Understanding Kurt Cobain

Understanding Kurt Cobain

Attached: 7F0B3E78-4E76-4666-9007-537845619DFC.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L34S4Tt1EuQ
hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,17212.0.html
forum.watmm.com/topic/51213-the-piezo-amber-high-frequency-sine-wave/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

more like Kurt Nobrain lmao

no father figure

anyone else see this episode

Attached: merzbow.jpg (850x415, 59K)

he's literally THE definition of a emo basedaboy, he said he don't want the attention meanwhile willingly doing every cover of every teen magazine in the 90s....

>I don't care about fame , maaaaan!

>I wish I was like freddy mercury, maaaan, he enjoys getting on stage, maaaaaan!!

Attached: 455678898.png (988x1059, 436K)

He literally coined the term basedboy as well

Attached: 04651ae68fa2112d9c521cd3f943b04c.jpg (1080x1392, 428K)

>god Im so bored!

he was fucking brainlet

I bet you he was referring to himself.

Understanding Cobain
That's like understanding cocaine
Makes you twitch and it's white and it gets you no gain
Bitch had no fight and he left with no brain
People claim it's a shame
I say he shoulda been maimed
Left with no fortune and fame
Dead with no shame, put no respect on his name
Suspicious ass lame never acknowledged again
He killed rock n roll, him and his Hole
Filled it with bitchness and sickness, so drole
Fuck what you know, you can be fooled if you wanna
I'll tell you tools what my state of Nirvana
Is it's when I would be standin' on toppa
This bitch while I'm stabbin' and splattin a lotta
Blood from his corpse, feel no remorse
I would leave his wife and daughter a corpse
A slaughter of sorts
Courtney Love is a whore

Curco vein

MK Ultra drone programmed to deconstruct white American masculinity before being cuckolded to death by his industry handler Courtney Love.

?

Bars 4 dayyzzz

Attached: 1548269288593.jpg (438x453, 66K)

He blew his brains out genius

I don't get it

No, Courtney Love did it.

Attached: EBC222B3-E0CF-4DE8-8CDE-6144133598FC.jpg (1202x1600, 771K)

he was a closet faggot
/thread

Fucking this.

yeah its great channel

just a dude weed chad

he was a fag who did a bunch of heroin and shot himself in the head
what is there to understand?

>be merzbow
>straight-edge vegan
>make harsh noise
>arguably a musical genius
>live a long life
>doesn't shoot himself in the head
autism has its benefits

wow, cringe, my man

are kuck fans really retarded enough to believe courtney is smart enough to orchestrate a murder.
>actually being a kuck fan
never mind answered my own question

Attached: 1495909139175.jpg (236x300, 15K)

I listened to Nevermind for the first time recently and it's unironically a 10/10 album (after I edited out the 15.7kHz hum).

>after I edited out the 15.7kHz hum
wat

Attached: despair.png (350x200, 37K)

shut the fuck up, god, you sound insufferable

He seemed like a really chill dude; don't know why the fuck he was hating himself but I guess some people are just born un-pleasable fucks....still no need to die though pic related

Attached: 1539567940940.png (396x385, 132K)

Vinyl rip?

The best version of Nevermind is the Devonshire mixes anyways

You’re right. It was Dave Grohl

Lots of early digital releases have horrible high pitched screeching noise. You can easily remove it with Audacity's spectrogram edit mode.

Not hearing it. Maybe there's a problem with your setup?

Veised

He was depressed, liked punk, considered Nevermind a mistake, didn't like the fame, a mix of drugs, depression, dissatisfaction and Courtney Love killed him. He is not hard to understand but he is cooler than most peeps give him credit for.

Attached: DqNMwAGU4AAfpOv.jpg large.jpg (990x1023, 135K)

>Lots of early digital releases have horrible high pitched screeching noise
Like, running in the background constantly? Or just at certain points? I'll admit I'm no audiophile so I likely wouldn't notice anyway

>considered Nevermind a mistake
I think that's a bit far. I think he was just caught off guard by how huge it got and wished it hadn't been quite as slick and overproduced as it was, hence recording In Utero with Albini. I'm sure they knew recording a more polished album would help them get record sales, but NOBODY ever expected what happened to happen. Geffen were hoping they would sell around 100,000 copies and would have considered that a success for them.

>considered Nevermind a mistake
Wrong
>Courtney Love killed him
Really wrong

*wikipedia summary*

wow, deep stuff. great content.

>hence recording In Utero with Albini
Its also fair to say he wished In Utero wasn't so raw and underproduced.

