Snail Mail is the face of modern rock according to spotify

Snail Mail is the face of modern rock according to spotify

Music for this feel

Attached: but why though.png (220x219, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iaxZVgGV0zA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bullshit she mowed lawns, her parents paid for her gear. I don't even know why it bothers me so much either.

Based

because she makes boring indie pop and is somehow seen as the "saviour of rock" even though Liz Phair did the exact same thing 25 years ago

I saw they put Lana Del Rey as the cover of the indie rock one the other day. Do people consider her indie rock and not just straight up pop? I have never heard discussion of her in indie circles and only am aware of her from pop/celebrity angles

because it's such a ridiculous story that it's insulting that she expects you to believe it

Imagine a 19 year old girl walking up to your place offering to mow your lawn. I'd think I was getting set up to be robbed. It's like the label wanted a grassroots DIY story for her and just went with that.

I've noticed people programming radio and discussing music have made a huge effort to play female led projects at least as much as male ones which has led to a lot of very similar sounding, ok female acts getting an insane amount of air time and publicity

>grassroots

Attached: slow-motion-and-close-up-shot-of-a-beautiful-young-woman-with-fair-hair-and-blue-eyes-looking-to-the (320x180, 8K)

who hurt you?

>seen as the "saviour of rock"
Other than memes here, who is actually saying that?

p4k and other shitty music tabloids

How much did Spotify get paid to say this?

p4k stopped caring about rock years ago because white men like it and make most of it and the suddenly decided that was bad

na she probs just sucked them off

I just looked it up, it appears to be a playlist a third party uploaded to spotify

Christgau did that 25 years ago. The guy was way ahead of the curve.

nice filename

at least Liz Phair could admit that she was a massive whore

Well rock is dying, so a talentless and bland goblina fits as the image of modern rock.

>Music for this feel
Try Schubert's 9th symphony, and then never listen to banal, industry-forced rock music again.

how is rock dying? Just because celebrities don't like it anymore?

Because according to Redditors and Gene Simmons, rock is dead because you don't have stuff that sounds like AC/DC.

It's just not as frequent in the mainstream anymore, there for it's dead but not really.

because there hasnt been a groundbreaking refereshing take on the genre in this century

uh, how about snail mail?

no thanks not trying to go to sleep

she's ugly

Attached: 201809122055123012758145000.500x0.jpg (500x667, 122K)

The Strokes and the indie rock, plus the emo wave, were kind of a revival, but yeah, rock has been pretty much stale in general for a decade.

>her sister worked as a manager at Merriweather Post Pavilion
Sure is a coincidence that this terrible band has suddenly become mainstream, isn't it?

Source?

that can be said of music in general, has nothing to do with rock

Watch her interview with based Nardwuar. She claims she worked "security" as a young teenager.

About one minute in she talks about it.

youtu.be/iaxZVgGV0zA

For me, it's gotta be Shostakovich's Symphony No.5 in D Minor conducted by Leonard Bernstein

So you aren't allowed to be a musician if you mow lawns and have nice parents? Does she have to be making triple figures at the age of 16 to buy all her own gear?

God she is annoying. Also industry plant confirmed

No one cares about how she got the money, it's because she's creating a fake image with it.

>Does she have to be making triple figures at the age of 16 to buy all her own gear?
No.
But she can't act like her parents aren't responsible for her success.

I guess there could be worse faces

And let's discuss how she got a brand-new Lotus for her 17th birthday.

I barely know who this person is or what you're talking about but I can tell you're reading too much into it just by how opinionated you are.

In the Nardwar interview you can see that she had it all easy from the start. Not a bad thing per se, but why lie?

Does her parents write the songs? Who cares how she got money to buy equipment.

rock is just not cool anymore cuz most ppl just want to nod to shitty rap beats with awful lyrics
i don't hate rap at all but most of the mainstream stuff is utter trash but everyone knows this

I remember seeing that she was born and raised in Maryland. If you grew up in Maryland you definitely didn’t have to mow lawns for money

It really depends on which part. She grew up in the nicer part for sure though.

So she was a lawn mowing security guard? Even more bullshit, how is she going to do that when she's a female, 5 foot something and maybe at the time in her early to mid teens? Fuckery.

>From Maryland
Bet she says she's from Baltimore, or Baltimore county.

industry plant cunt

I don't know why I care either, but it pisses me off.

ummm listen all you incels snail mail is a LESBIAN WOMYN who has had to fight tooth and nail to get to overcome the SEXISM AND HOMOPHOBIA in the INDIE SCENE so you better show some respect

You fags need to quit bitching or step up and make good music, it's not her fault she's all rock has to offer, it's yours.

We're all incels because we don't like someone and their music? It isn't about her being a woman or anything. Just that she seems full of shit about everything in her career. We have a right to talk about it and criticize her for it.

You're right that it's not her fault she's what gets promoted as "rock music" but you don't understand the industry if you think any white guys are going to get top billing no matter how good their music is.

can you not? ugh.

Too bad.

i do not consent this is literally rape

That was my immediate thought. Imagine her versus some drunk retard at Sunday in the Country.

I'm from Baltimore county. She's from, or at least everything she mentions is in, Howard county. That's one of the counties where the trophy wives turn to popping pills out of boredom.

She's pop

>Howard county.
She'll just say Baltimore so people know what she's talking about, and it gives her more cred.

I think that was the person's point. I believe he was adding to her fake persona. Howard county is nothing like Baltimore though, it isn't really a fair substitute.

That's why I said she'd probably say Baltimore.

people everywhere just say they are from the nearest city when describing where they are from to people not from the area

based and accurate
try Snail Mail - Static Buzz

Attached: IMG_0984.jpg (999x1249, 76K)

i would suggest Hyden's clock synphony movement 2 because thats the only piece of classical music that i learnt about in music theory