Did they fail to save music or is there still time?

did they fail to save music or is there still time?

Attached: the weird frontier.png (900x900, 891K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-783964197/affco-imlay-odour-phone
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I'm setting up a team...You in?

Attached: 1550794347727.jpg (568x786, 194K)

They saved it but we slipped into another dimension that altered our perception of reality within this timeline, thanks to CERN

>James Ferraro is going to ve #metoo'd soon for raping an underage girl in 2009
>Dean Blunt is irrelevant
>Lopatin is a sell out and his last album was mediocre
>Arca hasn't made a good album in years
gee idk

:(

literally who

the weird frontier between pop and avantgarde

sadly I think the timeline for this kind of music is over. it's hard to put into words exactly it's more of a feeling. music like this doesn't seem to have the same kind of impact like it used to. I can't put my finger on what the exact reason is and it's not just due simply to cultural trends. it doesn't seem to have the same kind of visceral bite that it used to. maybe every single exploratory idea has run it's course or maybe there's some kind of metaphysical reason. but this kind of experimentation simply isn't interesting anymore

Homogenization. It’s become too late to innovate

despite liking arca a lot im not actually sure if he ever made a single consistently great album, his s/t is prolly closest but its also really far away from his signature sound

the new frontier is sincerity

soundcloud.com/user-783964197/affco-imlay-odour-phone

One of his eps is great

dont worry user im trying my best to find new avenues for experimentation!

fuck off. music doesnt need saved you fucking boomer

the weaird and wacky frontier between vaporwave and niggers

the torch has been passed to women. elysia crampton, and klein are good examples

They're kinda over, they got their seat solen by Lotic, MESH, Zuli, Toxe etc.

NO

very much NO. just because you can manage to finally string together a thought doesnt mean it has any sort of validity in the real world

this user understands. nu-sincerity is in and we have lil b to thank

It's true tho, Tinymixtapes, Resident Advisor and all the other relevant websites are endorsing Halcyon Veil, Pan etc.

James r*ped someone?

tinymixtapes? no one cares about them or pitchfork anymore you fucking boomer

We live in a very stagnate era. The post EDM, post micro genre, post poptamism, era. Where anyone who actually likes music has been driven out of the hobby and replaced with irony poisoned morons who champion the disposable, replaceable, and never ending off the factory line sound cloud rappers who never seem to go away.

this image didn't orginally have arca in it right? who was it before...

im curious about his as well

yeah probably
they were all huge cokeheads back then (probably still are)

My mother was a counterintelligence agent at the Geneva UN headquarters right next to CERN from '79-'84. She wasn't a trained spy, she was just selected by a government contractor because she ranked high on psychometric tests for savant memory, powers of deduction and was a very early adopter of WANG word processors and had the highest words-per-minute of all workers at her job in the city of London or some quaint thing like that.

She worked for the UK and US to check diplomatic cables and keep tabs on Soviet/Chinese visitors. Interestingly they were mainly concerned with China, who I thought was a western ally post-Nixon but she caught multiple Chinese agents trying to steal documents in the building.

Her sister's boyfriend who lived across the road from her in Ferney Voltaire across the border was a CERN scientist. My mother saw a massive bright blue light shoot into the sky from the CERN grounds in 1983 on a night walk, she was freaked out and over dinner she asked her sister's CERN bf if they're testing some Reagan Star Wars SDI tech there. The scientist just dropped his fork and knife and went silent and stared at her threateningly. Then after dinner he pulled out pic related, the standard swiss civilian-owned battle rifle at the time to 'entertain' his guests and started explaining entry and exit wounds to make everyone laugh and grimace and said if you get hit with the cartridge this fires (7.62x51) it's like cracking an egg and your brains would steam from a stump where your head used to be.

Attached: 78542864965397530.png (500x130, 82K)