stringtensionpro.com/
>Music theory:
musictheory.net/lessons
>Guitar Maintenance and other information:
frudua.com/guitar_craftpedia_en.html
youtube.com/channel/UCXU3GYv5qEzuPePqXOJBgXw
>Why is my guitar buzzing?
frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
>Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
mega.nz/#F!v2oQgKhB!5nEaeUD8xxQYO8ipUoViqw

Previous thread:

Attached: 1549099969589.jpg (700x1000, 262K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1SboB0H9fKh
youtu.be/0Os0rVVPcyA
vocaroo.com/i/s0AZpRheXiaK
vocaroo.com/i/baseddCo3Xz12w
youtu.be/WMe2yp3b2Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=zkJ3yaXBlBU
youtube.com/watch?v=F9D5NUvGehg
vocaroo.com/i/s1oaF0wYviuq
vocaroo.com/i/s13n7RdHeQ0p
youtube.com/watch?v=4G1-Kjlwm34
youtube.com/watch?v=o5N28_pG1WI
youtube.com/watch?v=nvMhPqg2jCo
youtube.com/watch?v=oyh9CQTdV_k
youtube.com/watch?v=cgljzUii09U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lol none of you will ever amount to anything

Wrong.

Looks like this is the real thread.
What do you guys think of Gibson's new ES-235?
I wish they would have made them bigger.

i bought this today

Attached: giant SG.png (287x767, 103K)

Are you going with standard tuning or will you go lower?

Isn't the whole point it being smaller? That's largely what makes it unique, right?

What are you listening to, /gg/?

Attached: 1548376799261.png (1000x1000, 1.44M)

gonna experiment. i guess it depends if i start running out of notes up high or not, it's meant to be played in B-E-A-D-F#-B.

no bully
vocaroo.com/i/s1SboB0H9fKh

Attached: B523FAFC-C9BA-45C9-8688-4588135C5C6B.jpg (784x1001, 187K)

Attached: a3243309212_10.jpg (1200x1176, 544K)

Weren't busy playing any shows today I take it.

bump

Attached: ChartToss.jpg (960x1046, 150K)

Guitar sommeliers all agree that only a Gibson is good enough.

Who is your favorite slide guitarist? For me, it's Warren Haynes.

Attached: 1536994255860.jpg (1052x720, 282K)

They took it too far -- I want something between the 137 and an LP... but you're right.

its called a PRS hollowbody ii

Don't forget your daily spider exercises

If it fits in standard Les Paul cases then I think that's an important aspect of it most won't immediately appreciate since LP cases are readily available from a variety of manufacturers at a variety of prices.
Consider trying to find a flight case for a guitar of unique, unusual size, for one example.

and thats a good thing

can I get far enough if I put in effort to learn even if I have a shit tier guitar? is staying in tune with expensive saddles and nuts really a huge deal?

naw it doesn't really matter if you're actually into playing guitar

>can I get far enough if I put in effort to learn even if I have a shit tier guitar?
Yes.
>is staying in tune with expensive saddles and nuts really a huge deal?
It depends on if you have the talent and moxie to pull it off. Willie Nelson does.
That being said, you don't need expensive saddles, nuts or tuners to stay in tune. You just need to lubricate your nut and saddle and you'll stay in tune just fine.

>It depends on if you have the talent and moxie to pull it off. Willie Nelson does.
Er, "It" meaning playing out of tune with a shitty guitar.

If by "far enough" you mean the corner of your bedroom.

Attached: 20190131_183608.jpg (2268x4032, 3.53M)

>humbuckers on a Tele or a Strat

Attached: 1523555560808.jpg (694x696, 173K)

looks like the kind of guitar a shutin would buy

Glorious, aint it?

Have been shedding a bunch of different ways to voice triads and incorporate shell voicings for a few standards. Trying to figure out a way to spice up practicing them in all keys because just going around the circle doing every chord in every position has been helpful but is getting really bland
>When you say incorporating modulation, do you mean modal playing?
not really, more like figuring out a way to cadence to a new key without just relying on 2-5-1s. One example I've been messing with has trying to play a melody while comping a IV-V-I, then after a few times around switching the IV to IV- and resolving the V to the parallel minor and trying to keep the melody smooth while doing that. Then picking a new destination like trying to get to a major key a M3 away and figuring out a the chords and voice leading

but I already did enough theory exercises so now I need to transcribe some shred bullshit and finish writing some exercises kek

do you like guthrie

Attached: 1551047219866.jpg (1897x2169, 1.62M)

I wanna pick up the bass, get in a band (everyone needs a bassist, so I shouldn't have trouble with that) and do drugs and play music. I'm 20.
Anyone with more experience and age; is this a good idea or should I stick to listening to music and thinking of how much everything sucks and that I'll just die anyway?

