$500

>$500

Should I get this? It seems pretty good.

Attached: 12886867_800.jpg (800x513, 60K)

get an arturia minibrute instead

sounds thin for an analog synth. signals from it need to be nicely processed. then u can get very good recordings from it

decent price for this
naah, two very different instruments, owned both but kept my korg.
it can sound massive without any processing.... it's not really like a neutron or any other overdriven synth, but it can sound absolutely huge in the right hands.

nah, get a Deepmind 12 on ebay for the same price, more keys, more voices and imo sounds better.

How is the original Minilogue and XD different?

>4 note polyphony and brittle sound
Get an ms20 or a real poly

Better filter, step sequencer from the mono and a digital oscilator from the prologue that can be programmed and shared. These are probably the most significant ones.

absolutely this. I got a dm12 desktop unit recently for $499+ an ebay discount and it is amazing for 'raw' style analog sounds.

(once you dial back the onboard FX and use the unison settings properly)

It also does mono basses real good. maybe not as good as a moog one but it's

Been considering this for home recordings and whatnot, any good?

Attached: Roland JD-XI.jpg (425x224, 18K)

minibrute is absolute shit

get the korg

The minilogue is the new microkorg. Something for gay hipsters that absolutely need a synthesizer for their little indie project. Every band that uses these toys live on stage instantly loses respect in the eyes of credible musicians.

>larping as a “credible musician” on Yea Forums
Kek

>once you dial back the onboard FX

rookie mistake #1 everyone who shits on the DM makes: using the awful presets

in no way will the minilogue ever attain the cult status of the microkorg. I don't think even korg themselves know how they made the first rev of that synth. nothing else out there gels quite as well with guitars out of the box as it does. not even the microkorg XL.

the minilogue is a brittle POS by comparison that needs tons of post to make it work in any setting, which is funny as the MK is VCO and the minilogue is supposedly all analog.

You absolutely have to program the MK with the midi VST editor though. going through the front panel is fucking terrible. no idea what they were thinking there other than saving costs.

honestly I like most of the presets, they're just overbaked. reducing the send FX by 70% and cutting some of the more out there mod matrix decisions turn most of the presets into great bases to start tweaking from.
If anything irks me it's about them marketing it as a 12 voice poly when to get it sounding decent it needs to be on unison-2 which reduces it to 6 voice. Plenty for most uses but still. also not having multiple waveforms on osc 2. would be truly legendary if it was multi timbral

Yes, much better than the memelogue

>MK is VCO
u wot m8

I meant virtual analog modelling vs the true analog the minilogue is. rip

> falling for analog meme

it's no joke. if you want that sound there's no VST or digital substitute for true free running oscs
Diva gets close. but even that is only 80% there really.
that said most modern electronic genres don't use any sounds that need to be analog really so it's a moot point. just use serum and cymatics presets like everyone else

so does behringer just make knockoff synths or whats the deal here

they made the CRAVE and the neutron and other shit

i mean they are first off concentrated on demolishing the ridiculous second hand market for synths, reverb, ebay and all those scalping places

the only piece of software i've ever used was reason 4 and i have no idea what are those things you've just listed

Oh, you're still a noob. If you stick to making music, in about a year you'll see the importance of hardware analog instruments. Toodles

yea if you don't know what you're doing of course you don't see why it's important/useful

Why do people bitch so bad about editing on a microkorg? Just turn a dial, it's a lot less frustration than setting up a software editor to do it. People who say that have obviously never used something like a Tx81z or anything from the 90s.

a) recording with performances not sync'd via LFOs is a pain when you have 4 knobs that are hard coded to certain parameters and not all accessible at once

b) you have to overwrite patches to save new sounds whereas on the software editor you can load as you want via midi without overwriting anything

c) 90s synths are terrible as well and god forbid you try editing something even older like a d50 without the hardware editor. we have better tech now, something like the deepmind or virus vst are great examples of how integration can be done.

This if you pay more then $650 for a vintage monosynth from Japan you are getting fucked by boomers making almost 80-150% profit off your willingness to accept their inflation of gear prices. I refuse to buy synthesizers off those sites now and go out and hunt.

Deepmind is based on the Juno but is more or less its own thing. The Neutron is also entirely original. I do wish they'd focus more on making new things but I'm definitely not gonna scoff and turn my back on a $500 full sized Odyssey