgun blasts

Krallice- Go Be Forgotten
The opening riff sounds like… Korn’s first 4 albums? What the hell? How is this death metal? Each measure of each riff is stretched needlessly long… sometimes the first few notes of the melody are okay, but by the time the riff ends, I’ve lost interest in the riff. And the riff happens again. Or does it? I don’t know when the riff starts- and the vocals- is that the singer of Thursday? It’s certainly the same vocal tone as that song “In a Car Crash.” Where are the death metal elements? All I hear is G-list math rock, too busy for black metal fans, too simple for fans of Dream Theatre, with drumming as sloppy as Beherit in ’92. Is the album a troll, like “haha, get it, the album is forgotten right after you hear it?” There is only way to deal with this- a chainsaw, reved, placed directly between the legs and swiftly pulled in an upward motion.

anal cunt

He's always been /ourguy/, it's just that /meal/ is not willing to accept it

Attached: a30e041b628cc641296297ba86b4c0ca.jpg (300x296, 29K)

nothing weird about driving hours just to hang out and bond with your bros, spending quality time close together in a totally heterosexual manner

youtu.be/jaxNnoKrK9o

Am I the only one who likes neurosis?!

Attached: 220px-ASunThatNeverSets.jpg (220x220, 34K)

Not really, since Quorthon is /myguy/ and was heavily inspired by Cronos as far as his early career and image goes, so that's something. Also, link related still one of the best concerts ever.
youtube.com/watch?v=_Sb46VD5CmA

Anal Cunt would be a better answer but they're not really metal. Give up?

chuck outed masvidal and reinhert in 93. the gay rumors completely predate those sites.

My favourite band but possibly my least favourite album of theirs.

'93 does not predate ANUS at all actually. In fact ANUS predates the www entirely, since they started on BBS during dialup times.

Is that the same performance as link related? if so i can totally agree
youtube.com/watch?v=XW56WGyQHWc

Nope, the one I posted was Hammersmith in '84, but the '85 also sounds great.

any of u guys in a band?
like not a solo bandcamp project but an actual band
share some greentexts about how yall got together, how it's going, what kinda music u make
i'm too much of an autist right now to get involved in my local metal scene honestly

realistically how many people were using boards back then, and then death metal ones? for the layman, it was in 93, after they got outed.

>i'm too much of an autist right now to get involved in my local metal scene honestly
that bitch excuse doesn't fly in this general and you should give it a try regardless of how much of a sperg you actually or just that you are because you might have a fun time and even get something solid going.

You're asking for the real thing and not some silly bandcamp project but only if it's in greentext? Do you see what's wrong here?

That is interesting. This album helped me "get" neurosis. I listened in through silver in blood like 12 times but I listened to a sun once and Just got it.

You should probably have posted a citation by now. I'll shut up if you do. People certainly were going online then and ANUS was one of the first things that came up if you looked for death metal (or actually quite a few other topics).

LORD OF LIGHT
I WILL SWARM AGAINST YOU KNOW

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but oh yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF

Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT

Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes….

Actually, the last one I heard was far more boring so that's probably the worst one. I can't even remember the name but it was around 2016 or so. For me it's Souls at Zero, Enemy of the Sun, Through Silver and Times of Grace. The earlier stuff is really good too but it's not metal at all, it's punk.

ya'll niggas thirsty AF

Attached: 1500064202468.jpg (5024x3308, 2.53M)

Souls is next on my list. Then grace. Also gonna listen to the companion tribes of neurot album.

My intro to neurosis was through Scott Kelly's work with mastodon so it took me a while to get hkw different tje two bands were.

Dunno if you read about all the details already but the two CDs aren't supposed to synchronize perfectly like The Wizard of Oz and Dark Side of the Moon or something. There is more of a drift to it, where they line up but it's not meant to be precise. The tones on the Neurot CD harmonize slightly differently each time with the chords on the Neurosis CD because you reach to press play on each one at a slightly different delay each time. Remember, this was in the days when you probably had to borrow a second CD player or something and not just open VLC twice on your computer.

One of his solo records was really good too. Steve von Till's, not so great as I recall.

I posted this a few threads ago but it applies here
>Be bass player
>Want to start band
>Want to sound like Celtic Frost/Destruction/Hallows Eve
>All my friends who play an instrument are either indie fans or jazz fans who think my music is too lowbrow/"edgy" for them or are metal fans that exclusively listen to metalcore/deathcore/nu metal with the occasional Big Four song

Attached: Destruction.jpg (928x960, 231K)

beat them into submission
that's the first wave way

You cam always one man band it and if you work hard enough people who like your vision will join you

Learn drums and vocals and make an album with bass tuned up/down in place of guitar.

I have a co-worker who is way more into avante gard music than me. Inyroduced me to skinny puppy and some other noise bands. Shit ive not been able to really stomach because I like rush and more melodious music. It surprises me steves music isnt as good, he seems like the better guitarist.