No.

Attached: 51348049_2284982168187768_8396366158340554752_n.jpg (450x600, 48K)

>LP switches on tele's
what?

Color scheme = 10
Humbuckers = pic related

Attached: theres this why.jpg (407x584, 71K)

I modded it

What are some repertoire essentials /gg/? What I mean is songs that are so famous, so popular, and such classics that you may as well learn them for self improvement, the sake of having them, and because sooner or later someone is going to ask "Do YoU knOw ThiS sOnG?". What comes to mind for me is Johnny B. Goode, Stairway to Heaven, House of the Rising Sun, stuff like that.

Attached: unamused.png (265x238, 130K)

Attached: B1560C8B-B408-4CB2-B84D-1D8AA6B1711C.jpg (1536x2048, 653K)

Attached: 20190205_171057.jpg (2268x4032, 2.45M)

don't be that guy

I don't learn other people's songs unless they were classical composers

Need more teles

Attached: F36A1293-6365-49B4-B668-8435CF0890B7.jpg (1536x2496, 595K)

Attached: 20190115_175602.jpg (2268x2720, 3.53M)

Was gonna get the rosewood neck tee delux happy I decided to go with the troublemaker instead

I really like that tele

Thanks, just a squier Jim root tele. Wanted to explore playing metal without breaking the bank and was shocked what you get for $400

>he owns like a billion Teles and none of them are even good

Attached: laughingkaguya.webm (1554x874, 2.91M)

>doesn’t post a guitar objectively better then any of the teles posted

When improvising, do you tend to rely on scale/arpeggio shapes you've practiced or just forget all that shit and just go for it

I don't follow the changes and just play actual melodies instead

oldfag here that came up in the 80s. I'm still partial to shredders even though my arthritic fingers can't do what they used to. Recommend me a good midlife crisis guitar for the bluez and classic rock

Any LP over $3000

Gibson is literally sustained by people like you. Get a les paul.

Knaggs, seriously. The QC blows Gibson out of the water. The main builder used to work for PRS

FREE BIRD LOLOLOL

QC is a meme.

the 100 jazz standards everyone should have memorized by now

>me looks at guitar

>'well it seems to be perfectly made.'

>'unfortunately the qc isn't up to snuff, though.'

Is it bad that jazz just doesn't interest me, or fusion for that matter? I prefer country

You guys haven't seen the Gibsons I've seen here. The fit and finish are 6/10 at best

YEEEEEEEEEHAAWWWWWWWWUUUHHHH

Attached: 518902000000000-00-500x500.jpg (500x500, 41K)

Unless you're into post rock everything's fine

Why can’t you like both?
youtu.be/0Os0rVVPcyA

Attached: 366FC950-CD26-43B2-B788-6C738203E58A.jpg (1125x1396, 102K)

Attached: 645911720135639mh.jpg (395x800, 43K)

I have faith in gibson since levi guy took over

they can amount to having fun at least
still better than being a negative asshat

>people nobody gives a fuck about agree about something nobody cares about

Try harder, numale.

>favorite slide guitarist
The late great Earl Hooker. The man exudes pure grooviness.

Attached: 71478.jpg (221x221, 17K)

This is just sad
Lmfao

Duane Allman

almost as sad as getting high on shitty coke and pretending to be a musician on a Lithuanian bible study forum instead of spending time with your wife and child lol

Attached: 1550949487351.jpg (2048x1803, 306K)

telewithsixsaddlesandsinglecoilpickups.jpg

Do you ever use your pinky?

Ah, an anime thread. Just what I needed to motivate me to practice today.
Thanks OP

Holy fuck... that sounds boring I’ll stick to my humbucker loaded tele.

Damn. Sounds like you have it all figured out. Im jealous of your great life user it must be so great
Lmfao
>he still making shit up and believing it.

Working on it. Hendrix trills are too sexy to ignore

Sammy, where are you my man???
This thread need it's dose of AIDS!

