DAW decision

I might spend my tax returns on a DAW and right now I'm trying to decide between Ableton Live and Max/MSP, which one should I go for?
I am aware they're both completely different.

Attached: YrPhTRy.jpg (1580x1219, 741K)

Other urls found in this thread:

audioz.download/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There's nothing you cant do in LMMS for free

LMMS looks and feels so cheap and shitty though and the way you use wav recordings feels very janky

Seeing as most haven’t even heard of the other one you mentioned ableton all the way, fl is aight too

I think ableton suite includes a max license. Also Max isn’t a DAW, it’s a visual programming language and takes years of study to create anything worthwhile

So? I've made the best music of my life with just audacity and LMMS and my desktop keyboard. I do all my stuff with just those

Max/MSP would be legit worth the money for the license. Anything else is decoration/gear fetish

There’s no point in using anything except Ableton. It’s the industry standard.

Actually the main focus is in sound synthesis.

>t. Poorfag

Ableton is a joke, you should be able to make music AUTOMATICALLY and it just turns it into a lego tinker fest

Audacity + command line + LMMS + usb keyboard is literally all you need to make any kind of music.

Yes, but most people don't ever get that far

Links to your lmms songs?

Don’t bother lad. There’s far too many larpers on Soundcloud as it is

No just linux fag who doesnt want to compromise

I used ableton + macbook pro for years, never got anything done

Maybe, not at home now gimme a bit

if that’s the case and you’re serious about synthesis you should pick up a max license and a copy of electronic music and sound design and maybe the computer music tutorial

>literally blaming his tools

I want to make music but all the methods I've seen so far don't satisfy me or work with the type of sound I'm after.
Max seems like something that would be great for generating sounds and harmonies.
I'll need something to use for editing and arranging the sounds though which is why I am in search of a good all around DAW.
I could use my video editing program for that purpose but idk it just feels weird.

>samefagging this hard
KYS

What the actual fuck? How do you even work with all that shit overlapping?

Attached: 1550785275187.jpg (750x742, 36K)

ableton live has a version of Max already bundled with it. i haven't used it but i'm pretty sure you can program it like you can with the standalone application and they're integrated pretty seamlessly imo. so you can use max4live for your sound design process and easily insert those sounds into an arrangement and mix them without switching windows

autism

Okay then here is my next question:

Should I get Ableton Live or Audiomulch?

if you went with max you could use easily use a free program like audacity or maybe reaper or something to arrange audio files recorded directly in max. Depends on what you’re trying to do

You can't drag and drop in audacity though.

i'm a producer who runs a small label and am in contact with many artists. i'm talking about electronic music here.
ableton is the standard and most will use this one.
some people still prefer other daws such as fl, bitwig, reaper, logic, etc... not it all comes to where are you most comfortable.
now max is a completely different beast, i would recommend learning ableton first and then using max a long with it later on.
@ me if you have any questions.
cheers

>i'm talking about electronic music here.
kek

you do know that a DAW is used in a kind of production right?

>his daw is horizontal

Attached: 1398142446426.gif (590x333, 124K)

You do play an actual instrument right?

trackerfag kys

Can I write some stuff up in a piano roll and then control something like a KORG Minilogue XD with it?

Don't waste your money. Learn pure data or preferably supercollider.

You don't, that patch is a messy piece of shit.

pírate all your software from audioz.com. thats what i did. now im a famous Hollywood composer. (One part of this sentence was false. Can you guess which one?

oh sorry it's audioz.download/

You can do that with almost any of the DAWs: Ableton, Reaper, etc

>his daw has a gui

Attached: 015123518335.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

Nice

Attached: phrase_1.1f.png (326x265, 5K)