Conclusions? Kurt Cobain couldn't make up his mind and is not a reliable narrator

I never stated that Courtney Love killed him but I doubt he had a satisfying relationship with her and she probably helped drag him further down.

Attached: cat2.jpg (650x793, 39K)

>I never stated that Courtney Love killed him
You literally just said
>and Courtney Love killed him

Are you drunk?

> a mix of drugs, depression, dissatisfaction and Courtney Love killed him.

I never once said that Courtney Love herself blew his brains out.

this is you:
youtube.com/watch?v=L34S4Tt1EuQ

Stop being retarded.

>Lots of early digital releases have horrible high pitched screeching noise.
t. brainless retard that uses switching transformers near his audio line.

you just played urself, dumbo.

What has more brains that Kurt Cobain?

[spoiler]The wall behind him[/spoiler]

mind=blown

Attached: 1550930768169.jpg (412x394, 33K)

I’m pretty sure he wanted it even rawer

No, they went back and remixed/polished up several of the tracks to make them more commercial.

There hasn't been a single band that sounded like nirvana since nirvana.

Silverchair

Nickelback

thank god

No

No

No

Not an argument

Not relevant

How so?

It's not on all tracks, and it's not always constant, and it varies in intensity. Most noticeable on the opening of Lithium. Low bitrate rips will probably not have it.

You can literally see it in Audacity's spectrogram view. The brainlets were the ones who recorded it like this (and were too old and deaf to notice).

DELET

Attached: Kurt gun.jpg (486x482, 38K)

If you have a clearer photo of the ring on his pinky,
you will learn a lot about Kurt.

this

Attached: there goes my hero.png (1861x731, 166K)

No.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-02-24 13.42.33.png (1529x863, 282K)

kek

Damn nigga why are you wasting your talent on Yea Forums?

Hagaghags what the fuck

so you've been waiting 25 years to post this....?
or 25 years to pen it
hmmmm

Yes (and obviously this is from a lossy source, but I've heard the exact same problem in verified good lossless musics).

Attached: lithium.jpg (1276x635, 307K)

See There is no pump at 17k

Check just the first 5 seconds.

So it only appears in the first 5 seconds?

Nice

Look at the spectrogram. It's most clear in the intro because it's not masked by other sound there. It's a very pure sine wave so if your window size is big enough then the representation on the graph might be narrower than a single pixel and not show up.

Look at a visual EQ. There is no information there. I think the problem is either 1) your rip or 2) you are trusting something Audacity is telling you (kek)

Attached: Screenshot 2019-02-24 18.30.26.png (1920x988, 364K)

Nirvana could’ve made a couple more
But we got Dave to feel the hole
Yeah Grohl, he keeps it rollin’
Foo Fightin’ and toiling,
Krist he doing talks and shit,
Courtney, barely raised the Kid
But nigha we a’ stan nirvana
Cuz rock aint dead, its in all us

You're using your software wrong. It's definitely present. Here's another example, from an Accuraterip verified FLAC. (Autechre - Lost). This one is interesting because it's panned left. This humming noise is present in several recordings from that era. I think the cause is old CRTs in the recording studio.

Attached: lost.jpg (1278x600, 265K)

See and Not there.

Probably a problem with your setup. And again,
>Using Audacity

What window are you using? FFMPEG sees it too. I can easily hear it. It sounds exactly like an old SD CRT. Maybe you're just an earlet.

Attached: lithium_ffmpeg.jpg (1306x1152, 396K)

It was ca conspiracy. Courtney obviously didnt act alone or orchestrate it entirely herself.

Nice anecdotal evidence

Let me know when you have a valid proof of this rather than soundlcoud-tier software you downloaded from a /pp/ thread

Earlet confirmed. Your software is incorrectly configured, and you have high frequency hearing loss.

Or alternatively, it was fixed for the release you're checking.

based

Attached: Screenshot_20190222-161926.png (1080x1920, 1.43M)