Are tele necks actually just children's baseball bats sawed in half? Why do they feel so weird and unshreddable?

no

Emonationalist? Get real, man

more namefags, just what we need

Quick question about finishes:

I brought my guitar to my paint guy and he said to take it home, strip all of the paint off it, then dip my kakabutt in lacquer, so that I could rub my ass all over my guitar and refinish it (i wanted it butt-finished like steve vai)

when i was rubbing my kaka butt onto my guitar (a telecaster), i was straddling the front and i farted (a little tooter!) and it made some waves and kaka on the guitar.

i can post a picture to show you but should i just leave it poopy or restrip it with something anti-kaka?

is this a joke?
are you maimed?

im new

I use it a ton. It's got a lot of leverage for pull-offs and pull-bending.

so /gg/ what was the last baroque, classical, or romantic piece you learned?

I started Alborada del Gracioso but quit once I realized I could get the repeated notes fast enough.

Nobody wants to listen to you shitty boomer jams and finger exercises in your parents basement.

Your posts are bad stop making the thread suck.

>not the same person
based schizo poster, why are you so offended?
good taste user, do you have any full pieces in your repertoire?

How do you feel about this jazz improv?
vocaroo.com/i/s0AZpRheXiaK

I know right, it's crazy how somebody could just not care if they were replying to a single person or multiple people. Absolutely ridiculous.
Calling this music is a stretch. How did you manage to get so much worse? Were you aware of the possibility of playing on beat at the time you recorded this? Did you consider playing a properly formed note at all when you made this?

no u

Attached: E18EE4FC-D117-4143-9F06-04831CFF90E3.jpg (2400x3600, 716K)

eat shit

>do you have any full pieces in your repertoire?
No, I've been btfo by 50+ hour work weeks the past 5 years or so. I used to have Rach's 2nd Sonata (1931 revision), Szymanowski's Variations in Bb minor, and a bunch of Faure's nocturnes memorized and they've all mostly faded from my memory and now I just read through them with sheet music on the weekends. ;_;

What’s wrong?

Attached: B023BC46-DD8D-4096-88BF-EC150B7E808D.jpg (3500x4620, 1.28M)

Yo this ones from Nagatoro, isn't it

you existing

Thanks for the feedback.
What about this one?
vocaroo.com/i/baseddCo3Xz12w

I honestly couldn’t tell you I just look up anime face vectors

You’re so sassy

Attached: 0C10DE44-BF3D-4D69-BB7E-82061B00A232.jpg (1050x1200, 203K)

Can anyone tell what chord is being apreggiated at 0:50 here? E minor maybe?

youtu.be/WMe2yp3b2Ww

youtube.com/watch?v=zkJ3yaXBlBU

What is the third best overdrive pedal behind the Timmy and the Klon Centaur?

Attached: 1520283194866.jpg (1920x1080, 828K)

Sounds like C major/A minor to me but that's just a feeling. I didn't play along to confirm.

damn this hits right in the feels. why do you subject yourself to that amount of work? what do you have that makes it worth it? i work 44h because i cant get anything better and spend it all on guitar gear

Attached: 1523846775990.gif (320x240, 1.75M)

every day I use the practice sheet i feel my power level increase

Attached: 2719843713.jpg (550x719, 192K)

your phrasing needs some work, lots of "run-on sentences"

You're one step closer to being anime, mr suhr

Attached: qpAAHdK_d.jpg (640x264, 20K)

Definitely a C chord.

I feel like if I don't work that much then I'll get fired since they'll just find a replacement for me; gotta make the boss rich. The variety of work makes it worth it, maybe. I'm afraid of losing my job and ending up doing nothing but one thing as opposed to the many different tasks I do now.
I know practicing a little everyday is better than practicing a lot all at once... are you at least able to practice everyday?

Should've known. Thanks guys.

yes i am
but knowing that it's a little bit and realizing how shit i am and unable to fix it sucks

I would never steer you wrong user

Every day we stray further away from god

Attached: 23484F2C-D2AC-4797-AC2F-11D751004CF9.jpg (900x1382, 186K)

If you keep at it and push yourself to do something new everyday, you will progress. You've inspired me to work weekends so I might have time to practice everyday. Let's do our best!
youtube.com/watch?v=F9D5NUvGehg

i don't know what chord that is but it's not C. there's a finger on the third fret of the high e string somewhere in there

That video is adorably bad

>there's a finger on the third fret of the high e string somewhere in there
G is the 5th of C major...

It's D minor.

how are you guys with counterpoint?

Attached: cjgroupo_large.jpg (480x319, 28K)

it's just an useless concept

I take it you can't write 4 voice polyphony properly?

