There are losers on this board RIGHT NOW who have never been to a concert before in their entire lives. Also no...

There are losers on this board RIGHT NOW who have never been to a concert before in their entire lives. Also no, your school ones don't count.

Let's all laugh at them in unison ITT.

Attached: smug hebrew.jpg (977x1125, 87K)

nah

If you haven't gone to a live show, you don't actually like music and that's fucking final.

Attached: 1519322167352.jpg (900x600, 159K)

>paying to watch people play music that you can get for free
The jews really got you guys

>supporting artists you like to experience a live performance
lol JEWED out of your shekels again dumb goy I like music so much I torrent everything :^)

>This faggot doesn't support the artists he likes

I only attend normie concerts now because SXSW has ruined everything about underground concerts for me.

I encourage this actually. If you haven't gone you're probably a obese fuck or huge autists with enough self awarness to not embarrass yourself anymore. Trust me if you're either of the things I said earlier and are at a concert people are laughing at you

>musicians make money from ticket sales
HAHAHAHAHA

what is the next gig everyone is going to see? post em
fatboy slim here

Attached: riley ok.png (630x444, 300K)

>Trust me if you're either of the things I said earlier and are at a concert people are laughing at you
No they aren't. Some people are to pre-occupied waiting for the how to start etc.

Imagine being so insecure that you want something (anything) to make you feel better, and this is all you can come up with

you honestly should neck yourself, but if not, at least we know you're never going to reproduce.

You obviously dont know a fucking thing about the industry. Bands dont make money from ticket sales period. Unless its like metallica or some huge name that sells tickets for 100 bucks a pop.

We got a live one over here. Why are you so shy/scared to show up to public events, user. Feel free to explain yourself.

Attached: 343443.png (327x316, 165K)

how do you think they earn their money you fucking imbecile?
streaming barley pays them anything and merch is only about 20 - 30% of their earnings.

Not him, but i toured in a band once. We never got paid for the door. We literally only got money from t shirts. The promoters and the venues take all that money.

We're talking about actual touring musicians and bands. Not the small time band you were in.

Best concert you've been to?
For me it was unironically Kero Kero Bonito

I never said that little guy
I said you were insecure and looking for something to make you feel better
lrn2readingcomprehension

i was a roadie for 4 years, thats complete bullshit.
could be true for an amateur indie band/artist, maybe.

Never been to a concert but I've seen a lot of live opera

t. 24yo boomer

All Them Witches are coming to montreal soon, I'll probably check it out

>SUPPORT THE ARTIST

Attached: 1555165613.png (680x550, 68K)

As the ultimate music gatekeeper, I agree with this.

Attached: what-a-dumb-post.png (966x764, 315K)

>having the balls to go outside, let alone go to concerts

how you guys do it?

Attached: ibjva.jpg (307x309, 17K)

Turn to mind-altering substances

This affected bullshit is so tiresome. You are not a shut-in; you're at best a midly schizoid young man

REO Speedwagon is playing in April so I might go, friends band is opening for some local bar show too with some popular names so i'm gonna go support them

Literally stop giving a fuck. It's 2019. The planet is fucked, everything sucks and the universe is vastly indefferent. No one gives a shit. I work in a grocery store and theres crazy people and drunk hobos smelling like piss sometimes that literally start screaming schizo babbles. When the store is full no one even reacts to it. Not at all, they just ignore. No one laughs at you, hell no one really acknowledges your existence. Unless you make them care. So, whats left? Try to have fun, theres no fucking reason to keep feeling sorry for yourself till your midlife crisis hits and you realize you missed your physical peak on this earth and time keeps running out.

So far Ween has probably been my favorite live show, saw them in NY this last December and they were amazing

Gripspilled detected

Attached: 1504522166397.png (1280x720, 1015K)

Talking about which, they are amazing live. Something you have to expeerience. When Zach started drumming I couldn't believe those were really human arms and a human heart powering this whole everything up.

psycroptic or eyehategod
claypool/lennon
mono

I'm going to a flamenco show in a few minutes.

