What do people with no emotions get out of music?

what do people with no emotions get out of music?

is it some kind of satisfactory feeling of completing a math equation or something?

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iRi_MDy_ks0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

These are most often the people that claim they "hate music".

Attached: c55eaeae626f02f94e685044cb6dd210.jpg (940x620, 118K)

I just like the novelty

Good question. I also wonder what incels get out of music, when the best songs are about heartache, splitting up, having sex or falling in love.

>listening to music for the lyrics

Attached: download.jfif.jpg (225x225, 10K)

incels can feel heartache, and sexual and emotional longing as well..........

Adam Neely isn't emotionless, he's just white.

The best songs are never about sex or falling in love. These are some of the most obnoxious and cheesy of songs.

Heartache, loneliness, loss, death and breakups are the places from which truly beautiful pieces come. Anyone can take something like sex or love and express it in an appealing way, it takes a true artistic genius to take the worst of human suffering and show us the beauty of that suffering.

based and realitypilled

I dont think many people with "no emotions" exist lol

He’s literally said that he doesn’t really listen to music anymore

I have somewhat of a fascination with music theory because I love patterns and cycles and abstract thought and permutations and all that nerdy maths shit. At the same time, I love that I can express emotions through these patterns and how powerful certain techniques and ideas can be.

While I can appreciate virtuosity in music, as well as new ideas and developments on musical theories, I think that listening to such pieces is only useful if you're studying music. The enjoyment one gets from "listening" to music isn't so much enjoyment attained through being emotionally moved, so much as it's inspiration to be better, mixed in with satisfaction of learning something new you can use. Anyone can be complex, it takes a genius to be simple. It's not the listener's job to follow the composition, it's the composer's job to clearly express the music for the listener to hear with little effort. Stravinsky was full of himself and a tosser, as were most Avant Garde artists. It was HIS job to take his musical ideas and express them for the audience to find enjoyable, it's not the audience's job to listen to the piece and try their hardest to appreciate it. I get that rite of Spring has shaped music and it's allowed for progression and new ideas, but at the same time, it's not a very good piece in its own. It's just an idea and nothing more, it's not good music, and we really need to learn to distinguish between music and ideas.

This is true, a man crying can bring others to tears but that is more an obligational response, but it does not make for good music.
I agree with you to some extent but to say that he wrote only ideas is hogwash.
youtube.com/watch?v=iRi_MDy_ks0

Source?

It’s almost like they feel those things in over abundance and then get angry about it

it sounds like you just don't understand the idioms you're criticizing. believe it or not some people actually enjoy Stravinsky.

No. Listening to someone cry isn't beautiful. Finding beauty in tragedy and expressing that melancholy precisely is what makes for truly magnificent art. Additionally, I'd say that a lot of religious artistic works are equally as great. While I'm not religious myself, I'd say some of the greatest paintings ever done came from some kind of worship, and many great pieces of music were written for churches (for example, Bach). Hearing some nigger talk all day about eating pussy and smoking weed isn't beautiful. Hearing the 5000th redneck trailer trash retard sing about his how beautiful his girl is and how he never wants her to leave is annoying. Hearing some vapid valley whore sing about all her past lovers and highschool romances is shallow. Some edgy 14 yo white boy SoundCloud trap artist talking about how the girl he emotionally and maybe physically abused doesn't love him and how he's going to OD on Xanax now because he's nothing without her lacks depth. Hearing someone express through complimentary melodies and harmonies a deep sense of loss and regret or sadness and hopelessness and overcoming that is an experience worth listening to again and again. Hearing such a journey take place can move, it can break you and it can redefine you. And yeah maybe I was basing my opinion of Stravinsky off of one piece, but it's not like what you linked is really all that great.

Stravinsky fags are the classical equivalent of people who listen to captain beefheart.

I once dated a full blown sociopath for a few months before realizing how fucking insane she was. Her favorite band was Blue October.

>I was basing my opinion of Stravinsky off of one piece
>Stravinsky fags are the classical equivalent of people who listen to captain beefheart.
You're out of your depth. It's not completely your fault: society has told you that everyone is entitled to an opinion, no matter how dumb. And yours is D U M B

I don’t know shit about Stravinski but I think you’re completely right. There’s so much meaning and beauty in all of us and that’s what’s fundamentally important to me, in music and in my life. I think that’s why I’m an artist.

If you think music is "complicated" and you like music because you like "math" you are an absolute brainlet.

Mathematically music is very simple, just ratios of pitches and assumptions about what sounds good on top of that. The only hard part about learning theory as a human is memorization not because it's a hard task but just because of the limitations of human recall.

Seriously go study math even at an undergraduate second-third semester level and see how laughable the notion that music is mathematically challenging will be to you.

The mathematics of a chord are not that complicated. The mathematics of a piece of music are.
> go study math even at an undergraduate second-third semester level
Sounds like that's where you stopped.

that's it. he's an alien

Kek, I did 3 years of maths at uni. I know that mathematics is creative much in the same way music is.

Music is simple and it's not. It's all about patterns and repitition, when it boils down to it. Many people will not understand what I mean by this, but humans have an innate inclination to prefer order, and music that repeats itself is orderly. What do I mean by repeats? There's the most basic form of repetition, repeating chord progressions, repeating melodies, choruses, etc. But smarter musicians are able to "hide" these repetitions more subtly. It takes a genius to hide them so well that they give the piece order without the listener realising that it's been repeating. Making "complex" music isn't difficult, I agree, in fact, that was the basis of my argument. It's the music that is seemingly simple but actually very complex and subtle and well nuanced that takes a genius to make.