He only listens to rock/rap/pop

>he only listens to rock/rap/pop
>he never listens to classical

Are there seriously people who do this? How do you not get bored listening to the same shit regurgitated over and over again?

Attached: 506138E1-C607-4002-B6F9-0B3FE0E87D55.jpg (660x574, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/89jOPAGJq-M
youtu.be/VbxgYlcNxE8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_guitar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I listen to metal, classical and bluegrass exclusively.

I love classical, but to be fair too much classical is also pretty boring.

what if I listen to prog rock covers of classical pieces

most people who listen to rock care mostly about the words and the rhythm, which classical doesn't have
the musicians who listen are guitarists, and classical is not a guitar genre

>t. ADHD and proud

Nice projection, you do you though

Attached: 250px-Autism_Speaks_Logo.jpg (250x250, 9K)

>classical is not a guitar genre
you sure? thats excluding alot of early works with basso continuo, works written for lute viuhela or any other guitar ancestor like John Dowland songs, the Giuliani 180 right hand studies and concerto etc, Sor studies, Paganini works, Tarrega, Manuel Ponce, Antinio Jose, Rodrigo, and all the other great composers ive failed to mention

look I know there's plenty of guitar stuff in classical music. But
1) most of it's not entry-level. you don't listen to renaissance music or guitar-violin duets at first, you listen to symphonies, piano music, and string quartets
2) the guitar language of classical music is so far beyond the technical knowledge of the typical self-taught pop guitarist it might as well be another instrument

and by the way, I'm not saying people shouldn't listen to classical. They should. I'm just explaining why they don't.

I listen classical music. But most of the classicalfags are insufferable cunts

You realise it's the same for every genre, right?

To someone who isn't particularly interested in the details,
>youtu.be/89jOPAGJq-M
sounds exactly the same as
>youtu.be/VbxgYlcNxE8

Classical gets fucking boring after a while.
Like every other type of music.

Modern hip hop is trap, metal is shred and blast, and pop is edm. Don't be such a pretentious twat.

>1 and 2
fair points man, that said youd be surprised how many 'pop' guitarists start out on this side of the fence

oh, sure. classical training gives you a huge edge over people who are self-taught. I wish we provided that training for more budding guitarists.

I mostly listen to rap but once in a blue moon I'll listen to atonal classical pieces or some john williams.
I don't get bored simply because rap is equally vast in it's expressions as classical

>rap is equally vast in it's expressions as classical
Hahaha

>it's
Anyways, to claim that rap is as vast as classical is a stretch. It has existed for a really tiny fraction of the time that classical music has, and really classical is so broad and ancient that there's barely a comparison to be made. If you said something like "romantic preludes and noctures and rap are equally vast", you might have a valid premise. I really like rap, but I don't think it has the same variety as all of classical music, and it's more exhaustible just because of the historical quality filters that classical has passed through.

>most people who listen to rock care mostly about the words and the rhythm, which classical doesn't have
Are you fucking retarded of have you literally never heard of songs, Lieder, chansons, troubadours, opera etc.?

>classical is not a guitar genre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_guitar
What kind of retards am I sharing this board with

People who don't read think books are boring. If you think classical music is boring then you're missing a hundred things happening. And no, most of these things aren't present in 3-10 minute pop songs with simplified tonal functional harmony and emphasis on melodies or repeating rhythms. There's more to classical music than le pretty 3 romantic composers you've heard of in your life.

My claim was that the expressions within both genres are equally vast. I don't see how age factors into that.
And by expressions I mean expressions of pain, joy, loss, gain, love etc.
I do agree that rap does not have the same variety as classical and that's where the age gap would factor in.

>listen to rap

Attached: 1550672454177s.jpg (124x107, 2K)

>It's complex therefore it can't be boring.
I bet this guy also convinced himself Primer is an entertaining movie.

Because I don't like classical music and I like rock music.