I know a lot about Sludge Metal but I still didn't listen to Lysol. Should I?

I know a lot about Sludge Metal but I still didn't listen to Lysol. Should I?

Attached: lysol melvins.jpg (280x280, 16K)

>I know a lot about Sludge Metal
Are we talking real, actual 90's sludge/doom or cringe, söy atmosludge and post-metal?

One of Melvins earlier releases, of course

if it's sludge like early eyehategod, crowbar and neurosis then, yea, sure.

I listen to the 90's shit. Not like Mastodon or whatever. So is it worth it? I liked Ozma and that Houdini album from them soooo.

I find it very weird that people make threads asking if they should listen to something. Why not just skim it for a quick sample? listen to dystopia instead btw

well, look, the first song's a 10 minute long dronefest, the second song's by far the best on the record and the only legitimate sludge track on it, the third one's a flipper cover (with some cool vocal lines tho), fourth one's a short march skit, the fifth one's an alice cooper cover and the last track is a decent, melodic sludge closer. you decide

Why are The Melvins so inconsistent? They remind me of Dinosaur Jr in that their albums have one or two amazing tracks but the rest is boring and forgettable.

forgot to mention this - listen to bullhead if you're up to some real sludge.

Sampling is a little retarded though. Like how would you sample a track like 2112?

Skim through 4 or 5 parts of it. If your curiosity isnt piqued then move on

OP here, I think Bullhead is probably the best of the early. Ozma would sound even better if sped up a little desu.

well enough time has passed, you could have listened to it by now

I did. 10/10 Melvins did it again

I think lately they just don't try hard enough.

good because, imo it goes downhill from there

Houdini is still one of their best.

If you like drones.

I genuinely think Buzz is such a weird dude that he only stumbles into great tracks, he doesn't even recognize when his own songs rise to a higher level. He's never expressed any nostalgia for earlier Melvins albums even though he knows they're fan favorites.

Attached: King Buzzo 1.jpg (500x500, 45K)

based
its literally jsut half of hour

it is probably my favorite.
I've always though that the intro leading to Roman dog bird is the essence of band like earth/sunn etc... except these bands get stuck in the first part et never had a dale crover.

it's a good album, all the old sludge bands were great