Any fans of Prefab Sprout here?

Any fans of Prefab Sprout here?

Attached: 85ACAA27-B05F-45EE-BEA7-A27E756D3BDE.jpg (497x500, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ey9-KHCiiOs
prefabsprout.net/tabs/bonny.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nice name

Attached: 1550893001378.jpg (399x385, 29K)

Paddy McAloon is one of the all-time great pop songwriters, especially on I Trawl the Megahertz.

fuck you for posting their worst album

be gone zoomer

Here's an early version of Diane
youtube.com/watch?v=ey9-KHCiiOs
Still better than New Fast Automatic Daffodils

Totally agree 100%. He’s an incredible lyricist.

>New Fast Automatic Daffodils
They were great and had insane potential, why did they have to self-sabotage their entire career from the get-go? Are brits the worst ever at naming bands?

We all know it’s their best and if isn’t then what it’s their best album?
All their B sides and demos and alt versions are fascinating to me. Between 1980-1983 all the songs they ended up reworking and rereleasing were done at like twice the speed in a post punk fashion.

Not the user you responded to, but the brits have a bad time at naming bands.

>Red Lorry Yellow Lorry
Jesus Christ it's like they can't gatekeep the excessive britishness

>prefabsprout.net/tabs/bonny.html
They have tabs for the songs on their website, FUKCING BASED

>Neds atomic dustbin
It’s like the brits just have a bad sense of humor and just pick names that just seem like jokes

Fucking hell that's pretty cool
>every artist doesn't do this

Attached: prefab-sprout-sign-autogdfgraphs-for-fans-at-the-hmv-music-store-in-newcastle-B4XF05.jpg (1300x1031, 210K)

Amazing record. One of my favorites actually

Do you have a favorite song?

>Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe
I'ts like their mediocre cuisine manifests itself into wank band names

Goodbye Lucille #1 and Desire

MMMMMM that’s the good shit. Blueberry Pies is an underrated love of mine. Appetite is great too.

Yeah Blueberry Pies really is underrated. I also love the fuck outta Bonny and Faron Young

Of course, wonderful songs. The acoustic renditions Paddy did back on the ‘07 remaster are awesome too. Do you like any other songs by them too?

based. found out about them recently and have probably played through Steve McQueen front-to-back about 25 times already. marvelous record that leaves me with a wistful feeling for that era.
Bonny = Appetite > Hallelujah = Moving the River > Goodbye Lucille #1 > When Love Breaks Down > When The Angels > Faron Young > Blueberry Pies > Desire As > Horsin Around

Attached: pd.jpg (953x711, 67K)

Very eager for the release of Femmes Mythologiques this September, since Crimson/Red was a great comeback for them

The only other album I’ve listened to them in full was “From Langley Park to Memphis”, and I wasn’t so hot on it.

It really does feel wistful

Appetite = Goodbye Lucile = Bonny = > Moving the river > Desire As = WLBD > Faron Young > Blueberry Pies > Hallejula > When The Angles > Horsin
I heard about that! Me too user

I’d continue onto Protest Songs (recorded just after steve McQueen but released in ‘89) and Jordon the Comback. Also check out Swoon

Switch Hallelujah and Faron and I agree with this

Bonny is way too high.

Fuck I also forgot Jordon the comeback

What do we have here?

Attached: pp,550x550.u1[1].jpg (374x550, 29K)

I was at a record store last weekend and found a copy of Two Wheels Good and I'm still pretty hyped by that.

ALL THE WORLD LOVES LOVERRRRSSS

>tfw listening to Green Isaac

I'll always hold the opinion that Swoon was their best album.

From a tinder conversation I had

Attached: 250E79D7-E8C7-4F80-B998-B6EF5F1663F7.jpg (739x333, 52K)

nice.
did u fugg?

where do I go from Steve McQueen bros? I'm so in love with that album that I have no idea where to go next in their discog

no because she's 6000 miles away

From Langley Park to Memphis
also consider

Attached: The Craft And The Power Of Black Magic Wielding.gif (302x302, 3.48M)

paddy's modern day appearance will never not be funny to me.

also, jordan: the comeback is their masterpiece. thank you.

Attached: paddy.jpg (525x587, 61K)

Attached: WkAAs.png (669x455, 481K)

Dude nice

this album should be promoted to Yea Forumscore

Incredible record. Deserves more shine on the board. I used to get this and Tobin Sprout mixed up all the time until i checked this album out

Attached: sprout.jpg (2057x1669, 524K)

Attached: Malk.jpg (512x384, 36K)

Is there an 80's Britpopcore chart? There's a lot of potential material for that. Everything from the Housemartins to The The to Madness to the Comsat Angels, and on and on and on.

I don't see any mentiin to The Gunman and Other Stories, just people discussing their early stuff, which is great, but not as great as Gunman or LCTWWM...

Care to explain your shit taste, Yea Forums?

Attached: 511Z70YZz8L._SY355_ (5).jpg (355x355, 18K)

>Talks about their late career
>Ignores I Trawl the Megahertz, Crimson/Red, and Femmes Mythologiques
Ok amerifag

You're the one ignoring Blue Roses and Cornfield Ablaze

And I am not American

I listen to this all the time ..... too much probably. one of the GOAT 80's albums.