One of these

One of these.

Attached: 1543582992243.jpg (1876x1368, 443K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LNqw7eIwhs8
youtube.com/watch?v=a7Rer3lYP3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=bkh1or88QRk
youtube.com/watch?v=fgTDJNL6PzA
youtube.com/watch?v=QbXPR8PGdOs
youtube.com/watch?v=clsczmHXf9U
youtube.com/watch?v=bny6_bzAKRg
youtube.com/watch?v=N0LZ20ppkNo
youtube.com/watch?v=YWGCEDYJAZ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

im the normie hater

Everything besides hybrid theory and meteora do suck

None of those, I'm the zoomer:
- Linking Park? Nah, they're boomer shit.
Now 6ix9ine... THAT's an artist!

out of all of those it'd b 'the hipster' allthough i'm not a hipster

the hipster obviously

Can't stand any of their music but I'm still none of these

im the normie

this guy knows what's up

same

>caring about linkin park

Attached: haha.jpg (1181x999, 109K)

How about....I don't care

These are correct. How can a board claiming to love music have this band as a point of discussion? Imagine if the literature board discussed "Where The Wild Things Are" or "The Cat in the Hat" instead of Pynchon or Joyce? Or if mathematicians regarded a Vi Hart as the greatest mathematicians of all times, while ignoring Andrew Wiles and Grigori Perelman? That is literally the state of this board.

normie
does that even count as hating though? it's objectively correct after all

you just outed yourself as the hipster, bud

Attached: toadbro.png (1574x1610, 24K)

the hipster

>somebpdy made a thread specifically dedicated to a meme I created
Greatest accomplishment of my life

Attached: 1533326758672.jpg (1818x1369, 342K)

>"Where The Wild Things Are" or "The Cat in the Hat" instead of Pynchon or Joyce?
>Vi Hart as the greatest mathematicians of all times, while ignoring Andrew Wiles and Grigori Perelman

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 227K)

this but unironically

this board is a joke. basically there are only a handful of us that actually care about music, but i still get good recs occasionally

>Pynchon
>Joyce
STOP BEING ANGLO-SAXONIC CENTERED, Yea Forums!

what if i love qotsa

>i still get good recs occassionally
please share something. All my threads asking for recs die with no replies, I haven't found good music from here in over a year. What's an album you love that isn't Yea Forums core?

what music are you into? (another user)

>people don't agree with my opinion, therefore, they don't care about music

Normie exepct minutes to midnight rules

THE NECKBEARDS WITH DARK HAIR, GLASSES, AND UNHINGED JAWS ARE FUCKING CORRECT IF THEY AGREE WITH ME ON THIS POINT

bullshit 90% of the threads on this board are just actual joke threads very little discussion happens Yea Forums anymore shit has been steadily declining for the past 3 or so years

Based boomer

i would need to know what youre into. currently listening to pic related

Attached: 3965_foto1_product_xl.jpg (900x900, 244K)

if you use Yea Forums for recommendations not only you are a hopeless case, but you are also part of the cancer that plagues Yea Forums

my favorite musician is Damon Albarn. I love dub, synth pop, funk, soul, a bit of reggae, afrobeat, rock, rap, 70s cumbia and cuban son.

what the hell do you use Yea Forums for? massaposting?

Joyce isn't an Anglo, plus, speaking of modernism, it just happened so that the best works in this movement were written in English imo, and I'm not even a native speaker myself

the point is that you know any of these faggots lmao (bonus: youre a tripfag)

>Damon Albarn
dont know him, sorry i probably cant help you with recs with your preferences, not my genres really.

normie and boomer, numetal really clicks with me for some reason

what are your genres? Damon is the frontman of Gorillaz and Blur

discussion

>it just happened so that the best works in this movement were written in English
but Borges wrote in Spanish

Metallica
>hipster
"metallica is too basic, they don't even use a reverb pedal"
>boomer
"metallica? fucking ugly kids. Black Sabbath...now THAT's a band you can watch and listen".
>the normie
"gimme fuel, gimme fire gimme yabadabada"
>the tryhard
"dave mustaine pretty much wrote all of their good songs"
>the basedboy
"ain't my bitch? kinda problematic"
>all of them
"it should've been lars"
sorry about not posting an image, am on a rush