Lol. It's a fucking D minor chord.

nobody cares

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 36K)

I care, you bum. Get out of my house

You need to make better decisions.

almost certainly an Eb+7#9#13

Kill yourself asshole

You fucking moron it's a B#sus8 tryadic hexatritonic mixolydian neopolitan rebuplican in the key of ke$ha.

I picked up a ds1 kit because I liked the art on the enclosure.
>3 different wiring diagrams in chinese
>2 different parts lists
>the board and the pastic jacks were too big to all fit inside

I just wanted to do the "All Seeing Eye" mod so the dragon on the cover would have flickering eyes during a jam.

>stupid fa/gg/ot doesn't realize my voicing is just an enharmonic equivalent of a Bb quartal voicing across 3 octaves

Schizo

So I'm looking to upgrade to a more powerful bass amp.
Right now I currently have an Ampeg BA115 and it's enough for most situations. But after having a jam sesh in a really big room with a loud drummer I'd like to have a bit more headroom. My amp does great until I get the volume above 7 then it starts to sound like a farty mess.
What wattage range should I be looking at? I'm thinking 200-300, but I'm worried that won't be much louder than my current setup.

Here you go. And no it isn't C.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 11.03.58 PM.png (472x141, 61K)

>And no it isn't C.
>literally a rootless Cb9

Your mouth is going to be rootless once I knock all your fucking teeth out

btw thats a C with a b9 not a Cb 9 you coward

>hurr durr theory theory theory
you realize this is the guitar and bass general, right?

Attached: 1550292532383.jpg (550x390, 108K)

This tab isn't correct if you actually listen to what's being played

>hurr durr you expect musicians to know about music
yea?

Attached: 1550214261449.png (420x500, 377K)

i prefer contrapoints tbhon

Get a portaflex and something that can handle 3-5 times what you're pushing right now.

Hi boys I'm back to ask more dumb questions, I own this ugly epi SG G-400 and wanted to know -- could anyone suggest mods if I'm still basically a beginner and want to refrain from buying a new guitar?

Attached: IMG_20181209_203302.jpg (3024x4032, 3.07M)

what issues do you have with it that you would like to improve?

sand it and paint sea foam green

but seriously,
refret with stainless steel

are you trolling? that sounds like complete overkill

I'm fucking real new so bear with me... it very well could be my playing but it sounds real muddy.
On an unrelated note I noticed I have this issue where I'll tune the guitar up and if I fret my D string it'll sound real fucking off... Think like fretting E chord(?) But that one string is the one that sounds dissonant.
My amp is some shitty line 6 amp so that might be part of the problem in this equation.

Still a lot of fun to practice on though, I like the weight/feel/look/size

Save your money and upgrade your amp before you upgrade the guitar.

>it's not C
vocaroo.com/i/s1oaF0wYviuq

Attached: 42302121_1521044139.9561_gUmYme_n.jpg (1200x630, 62K)

I keep reading it's a solid beginner guitar, so I kinda should have put more stock into needing to upgrade my amp first, thanks user

Attached: IMG_20180630_131228.jpg (3024x4032, 2.87M)

post more dog pictures

What is this Legend of Zelda shit? Are you gay or what?

Did you ever set up your guitar? Neck relief, action, intonation, pickup height?
What the other user said its true, your tone being bad has more to do with your amp than your guitar. Change it first then you'll see if the guitar needs a upgrade too.

>it very well could be my playing but it sounds real muddy.
the pickups are most likely shit. You could invest in getting new pickups and electronics for it, but... if I were you I'd play the shit out of it for the next few months until you're good enough and it's beat to fuck enough to justify getting a slightly nicer guitar.

>On an unrelated note I noticed I have this issue where I'll tune the guitar up and if I fret my D string it'll sound real fucking off... Think like fretting E chord(?) But that one string is the one that sounds dissonant.

look up "guitar intonation" and "how to intonate an SG bridge"

>My amp is some shitty line 6 amp so that might be part of the problem in this equation.

bonus pro tip: practice only with clean channels with low gain or even better unplugged and try to make what you're playing sound good. you'll get better twice as fast

The opening synth drone is a G chord

then the guitar rhyhtm is:

C F Em

The lead part is an apreggiated D minor

>And no it isn't C.