Attached: 1519324153080m.jpg (555x1024, 55K)

going to see HEALTH this week

I’m just broke

King Crimson in Tennessee.

John maus!!!!! im so excited : ^ )

also Xiu Xiu, Bones, maybe slayer too

cus i don't wanna
also i live in a shitty country and it's a bitch to keep track on when artists/bands i like are coming to play here

You seem insecure.

I saw KKB live, they had two drummers and they both fucking sucked

you sound like the kind of person that would not listen to music unless other people listened to music
you sound like that kind of person because you are that kind of person
live shows are about theater and being part of a group, the music itself comes as close to not mattering as it ever possibly could, considering
you conflating this with the entire art form of music reveals that you are a wholly worthless sheep
this is an inescapable reality that you will never accept

Attached: dead01.gif (300x607, 5K)

Hoping to see Foxing in march or maybe Avey Tare in april

Daughters/Blanck Mass
>eyehategod
Where at my famalam?

stl april 2 my guy

I saw jason webley at a coffee shop in st louis
small, comfy show - about 30 people were there
I wouldn't want to go to anything bigger than that

you're an idiot

maybe John Maus on wednesday, still deciding on if i go see Perturbator in may, and already got tickets for King Crimson in sept.

live music can be extremely sub-par
t. hip hop shows

>bands make no money from selling tickets
>bands play every show for free, voluntarily, out of their own goodwill

unironically Lil b, badbadnotgood or weird al. beach house pre-tumblr was pretty good. death grips pre powers that b was pretty good.

I 100% agree with that premise.

I SAID IT'S FUCKING FINAL

based
sorry Jerome, shit hop is subpar no matter what

>hip hop
>music
Well there's your problem

You HAVE to experience a live concert. It’s all about enjoying the music with other people you bounce off each other’s energy. Last year my dumbass had bought two tickets for a lot of concerts thinking some girl would go with me but I went to most of them alone lmao at the end of the day I went for the music and there’s nothing like watching your favorite band or artist perform a song that has meaning to you in a room full of people who share the same intense feeling for the same song. It makes you feel connected and human it’s really good for the soul you don’t even need drugs. But obviously the make it better

Concerts are absolute trash and you only go for attention and because it seems like the "cool" thing to do. Other than orchestras of course. Anyone who actually cares about music realizes that the best way to indulge in it is at home with nice headphones, not next to a bunch of sweaty hipsters and arthoes while a band that doesn't give a shit plays poorly.

What the fuck are talking about?

2/10 bait attempt.

Oh fuck off, that is my genuine feeling towards concerts and you know it's true. Just because you're hurt doesn't make it bait.

Massive Attack Mezzanine anniversary show, next month. Then Hop Along in April. Stereolab in October. Hopefully some more shows between those last 2.

based

Im going to see JPEGMafia and Vince Staples in Toronto

No it’s definitely a shit tier bait attempt. (Even if it’s truly not, you should embrace it as one because it’s honestly a lot less embarrassing than being so much of a socially inept NPC that you can’t experience the joys of live music.) You should also probably listen to better music if all the bands you listen to are poor in a live setting and visibly give no shit about their performance. A lot of people enjoy being enveloped by live sound and seeing their favorite songs performed in person. Can’t get that from your headphones in your phone. It has nothing to do with seeking attention, so please stop projecting like a dweeb. Everyone at a show is focused on the stage and artists performing. Why on earth would someone give an iota of a fuck about you personally?

It sounds like you sort of just suck at this musical thing all around, and have a really pathetic grasp on reality. Or you’re baiting. Like I said, let’s do you a solid and just pretend it’s the latter.

>thinking that being part of an audience makes him less of a loser

Black midi. amped

>calls me the NPC
>implying concert goers aren't mindless drones
Look how focues they are on the stage, and not on their phones. What a spiritual experience it is to sweat and push each other around in a small room over the "love of music".

Attached: averageconcert.jpg (920x614, 48K)

It's not true you fucking aspie. All you know about life is from other bitter sacks of shit like you.

