Anons aged over 40, how do you deal with being an older music fan?

Anons aged over 40, how do you deal with being an older music fan?

Attached: 1549526300405.png (645x773, 49K)

If you're over 40 and browse this site i seriously question your life choices

the divide is more around 24. once you are older than 23, you start feeling weird liking music when it is geared towards young people. i felt the same at 26 that i do now at 32.

unless you're a retired billionaire, that is

literally no one on earth cares what music you listen to

That's only if you're following popular music trends.

>implying anons over 40 exist

This. I was never one to follow trends in music. I just listened to what I liked, and went to see as many live shows as I could. Ended up in the industry, so now most of the live shows I go to are either friends' concerts or live shows of people I'm working with. (When I'm not one of the guys playing the show, that is). The only concept I have about what's current comes from working with younger artists (like half my age). I have no problem being another aging rocker with a greying ponytail. Beats being dead.

>over 40

Attached: tfw40somethingboomer.jpg (920x518, 165K)

this guy gets it. why would you feel weird liking what you like? get some fucking confidence.

It's a lot easier to be confident at 50 when you've actually had some achievements in life and stopped giving a fuck what other people thought decades ago.

Tfw went to a show last night. The room was full of millennials
felt like an old perv

>felt like an old perv
I never feel that way. But I sure af get annoyed when they start talking politics and culture issues. Because they tend to enforce a level of ideological rigor within their social circles that I find unsavory and stifling. They take it as a personal affront if you don't support their opinions about gender or what ever other social nonsense they're in lockstep over. That's where the privilege of being an old fart who's mostly invisible to them really shines - I don't have to really listen to that shit. If they start telling me what I ought to believe I can come right out and reply, "If I actually cared, which I don't. You're the one who cares."

>implying I'm a music fan

by chuggin onions sauce

If you're under 40 and wasting your weekend shitposting on the internet, I seriously question your life choices.

I'm 60, go see shows a few times a month (saw Julia Holter last week), listen to newly released albums every weekend, travel to Barcelona every year for Primavera Sound, and check this board because the "nigger" threads are funny. Yes, I'm racist.

Life is good. Interesting and good music has never been easier to find. If some stuck-up kid gives me the side-eye for being the old man at the show, I just laugh it off and think about all the classic music and moments I've been able to experience while this person's high point before fucking off back to the burbs will be seeing Snail Mail or something.

39 here

It's fine. You just listen to what you like. Don't really care about new music. Once you get older, you realize music was created for your enjoyment; the concept of "new music" is purely a fad, used for status. Once you get over it, you just simply default to listening to what you like (music you discovered in your late teens/early 20s).

im 6 inside

what's your favorite album from the 2010s?

Occasionally you get the feeling you've almost literally heard everything but something new (to me) always comes along. I find Yea Forumss enthusiasms for things quite cute. I never thought anyone would be talking about shoegaze again.
Normal people get more close minded about music as they get older but then they were only ever into what was fashionable in a brief window of time anyway. The kind of people who hang around here, those more inclined to hang around 2nd hand music shops back in the day, will find they get broader minded as time goes on I find so take heart.
Tough. I have 28 years of debating the merits of Loveless under my belt, I'm not going to waste it.
This tbqh.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (220x220, 19K)

Why? The internet is there to be used. When you turn 40 are you supposed to start posting on the Steve Hoffman forum and boast about not listening to new music? Fuck off. (I'm 24 btw)