Emo General

Another forced emo general let's go

Attached: 8d6e9aa92ccbd1ae9c5aed407fa968c4.766x766x1.jpg (766x766, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mr_DMGZ-JrY
youtube.com/watch?v=y3Hgd5BSZBI
youtube.com/watch?v=TrEr8sPw2J0
youtube.com/watch?v=z3Ken2jEd0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Eccc1IJctK0
youtu.be/4jPvFO3JUQw
rateyourmusic.com/list/yhyeahh/emo-revival-a-primer/
youtu.be/ovq9UsNTjYk
youtu.be/oCg3iFLlQQE
youtu.be/3CzWNgCb2AU
youtu.be/5cceXFEjBMw
youtube.com/watch?v=EZkN0d6OpMY&list=OLAK5uy_kOYSoIeV9yNBS0icaROAA0541R-MEDXYI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=X1CZMxosvhk
youtube.com/watch?v=EfRQiGrG620
williambonney.bandcamp.com/album/all-ten
soundcloud.com/danielvandonsel/sora-ver
youtube.com/watch?v=rgOv8i6KpJE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What are some essential emo records

LET'S JUST PRETEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge.

Midwest emo:
youtube.com/watch?v=Mr_DMGZ-JrY

Emocore:
youtube.com/watch?v=y3Hgd5BSZBI

Skramz:
youtube.com/watch?v=TrEr8sPw2J0

Truly epic

NEVER MEEEAANNNNTTT

Thx.
I love American Football

Serious reply? I am not that big into MCR but I could see it being considered emo.

Probably not but even people who are into real emo tend to also enjoy early mcr, same thing with Alexisonfire youtube.com/watch?v=z3Ken2jEd0Y

Never Meant is the worst track on the album.

Attached: 1550080229660.gif (607x609, 514K)

Wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=Eccc1IJctK0

>Frog gets posted
>Thread dies
Like clockwork

I have pondered making a schedule of daily emo albums in order to better live up to my name (I sometimes feel like a dirty tourist) and for other, possibly more obvious reasons. Would anyone want to listen with me? We could have a little discussion of the album every day if we had the time, resurrect the ghost of /emoe/ and ask it to be our gfs, and get ourselves listening to things we otherwise might not listen to. It would basically be like a book club for music except no one would be mad if you didn't listen to the daily album, and it would be daily rather than monthly or w/e. Maybe we could even do cute thinks like "Midwest Monday" and Screamo Saturday" and "Tourist Tuesday (for the culturally important pop emo). Let me know!

Anyway, I've been listening to my Tiny Moving Parts CDs and tapes almost every day for the past month while driving and I really can't say I'm sick of them, which is weird because their songs don't sound that much different from each other usually. The weird thing about them to me is they have these high-budget videos with half a million views but I never see anyone talk about them, not that I go out of my way to look.
youtu.be/4jPvFO3JUQw

Attached: 1543567611919.gif (498x436, 876K)

I'd listen

Dashboard Confessional > Taking Back Sunday

Based. Two is enough if you'll acshully talk about it with me. I'll try figuring out how to make a chart that is also a calendar.

Can somebody explain me appeal of Everyone Everywhere - S/T? I got recommended it in Emo thread few weeks ago by some guy and some other were saying positive things about it. But even though I think music is decent, stupid and pointless lyrics make it almost unlistenable, it's like singer is making fun of dumb listeners who try to take the album seriously

I neeed more emoviolence
Help a brother out

Attached: CF77DD59-A3EE-432D-BE39-898916A32F42.jpg (894x886, 702K)

How does this look for daily themes? I tried to go for representation more than alliteration, but the names didn't all come out as cute.

>Midwest Monday (Midwest Emo)
>Top 40 Tuesday (emo-pop)
>Whatever Wednesday/emoviolence Wednesday (put it up to a poll or just listen to emoviolence if no one wants to take the poll)
>Emocore Thursday (emotional hardcore)
>Friendship Friday (The latest Bandcamp album tagged "emo" that isn't obviously trash or bad tagging)
>Screamo Saturday (skramz)
>Revival Sunday (Revival Bands)

I would mainly do this using charts from RYM and chart(s) made by Yea Forums. Maybe weekly I could alternate between counting down from 1 in the genre category and counting up from 100 or 50 so it's not always the most popular albums all the time. Pic related is probably better for midwest since it isn't in order of popularity. Math/twinkle is basically midwest though so it's like a third of the /emoe/ chart. I'll use this list for revival since it's neither a genre on RYM or a part of the /emoe/ chart.
rateyourmusic.com/list/yhyeahh/emo-revival-a-primer/

