So I don't know much about classical music but I've listening to a lot of Mozart on the last couple weeks...

So I don't know much about classical music but I've listening to a lot of Mozart on the last couple weeks. What else should I listen?

Attached: images (53).jpg (535x573, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KJS8QXCjwHI
youtube.com/watch?v=UFu_im8N0gM
youtube.com/watch?v=ISBNqJZVrXM
youtube.com/watch?v=6bmCuPyBSAI
youtube.com/watch?v=-RWsgnZZrZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fvU5OGdVFNc
youtube.com/watch?v=fkUb0HKTU2w
youtube.com/watch?v=O6l_0BQnBsU
youtube.com/watch?v=DP665A8iA8g
youtube.com/watch?v=ho9rZjlsyYY
youtube.com/watch?v=97Twh_q8lQs
youtube.com/watch?v=xyDKezDLGTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bach

Attached: 15530485975.png (1010x937, 395K)

mussorgsky , if this doesn't get you pumped you might as well be death.

youtu.be/KJS8QXCjwHI

Attached: latest[1].png (1366x768, 736K)

Attached: class.jpg (2000x1500, 1.47M)

Is this classical?
youtube.com/watch?v=UFu_im8N0gM

Attached: comfy streetlights.jpg (1242x2208, 209K)

youre gonna have to confront Mahler at some point (Gustav not his bitch wife)
start off 'lighter' with some lieder, not kindertotenlieder
then go symphony 4
then go chronological symphony wise, though take note of the periods (Wunderhorn, middle and late)
and a few general points:
try to get as much live shit in as possible, as good as the purley audial experience is aint gonna top a live performance
passive listening is cool, but try to activley think critically when listening to appreciate all the shit going on
consider theory if youre feeling it
not everyones cuppa tea, but try focusing on new artists in a chronological fashion
have a good one chap

More Mozart

youtube.com/watch?v=ISBNqJZVrXM
youtube.com/watch?v=6bmCuPyBSAI
youtube.com/watch?v=-RWsgnZZrZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fvU5OGdVFNc
youtube.com/watch?v=fkUb0HKTU2w
youtube.com/watch?v=O6l_0BQnBsU
youtube.com/watch?v=DP665A8iA8g

Attached: 1544923866645.jpg (480x360, 43K)

Don't bother with this crap. It suggests listening to Philip Glass ffs (don't do that).

Let me be your guide. What do you like in your music?

Of course it is. Why wouldn't it be?

I mean it's basically a sea shanty played on instruments

how do I get into "proper classical music" if I already listen to Baroque and Romantic composers.

you mean 1750-1820?

Well, I didn't say it was good.

yes

basically you just listen to it dude. Like, what the hell?

personally id favour a chronological approach
mabye start off with late Baroque and transitional composers to early and middle classical, then late transitional to early romantic:
e.g.
late JS Bach
Gluck or mabye one of the younger bachs
Haydn and Mozart
late Beethoven
the mendelssohns or schubert

and the rest you know mate

Mendelssohn wasn't part of the Classical era

I am a pleb who likes to listen to Pachelbel's canon x999 times

What should I listen next, Yea Forums?

neither was schubert, but im saying theyre part of the transitional period so he can have them to round it up and run smoothly into his main shit

BWV 582
get a score and annotate it
good craic

Mendelssohn's a very transitional figure due to how he blends classical forms and the romanticist ethos which was already in full force. He found a lot of important answers for how to blend the romantic ideas and what was still the basis of structure for erudite music. It was starting to collapse in terms of pure form in favor of narrative musicality (Berlioz, Wagner, Schumann and Liszt all contributed) - Mendelssohn paved the way for Brahms and later just about everyone that you can still unite romantic ideas with the concepts of classical form without eschewing both.

>basically you just listen to it dude. Like, what the hell?
this
just start listening if you don't feel it move to the next, you don't have to like everything! many times I only like specific sections only, its the same as any other album many times you just like a couple of songs.

very well known masterpiece that enyone can appreciate (btw the bass notes played on loudspeakers are something alse)

youtube.com/watch?v=ho9rZjlsyYY

Attached: 733d9447fa031eb994cde69534800160[1].jpg (500x653, 61K)

Schubert certainly was part of the Classical era. He's arguably the first Romantic composer but he started in a very classical idiom well before 1820 (which might even be an arbitrary cut off date)

kek
sea shanty, best shanty.

close enough

Start at the beginning with Hildegard von Bingen or Perotin then work your way through time or work from a core of Mozart, Bach, Beethoven and expand from there.

>Hildegard von Bingen or Perotin
>beginning
Retard. Like all great things, music is something that should be enjoyed/studied by starting with the Greeks.

people unironically listen to mozart?

Rachmaninoff piano concerto 2
Tchaikovsky violin concerto
Elgar cello concerto
Chopin: ballade g minor; aeolian harp; nocturne no 9
Beethoven: symphony 3, string quartet 15 3rd movement
Mahler- adaggietto
Rimsky Kosakov: Scheherazade
Bach- cello suites
Liszt: consolation in d
Strauss: metamorphosen

desu its think its too loose to put an exact point on it. personally i think his more advanced harmonies pioneered after the more traditional 5th symphony place him as a transitional figure, but like you say man he was pretty well rooted in wig style

Scrap this shit, it's bad.

how can you have a listening list without the holy Gustav Mahler

Mozart is incredible. Anyone who likes good music would happily listen to him.

The thing with Mozart is very paradoxical: he's babby's first composer but then when you start discovering more and more music and start learning to understand it deeply, you neglect him and miss out on his actual greatness. In the end, Mozart is the final level boss of classical music and the absolute GOAT. Underrating Mozart is the sign of the uneducated philistine or pleb.

I like minimalism and creativity, perhaps experimental stuff

lies

not at all. Mozart is incredible.

youtube.com/watch?v=97Twh_q8lQs

OP here, i fell asleep after making this thread last night, so I'm cheking these recs right now
great stuff, thanks!
i already listened to some mahler and enjoyed a bit, going to check those symphonies this week.
Any specific rec on Haydn?
going to check these, thanks!

with Haydn its a tricky one, hes one of these composers with a consistently high quality oeuvre so it can make initial approaches to his work abit of a clusterfuck.
its always good to know the well known pieces so you know what the craic is when people are talking about Haydn, so perhaps give the well known London symphonies (nos 93-104) a try or the Op. 76 String quartets, or just any other well known Haydn work.
also consider some of his lesser known works, which are usually parallel in terms of quality, e.g. Symphony 33, violin concerto 3 or his guitar quartet Op 2 No 2
have a good one

>Any specific rec on Haydn?
string quartets - op.20
symphonies from 90 up
these are good starting points

less talk more music please.

youtube.com/watch?v=xyDKezDLGTM