Yeah, but since his prose was quite forgettable my statement still stands. And if we are talking about poetry, then Russian symbolism is where it's at, my negroe

yeah looked him up, didnt know that haha.
my favs are IDM, house, downtempo, glitch (mostly electronica stuff)

makes me laugh everytime tbqh

linkin park is shit lmao

Attached: freddurst.jpg (671x377, 24K)

Someone should make this lmao

guess im the normie because I never really cared enough for them

what are your favorite house musicians? I wanna get into house and downtempo again. Used to love early deadmau5. Check out Plaid (idm) if you haven't, and south african house youtube.com/watch?v=LNqw7eIwhs8

Those bands suck

progressive house is not my thing really. (but i will check out his early stuff more)
i like deep house, bass house, future house.
>for deep house i dont really have favs.
>i like a bit of tropical as well (kygo even tho hated on Yea Forums but some of his remixes are cool imo)
>future house i like tchami and random artists who happen to release one good song.
youtube.com/watch?v=a7Rer3lYP3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=bkh1or88QRk
bass house i like JOYRYDE. (best house producer imo :D)
youtube.com/watch?v=fgTDJNL6PzA
listening to him makes me feel like taking every drug imaginable at the same time and transcending the reality on the dance floor.

(and some classic chicago house)
that african house tune is really chill, thanks (my party house cant really compare lol)

downtempo i like:
>dirtwire (legends imo)
youtube.com/watch?v=QbXPR8PGdOs
>bonobo (the king)
youtube.com/watch?v=clsczmHXf9U
>soul catalyst (the pop star, but good)
youtube.com/watch?v=bny6_bzAKRg
>tommy guerrero (i take shrooms in the desert guy)
youtube.com/watch?v=N0LZ20ppkNo
>forest swords (the experimental genius)
youtube.com/watch?v=YWGCEDYJAZ4

Attached: 1546853513524.jpg (1876x1368, 777K)

Excellent. Truly great

Normie for sure.

>Get hammered one christnas day
>Buy Meteora, Hybrid Theory, and Reanimation on iTunes while blacked out
>Roommates come back from visiting family the next day, tell one of them what I did while blacked out and have a good laugh about it and jam out and sing alone to some of it
>Other roommate (massive 6'7" mountain of muscle black weeb) pokes his head out of his room and just say "dont talk shit about linkin park" and retreats back in
>Other roommate and I lose it
>Tell him we actually like the albums later and start talking about music
>Black web roommate says "Daft Punk punk is my favourite because they're such a niche group"
>We proceed to lose it all over again

Normie
All of them
Basedboy

>hey i like ablums X, Y, and Z
>cool, i think youd like album A, B, and C based off the information you provided
how is that discussion? what else would be the point in talking about music if it doesnt lead you to enjoying more music?

Tryhard, but it's true

*how is that not discussion

do boomers really like king crimsom?

I am the 25 year old boomer unironically

Normie except I was well out of there by the time Meteora came out

>how is that discussion?
It's not. That's exactly what I'm arguing against. You lack reading comprehension.

there was a typo that i pointed out here: im arguing that it is discussion

Attached: coldplay haters.jpg (1876x1368, 414K)

Recommendations =/= Discussion.
Also, you are not arguing that its discussion, you are stating it as a fact without any arguments to back that up.

>He doesn't know about the break from tradition that Dr. Seuss represented
>He doesn't know about the Edward Gorey inspire art in Where the Wild Things Are

First one is a fair criticism.
Second one isn't.

boomer

Does anyone actually make these or are we just going to post the same half dozen again before the thread dies?

if you want it, you should make it yourself.
do you have mspaint?
it would take 15-30 minutes max, you already have the template. all you have to do is add the text which is easy.
plus then you'd be contributing something to the board.

talking about music ("I like albums X, Y, and Z") that lead to the recommendation of music ("i think youd like album A, B, and C based off the information you provided") = discussion

Definition of discussion
1 : consideration of a question in open and usually informal debate

if the question in consideration is what albums would I like based off albums I already like, and the response gives a solution to the question, then it is a discussion. discussion isnt limited to the deep intellectual intelligence of "ahh yes *sips* now thats what i call music!"

While not strictly literature, Gorey's influence on art/culture is worth discussing.

