Find Alice in Chains CD in my room

>find Alice in Chains CD in my room
>blast it

First of all, goddamn this album is good. It's actually a great album cover to cover. Not one skippable track.
Second, why isn't Alice in Chains viewed as a metal group? Most of the songs are blatantly alt-metal/sludge metal/stoner metal, kind of like a more emo Black Sabbath.

Attached: dirt.jpg (220x220, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hyGd-c7yxKU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck, 90s alt metal is so good. Are there any Pantera albums worth buying or did they not make any good full albums?

Pantera are great listen to all of their 90's albums

Pretty gay

I know you are

rekt

Attached: dab.gif (498x359, 408K)

also, AiC Unplugged is the GOAT unplugged

They're the most wallowing, fucking loser band that i know. Layne was a boring person who just sung about eating shit and being an emo. They're also constantly compared to nirvana because they're superior as a loser band

Layne Staley>you

>why isn't Alice in Chains viewed as a metal group?
But they and Soundgarden are on MetalArchives while a lot of metalcore and deathcore bands aren't

>waaaah people with sad lives shouldn't sing about being sad
get a load of this guy!

I like alice and chains because they sounded kinda stoner at times but they could write a really decent mainstream rock tune

>pampered white faggots
>sad lives
*wheeze*

Not when you make literally every song about it, your own self-pity and to such masturbatory levels. It gets so tired after a while

They don't even consider SOAD to be metal

>Not one skippable track.
Hate to Feel is pretty annoying

>why isn't Alice in Chains viewed as a metal group?
They are, although they probably have less than 10 metal tracks in their discography if we're being honest

Isn't there newer stuff all metal?

>Are there any Pantera albums worth buying or did they not make any good full albums?
They all suck except for Power Metal and Cowboys. Pantera ruined metal like Nirvana ruined rock

they have metal influences but are more grunge than metal imo

it depends on the song. Them Bones is a straight up metal song, for instance

Did Pantera lead to shitty nu metal wave?

Yeah, cause white people can't be sad or depressed and growing up in some shitty Washington town is being pampered..

>Did Pantera lead to shitty nu metal wave?
Groove metal is a direct predecessor for nu metal so yeah. I'd argue some post-grunge bands overlap into nu metal too

Also metalcore. So yeah, Pantera ruined metal

By suggesting the concept of a "skippable track" you have revealed yourself to be a true plebeian and contributed to the continued destruction of high music culture.

Well done, sir. I hope you are proud of yourself.

Groove metal is cool, though. Corrosion of Conformity touched on that style and did it very well

It's pretty good but Junkhead is cringe as hell

how? that chorus is kino

The demo is great too
youtube.com/watch?v=hyGd-c7yxKU

:0

CoC is all over the place, wouldn't peg them as groove metal. Mostly talking about groove that followed Pantera's style/footsteps like Sep's Roots album, Anthrax's Stomp and Vol 8 albums, Machine Head, etc. Pantera is a direct predecessor of Five Finger Death Punch, I'd take a non-Nirvava grunge band over any artist/album I mentioned any day of the week

>outing yourself as a pleb
rip

I'm not counting 80s CoC because they were a completely different band. But from 1991 on, they were doing a mix of groove metal and southern metal

Delete Sickman, God Smack, Junkhead & Hate to Feel and it’s a 10 tbqh

>why isn't Alice in Chains viewed as a metal group

Association to the Seattle scene. A lot of kids first heard of them because they were on the soundtrack to a shitty movie called Singles... it was the one song that was only sorta heavy and really emotional, name I can't remember. Actually they performed live in the movie as well, best part of that piece of shit film.

>delete God Smack, Junkhead
Fucking kill yourself

I couldn't let it go so I looked it up. The song is called "Would?". I've never been the biggest fan but that song was great.

That is a great song

>Delete God Smack
>The """"musicians"""" who form Godsmack are never inspired to make a band
Good trade off.

>they instead name themselves after a different AiC song and continue to be a lame ripoff of them

AIC and Soundgarden made some great music, everything else grunge sucked.

If Godsmack sounded anything like God Smack then they wouldn't suck

I see it as Trainspotting in music form

Mudhoney, Olivelawn, Skin Yard and the first Melvins stuff were good too. Coffin Break's slower harder stuff was grunge too but not all their songs qualify.