>jazz fans who think my music is too lowbrow/“edgy” for them
Relevant song
youtu.be/6-b0EgsK_gk

After he joined they started to leave punk rock behind and became more, I don't know "visionary" I suppose but it was more of a collective effort at that point. When it's just him he kind of sucks, and the last Neurosis album I heard sounded like it was all him. I don't recall even hearing the other two singing on that at all. You could never accuse Neurosis of selling out musically but man they sure got boring.

I'm starting to discover all the bands that grew up listening to them and put a new spin on it like Alaric, Yob and Rwake. There's some good stuff out there these days.

Yob is fucking sick. Id recomend wovenhand too. Not metal at all but very spacy and weird. David eugene has a good mastery of space in music.

youtu.be/x_FGWm6oOr4

Also lungfish is insane.

youtu.be/EQXCPUpWuto

blackthrash or deathrash?

Attached: 1517770381273.jpg (640x640, 87K)

black thrash in theory should be better but it usually lacks in the RIFFS compared to deathrash. And blackened anything is more likely to repress good guitar parts and wank/solos

This 100%. There's a plethora of excellent deathrash out there but almost no blackthrash that riffs hard. The French scene alone had a bunch of great bands like Mercyless, Agressor, Loudblast. Massacra (FH is pretty thrashy).

Attached: mercyl-abject.jpg (500x500, 30K)

although when blackthrash is good its really good

Attached: satans boundaries.jpg (570x568, 49K)

Monifa Jansen

COME ON EILEEN
OH I SWEAR (WHAT HE MEANS)
AT THIS MOMENT
YOU MEAN EVERYTHING

Attached: 1545230906817.jpg (1600x1212, 252K)

ARE YOU ON THE SQUARE
ARE YOU ON THE LEVEL
ARE YOU READY TO SWEAR RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW
BEFORE THE DEVIL

Attached: 1550802861581.png (757x615, 184K)

What’s worse than sweat on Pat Benatar?
Cum on Eileen

Hey man, we've all got celebrity crushes.

I absolutely love Venom but man, Abaddon is a worse live drummer than Lars.

>Celebrity gossip
>Underage amerimutts that saw the movie
>Vargfags
>Yea Forums tourists
>Yea Forums tourists
>/fa/ tourists
>redditors
NONE OF YOU BELONG HERE! NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR OPINIONS ON VARG! You don't even discuss his music you cunts. WE FUCKING HATE YOU ALL NOT JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T BELONG HERE, BUT BECAUSE YOU AREN'T EVEN TRYING TO FIT IN AND YOU'RE SHITTING EVERYTHING UP!
youtube.com/watch?v=xLF6TZlYqC0

If you change what he's holding this could be a prime soi image.

Someone edit in a Nintendo Switch there

anything to help bring light on (((them)))

Based, I love Kate Bush too

What in the actual fuck

Second. What did you think about Ion?

Nope, one of my favourites too, but I really like this album, Stones from the Sky is one of their best songs imo. Gonna see them this summer finally

Can someone who actually enjoys this shit explain the appeal? That spoken word shit and synth faggotry is unbearable.

Braptards and other degenerates will get the guillotine in the ethnostate.

>ethnostate
You mean your trailer park?

Attached: redneck-guy.jpg (583x875, 92K)

Attached: soyronymous.jpg (395x483, 140K)

Lol he mad

fucking saved

youtube.com/watch?v=pr3x7tS__dE

This is good

Mostly just jack n coke though

is this based or onions?

Attached: a0639394771_5.jpg (700x700, 113K)

It's onions as fuck but still good

Cause his bandmate couldn't play guitar anymore so he took over. I think he was more of a guitarist to begin with anyway.

is this s 0 y or based

Attached: R-7958259-1452427722-4271.jpeg.jpg (539x727, 139K)

>Through Iommosphere chutes deploy capsule splash down on the TH sea.
>To raft - row the hash oil leagues to shoreline.
What is Iommosphere made out of?

Attached: this really proceeds my weedian.jpg (480x640, 72K)

is this s 0 y?

Attached: nahvalr-artwork-square_1024x1024.jpg (600x600, 78K)

is this based?

Attached: Screen-Shot-2017-11-14-at-9.29.23-AM-350duv2cyuqi7b44vlr4e8.png (600x420, 231K)

why are you not mincing?
youtube.com/watch?v=M0DUc--kNbI

I WATCH 'EM AT OUR GIGS
WITH AN "A" ON THEIR BACK
A STANDS FOR ARROGANCE
CUZ RESPECT THEY SURELY LACK

I WATCH 'EM AT OUT GIGS
WITH A "E" ON THEIR JACKS
E STANDS FOR ENEMY
EGOCENTRIC!

Attached: agathocles 2.jpg (960x360, 78K)

Where do I start with mincecore?

This split user, UG show AG how to play their own songs
youtube.com/watch?v=jRBGztDNNwA
Agathocles

This is the worst thing I've ever heard

Attached: IMG_20181031_220628.jpg (2160x3840, 904K)

t. has ears rotten with atmoshit and post-onions-metal

if that's the worst you haven't heard much user

Attached: 1524886403782.jpg (506x229, 45K)

It sucks ass. Shill this garbage somewhere else, faggot.