>it very well could be my playing but it sounds real muddy.
The neck pickup is muddy because it's a neck humbucker. The bridge pickup is muddy because it's a hot humbucker in that model.
A super cheap mod for your guitar that will make it much less muddy is replacing the volume pots with 1k pots and replacing the tone pots with no load tone pots. Pots are typically under $10. You just need to know how to solder; note how the pots in the guitar are wired, draw a diagram/schematic for yourself of how they're wired, then just remove the pots and wire the new ones just like the old ones were. It's super easy.

I think you mean
>D-/C+b9
>it's C

You need to have the guitar setup for that tuning so that the frets will achieve the proper intonation. If you setup a guitar for D standard and tune it to E standard, you're going to be all over the place and have fretbuzz issues.

If you want to play in a particular tuning, and you find your intonation is off, then it's your guitar for a fact. The tone is produced by the vibration of the string. The amp makes that vibration very loud, but it does not cause certain notes on certain frets in certain tunings to produce an unintended tone. It has to be what is producing the tone: The guitar.

tl;dr: Get your guitar setup for that particular tuning. Your amp sucks, but it's not the problem.

>>D-/C+b9
What does that even mean?
It's just a regular D minor chord apreggiated

The part at 0:50? Is my YouTube fucked up? What part are we talking about?

What is the most versatile guitar?

I thought he was talking about the lead guitar with chrous effect?

That's a D minor chord

vocaroo.com/i/s13n7RdHeQ0p

Probably a stratocaster if we're being objective. Maybe even a Jazzmaster.

I've never been able to replicate those tones with my ES-335

I was thinking of taking it to a technician, but I guess this decides it.

Appreciate the suggestions a ton, gives me a lot to think about -- still thinking I should probably get it setup though

Im sure I could probably find someone I know to help me, but I have done some soldering before

Attached: IMG_2402.jpg (1536x2048, 721K)

not that user but thank u for the dog pic

>vocaroo.com/i/s13n7RdHeQ0p
How is that not just the note C and the note G back and forth? Is your guitar in tune or are you a master troll?

Are we just going to ignore that this song is a complete DIIV rip-off?

who is DIIV?

You can get very close using middle position on a clean amp. I get similar tones of my strat using my les paul, on a marshall Jubilee plugin. Without coil-split. Close, but not the same.

>tfw just want a Korean-made Epi Les Paul with tremolo bridge, coil splits for both humbuckers, 25-25.5" scale length, and killswitch

Attached: 1550016461320.jpg (269x350, 25K)

||------3------3--------3--------3--------||
||-1--------1------1--------1-------------||
||----------------2--------2--------0-h2-||
||------------------------------------------||

On its own I would look at it as Am7 without a fifth. But take the moving bass notes into account (F, D, C, A) and the chord progression is:

Fadd9
D7sus4
Am7/C
Am7

Very nice. I couldn't hear the A on my shitty speaker but I don't doubt you.
What the heck was that d minor guy smoking?

>no mention of D-/C+b9
wrong

well, both chords are fingered on 1 and 2 and 3. Other than that who knows

D minor over C augmented flat 9 polychord? damn boi that's spicy, you been listening to Jacob Collier, huh

>Fadd9
>D7sus4
>Am7/C
>Am7
This is what you hear the rhythm guitar playing? Interesting.

no, it's what I'm analyzing as the chord progression of that section as a whole. I mean you could also say it's just a simple repeating C pentatonic lick over a bass line but that's less fun

just some aydin esen textures yknow?

Attached: 12397481234.png (128x132, 8K)

>aydin esen
stop speaking gibberish

That was a pretty cool song. I'm glad he posted it despite all the D minor shit posting

youtube.com/watch?v=4G1-Kjlwm34
damn this guy's even nerdier than Holdsworth

>ywn master polytonal/polyrhythmic improv
why even try anymore?

Attached: 250px-Dick_Dale_Middle_East_May_2005.jpg (250x334, 20K)

for me, it's big djents

if you can't do anything new or good just do the dumbest shit as hard as you can

>djent
i... i'm sorry user

Do I need an amp to start with for guitar and bass when learning or can I get by just using headphones?

t. bedroom player

>Do I need an amp to start with for guitar and bass when learning
no
>can I get by just using headphones?
you honestly don't even need headphones

cheers
does the acoustic sound of an electric sound shit or is it ok and easy enough to practice with? seems like there are differing opinions on this

it's kind of shite if I'm being honest but it's like training weights. Get good on with a shit sound and you'll be great with a good sound eh? It'll also make you more aware of things like how hard you're picking, whether you're tensing up when you're playing (which you generally shouldn't be), if chords aren't ringing true, and all of that fun stuff.

