HELP

I want to play my guitar and keyboard and bass etc through a cassette player/recorder into my digital multitrack to get that analogue sound, looking for a cheap cassette player or something with 1/4" or 3.5mm input + output, don't want to have to buy a cassette multitrack because they're expensive

SUGGESTIONS???

Attached: dp03sd.jpg (900x621, 118K)

bump

get an fx vst for analog sound instead

No

also bump

fuck you then. honestly whats your problem using that. it doesnt cost you anything and is convinient to use. vst can emulate everything nowadays.

alright I'm sorry to have been so brusque about it but I don't want to use a VST, I'm just looking for what's specified in the OP

alright, but i COULD rec a bunch of cool vsts (free) that emulate at let you tweak every single aspect of tape recordings...

why not just through an analog processor

Is there anyway to do what I'm asking tho? It just strikes me as the cheapest and best way to do it, play guitar through 1/4" input into a tape player/recorder and then output from playing tape to digital multitrack??
Please I need to know

bump

bump

bump

Look on ebay, there are plenty of weird little tape recorders on there for not much money.

おまえ、ばかなの?
Fuck dude. Record into your fucking digital cunt trap. Once you're done, record that shit from your digital cunt to whatever cheap-as-fuck cassette player you can find at a thirft store in your neighborhood, and then re-record that shit back into your digital fanny.

please can u just recc a cassette interface or something, some cassette player/record as described in the OP

>cassette interface
Just buy whatever is in stock at your local thrift store. Seriously. All you need to make sure is that it has a record button and an input.

guitar ----cassette----> digital multitrack

It needs an input and an output

ask reddit not the Yea Forums zoomer brainlets.

Terrible thread, Jesus.
Ever tracked guitars on tape before? Have you ever even played with a deck? Cassettes aren't as lo-fi as you might think.
There are a thousand different ways to achieve the sound you're looking for, there comes a point where it has to come from your own creativity to achieve what you're trying to do.
Also, you look like a humongous dipshit mixing anything on these retarded digital multitrack units. The same end could be accomplished with a mixer and a DI box. It's pointless given how far DAW software has come in the last five years.
Keep experimenting, son.

Attached: 41RWpJ2DywL.jpg (404x500, 22K)

Outputs are given you zoomer. Whether that output would be a 1/8" headphone jack or RCA speakers or whatever the fuck -- every single cassette player will have a fucking output.
That order is also shit workflow if all you care about is muh lo-fi sound. But speaks the truth.
>Cassettes aren't as lo-fi as you might think.
If you really want that to color your sound do this:
>record into digital whatever daw or digital tascam
>output your recording into a tascam tape 4track set to 2x speed
>now re-record from your tascam 4track tape set to -2x back into your digital space

no, it's not guitar to cassette to digital multitrack

it's guitar through cassette playing to digital multitrack, like you're playing via the cassette player in real time

>it's guitar through cassette playing to digital multitrack, like you're playing via the cassette player in real time
You're a complete fucking idiot. Listen to
and and do some more research before posting.

yamaha mt120s isnt that bad. don't but tascam, theyre way overpriced.

digital recording with anything that isn't a computer is a waste of time. it eventually ends up on your computer for rendering anyways.

moon shoes were fucking rad

i'm not arguing with you here. The only reason I have it is to limit myself when creating so that I can figure out which instruments I really need. When it comes to actually recording, I use digital. but if OP wants a cassette recorder, the MT120S is a lot cheaper and could do what he needed.

ahh, i see. that seems unnecessarily complicated.
>mixer -> pedals -> amp
amp has a USB DI to my computer, tape deck sits parallel my mixer and records an unaffected output for playback with eq, tone, pitch, speed controls and whatever else.
nothing happens on my computer except recording and post processing.

the cassette sound you want isnt the preamp in the deck, its the mixing process. shit recorded on 4 track gets bounced down multiple times, and recorded hot as fuck to tape most of the time. If you run it through a tape deck preamp into your computer itll just sound like a tinner version of what you already have. just sell your digital multitrack tape is more fun.

get literally anything tape that has a record button
get a fucking old ass Walkman whatever

you need to record and then play the tape back -
the shit aint a pedal - its not the speaker - its the tape.

I helped in your last post.

This is somewhat true, bouncing is a part of the 4track sound but here's what you wanna do. I've never done this myself, but it should work). Your multitrack should have a line out, try to find a tape deck with a line in then plug them in. From there you can record your digitrack mix onto a cassette, then record it back onto the multitrack. (I'm not sure if you can record individual tracks, I think you can for sure if you have four line outs). Or maybe you could just run it from digitrqck line out -> tape deck line in -> tape line out -> digi line in. You could use the 1/4 but it will sound worse and definitely won't record individual tracks. Just fuck around and see what works. I've only recorded to tape but I'm sure there's a way to do it.

Also, a daw can do a fine job of emulating tape and it's all for free. I record ro tape mostly for the workflow

This post is bullshit. Recording to tape doesn't magically give you your lo-fi indie sound or whatever.
>all these zoomers actually think this is the case
The "tape effect" you're thinking of isn't accomplished by just recording to tape. There's hundreds of different pedals that do this sound for you.

Yeah it kinda does. If what you're referring to is wow and flutter, then no it doesn't magically do that, unless your deck is broken. It does have a different sound than recording to a daw (even with plug ins) though. Production requires a different, more thought out approach, you have to know what is going to bounced and to where.

Well, doing what OP wants to do will definitely make his sound more shitty and lo-fi in some way. It will definitely add SOME color to his sound because that's just what hardware does to an audio signal.

But I agree that OP obviously seeks something different that is better achieved with a simple plugin in post.

>Yeah it kinda does.
>Well, doing what OP wants to do will definitely make his sound more shitty and lo-fi in some way.
There isn't anything to say this other than it's wrong. OP's question was already answered here >Cassettes aren't as lo-fi as you might think.
Anyone that's old enough to have recorded instruments to tape would know this. A clean unaffected guitar signal recorded to cassette and played back will sound like your clean unaffected guitar signal.
You could muddy up your tape heads or get a really old deck and produce some different results, but it would be a bigger pain in the ass to have your recording intermittently cut out.
What you're hearing on rock albums from the 70's and 80's cut on four tracks has a lot more to do with shitty mics on cabinets driven by shitty amp heads and the master recording being duped on a shitty tape deck.
No computers or DI boxes means that's all they had to work with.
>But I agree that OP obviously seeks something different that is better achieved with a simple plugin in post.
This is closer to a right answer. A tape machine without pitch/tone/time controls isn't an effects module in and of itself.

Attached: 1470798518151.jpg (324x451, 14K)

A cassette is going to sound different than a digital recording no matter what. They can sound great and clear but nowhere near as clean as something from a daw. But yeah the lo fi thing is mostly bad equipment and wacky tracking and production methods.

That's what I'm trying to tell you; the "difference" is inconsequential at anything below 20 dB. The minor tone color that you're gonna get is not what you're looking for.

Panocano papano

Apologies, you're right