See

and proud of it. stop being so sensitive user
youtube.com/watch?v=X6vB9V4yOVg

>band's name is in Japanese moonrunes
>they're Swedish
youtube.com/watch?v=OjyPbSfLu5c

Attached: Cancer.jpg (138x176, 15K)

not as uncommon as you might think
finnish band
youtube.com/watch?v=7OT9UHgBY4A

it just fits the meme

wat?

were they war metal?

Attached: R-2430425-1469334550-6498.jpeg.jpg (599x605, 162K)

No, they were 1st wave black metal

I like it. Its a little better production value this time while retaining that literally a fucking nightmare sound. I fear i may never see them live because they barely tour

Whats this guys deal anyway

Attached: portal.jpg (1200x675, 140K)

That's part of what makes it a good listen. I bet you don't like Operation Mindcrime either, fag.

Are there any metal bands that infuse Sisters of Mercy/Rosetta Stone/etc. style gothic rock without being outright gothic metal? All I can come up with rn is Paradise Lost's One Second, and that's still kinda pushing it

Japanese is turbo-metal so why wouldn't they
>band's name is in English
>they're Swedish
wow

does anyone here have a battle jacket? post it

>are there any metal bands that mix goth and metal without being goth and metal

he's actually a chad

Attached: curator-sama.jpg (403x604, 24K)

I'm not sure what you're asking for, you want metal bands that aren't gothic metal but has a similar vibe to gothic rock?

Not his last album

Attached: 51x60sgQFYL._SX355_.jpg (355x315, 28K)

No hes a clock

Rec me caverncore with intelligible riffs

Attached: cd998df741f40f3f5b43715d5bf5ede8.jpg (1080x1349, 345K)

word
youtube.com/watch?v=hQVWgK3lO0s

Jesus fucking Christ, this shit is literally hurting my ears. It's unlistenable.

Attached: Ulver_nattens.jpg (323x308, 30K)

because I'm crossovering
youtube.com/watch?v=BPfkK7bcyfE

Stop being a pussy, get proper set of headphones and blast it at 100% and get fucked like a real man should.

because I'm crossdressing
youtube.com/watch?v=8SPUHGRXQUY

Initiated in Impiety as Mysteries is a pretty solid split between two pretty solid caverncore bands imo, Antediluvian and Adversarial. You should check it out.

youtube.com/watch?v=BgxjYaJqGKs

Attached: a0318360050_10.jpg (932x925, 367K)

Hizaki can motherfucking shred, took by surprise when I found out he was a man crossdressing as a woman, but then again that's Japan for ya I guess.

Attached: 1532518262077.jpg (279x123, 15K)

Eh
it was okay
too much dissoshit in it though

love this album so fucking much
youtube.com/watch?v=g5_gFoZ7kYg

sounds good, will do.

It's not even all that harsh

Kek

couldn't get any pussy with it

RIFFS

satan

Has there been any good death metal releases this year? The filthier the better.

Attached: Thanamagus.jpg (790x1200, 402K)

Ask me when it's summer.

who the fuck makes chocolate milk by adding the milk first anyways?

The guy who did the vocals has the shittiest life ever. He has chronic pain that he doesn't have the money to treat, several members of his family died in a freak accident, and he's pretty much an obscure figure despite being around for more that 20 years. Give the guy some help and buy Pharaoh's albums. They're really good, especially the first two.

What was with that scene anyways? Like, why did they have him make chocolate milk? What was their endgame

according to rumors Varg tried to live on nothing but chocolate milk for a while. it's another of these 'ha! look how well we did our research' moments

she's ugly

Attached: DzC69dFXcAE1CTb.jpg (1178x1798, 777K)

youtube.com/watch?v=yLxv6d1ernA
omg those synths.. I'm dying

So how much did they pay varg to advertise this movie because hes made like 5 videos about it now

funded his next tabletop RPG

He can claim up and down how he hates it and that its all fake and gay, but deep down he knows that the more traction the movie gets, the more old ass burzum records will sell. Hes literally making money from it

mayhem x metallica split this year
youtube.com/watch?v=tUVr2xnGIEo

I didn't want to but I kinda liked the weird thing that this 'tribute' video is

he's making the videos because people will have recently seen them and this is his rebuttal

youtube.com/watch?v=CreLVhrNWkY

indeed, meanwhile clueless numales are also praising the film but they're doing it in the hopes that it will instead somehow destroy varg's reputation

You people are fucking idiots, this user is right
They made a grossly inaccurate movie about his life, no wonder he wants people to hear his problems with it.

KEK

if that movie is such a shame of character, he should sue them. unless of course he received money from the studio making the movie in anyway (waving his right to sue), all he can do is whiny videos of him being the victim like the narcissistic sociopath that he is.

Man, this demo rips.
youtube.com/watch?v=RV0je1stuSM

RIP Karl Willetts

Attached: 77AAC26E-A8FB-4C87-85E7-9F453ADE1AFD.png (638x528, 227K)

cringe

Dude, fuck you.

lmao

Attached: DNtmdKBXUAEZaSE.jpg (900x1200, 163K)

jump in