Attached: 123123135423145324.jpg (358x280, 10K)

The third fret of the high e is G, so the chord would still be C.

What practice do you guys recommend if my teacher says my solos are too monotonous? He said I should listen to the rhythmical content of the solos that I listen to, but I'm wondering whether there are any exercises or books you guys would recommend besides that.

How the fuck do you pull off these smooth trills

I've tried the one pluck and a bunch of hammer on things and i can't even get close without using my right hand to just tap it out, but I've never seen it played live. Do I just need to git gud?

youtube.com/watch?v=o5N28_pG1WI

You can seriously just plug the thing into your computer and use that with a pair of shitty earbuds and have it sound better than a $100 practice amp. Practice amps are for people that really, really like to make noise.

it's shite and some things will be straight up inaudible. When you finally plug in you'll have the messiest playing in the world with strings ringing you didn't know were ringing. Other things like little weird buzzes will be audible but won't be picked up by the pickups.

What kind of volume should I be around when plugging my headphones in my amp? I don't want to blow out my headphones

best bet is to crank it to 10 and then dial back once you're plugged in

turn the volume to 10 and the gain to 11. Also turn all your tuners down to 0.

t. meshuggah

I can use THR10 with bass since it has a bass setting???

Oh, /gg/, you so crazy.

>have a bit of money but not enough for any guitars I want
>can either buy a new amp, buy better pickups for my Squier Jag, or buy better pickups for my shitty old SG copy
What do?

Attached: 1549647123364.jpg (600x600, 179K)

total noob here, I've been doing a little bit of browsing for a bass and narrowed down these two. How would those two compare for beginners bass?

Attached: Screenshot (22).png (1590x517, 259K)

Yamaha BB234 is the one

Shit in the bushes, then smoke it like a kaka cigar

enjoy your ban

she should be enjoy it by now, she's avoiding it.

Lace Sensor Blue vs Red for bridge??

why does my G string sound louder than the other 5?

Yes

Would it be better for my playing if I avoided these threads entirely?

Yes

probably

Yep, I'm leaving

Me too fuck this shit

>Les Paul with 25.5" scale length
you ungodly vandal

Attached: 1 (2).jpg (400x298, 26K)

Me too guys, this place has become unbearable between Roman, kakaguy and AIDSamuel

I learned a Hank Williams song the other day. He’s been dead for awhile, so that makes his music classical.

This guy coming to my music college to give a lecture. What should I ask him?

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 185K)

Who are you?

about constructing 'lines' (his jargon) with intervals bigger than 5ths and inversions. Enjoy the lecture, he's a monster player.

Roflmao based retard.

Because fender is shit. If it's not a fender, lower the g string polepiece with a screwdriver

Grab a metronome and practice to it
Listen and learn some funk, and bass if you want, that will help too

Guitars are about loud noise with large cabinets. Anything other than that will make you turn gay.

Get a semi hollow

Is that John Forgety? Ask him to play his old songs and have a laugh watching him not remembering them.

What's so hard with constructing melodies with large intervals, just pick the notes and do it

Creedence doesn't even have complicated melodies, they all move in seconds

Roflmao based retard.

Someone looks hurt

Someone is trying hard

I'm on my own pace, sorry if that seems to fast and hard for you, retard,

>I'm on my own league of retard

You're on the slower league then. The last to finish the Paralympics.

do it faggot you’ll sooner loathe what you didn’t do instead of what you did do

Some regret going too far

For now, use your line out to go into the PA for more volume. PAs have more than enough wattage to BTFO the drummer and be heard.
Going forward, you’re right that you’ll need more power. Right now, you’ve got 100W going through a single 15”, and that’s not enough. 200-300W will give you the 3-6 extra dB you need, especially with more speakers behind you.
On top of the extra power, a 4x10 will give you nearly twice the speaker area as your 1x15, as well as 6 more dB from quadrupling the number of your speakers. The smaller speakers will tighten up your bass response as well, solving most of your problems all at once.

r8

Attached: BE1B5A00-7EAF-4EFF-9391-71BEAA795855.jpg (1200x1200, 361K)

well you haven’t gone at all so what are you waiting on

Now I want a cab with 12+10 speakers for both the punch of 12" and the definition of 10".
Two speakers because bedroom.

Those Fender amps look comfy, what model are they?

