What music does Generation Z (born 1995-2005) listen to?

What music does Generation Z (born 1995-2005) listen to?

Attached: Generation-Z.jpg (5000x3446, 1.12M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6ngdUiecnVw
youtube.com/watch?v=WkVvG4QTO9M
youtube.com/watch?v=Sk-U8ruIQyA
youtube.com/watch?v=I2sRc3j7IU0
instaud.io/3lti
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the friends they made along the way

>born 1995
no we're millenials not zoomers stop it zoomers start in 1997 i'm not a zoomer REEEEEEEEEE

>proudly calling yourself a millennial
Yikes

If you were under 10 years old at the turn of the millennium then you're a zoomer.

>huh? ya y a ya ya hubudihubdi ggrrrra grrrra skkkkkrrrt racks racks BITCH FUCK SHIT I GOT HOEEEEEEEEEEEES

My Bunny Valentine (unironically)

youtu.be/6ngdUiecnVw

my sis is 1996. she likes LANY (shite), chainsmokers (shite). yeah basically mostly shite, xept for some indie folk/synth pop we both enjoy.

Literally anything we listen to is better than your trite grandpa shit. Im so glad rock died

I was born in 1995 and I listen to prog rock and metal mostly.

ZOOMERS are 1999-2005

Your favorite band.

No

Mr Soul prob kek

>tfw 19
I like Talk Talk, Slint, Kate Bush, Van Morrison, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, fusion Miles Davis, Can, so on and so forth.
I'm currently listening to Berlioz.

Shut up nobody cares you fucken pleb

Fuck zoomers it's all about the Alphas (2012 - 2022)

I remember when I used to say I was 19 because saying I was 18 made it too obvious that I was underage.

Repent, zoomer.

true. it's 2000-2010. this is a fact tho.

Attached: GenZGenAlpha_McCrindle_Page2.png (1136x800, 139K)

As a zoomer myself, I mostly listen to post-hardcore and midwest emo. Although I'm trying to get into death metal and black metal right now, since I've gotten to that point where I'm looking for something heavier. Feel like a boomer more than anything, I guess.

Attached: 1521325870084.jpg (1024x768, 190K)

Dubioza Kolektiv, Joy Division, The doors, Comethazine, The Clash, Bob Dylan, Billy Marchiafava, Rammstein and a lot of others

Tail end of Gen Y here. You Zoomers are alright.

Zoomer guys mostly listen to soundcloud rap or indie rock, and women mostly listen to pop like lana del ray, ariana, cardi b or k pop.

>Bordeoms
>Sigur Ros
>Bjork
>Death Grips
>Negativland
>Les Rallizes

Technically people from there are millennial, but I bet your memory didn't begin to serve you 98'-99'.
Culturally you're more aligned with zoomers

Let me add to this
If you live in the states and don't remember 9/11 you're culturally aligned with Gen Z

Was the global finical crisis really a culturally defining moment? And hate how they're predicting with gen alpha
>lel
This has been here for a long time

Mumblerap

>there's an entire generation that was too young to have experienced the world pre-mainstream internet
Feel bad for them desu

jazz, yall are plebs

The cure, the Smith's, death, Tom waits, Elliott Smith, burzum, notorious b.i.g.

dude youre still autistic and thats what defines you not your generation
retard

>Old school hip hop
>shoegaze
>syd barret
>bit of(i.e. tourist) prog, grunge, nu metal
Now getting into/planning to get into:
>funk, soul
>jazz
>underground hip hop
>Yea Forumscore
>maybe synthwave, vaporwave, math rock

Guys:
>SoundCloud rap
>90s golden age hip hop (only most popular artists)
>shitty 80s pop (Africa)
>2008+ indie (can’t bear to listen to anything made before 2000)
>bland classic rock songs (Boston, Fleetwood Mac, eagles)
Women:
>cardi b shit
>generic pop (early 2010s)
>kpop, if applicable
>some emo/scene music (MCR, Panic at the Disco)
>2008+ indie rock (Snail Mail and other soi music)

most of this is right but as a gen z i can say that ipods were still pretty big in our days.
spotify only blew up like 2-3 yrs ago

Feb '95
Metal (virtually all subgenres)
Punk (Powerviolence/Crust mostly)
Neofolk
Martial Industrial
Harsh Noise
Memphis Rap

Personally just alternative rock and metal, favourite bands being Biffy Clyro and Enter Shikari because American music is shit

You're right, but I think the impact of streaming services is just so big and is favored by some any others that I think it's right to say it's the hall mark of music listening.

its too early to generalize Gen Alpha. most of that stuff applies to Gen Z anyways

This, 9/11 is a prefect zoomer measuring stick. For example, I was born in 98 and don’t remember any of that madness. Im a zoomy zoom zoom

Whoever made this is really out of touch because I don't think I've heard someone Gen Z say most of those phrases for years

'00 zoomer, mostly listen to soundcloud hip hop. Fav artists are Denzel Curry, Yung Lean, and Kanye

Well I was like 10 when the GFC went down, but I can clearly and vividly remember the completely depressing atmosphere that was wading throughout the country at the time. In America at least

Buzzwords for Gen Z should be
>Trash
>Nigga
>Squad
>All the Gen Alpha buzzwords as well (not Hundo, no one says that lmao)
>Bet
>Deadass
>Vro

There isn't really an answer, since zoomers don't have a "common taste". The rise of the internet has resulted in a generation that listens to a wide variety of music, without much of an alignment to specific scenes. The mainstream isn't a good measurement of what zoomers listen to- music taste is overall more diverse than ever.

