Alive 2007

It’s overrated af. Debate me.

Attached: 95051418-F440-49DB-9D10-27D2F9C6DBE8.jpg (220x220, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MvgOAiDLjeo
youtube.com/watch?v=8zZD_ItaEuU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you're wrong

/debate

It's great. Plus it came at a relative quiet time for the band before their enroumous second act.

It's overrated for a reason.

/thread

It's mixed like absolute garbage, and is mostly just layering their songs together (many of which are loops created by other people entirely)
Overrated as shit, Daft Punk are not good at producing, they are good at stealing parts of good songs and pretending they made it. (And hilariously not letting people like Will I Am, sample in the same way)

>Can't sing
>Too pussy to use their faces so they wear robot masks
>Most generic bloop bloop music
>Completly sold out and makes background generic music for corporate shills like The Weeknd
Is there a worst electronic group

It's not great. It's terrible

This. Daft Punk is the poor mans Justice.

el oh el

The encore to that album is 11/10, but I honestly prefer Alive 1997

Literally kys

It's literally the other way round.

there's no debate you're just retarded and your taste sucks

Justice>Chemical Brothers>>>>>>>>>>>Daft Punk

naming other artists similar to the one being discussed is not an argument to why they are bad

The mask thing only started with Discovery.
youtube.com/watch?v=MvgOAiDLjeo

I prefer 2007 over 1997 but the encore is the best thing Daft Punk have ever made by simple virute of it containing Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You.

How did concert organizers know that it was the real daft punk when they performed? If daft punk never takes are masks off, could theoretically two guys with the same masks go the concert and perform?

the robot masks are just marketing during the discovery era. they were already established musicians and DJs before forming daft punk duo

Attached: 1431430769038.jpg (527x565, 117K)

It's funny, they only gave a shit for 3 years until they got shilled to being famous, then next thing you know they don't make albums often and only tour once in 20 years because "lol we're sick" (though magically they can perform for the Grammys). It's such a brand at this point they probably hire people to make music for them
I honestly think they are the laziest group of sellouts in existence

They do take their masks off though and known what they look like, they could just ask them to take their helmets off and see if it's them. They were famous (admittedly mostly in France) a fair bit before Discovery. Their best track is from Homework.
youtube.com/watch?v=8zZD_ItaEuU

Justice is fucking garbage

100% agree. After years of people consistently asserting that it's by far the best thing DP ever produced I finally checked it out and wowee it's just a bunch of crappier mixes of songs I'd rather hear in their original form. I'm sure it made sense to mix it this way for a stage show but for personal listening I find it to be very definitely inferior.