Other places to discuss music

other places to talk music?
i'm getting tired of larping and shitpositing on here.
also with age getting tired of the user factor and the namefags that come with it.

Attached: connoisseur.png (740x560, 68K)

>considers himself to be grown up
>uses homophobic slurs for no reason
I've got some bad news for you bud

musikchan

xkcd is such an insufferable faggot

Attached: faggot and hag.jpg (600x800, 69K)

rym is probably the best forum for discussing music atm, though its still not that good

this
how does anyone even read this shit

>xkcd
>unironic boomer
Kill yourself

it's pretty much just for snarky redditors

will try
pic related
rym is a shithole, discogs was nice for a while
back to /kpop/

What's even the point of discussing music? What would a good discussion of music even sound like?

>other places to talk music?
Why would any of us tell you when Yea Forums is filled with shitposters? The last thing we want is more shitposters invading those other places to talk about music.

uhhh.. are you for real?
maybe how two musicians or music fans talk in real life? objectively and subjectively criticise albums, talk about favourites, music theory, production, there's literally so much stuff to talk about and all i see here are kpop threads and waifu form praise. rarely do i see some nice discussions outside of the /genre/ threads

>maybe how two musicians or music fans talk in real life?

I've never seen people talk about music IRL I don't know what it's like.

This is smart thinking, if you want to keep a site with quality.

good point but i think the key here is good moderation. i think private sites only make sense for torrents. (rip waffles, rip what.cd).
you want to keep growing the community obviously.

a wizard's rage and insecurity is felt through the cable :)

Waffles is still alive

>xkcd
reddit would be perfect for you

barely though
actually there's a couple small communities on there that are absolutely fantastic. you have to unsub from the generals tho.
gonna keep this comic in my rotation since it seems to piss the weebs off.

I hope you find somewhere else to discuss music, because Yea Forums will be a better place once you're gone

try f169bbs

well, that's why i'm here you bellend. and I agree, I can't really stand the shitposting heaven this has become. dickriding unfunny memes and praising the flavour of the month celebrity.
and Yea Forums has never been a good place

the music boards on some of the other >chans are pretty good, but super slow. honestly discord groups are the best atm

rym is garbage and comes off as mostly high school kids who discovered surface level underground music

Attached: 1524439022352.jpg (500x748, 49K)

wow it's been a while since i've seen these

R/music is pretty good, /mu) is just for letting off some shitposting steam that I'd lose karma for if I dared posted the stuff I post here with my Reddit account

It's more of an elitist cliche that even infiltrators could easily parrot

does anyone have a collection of old Yea Forums memes? feelin nostalgic.
Yea Forums archive only goes to 2013

man r/music is pretty entry level to be honest, not trying to shitalk here, just stating my opinion.
r/theoverload
r/listentothis
r/letstalkmusic
r/*insert genre here*

is all decent. but honestly r/music is comparable to Yea Forums but people there are not ironic. (coming from a guy who uses reddit daily)

“rym is a shithole”
you can find lengthy serious conversations around the most obscure albums on rym. If you don’t like rym, nothing will please you.

not really
you can find lots of obscure stuff, but its an awful place to discuss it

>open rym after a couple years
>see a featured review
>powerwolf - 5 stars
>close rym

r*ddit

Comparing music to other music is by far the best way to talk about music. Also, discusding expectations(like if an artist releases an album completely different from their other albums), genres, etc. The best music discussions happen between people who know each others taste though.

>i'm getting tired of larping
What larps did you do?

Wow, bad idea

Enjoying kindergarten?

pretending that the taylor swift memes didn't bother me just like the arianna ones do now.
at least the kpop guys always stayed in their thread.

>http
yikes

Hello tourist

pussy