The tone is inaudible you dolt. It's the hum from a TV monitor. It's complete placebo because you are listening with your eyes

hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,17212.0.html

>He blew his brains out genius
courtneys hire did it

Idk why I do this. But I'm going to. Kurt Cobain was a much more developed artist in terms of his overall vision for his music. Looking at his visual art is part of the key. Cobain was more of an artist than say, the guys from Alice In Chains. The Alice in Chains guys lacked an aesthetic vision, which is in part evidenced by their hair metal beginnings. They could "technically" write a killer song, and knocked it out of the park with Jar Of Flies, but their early career is plagued with hit-or-miss releases with good and mediocre songs galore. Jar Of Flies is where the hair metal origins kind of did a butterfly like transformation into what it could be, in the same way Uncle Tom's Cabin was years prior. Hair metal wasn't a meritless genre, it was just MOSTLY meritless, and usually extremely cheesy. Cobain had an eye for this. He had some form of taste, which lines up with Yea Forums's ideals in many ways. He preferred indie rock, sludge, punk. Basically anything that required a bit of digging. He preferred the real rather than the theatrical. But he was no stranger to things like King Crimson either. This broad, yet different taste showed that he was the best artist of the whole grunge movement, and arguably of the 90s. Where AIC got a fucking great album, Nirvana had consistently great releases. None of their songs are worthy of writing off. They were that good. Soundgarden, the other in this equation, started off very shaky, just like AIC, but matured into a great band. They still had their feet deep in BLUES though, and so suffer from a bit of dadrocky qualities. This is partially because of Cornell's powerful voice, which is hard to execute tasteful music with unless under great control and restraint. Soundgarden and Cornell had more of an aesthetic vision than AIC, but lacked in the songwriting department at times. They were simply not as consistent as Kurt was. They also lacked the total chaos of Nirvana, which I find key to the best rock music.

>The tone is inaudible
Only if you have bad hearing. I'm certainly older than most people in Yea Forums and I can hear up to 18kHz. 15.7kHz hum is very unpleasant sounding. It's present on many tracks on the album, but I first noticed it on Lithium because that's where it's loudest compared to the rest of the sound. I can't stand SD CRT hum. It's a good thing it's so easy to edit it with no audible effect on the rest of the sound.

No. You can easily put a high pass filter at 10k, and there's nothing until the vocals and drums come in.

But hey, believe what you want to believe. You are still listening with your eyes.

What you are hearing, is your own autism. This is why no one else is agreeing with you.

Kurt was willing to use noise, to scream his lungs out, and he was willing to use humor extensively. Soundgarden and AIC were simply never going to write a song like negative creep, because they didn't have the same influences. Soundgarden were more into suicidal navel gazing and darkness, the abyss, the psychedelic, the weird, and the sexual. All interesting on paper, but SG didn't necessarily execute these the way they could be done. SG songs were also quite serious. AIC were bluesy metally tropes, classic rock cheesiness, depression, and heroin use morphed over time. The turning point being Jar Of Flies, and by S/t they turned into the band that they were meant to be. Nirvana was the best embodiment of rock n roll, not always calculated, chaotic, youthful, drunken, fun, joyful, ecstatic, bipolar and depressive, self destructive, catchy, simple yet effective.

If you actually have the FFT configured correctly, which is is doubtful because you ignored all requests for details, then your rereleased version must have been fixed. In the version I heard, there is obvious CRT-like hum. This is obvious to everybody who has non-shit hearing.

Literally somebody else noticing the same problem .

Based

>You are still listening with your eyes.
The only reason I even looked at the spectrograph was because I heard the sound. I didn't notice it in Smells Like Teen Spirit at first even though it has the exact same problem. If I was "listening with my eyes" then I would have noticed it there first.

Wrong again, Chuckles.
*thought you heard it

Attached: Screenshot 2019-02-24 19.01.02.png (1678x139, 14K)

>Y-you just must have some magical version that mysteriously doesn't have this problem that only I can hear!
Wow do you have X-ray vision too?

If you literally can't hear CRT hum then your ears are fucked up. Either you are very old, or you have been exposed to too much loud audio with no hearing protection. A young and healthy human is supposed to hear up to 20kHz, and I could hear 20kHz when I was young. I would bet money on being older than you, and as I said, I can still hear up to 18kHz. 15.7kHz is not exceptionally high.

>If you can't hear what's not there, you are fucked!!!
kek
>I would bet money on being older than you,
You're in your 40s? You definitely CANNOT hear shit my man

>what's not there
Multiple spectrographs, and reports from multiple people have confirmed this is a real problem. Unlike you, and unlike the people who produced this music, I take hearing protection seriously. High frequency hearing loss is inevitable with age, but if you take care of your hearing you should be able to hear 15.7kHz for most of your life.

>and reports from multiple people
Show me more reports of this elsewhere on the internet and I will admit you are right.

How many dBs is this "hum" at?

Also
>I know more than the people who made this album!
OK I'm sure you're the toast of soundcloud!