Go outside.

massive attack's MEZZANINEXXI show next month, i'm beyond excited

Whatever makes you feel better and superior to others. I, and all them and people here are laughing at you. Go on and get tight about it, I'll just talk shit more to you.

you have shit taste if you go to the type of concerts where people are on their phones/record the show

have a nice life with planning for burial in NYC

daughters is fucking unreal live m8 enjoy

What's wrong user? Did I hurt your feelings because I know I'm right as you sit alone and don't even take part in a interest and hobby you have because your literal autism pretentiousness in a way makes you feel better? Go on ahead, talk shit to people who actually like to go out, have fun, experience life, and our interests in the bands and artists that make the music we like. Having a great time, we drink, eat, and socialize and have a great night as you sit behind a screen with this bullshit smug expression on your face. I'm an awkward, socially anxious motherfucker and I love it. You're just full of shit.

td;lr, Kys.

>Look how focues they are on the stage, and not on their phones
The phones are focused on the stage you dummy

I get why people bitch about it, but it's just part of the times. It annoys me to see people take pics and video that might not even be shared. I just enjoy the show, live in the moment, and go home. Then later that night, get drunk and hope and wish I was on the stage too.

What concerts don't have phones in this day and age?
You seem much more upset than I am lol.

>Only I say how other people should enjoy a concert!
Stop

Not him. But I’d rather be as irritable as he is than as autistic as you are.

And that's all you have to say because I called you out, and you're incapable of any response. So that's why I got " you seem upset". Whatever makes you feel better, but you're missing out. One day it'll bite you on the ass HARD and you'll be full of regret, anger, and sadness because you didn't try to enjoy anything in your life and spent your time ridiculing others because of it.

MAMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAA
TELL THE MEANIES PUT THEIR TELL UH PHONES DOWN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
MOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I CAN'T SEE THE STAGE MOMMMMYYYYYYYYYY
TOO MANY PHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONES
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I'M NOT BIG ENOUGH TO SEE THE STAGE MOMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAA
PFBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBT
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 28fj3w.jpg (633x758, 62K)

So you assume because I don't like concerts that I don't do literally ANYTHING else? You're projecting and talking shit more than anyone and seem awfully sensitive about it too. I'm not trying "make myself feel better" no matter how many times you say it. Maybe you're just trying to justify the insane amounts of money you've spent on shows that simply aren't worth it.

Don't even try to backpedal now.

What the fuck are you talking about.

Iceage

(also tickets for Iron Maiden, and Ozzy w/ Megadeth. I just wanted to see those shows before they retire.)

My city is not a usual stopping spot for bands.

You know exactly what I'm talking about. You made the post.

Not him but what do you do?

Nothing, he sits alone ridiculing others to feel better about himself and his life. I have a garbage one to but you'll NEVER see me ripping on people for taking part in art, going to shows, being around others, and enjoying themselves.

When I'm not jacking off or arguing with dipshits like on Yea Forums, I'm either working or at school. But outside of that I'm in a mens league for soccer and basketball, go to the gym, take in art like music, film, or literature. I don't know, I'm not interesting, but I'm also not as autistic as I'm being made out to be either, I hope.

Claypool Lennon is amazing live

Sorry user, that's not much of anhything

You're full of shit.

>YEAH BRO I LOVE HAVING MY HEARING DAMAGED JUST SO I CAN BE SHOULDER TO SHOULDER WITH LITERALLY A THOUSAND SMELLY ASSHOLES IN BLACK TSHIRTS ALL TO HEAR A WORSE PERFORMANCE OF A STUDIO ALBUM I'VE ALREADY HEARD AND MAYBE A BAD COVER
Concerts are dogshit. literally only good for free drugs if you can get them.
bar and club shows are the only acceptable form of listening to non-classical music live.

you're a pretty insufferable faggot based on the way you act, and that counts for more than a couple hobbies.

You're pathetic. I have no idea where you got all that shit from anyway.

>what are earplugs
kek

go to any live show for a rock or metal band and everyone is in black t shirts and fucking reeks like skunk thanks to stupid fucking marijuana.
All to be outside where it will either be cold as fuck, hot as fuck, or raining/snowing.