I have. I neeted for 3 years, become a tranny porn addict, destroyed my head and my body and my relationship with my relatives. And even my mom's head.

guitar amp is Fender Mustang GT, digital modeling amp
bass amp is Fender Rumble

this is the part where you do something about your current state
you’re gonna be 30 sooner than either of us wanna admit

Did you get your trip banned Sam?

Here’s that Kalamazoo Gibson’s serial code. I’m having trouble finding a database that can help me figure out when the guitar was made.

Attached: CC8F2BCB-6B42-47FA-B625-9893C0BE58A5.jpg (1125x1072, 905K)

I got a shitty job and an active band and it's a step from neetdom I think but I'm still sad
The despair of time passing and turning 30 gets smaller as the acceptance of my defeat sinks and I get used.

im unemployed and completely on my own in the music world but i am still feeling fine. you must better your situation, you are sooner a failure for confirming to a life you don’t wanna live at 30 than sleeping on a couch at 30

I am powerless
Just remember, humans can get used to suffering and we will all die one day.

are you going to spend all life moping about the fact that you will die? get over it, do the fucking thing

Attached: 411FAB1A-E3FB-4315-90BD-50B7DD9647FC.jpg (1023x749, 68K)

You are not powerless. You are king. The only one who could stop jcum.

>The only one who had nothing to do but to stop jcum
fix'd
it's the same, anyway.

That goes for anything in life really
Chew Guevara was a bum. Some Greek philosopher philosopher lived in a barrel. Steve jobs died of AIDS.

>tfw fell for the tube amp meme
>tfw I could have had a dozen of different amp sounds at my fingertips and pay less for a fucking Boss Katana or Marshall Code

Fuck you gege. But hey I can get overdrive by cranking the volume on the clean channel. Because that's so fucking useful.

It's above my budget unfortunately.

>his life is so sad hes still larping
Lmfao

on the other hand, you have an actual piece of 1920s technology at home

get the squier. IBANEZ is seriously a bad brand

You need to take a break for your mental health dude

Attached: D497791D-004B-428D-B621-512AC042BE43.jpg (1125x609, 341K)

Weren't you banned, jcm900fag? I remember seeing you banned for evasion more than once.

get a fernandes or a cort
good companies

what? made in U. B. A.?
United Bongos of Africa?

Attached: blind.jpg (615x409, 41K)

It is truly interesting how Japan as a whole has an identity that comes through on everything they do. Yamaha guitars all have good building quality but sound sterile and bland, just like the Japanese compact cars look onions and are proven to lower your testosterone by 5% when you're driving them.

Probably, since its a kazoo guitar.

No but I'm hoping guitar can finish converting me :3

friendly reminder that if you are avoiding a ban it literally means this is the only thing you have
good luck with life

I can actually spread the fingers on my picking hand further than the fingers on my fretting hand

That doesn't apply to me but what a huge deal that someone's mobile internet isn't fit for watching YouTube on his free time.

I stretch my fingers daily

That's why I got the Katana. It's an absolute game changer. No one can hear tube tone in a blind test anyway.

Well I can. I bet you don't have a single simulation that sounds as good as my Alien.

>bass
you learn the ancient art of slappin'
youtube.com/watch?v=nvMhPqg2jCo
Larry Graham is pretty easy to learn
Lower the action on the bass as much as possible and learn to double thumb, thumb down thumb up pluck, thumb down thumb up pluck you can do amazing groovy stuff with it

For finger picking there's an amazing series by Gary Willis called progressive bassics where he explains his technique, it's tough as hell to adopt but once you learn it it's so solid and natural, it's like bass was meant to be played that way

I don't play anymore but I still love the bass on Spiral Architect
I could play a little technical stuff but this shit is just insane
youtube.com/watch?v=oyh9CQTdV_k

Why would you care? Its almost like theyre getting to you

Why would that be a troll? He's already running an Ampeg 100w 1x15 pretty hard. Their pfs run 350w or 500w for like $40 extra on the used market. He'll need a cab and driver that can handle the extra power. Then the amp won't have to be pushed to satisfy volume needs.

Katana
>100s of great tones
>sparkling cleans, edge of break up, crunch, fuzz, full metal distortion
>portable, powerful, great for recording rehearsal and gigging

Alien
>more expensive, emptywallet.gif
>tries to sound like huge classic rock Marshall, but is completely different
>won't play completely clean cuz tubes lul
>doesn't sound gud quiet
>"Well it sounds better loud, but everyone gets mad at me" lul
>breaks all the time
>Ayylmao

> great tones
Lol sure great
>sparkling cleans, edge of break up, crunch, fuzz, full metal distortion
All of those sound like the same bees in the end
>emptywallet
Your wallet is no one's fault
>tries to sound like huge classic rock Marshall, but is completely different
They're closer to Soldano but mine is the 10w model which is a single ended amp unlike Marshalls. Still it sounds great at any volume. What kind of fag are you to only play quiet anyway

Is it a good idea to put a Jensen speaker (fender-type) on a British voiced amp

Say hi to your neighbor for me

For cleans maybe.

