Say no to genre tourism

Say no to genre tourism

Attached: 1546570285930.png (1752x1726, 1.16M)

Weird question: do you think those albums are bad in of themselves, or do you think it's bad that tourists latch onto them and listen to nothing else in the same genre?

>OK Computer is on there
>Dark Side of the Moon isn't
???

>complains about tourism
>offers nothing to fix the problem
these threads are always the same unproductive circlejerk and should be ignored

most of theses albums aren't bad (exception ok computer). they're just really tourist

So what are we supposed to do, not listen to these? That's ridiculous

i dont take the opinion of anyone who compresses their topsters seriously

im proud to say iv never listened to any of these albums

Finally someone who has balls to tellt he truth. EVERYONE IS SO UNIQUE HERE.
Havent you heard all those albums to death to brainwash yourself its the real shit?

Attached: hmmm.jpg (768x512, 50K)

same, glad to see another non-tourist here

>DON'T DO THIS THING!
>I HAVE NO ALTERNATIVE, OR OPINIONS GROUNDED IN ANY PRACTICAL INTERPRETATION OF REALITY!

Attached: 5Kg7Y04.jpg (431x450, 68K)

wtf do you people listen to?

op, what are your favourite albums

itt: NPCs who don't understand what genre tourism is

Lars Franzon med Gueststars - I full frihet: Framför våra vanligaste barnsånger
NSRD - Kuncendorfs un Osendovskis
Petit Moussa - Petit Moussa
Prince Khonjo 99 With Midzi Heritage Sound - Binadamu Hatosheki
Tuning Circuits - No Compassion
Unknown Eskimo DJs - Eskimo Radio: She Be She Strike
अन्नपूर्णा देवी [Annapurna Devi] - Debut Surbahar Recital (New Delhi, 1950)
अन्नपूर्णा देवी [Annapurna Devi] - Raga Kaushi Kanada
अन्नपूर्णा देवी [Annapurna Devi] - Raga Malkauns
စိုင်းဆိုင်မောဝ် [Sai Sai Mou] - အမှတ်တရ သျှမ်းတေးစုများ 2
ၼၢင်းၼၢင်း [Nang Nang] - လက်ရွေးစဉ် တေးများ
うさぎのへいたいは待機 [Usagi no Heitai wa Taiki] - 架空的すみやか (Kakuuteki Sumiyaka)
陳長林 [Chen Changlin] - 陈长林古琴专辑
Various Artists - เพลงชาวเขา - มูเซอ (Hill Tribe Music: Lahu)

au contraire mon frère, genre tourism heals Yea Forums from the plague that is poptimism, trap/soundcloud rap and metal: we absolutely need more experimental, jazz and electronic on the board!!

based indian user

147 145 156 162 145 040 164 157 165 162 151 163 155 040 151 163 040 165 156 151 162 157 156 151 143 141 154 154 171 040 142 141 163 145 144 040 164 150 157 040

NO MUSIC ON MY MUSIC BOARD REEEEE

Imagine being so up your own ass that you think people exploring some of the best of good genres as a means of sampling them is more detrimental than the 20 kpop threads, soundcloud trapshit and boring pop.
This board helped me find new and interesting music that i would never hear about anywhere else yet you retards shill this shit meme so that you can maintain your precious circle jerk of pretentious elitism. Its cringe. Anyone in their right mind would disregard this trash ideology that trying new things is bad.

you do realize there's an entire world of music outside of that small ass collection of albums right?

lol, this. tourists are seething ITT

I'm not really a fan of black metal but, does anyone else think it's totally pointless to get bent over NSBM or like "problematic" black metal especially when said people getting mad are basically tourists to the genre and hate many of the seminal albums because they're made by "nazis"

like at that point why does anyone get bent over it, like it's as far removed from the mainstream as possible yet theres stilll people who are like if you like misanthropic nazi music it means you're an misanthropic nazi?

feels like i'm taking crazy pills

Now Yea Forums has to decipher that and next week its curry week.

Genre tourism is fun.

Imagine getting baited this hard

Consider how many people come into this thread thinking this meme is serious

all meme are serious & powerful: kek elected trump........

bump

lmao you copied this from artdeath’s 5s on RYM you fuck

Moo Tourist here AMA!

that's my account

go back to r/eddit

Give me non tourist counters to each album. Five for each.

> Petit Moussa
OH MOUSSA YOU GON MAKE ME SQUIRT

>problem
Why you people even care? Why do you care about tourists? Listen to what you feel like, and whatever anyone else listens to is their problem and not yours. Stop being a massive faggot and get a life.

LOOOOL literally copied straight from rym fuck off

>pseud
>tourist
Looks like the zoomers have their very own word now

lol

Some of these albums arent even the banda best or most popular. Tame Impala should be Lonerism, Godspeed should be F# and Kanye should be College Dropout. You should be ashamed for hijacking an image, and one that isnt even properly filled out at that.

The bends is also entry level for radiohead

That's the point, its people who never even explore the artist any further and don't even listen to the music on the chart. They just listen a couple times and decide its the best

In case you are not trolling do yourself a favour and give those albums a listen

not op but from the albums that ive listened to on there the only one i can say is actually bad is random access memories. i think a lot of these albums are on here because there are many better albums in that genre but "tourists" tend to latch on these ones. for example filosofem is a pretty good black metal album but its far from the best, its not even the best album by burzum which is objectively his self titled.

Explain why the best album is the s/t

no

i've listened to most of these, and i like them, but i think ironically most tourists wouldn't like these albums that much more than a lot of other good albums in the genre/musical space. black saint and the sinner lady is good, but it's not immediately obvious to me what differentiates it from a lot of other good jazz.
the same can be said for stuff like TPAB or the godspeed album (can't remember the name).
i think the alternative is picking out a genre that you find appealing, and digging deeper into what you find appealing in what you've listened to so far, and deeply investigating those aspects of the music, rather than just seeking to expand your knowledge for the sake of finding a place in conversations you really don't belong in, or being 'informed' in that strange sense we've all experienced
definitely better to have people post shit praise sunbather than another fucking lil pump thread, but this thread itself also has its benefits, so i wouldn't necessarily conclude that the poster is up their own ass
i don't know anyone that gets bent over it, but some of my friends that are actually into the shit don't really like it and it probably lessens their enjoyment. i definitely wouldn't enjoy 'straight edge' as much as i do if the message didn't resonate with me
i won't give you five, but i'll give you one or two thoughts.
TPAB: i think untitled unmastered and GKMC are both more interesting listens
cosmogramatta: iglooghost's neo wax bloom
burzum: leviathan, mastodon, sunn, i think all represent metal better in different ways
OPN, steve reich, cage: i think celer, stars of the lid, disintegration loops, and ciani's buchla sessions represent ambient and minimal composition really well along with the even more touristy 'music for airports'

avalanches: i'd listen to dilla's donuts, but i think avalanches is really good
LUM: very fucking good album. i'd listen to his 'uneven compromise' and 'jesus piece'

>not caring about other people's music taste on a music board
then why are you still here? get off the board and go enjoy your own music, dumbass

did this fucking guy like really just put black saint alongside that kamasi washington vomit, lmao dude looks like you should stop being a board tourist yourself and leave to Yea Forums or some shit and never come back around here anymore