>have to buy extra equipment to not get permanent damage
wow what a lovely experience

>>have to buy
Venues offer them for free you dummy

I know I'm pretty boring. It is what it is.
I might be a faggot, but your overblown defensive reaction makes you a much bigger faggot than me.

You're just trolling at this point and there's no point in me, or anyone else even replying to you.

overblown defensive reaction? I was just pointing out that you act like a big baby, thanks for proving me right. I've never seen someone get offended this easily.

>I know I'm pretty boring. It is what it is.
So you misspoke

absolutely based

all the musicans I like are either dead, became utter dogshit and will probably play their bad new music instead of their good old music, or stopped doing live shows entirely.
Also you have to deal with seeing other shitty groups before the one you came there to see actually plays. And you have to deal with assholes.

But you sound like the asshole

>And you have to deal with assholes.
No you don't, everyone I've met at any show has been cool. Yeah, You'll get those drunk dickheads with their boys that want to start shit, but it's best to just move somewhere else in the crowd and enjoy the rest of the show. People suck, I get it.

holy FUCK I am so embarrassed!!!!!!

why would one go to a concert? music is the lowest form of live entertainment

I’m losing my concert virginity to Adrian Belew in about a week. What am I in for? I’m expecting a bunch of boomers.

i cant wait until my next show, which i believe is in a week or so. the smaller the venue the better. i dont think ive ever been to a concert at a huge arena, mostly because the tickets are to expensive for ones like that. it would really have to be a band i really LOVE to pay that kind of money haha. anyways live music is amazing. if you have not been to a live show i feel sorry for such person, it is truly a memorable experience you will never forget, especially if its a band you really like.

...are there actually people (not just on Yea Forums, but anywhere) who have never been to a show?
I mean I've been to hundreds and I don't even like music.

>I mean I've been to hundreds and I don't even like music.
Why?

You've probably been to a lot of playgrounds in your life. Are you a monkey bar enthusiast? A slide aficionado?

When I went to the playground, I enjoyed playing on them

Try again

Do you go to bars? Would you say you like bars?

smashmouth played the allstar at my school

Attached: 1550090697308.jpg (711x483, 45K)

Just answer the question, fucktard

You didn't answer mine, but I'll do you the courtesy. Shows were a good place to meet up and be social. Maybe you'll meet new friends. Maybe there will be girls you could fuck. Maybe your friends play in bands and you wanna support them. Maybe you just feel like you want to get in the pit and shove some people around tonight. If you think the only reason people attend concerts is because they like the music being played, you are deeply deluded.
How about malls? Are you a shopping centre enthusiast?

>pass pavement concert while walking in millenium park in chicago in 2010
>listen to gold soundz and leave
>mfw only concert I have ever remotely been to

Attached: BE5046C9-DFA2-40E1-BADB-5DBE440BD89B.jpg (1600x900, 77K)

>You didn't answer mine
That's because I asked first?
>Maybe
>Maybe
>Maybe
Fuck are you talking about? Just answer the question.

I did, but please continue to feel butt angry if you disagree.

Attached: mzZr6vb.jpg (1080x305, 46K)

I went to one for the first time last October and only enjoyed it when the band was playing, the rest of it sucked bad.

morbid angel, immolation, and blood incantation (I forgot the fourth act)

Wow, why so aggressive when asked a simple question?

Are you a shooter or something?

bring some earplugs, saw morbid angel round the time heretic came out, and couldnt hear shit for a week after because of trey's solos

First live show was a john carpenter show and got to meet with him backstage he a chill guy I was talking to him about my korg minilogue and ms-20, I was 17 at the time.

>discover new band
>realise you just missed their tour
>one show was near you

is there a worse feel?

Because you won't even back up your own argument with out being completely retarded and acting like your better than everyone else because you spend 100% of your time alone and not taking chances to be social and enjoy yourself. You want to talk down to everyone about it.

definitely going to, don't worry

I felt that way about CHVRCHES playing their first USA shows and stopping by the national in Richmond. I ended up not going because of work. I still regret it, but I have had no actual interest in seeing them live after that.

