All In A System

Why does everyone disagree on what the best "System Of A Down" album is?

Attached: BestSystemalbum.jpg (1000x1000, 72K)

because Yea Forums is scared to admit that they like nu-metal

there is nothing wrong with admitting that a good portion of new metal was good after the nu metal wave was over

because they're all good in different ways and people have different tastes

that said, hypnotize/mesmerize is best album

It's debatable between self titled, steal this album, and toxicity. Genuine consensus may never be met

Steal This Album is the best, I don't see how anyone can think the st or Toxicity are better.

The double albums is cool for what they is, but is a bit cringe at times (lonely day is one of the worst rock songs ever) and is a far cry from their original sound.

You just posted it. Like every other numetal band they were at their rawest, angriest, and most experimental at the start and over time fizzled out into nothing

Isn't Steal This Album just a bunch of leaked demos from Toxicity that they re-recorded, and that's why it feels so unfinished?

Because they're all so bad!

My favorite is Mesmerize.

For Slipknot Iowa was their best

But they're the only one that's good so liking System of a Down doesn't mean you like all new metal

Korn are good too

I think that some of the songs being leaked off that album helped it out in the long run. It gave the album a sound and character that none of the later albums had.

based

The only one that doesn't work for me is Mezmerize. Hypnotize has some bangers (U-Fig, Dreaming) and feels better overall.
However I think the main issue with those two is that Malakian tries to steal the scene from Serj too many times, failing miserably and ruining almost every song in which he sings.
No wonder his new band kind of sucks.

Thank you for summing up those two albums perfectly.

It sounds weird. In some songs, drums sounds like trash cans.

if i remember correctly, Serj barely worked on these albums, leaving most of the songwriting to Daron, and the songs that Serj did wrote (Question, Vicinity of Obscenity) are easily among the best.

It shows how good their output was. I go back and forth between S/T and Toxicity.
However, if it weren't for Old School Hollywood Baseball, Mesmerize would be a contender as well

Best nu-metal albums:
>God tier
Toxicity - SOAD
Meteora - LP
Vol 3 - Slipknot

>Great tier
Greatest Hitz - Limp Bizkit
Home - Sevendust
Iowa - Slipknot
SOAD - SOAD
SOAD - Mezmerize
SOAD - Steal this album

>Okay tier
Hybrid Theory - LP
Korn greatest hits
POD - Satellite
Other Slipknot albums
Come Whatever May - Stone Sour
SOAD - Hypnotize

>Meh tier
Fallen - Evanescence
Other Korn albums
POD - Testify
Other Limp Bizkit albums

>Trash tier
Reanimation - LP
Other LP albums
Three Days Grace - Three Days Grace

Oh yeah almost forgot about Vicinity of Obscenity, that's unironically amazing.
Anyway that might have played a role in their inability to move forward from those two albums. I've read that Daron was kind of a control freak, and he and Serj had very different views about the future of the band.
Daron's stuff is too formulaic for my tastes though, better not to have new music if it has to sound like Scars on Broadway.

You are right about that. A lot of info came out about that when the 6th album stared falling apart.

What happened to angry far left music in the mainstream? I know after 9/11 there was a damper on music viewed as non-patriotic, but you would think with the way politics are now there would be some demand for this kind of music.

Their songwriting sucks and it distances the music from its potential since the vocals and melodies are amazing and would make for masterpieces if they weren’t so simplistically written

not including element88... what's wrong with you?

The thought of kids born since the mid 90s listening to this and thinking that we actually thought it was cool is just so fucking humiliating. Please stop. Please.

Bush got reelected. Everyone just gave up after that. The meme president will probably be reelected in 2020 too, what's the point of trying again?

where are deftones

lol completely forgot
Around the Fur - Great
White Pony - God tier
the rest - okay

People were freaked out after 9/11 and didn't want a bunch of negative music helping them feel even more freaked out. The reason the left isn't edgy anymore is because it's hard to be edgy while you petition for a nanny state for censor people because democracy isn't going your way, especially when your greatest ally is the corporate media.

the left =/= liberals/the democratic party