The nico tracks clicked

>the nico tracks clicked

holy fuck this really is the greatest album of all time

Attached: 71H2+Sj3wmL._SX355_.jpg (355x351, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_albumsddd.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

can someone please explain how this album is good? because it isn't

PLEB

>greatest album of all time
it fucking sucks

I was a member of this place's music forum for years and they don't even rate it in the top 30 GOAT rock albums
digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_albumsddd.html
(their list makers have an extremely broad definition of "rock music"–pretty much anything that was released after the era of Elvis Presley/James Brown/Chuck Berry is game for that label in their opinion)

stick to your mumble rap

It's a very important album.

> 1. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967) - The Beatles

annnnnddddddd discarded. fuck off back to your epic music forum if you like it so much. nobody here gives a fuck.

Revolver > TVU&N > Sgt. Pepper's

>what is reading comprehension
I didn't say that I agreed that SP is the best of all-time you illiterate faggot. Their definition of "rock" is fucking retarded too–Bob Marley, Adele, Kendrick Lamar, Aretha Franklin, and Beastie Boys among others aren't rock artists.

how is it important

It introduced themes to rock that would go on to define the genre in the 70s. It turned rock into some pristine and lushful artform into a raw and emotive thing that anyone could make. It removed the pretension of huge studios, incredible instrumentation, high production sound design and exchanged it for lo-fi guitars that played like they were on broken amps. It opened the door for the masses who now saw rock in a different way than ever before. It's the reason music exists as we know it today. Not to mention the lyrical subject matter that it brought that, again, opened up the door to things that at the time were taboo or too "outsider" to sing about - like drug addiction, prostitutes, sex, etc.

maybe I should give it another listen then... the last time I did was a year/year and a half ago and I didn't like it at all.

>no loveless
>kendryk lamur
Back to that retard site with you, fag

not him, but imo you really should.
i hated this album with a passion before, but it really now is one of my favourite albums of all time.
one thing i really like in the album is the contrasts between the beautiful songs, like ill be your mirror or the absolutely celestial sunday morning, and the disgusting gutterscratching wails of heroin and the black angels death song.
The album might not seem like much today but imagining it at 1967, it truely defined rock music.

I'm not a shill you retard.
see

VU did none of what you've written. You display an absolute ignorance of music pre-dating this album.

>I was a part of muh elitist moosic forum that knows reeeaaaallll moosic.
fucking fag

It’s really great
Pic related is better

Attached: 3BAF3588-B1A4-443E-906A-9AEBDC9EF56E.jpg (220x220, 5K)

prove me otherwise

You mean Lou Reed doing a gay voice

Do your own homework. You live in a time when it could not be easier. You have no excuse for being this ignorant.

>make claim
>ask for example
>l-look it up

lmao ok kiddo

>WAHHH I DON'T WANT TO BACK UP MY CLAIMS GO LOOK UP MY ARGUMENTS FOR ME!!!
kys

A lot of people get this confused but Nico is the name of their producer/mixer. OP might be confusing Lou Reed's "gay voice" as Nico's.

>It introduced themes to rock that would go on to define the genre in the 70s
>Not to mention the lyrical subject matter that it brought that, again, opened up the door to things that at the time were taboo or too "outsider" to sing about - like drug addiction, prostitutes, sex, etc.
See: The Rolling Stones
>It turned rock into some pristine and lushful artform into a raw and emotive thing that anyone could make
>It removed the pretension of huge studios, incredible instrumentation, high production sound design and exchanged it for lo-fi guitars that played like they were on broken amps
See: Garage Rock

LMAO WHAT A KLON XD

No, the producer of the album was Tom Wilson.

Burden of proof is on this user

You're doing his homework for him, but you're absolutely correct.

can we stop with this meme
based

Listen to The Mothers of Invention, The Monks and The Fugs. All three made an album in 1966 that predated elements of TVU&N.

TVU was just the first band to throw enough catchy melodies onto a noisy, lofi backdrop. Proto punk, experimental rock, and grimy, disgusting rock music was all over the place when TVU&N came out. They just made it accessible and popular. They're literally The Beatles of art rock/noise rock/proto punk. It's an important album and an important band but you're really ignorant of rock music history if you think this was trailblazing in any sense.

You are right except for
>They just made it accessible and popular.
Not at all. VU&N peaked at number 171 in the US charts, while Absolutely Free charted at 41 and Only In It For The Money at 30. Likewise, The Fuggs First album charted at 141 and The Fuggs charted at 95. Both were more popular than Velvet Underground at the time.

The Monks were obviously unknown, yeah.

>the last two tracks finally clicked

this is a really good album hooray

Interesting to know the Fugs performed reasonably well on the charts vs TVU. As for Mothers, I was mostly referring to Freak Out; did that actually chart well?
Anyway, chart position aside, TVU's claim to fame is ultimately that they infused enough pop sensibilities to reach would-be punks or alt rockers or whatever, considering a ton of people cite them but not the Fugs or Zappa. That's what I was trying to get at anyhow.

>Anyway, chart position aside, TVU's claim to fame is ultimately that they infused enough pop sensibilities to reach would-be punks or alt rockers or whatever, considering a ton of people cite them but not the Fugs or Zappa. That's what I was trying to get at anyhow.
That's what one person said, but all those people who "started bands because of VU" would have started bands anyways. It's overblown. VU retroactively became important after Lou Reed had a successful solo career.

Also this comment
>They're literally The Beatles of art rock/noise rock/proto punk.
is quite problematic as it implies delineating The Beatles' importance to music.