Actually, I think it may have been The Broadberry.

>Because you won't even back up your own argument
What argument?

>being completely retarded and acting like your better than everyone else because you spend 100% of your time alone and not taking chances to be social and enjoy yourself. You want to talk down to everyone about it.
If it makes you feel better that's fine, but you'll get it later in life and regret it hard. We're just laughing at and mocking you at this point.

>you spend 100% of your time alone and not taking chances to be social and enjoy yourself.
When did I say this?

Concerts are just SHITTY TAKES

Nobody cares when retarded faggots mock them. It's a very good thing to get mocked by people like you because it means you are likely to be fucking correct about the thing you're being mocked about, by dint of it being mocked by an obtuse retard who thinks mockery is evidence.

His not correct. Stop lying to yourself.

Correct about what?

Quote me my post where you think I "made an argument"

Mayberry at The Broadberry, Ha.

Nevermind, you're right, you guys are arguing about a subjective thing with no correct resolution because you're both fucking retards, and I'm a fucking retard for assuming that it was anything but that type of conversation on a board which is dumber than /pol/

Nah, I'm pretty sure that guy is more retarded than I am.

I would go to one but I don't have friends or drug connections and wouldn't know what to wear.

epic

Ive only been to 2 concerts in my life and one of them was for nelly (free ticket, just got pissed and went). Bands that I would pay to see hardly play near me, also I don't worship artists so I wouldn't pay a significant amount to hear them live. Just watch them live on YouTube, same experience for me if not better than watching it with a crowd of annoying people

xiu xiu

Cope: /kōp/ verb
(of a person) deal effectively with something difficult.

Sometimes I forget that Yea Forums is primarily teens and neets who refuse to work or can only afford to work part time as wage slaves. Unless you're trying to catch some sort of butt-rock stadium show, tickets should run you $25-$60 after fees on average. Quality earplugs that filter out harsh noise and let you enjoy the music can be had for $20. Get your moms to let you borrow the family van or at least drop you off, Uber home. This shit shouldn't make you broke if you have any semblance of an income.

ethno jazz

Daughters

Wait, so you’re going to the same show as me but you aren’t seeing Daughters at Warsaw? The fuck

Live music is great.

dont listen to those fags, based user

Snail Mail

I'm going to my first two concerts next month, Judas Priest (Previously Ozzy) and Slayer (Opened by Anthrax), So that's gonna be cool.

>fatboy slim here
how's it going Norm, scratched any records lately? keep up the good work lad

I live in a third world shithole, just shoot me now.
Although I did see Fall Out Boy back in 2013 but that doesn't count.

Attached: 1419769955938.jpg (1200x900, 351K)

Ive been to literally hundreds of shows. Its not even fun anymore so i quit going.

I like the idea of it but the reality is uncomfortable. I went to a concert once and had a panic attack in the crowd without being able to get out. That was also my last concert.

>
bob dylan i love dylan so much

gy!be live was religious

if you can't appreciate live music i feel sorry for you

That's some top tier reddit cringe

BASED

don't bands make most of their money from tickets and merch sales at shows these days?

I have been to a couple festivals but i don't consider them as concerts. But i will see Muse in summer if something major doesn't happen.

Why is Yea Forums so shit during yuroslim hours?

based and redpilled and chad
ITS NOT ABOUT FUCKING MONEY, YOU FUCKING CRINGELETS
YOU GO TO BANG THE SHIT OUT OF YOUR FUCKING NECK UNTIL IT SNAPS
YOU GO TO RUB YOUR BODY AGAINST RANDOM GIRLS
NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT HOW YOU LOOK, ITS COMPLETELY DARK IN THERE
AS LONG AS YOU DONT SMELL LIKE SHIT YOURE GONNA BE OK
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
JUST GO AND ENJOY YOURSELVES 50 KG CRINGELETS WITH 219481% BODYFAT

aw i hope xiu xiu likes me

Kristin Hersh. Yeah, she's become a virtue-signalling cunt but she still rocks like a bitch.