Here's a demo for the rest of February:
>2/24 - Algernon Cadwallader - Some Kind of Cadwallader
youtu.be/ovq9UsNTjYk
>2/25 - Rockets and Bluelights - A Smashed City with Flames and Music in the Air
youtu.be/oCg3iFLlQQE
>2/26 - Say Anything - Is a Real Boy
youtu.be/3CzWNgCb2AU
>2/27 - Orchid - Dance tonight! Revolution Tomorrow!
youtu.be/5cceXFEjBMw
>2/28 - End on End - Why Evolve When We Can Go Sideways?
youtube.com/watch?v=EZkN0d6OpMY&list=OLAK5uy_kOYSoIeV9yNBS0icaROAA0541R-MEDXYI

Attached: ggQz1zJ (1).png (1930x1391, 3.29M)

"Twinkly Tuesday/Thursday" is another good one I just thought of.

Looks good, appreciate your effort
I will try to catch it in between all the other stuff I have to do.

Neato. If there ends up being problems with the formula I guess we could decide to change it up or I could just make the call, i.e, to not listen to 2 albums by the same band in a row.

Sure, this isn't uni, we don't need to go through one artist's entire discography at the time.

hi

not a fucking chance

>thats a funny way to spell "For Sure"

Attached: guide_to_emotive_hardcore.jpg (3000x4183, 2.32M)

>Screamo Saturday"
Everyday is Saturday.
Is pic related? I wouldn't call Beau Navire emoviolence...
The chart posted below you has some great stuff. My top three picks from that list would be:
Sora - 耳鳴りとその訳
Off Minor - The Heat Death of the Universe
La Quiete - La Fine non e la Fine
Replace Loma Prieta's I.V. with Last City or I'm going to have to beat you up with a poop sock.

masked dancers > just got back

Pray For The Wicked by Panic at the Disco.

Yup
>Not enjoying mcr
Fuck off poser

m.youtube.com/watch?v=X1CZMxosvhk

Apologize.

Why do so many Emo fans seem to rebel against nu-Emo like Remo Drive?

I listen to most types of Emo, from its early hardcore days to the softer midwest stuff, and think Remo Drive and Charmer are fantastic.

Also if you haven't yet heard Charmer, listen to this:

youtube.com/watch?v=EfRQiGrG620

Attention all vinylfags, remember to buy this
williambonney.bandcamp.com/album/all-ten
I would be very surprised if they repress it anytime in the next while.

Attached: a1755545238_10.jpg (1200x1200, 70K)

Anyone listening to this Mr Soul guy and got a links, can't find shit

Who else /siouxfalls/ or /strangeranger/ here?

Attached: rotforever.jpg (1200x1200, 227K)

Thoughts on Flashlight - Poetry Class '96?

Cool but it'd be better off if Jap column got removed by emocore. Also, am I blind or CFD isn't featured there?

I miss /emoe/ desu

Attached: Smug animu girl.png (1049x756, 742K)

Checking out Funeral Diner for the first time. Pretty good shit.

Pre-ordered that shit a while ago, split master race. Shame they don't have the demo versions on there as "I Think We'll Be Okay" is one of my favourites.

Attached: is dead.jpg (225x225, 7K)

>Jap column got removed by emocore.
Excuse me?
soundcloud.com/danielvandonsel/sora-ver

Attached: dogsaysno.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

>shitty bass lines
>autistic vocal performance sung in an ugly language
>riffage got decent only in the second half of it
Yeah, emocore was definitely better. I feel like that non-American emo bands generally lack the quality in instrumentals

So let's cut all the shit, what's your favourite emo album?

Attached: above the weather.jpg (1600x1600, 394K)

It's Just came back from teh discomfort by tbla, even though i've been enjoying masked dancers a lot lately. Its a lot. Its seamless is probably my favourite emo song ever.

Why isn't this considered emo?

Attached: music-289-Spiderland-5bfc9.jpg (640x640, 88K)

cause they're al chads. dude on the left looks like the bastard child of Elie Manning and John Cena

because it really kinda transcended the genre. the only song i’d REALLY consider emo is washer. most of them have stories for lyrics too, not personal whining

its not remotely sad enough or have a similar music style, m8

Don Aman is pretty fucking emo

Where the fuck is Cap’n Jazz

youtube.com/watch?v=rgOv8i6KpJE

is emo rap allowed?
this is probably aoty so far

Wheres SDRE?