*reports on the album Nevermind, btw

Lame

Attached: perfect.sound.whatever-20190224-0001.jpg (750x932, 78K)

>Show me more reports of this elsewhere
Literally posted in the thread. See also:
forum.watmm.com/topic/51213-the-piezo-amber-high-frequency-sine-wave/
I already said your version might have been fixed. The problem has a common cause, and exists on many different recordings.

>forum.watmm.com/topic/51213-the-piezo-amber-high-frequency-sine-wave/
Not what I asked
>I already said your version might have been fixed.
Prove there was a mass "fix". Just baseless assertions and justification of evidents that disproves your theory

Again, show me independant verification of this phenomenon on Nevermind elsewhere on the internet. I will gladly stand corrected. Until then, your argument is only
>muh earlet!
But I just said I can shelf it at 10k and clearly hear the room ambiance form the vocals and the symbols up into 17k territory. So clearly I can hear in the upper frequency range.

>inb4 using my typos in your argument

The american version of Liam Gallagher. A fucking emo, edgy drama queen.

Nirvana fans don't strike me as the type to measure the frequencies of sine waves in their music. Autechre is for autists, so the problem is more likely to be reported there.

The problem is clearly audible in the version I heard, and verified by two different spectrograms. If it's not in your version, then it's not in your version. If it is in your version, then you have bad hearing and incorrectly configured software. Neither of those possibilities changes what's in the version I heard.

>then you have bad hearing and incorrectly configured software
The more likely scenario is your software is incorrectly figured, since it's somethign only you are "hearing" and "seeing" and can't seem to verify this elsewhere

But sure, make more ad hominems instead if actually proving your argument

Also, what pressing of the album do you have? What software did you use to rip the CD?

I can't verify it for Nevermind because Nirvana fans aren't autistic nerds. But there are multiple reports of the exact same problem in other recordings. If I'm lying or delusional then so are all the others.
Very possibly it's a different version.

>Nirvana fans aren't autistic nerds.
How so?
>Very possibly it's a different version.
What pressing of the album do you have? What software did you use to rip the CD?

If you're not convinced already then nothing else I can say will convince you.

Liam Gallagher isn't a talented songwriter, and their attitudes are fucking worlds apart. Horrible fucking take. Anyway, Liam's based so it wouldn't be much of an insult anyway.

Hmmm, you seem to be avoiding these two questions:
>What pressing of the album do you have?
>What software did you use to rip the CD?

Why is that?

No point providing the information to somebody who is already convinced they're right.

Alright I hope you enjoyed your youtube rip of Nevermind you got from soulseek.

Have a nice day user

>isn't a talented songwriter

Attached: q34a4at4aw4.png (611x362, 55K)

Noel wrote it, not Liam

Liam wrote a version with a 15.7kHz hum.

>the whole world was cryin when Kurt went Cobang
>when Easy-E died it wasnt no thang
>rapper dies of aids and you hardly mention
>white guy blows his face off and becomes a legend

What did he mean by this?

also its pretty fucking based

Attached: download (2).jpg (259x194, 6K)

Who's this?

Idk why I do this. But I'm going to. Kurt Cobain was a much more developed artist in terms of his overall vision for his music. Looking at his visual art is part of the key. Cobain was more of an artist than say, the guys from Alice In Chains. The Alice in Chains guys lacked an aesthetic vision, which is in part evidenced by their hair metal beginnings. They could "technically" write a killer song, and knocked it out of the park with Jar Of Flies, but their early career is plagued with hit-or-miss releases with good and mediocre songs galore. Jar Of Flies is where the hair metal origins kind of did a butterfly like transformation into what it could be, in the same way Uncle Tom's Cabin was years prior. Hair metal wasn't a meritless genre, it was just MOSTLY meritless, and usually extremely cheesy. Cobain had an eye for this. He had some form of taste, which lines up with Yea Forums's ideals in many ways. He preferred indie rock, sludge, punk. Basically anything that required a bit of digging. He preferred the real rather than the theatrical. But he was no stranger to things like King Crimson either. This broad, yet different taste showed that he was the best artist of the whole grunge movement, and arguably of the 90s. Where AIC got a fucking great album, Nirvana had consistently great releases. None of their songs are worthy of writing off. They were that good. Soundgarden, the other in this equation, started off very shaky, just like AIC, but matured into a great band. They still had their feet deep in BLUES though, and so suffer from a bit of dadrocky qualities. This is partially because of Cornell's powerful voice, which is hard to execute tasteful music with unless under great control and restraint. Soundgarden and Cornell had more of an aesthetic vision than AIC, but lacked in the songwriting department at times. They were simply not as consistent as Kurt was. They also lacked the total chaos of Nirvana, which I find key to the best rock music.