Devin townsend

Is he just making music for his autistic son now or did he have a stroke?

youtube.com/watch?v=1n7uvokARQ4

Attached: genysis.png (792x539, 723K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cliTbuXF26g
youtube.com/watch?v=VDQh9ODiFgI
youtube.com/watch?v=gBFhgNa9NoY
youtube.com/watch?v=FfQe1TZOImQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qM71torFNBQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

"wow like im so unchained now , i can be creative"

is this code for "i dont want to make good music anymore"?

Attached: 1537731483293.jpg (430x256, 57K)

>if i put double bass on it its metal

this is the most cringe video i have ever seen

I liked it

only part i liked was the disco part

Genius!! F*king Genius!!

Does anyone else want to see him play with that stuffed octopus?

Attached: DsFsiMAWsAANNxG.jpg (300x300, 12K)

How is it? I came from (OP) of where this was linked, but have like a thousand songs queued after that thread

god prog is adorable

you can just watch the video

Reminder that his new album will feature Chad Kroeger from Niclelback

that will own

I hate that style of animation where the animals start appearing in both sides. It could be just intentionally silly, but I still hate it.

its really cringe and has never been good

years ago i asked for reccs here for mediocre music. devin townsend is what was suggested

Never got the cult around this dude. I like City and that Deadhead song and soms stuff of Biomech is alright, but his solo music seems to be cheesy muzak, with that track being the epitome of that.

Can any fans explain the appeal to me?

imagine taking this seriously

he is one of the most talented vocalists in the industry. and has a mastery of production

but the problem is he doesnt understand subtlety and every new album he puts out has 400 MORE different audio layers and it just comes off as noise

the choir effects make it sound like cringe christian music. And the constant changes in the songs make it hard to follow

He used to make really good shit

youtube.com/watch?v=cliTbuXF26g

youtube.com/watch?v=VDQh9ODiFgI

youtube.com/watch?v=gBFhgNa9NoY

His older stuff is good. I'd consider myself a fan but if I'm being honest after Epicloud I haven't really been feeling his material as much. Addicted was cheesy in the right way, but now it's just choirs, no riffs, and every song sounds the same.

He used to make good metal music.

calling this "metal" because there is a few seconds of double base is retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=FfQe1TZOImQ

his solo stuff is actually pretty diverse (and not just in the "i can do 70 genres in one song!)" way). some of it is definitely cheesy but part of enjoying devin townsend is being able to accept that. for some people the cheese is too much to get past and that's okay. i will say the last few albums (starting with epicloud) have been a little lackluster but this song feels like a return to form

it's 100% intentionally silly, for whatever that's worth

This guy is the spork meme personified
What is it with Canada and goofballs

I began to listen him last year, he has very good material, specially in the voice department. Ocean Machine and Deconstruction are my favorite albums. Terria and Infinity are also very good.

Yea Forums children can't into experimentation and original art. You guys would probably prefer if all his music went DANANANANANANA. Leave this board and go finish your dinner.

its not like he didnt make a bunch of good albums that were prog

this isnt experimental , its just noise

Maybe the rest of the album will have more structured songs but this is just all over the place , its 7 minutes of autism

The album will have 23 fucking minute closing track in multiple parts

oh god really?

So it's listed currently as a Townsend album instead of a DTP album.
If it is bad, it'll be his 3rd worst album right behind Devlab and Hummer.
It seems like it will be better than most of the DTP shit at least, it's good that he's branching out again. Anyone know if the album will feature a lot of Anneke?

I enjoyed that immensely.

I've been listening to him since early 00's and seen him live once. He's always been a goofy ass bastard. I am a goofy faggot too. So I guess this is meant for goofy ass faggots.

i normally like his stuff

but how can you like this? it has no structure

It has a chorus, it happens only twice tho - yes, there is structure. It's just not very obvious.

If you're anything like me you'll enjoy Epiclouder more than the main CD itself.

wow, that's so epic, almost as epic as this
youtube.com/watch?v=qM71torFNBQ

I get the same feeling. I remember people jizzing over each new release on forums in the early 2010's but I never felt the hype behind him. I liked Love, Relentless and probably a few more other songs from Strapping Young Lad, but that is it.

>this is supposedly a good thing

>this song has no chorus
Is that a joke I'm not getting? There is a chorus.

Shit he overproduced everything again

are you me

except for Higher and Failure transcendence was pretty shit and the unreleased Gump was better than most of the album

if you saw the guitar center thing he did where he explained Chad's importance to him and you don't get it you probably were never a creative person

> but the problem is he doesnt understand subtlety
I beg your pardon

Attached: Casualties_of_Cool.jpg (1200x1200, 828K)

Secret Sciences grew on me after a while, and I like the title track, even though it's a cover and as usual has way too much choir.
Z2 I've tried listening to many times but it never does anything from me.

Little Pig is probably my favorite song he's done in the last ~5 years.

>haha space cats and doggos so randum xD

this is sad. The music is so infantile.

So he's a bald Patton?

It's alright. Feels more like a successor to Ziltoid than Z2 was, which sucked ass. Why are people acting like Devin hasn't been pretty XD randumb up until this point, anyway? He covered the fucking badger meme song on an album once.

Attached: 1524428758524.png (565x541, 157K)

No idea what to make of this song desu
On one hand it's fucking all over the place and almost seems like a caricature of prog but on the other hand I'm glad he's trying something different now since aside from Casualties he's been stuck in the same pop metal formula for years.
Supposedly he picked this as the single since it gives an overview of the whole album in one song and the other tracks each follow a single style. Time will tell I guess.

Attached: 1371411923035.jpg (720x540, 25K)

Le Epic

bump

I like it and look forward to the album

Ziltoid on vinyl fucking when

Necrobump

why are you showing them depth charge for good devin songs you fucking retard? that's one of his weakest openers by far

>Ziltoid on vinyl fucking when

sold my copy for like $100 a few months back to help pay off my taxes. Sort of regret

epicloud is fucking garbage to be fair

I like Epicloud's version of Kindgom more than Physicist's

c'mon Epicloud aint that bad user

it's overproduced and the vocals sound like devin is about to fall asleep. the physicist version at least has some fucking emotion put into it

there are probably nickelback albums that are better than epicloud. epicloud is a solid 3/10 from me

>i only listen to mature music for mature adults like myself

Attached: (You).jpg.png (597x656, 570K)

its okay, i'm more glad that he's moving out of epicloud formula he's been doing the past few albums.

He's got one of the most obnoxious fanbases on earth

he's right tho

>it's overproduced and the vocals sound like devin is about to fall asleep. the physicist version at least has some fucking emotion put into it
Epicloud's is a gentler version of Kingdom and it doesn't communicate a despair that Physicist version does with its lo-fi vocals, but I think the flat vocals it uses are a poor choice he solved on Epicloud.