According to the Oxford Dictionary, a discussion is
>The action or process of talking about something in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas
Giving suggestions doesn't fall under that, just like how a street vendor giving you a hot dog on the basis of you saying "i like spicy food" isn't discussion either. A discussion requires an exchange of ideas. If you make a question, and receive an answer, that's not a discussion, that's just answering a question. If you want to discuss music you need to go bring arguments back and forth with another person to explore ideas.
Now fuck off back to whichever shithole you came from.

I can't be a hater if i've never listen to their music

I'm working on one right now but I want to get everything right and I'm kinda shit at this

the boomer is unironically based

Neat, but I think Parachutes deserves a place in there since it differs the most from all the other albums.

Perhaps if you make a recc thread that is more focused on a genre or timeperiod, like if you were to make a "no-wave" thread or "japanese music" thread you might get more replies.

god you are all such tryhards and i am better as a human and i listen to everything even new hanson albums. but dont bother responding, im jettin outta here!

Where's "I used to listen to a lot of Linkin Park in middle school but outgrew them but won't hate other kids for liking them unless they're >20 y/o then its just kinda weird because you probably should've found better music by now"?

That sounds an awful lot like something a boomer would say.

wanna know how i know you're underaged?

>A discussion requires an exchange of ideas
Recommendations is literally an exchange of ideas. How else would you describe the process of the idea of "I, Anon1, likes X album" going to another anons head and then then the idea of "Anon1 should listen to X album" going into Anon1's head? That is an exchange of ideas. I dont know how to emphasize that enough. The basis of the discussion isnt even just "I like X album", although it could work for a discussion. I mean, a lot of discussions do derive from simple opinions. However, the basis of the discussion is "If I like albums X, Y, and Z, what are some more albums that I would like?". Its is quite simply them talking about their music interests to reach a decision ("what album should I listen to/would i like") or to exchange ideas

>If you want to discuss music you need to go bring arguments back and forth with another person to explore ideas
The argument in a recommendation is: "user will like A album because of reasons X, Y, and Z". And since they are exchanging ideas with one another, they are exploring ideas through argument. Its very simple stuff.

>Now fuck off back to whichever shithole you came from.
>durrr this is how i react when i dont know what a discussion is durrrr

>Recommendations is literally an exchange of ideas.
Again, you are pretending that having a question answered is an exchange of ideas.
If you ask "what's 1+1", and I reply "2", that's not a discussion, because that's not an exchange of ideas. An exchange of ideas would require both of us to contribute to the conversation (while in this case only the person answering/recommending does).
Again, because you didn't get it the first time, a discussion requires both parties to contribute to the conversation. Asking "what 1+1 is" and someone answering "2" is not a discussion.

>"what's 1+1", and I reply "2"
you just compared a math problem with only one correct answer to asking for recommendations based on subjective opinions and taste, you absolute brainlet.
>An exchange of ideas would require both of us to contribute to the conversation
two people can recommend each other music and discuss their feelings towards it, or talk about a specific artist that was mentioned, or reply with more recommendations.

How else would the idea that Anon1 likes albums A, B, and C get into Anon2's head without there being an exchange of an idea? The how does the idea of the recommended albums provided by Anon2 get into Anon1's head without there being an exchange of an idea?

>Again, because you didn't get it the first time, a discussion requires both parties to contribute to the conversation. Asking "what 1+1 is" and someone answering "2" is not a discussion.
A discussion doesnt have to be long, drawn out, disagreements between parties. The basis of discussion can simply be "what are we going to have for dinner?" where two people discuss what they both want for dinner and then decide/or not decide on an option.

In the case of album recommendations, a topic is talked to reach a decision or to exchange ideas. Music is the topic, the ideas of what albums Anon1 likes and the ideas of more albums Anon1 could potentially like are provided by Anon2 are exchanged with one another, and Anon1 reaches a decision to liste/or not listen to an album.

Yes, because both cases are "answering a question", which is what asking for recommendations is, you fucking brainlet.
See >if the response gives a solution to the question, then it is a discussion
That's wrong. Both for maths and for asking recommendations.

>two people can recommend each other music and discuss their feelings towards it
They could, but not necessarily. A recommendation is not a discussion by itself. It CAN turn into a discussion, but that's when you step outside of the recommendation part.