You don't know shit stfu

Ibanez is fine, especially if you want more than 21 frets on your guitar.

If their basses are similar they're also fine.

You'd be surprised but its always idiots like you so the information will fall on deaf and dumb ears.. Enlighten me oh wise one.

Only ibeenhad worth getting is the jem and the js sig. Basswood bodies with shit electronics going for high prices? No thank you. I dont reall have much access to too many jap guitars bit i can certainly say korean quality has gone up considerably so much so that theres better stuff for cheaper than ibeenhad.

What happened to BlueFem? Did he died?

Is basswood worse than two piece maple necks?

if you think the tone is bad just turn the gain up

he still posts here

fake

I just dont like the frequency range basswood has with pickups. Put some Evo pickups in a rg and you will see what i mean. I guess if you like doom metal.its good for that

>muh tonewood

Attached: 1521149882257.jpg (782x770, 298K)

I might be able to get more pictures tonight when I go to that girl’s house again.

post ur dream amp

Attached: marshall_studio_classic.jpg (1200x675, 191K)

>all of those sound like the same bees
no bees are the sound you get with cheap fuzz pedals and starving crappy tube amps and pedals

>10w singe ended
You could have gotten an Epiphone Valve junior and it would have broken way less.

What type of breadboard should I look for if I want some nice, vintage tones?

Might buy one of these soon. I'll be sure to let you know what I think.

Attached: dr103-head-front.bdb1193a.png (1500x1000, 1.88M)

And a Orange 2x12

Attached: preview_1.jpg (1200x1200, 191K)

>tfw drank in the comfort of my own home for the first time last night
>planned to play some bass while drunk and to record it all to see if I come up with something amazing, since I've never played while under the influence before
>ended up masturbating for over an hour then falling asleep soon after

Go with the Squier.
They punch well above their weight.

Not with their Affinity line they dont.

Ok, the spider exercises are coming along nicely, now I need to practice tremolopicking again

Attached: 1969-fender-esquire.jpg (1054x698, 133K)

Has anyone here ever fucking touched a yamaha revstar?
I’ve been looking at getting one of the lower end 320/420 ones but can find hardly anything about them, I don’t understand how these low end ones could be could when even the basic Pacifica’s have better hardware on paper??

again, I recognize the floor and furniture of that store. I need to stop this shit.

What store?

guitargiraffe, from spain.

Dumb question incoming, but how long do you reckon it would take to learn something like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=cgljzUii09U

I just started learning guitar so I can barely do the basic chords at this point.
Should it be doable by summer? So that's ~2-3 months or so

It's in the fucking corner of the pic

Shawn Lane had already developed his technique by age 16

Fucking hell, lads

Attached: pink custom shop.jpg (386x1100, 76K)

sadly he never developed his music beyond that point

I don't know who that is, but thank you for the (you)

>pink
Nice
>relic'd
notNice

>when the drums kick in
Holy hell. I don't remember the music from XV being this good
You'll be able to do the acoustic bit just fine as long as you practice playing your notes nice and clean. Keep at it for an hour a day, user

new thread
new thread
new thread

>pink
>relic'd
>humbucker
Three strikes and you're out.

This guitar has exactly zero allure.

You don't need to pay $300+ for a first bass. Nobody is going to pay attention to the root notes you're playing anyways.

Imagine putting prostitute on your guitar.

This picture is amusing because amps have gain.

Congratulations, you purchased an adequate guitar.

Pretty hideous desu.

His name is Dick.
That's funny because dick is another word for penis.
Penis Dale.

>Marshall
vomit

this

no such thing
I just use some free amp sim software and stopped caring about getting "the amp" altogether

Cute doggo.

if my name was Joe Prostitute, I don't think it would be much of an issue, really

Everyone shits on line 6. They're not a lot different than any other practice amp. If you can get good songs out of that, then you'll sound great on anything.

i think it would be awesome to pair it with my twin preamp

Attached: 12436387_800.jpg (632x600, 89K)