Well this isn't right because I was born in '96, remember 9/11 and getting sent home from kindergarten (and my parents watching CNN non-stop), and my first music device was a portable CD player for my Trapt s/t and Green Day International Superhits, and later the stick of gum iPod shuffle. I didn't start use spotify for the first time until after I graduated from high school.

I think most people are listening to a lot of hip-hop since that's going through a boom right now and a few RnB artists who were big in the 2000s like Rihanna. The genre I'm listening to a lot right now is mostly in the alternative scene, where we are seeing some musicians change to a blend of electronic and alternative rock. Some good examples of those imo are Grandson, Two Feet, and some of Mike Shinoda's solo work.
youtube.com/watch?v=WkVvG4QTO9M
youtube.com/watch?v=Sk-U8ruIQyA
youtube.com/watch?v=I2sRc3j7IU0

If you want a general answer though. Its trap music. Every zoomer has a weakness for it

March '95
The top 5 I've most consistently digged all my life no particular order
Kanye
Gucci Mane
Alice in Chains
Chris Cornell / Soundgarden
Linkin Park

Objectively wrong. Zoomers are born after 2000, grew up in late 00's and 10's.

This is true, except for the boomer zoomers (they like r3al music)

I'm actually 19 though... :(

2001 here, chart related

Attached: C1AD43A0-8EE2-426E-8B8A-1861092298B2.jpg (1250x1250, 591K)

zoomers starts at 99, you drooling mongoloid

>28 in 2019
>zoomer

???

this is retarded. how is trump/brexit a defining event for someone who was 6 years old in 2010?

1999 boi here i listen to mostly lofi, rap, and indie folk.

i was born in 97 and literally none of the gen z shit apply to me.
what is this absolute trash ?

>Gen Y with an Ipod
No, I hate a CD player through high school and burned CDs.
>BMX Bike for iconic toys?
No.
>Gen-Alpha: Influence-Advice: Robo-advice
We're fucked.

I'm 23 does this mean I'm a zoomer?
If yes, then Death Grips

>Lel is Gen Alpha slang
JEJ HAAH WAAW

Zoomers are kids who can't remember shit like Bill Clinton, Y2K or 9/11

Gen Alpha will like this a lot : instaud.io/3lti

2001 here
>lo-fi indie
>midwest emo
>sunshine pop
>power pop
>dance-punk, indie folk, hardcore hiphop tourist

97 here, mainly listen to Ween, REO Speedwagon and Neck Deep. Genre wise pop punk and classic rock are what i'll usually go for but I also enjoy some Dean Martin, Sinatra and similar artists.

What the fuck but you're too right. Everyone I know listens to this shit and it's tiring

Born in 95 and I remember 9/11 and y2k

Attached: A88431D2-DB32-4882-814B-763BDB37A696.jpg (634x870, 136K)

Most stuff on this board

> Death grips
>neutral milk
>black flag
>minor threat
>operation ivy
>sticky fingers
03 here, zoom zoom

Mmmmmmmh

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.jpg (347x550, 39K)

Jesus Christ that is painful.

Hello, underage.

You are not a Millennial. We're like 1982-1995.

Hello, boomer

2000 here
Listened to a lot of Lil peep sophomore year of high school. (Schemaposse > GBC and I'll take that to my grave)
Still listen to him occasionally but I personally don't like his newer stuff, and almost all of his posthumous releases are obviously things he didn't think were good enough to be worth releasing.
Love Saetia and Moss Icon.
Big on that nerd shit like Milo, Aesop Rock, etc.
Triple One is underrated as hell. Yeek's finally getting recognition so that's cool.
Wu-Tang while taking a shower is a great way to start the day. Night Lovell also makes some bangers for the shower. Bones is a guilty pleasure.
Cole Benzo and MKULTRA (formerly gemstonecult) are my angry hidden gems.
A.J. Suede needs some recognition.

It's pretty obvious if you pay attention all those things got big in your generation, not that they were there for your whole life (since they were created after most of the generation was born).

The one biggest flaw on this chart which should be obvious is Generation Z is Trump/Brexit and Gen Alpha is unknown. Every other generation's event is 5-7 years after the last members of the generation are born, not before the generation has even ended.

kanye and kpop

2000 here,
mostly indie folk and Yea Forumscore but that could be bc of my filthy woman genes

most listen to cloud rap, lots of trap, and whatever's on the radio
the art hoes of the future listen to mac demarco, the beatles, tame impala, and the flavor of the month indie group
t. 18 year old who only listens to synth pop and prog

feelsbadman

Better zoomer memes phrases:
Deadass
Bet
Finesse
Juul
Finna

Finna requires living near a black center like oakland to here often in real life though