See above.

>See above.
that doesnt really apply to my post.

Yea Forums is the same consumer tier as Yea Forums

the hipster,I hate linkin park.

>How else would the idea that Anon1 likes albums A, B, and C get into Anon2's head
user liking albums A, B, and C is not an idea, it's a statement, or even a fact.
>idea: a thought or suggestion as to a possible course of action
Not an exchange of ideas, just like me saying "1+1=2" and you replying "2+2=4" is not an exchange of ideas either.

>A discussion doesnt have to be long, drawn out, disagreements between parties.
I'm well aware of that.

>The basis of discussion can simply be "what are we going to have for dinner?" where two people discuss what they both want for dinner and then decide/or not decide on an option.
That's correct. That question can lead to a discussion, but won't always end up in one. If I ask you "what are we going to have for dinner?" and you just say "McDonalds", and I don't say anything else, then that's not a discussion (because there is no exchange of ideas).

Fair enough.

But other BLACKPILLED, you know them too! Also, when you're into mathematics you will definitely know who these people are, and it's about as "s.oy" as liking video games and merely knowing who AVGN or GameGrumps are.

Replying to

how the fuck do you start discussions if not by posing a question?
I wasn't the one who made the first post you quoted
>They could
that's the important part. You're grasping at straws and arguing bullshit semantics, thanks for wasting my and that other user's time

>user liking albums A, B, and C is not an idea, it's a statement, or even a fact.
per Merriam-Webster
Definition of idea
1: a formulated thought or opinion
user liking albums A, B, and C is an opinion and a thought, therefore an idea. It can also be a statement and a fact. None of those terms (idea, statement, fact) are mutually exclusive.

>"1+1=2" and you replying "2+2=4" is not an exchange of ideas either.
It kinda is, given the definition of idea can simply be boiled down to a mere thought. Math is nothing but a bunch of ideas and we just exchanged two of them in that scenario. You provided "1+1=2" and I provided "2+2=4"

>If I ask you "what are we going to have for dinner?" and you just say "McDonalds", and I don't say anything else, then that's not a discussion (because there is no exchange of ideas).
But if you say to me "What are we going to have for dinner? I like fast-food, italian food, and breakfast food." and I reply with "McDonalds" that is an exchange of two ideas (idea 1 being what foods you like, idea 2 being my response). Which is just like album recommendations. The first idea presented is what albums/type of music one likes, then the second idea is the recommendations.

>how the fuck do you start discussions if not by posing a question?
Not all discussions start by asking for recommendations. In fact, recommendations seldom lead to discussions since the party asking for the recommendations lacks the knowledge to discuss the album being recommended to them.

>They could
>that's the important part
Correct. But the retarded user above was saying that recommendations were discussions by themselves, which is pure bullshit.

But what's your favorite QOTSA album?

Based

Normie

I once said in middle-school that Linkin Park sucks because I mixed it with Crazy Town somehow and had to defend my street cred by not listening to them ever till the end of high school.
And then I realized that they suck anyway so nothing of value was lost

>a formulated thought or opinion
This means
>a formulated thought or a formulated opinion
Ideas, thoughts and opinions are not synonyms.
Saying "I like A, B, and C" is not a formulated opinion. It's just an an opinion that's trivially true. A formulated opinion would be "I think we should lower taxes because economic model X says Y".
Same goes for "1+1=2". It's just a statement unless you back it up with axiomatic theory, for example.

...Like Clockwork, but I like everything by Homme

based actually trying user

the hipster

I should warn you, it will be shit and at least one person will call it shit or call you a faggot.
there is no avoiding this fact about posting OC.
you still should though. fuck em all.

>I should warn you, it will be shit and at least one person will call it shit or call you a faggot.
imagine being this much of a söyboy that you need a warning to post OC

now THIS is a discussion

ITT: Autism

I'm not the user who's making it, I was just letting them know the deal.

>I was just letting them know the deal.
yeah, that's why I was calling you both söyboys
>warning about getting called a faggot on an anonymous forum
lmao

You should use be using young adult novels aas your examples in he Yea Forums part of your post, not children’s books

>blackpilled
Isn’t this an uncle thing?

The Hipster, top left

But I was old enough to recognize an Industry Plant when I saw it, when they first came out.