/aeg/

AUTECHRE GENERAL

Attached: elseq.jpg (2362x2362, 708K)

I have autism

Autechre isn't very good.

objectively wrong

But their melodies and sound design aren't great.

Incunaba to Tri Repetae - too primitive, contains ear-hurting 15.7kHz hum (which can be edited out). 6/10 assuming hum is removed.
Chiastic Slide to LP5 - now it is starting to sound good. 8/10
Confield to Untilted - god-tier. Three 10/10s in a row? Is there any other band with such a great run?
Quaristice to Oversteps - a step backwards. Maybe they listened to all the morons complaining about previous works being "inaccessible". Still better than their early works. 7/10
Exai - haven't listened to this one
elseq - stopped listening because I didn't like it
NTS Sessions - At its peak, their best work I've heard. But not as consistent as the Confield/Draft 7.30/Untilted trilogy. "all end" is horrible ear-hurting noise with no redeeming value. 9/10

I am surprised that people don't like known(1) from Oversteps. It's the obvious highlight of the album IMO.

Compared to who?

quaristice and exai are god tier

listen to exai. it's very good

there was a thread on watmm where they were saying unironically it was the worst autechre song by far, was so confusing, i absolutely love that song. really emotional melody and chords with stunning sound design and that crazy ass experimental thing going on in the high frequencies. serious as fuck

Attached: autechre.jpg (620x400, 37K)

>general
cringe
Someone upload those new live shows.

elseq is their best.

Aphex Twin has them beat in the melodic department. Listening to drukqs should prove that. And Richard Devine is a better sound designer. Autechre aren't bad. Untilted is great but some of it feels weak to me.

>Richard Devine is a better sound designer
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA holy fuck me sideways, Richard Devine is worlds biggest hack and couldn't make anything with 1/100th as emotion as Cichli or e0 or anything off of Exai. Who cares about pointless modular masturbatory jams if there is no soul.

>Exai
Of all the albums you dropped the shittiest one. 2 whole hours of pure boredum. I also said he's a better sound designer. Aphex still has both beat.

sure aphex is the king i never denied that, but Richard Devine isnt even in the same ballpark as Autechre. If all your music is completely soulless then sorry but sound design or not you just cannot say he is better in any way. Music is all-encompassing. And Exai is not boring, 1 1 is is top 5 AE and javatee, T exx si, nodezsh, cloudline are all top tracks. also VJY UX is so fucking creepy to me, pretty much because i had it pegged as a bit creepy on first listen, then i listened to it every time i spent nights on /x/ reading creepy shit so now that track for me is eeriness personified, a very good track.

Attached: autechre-2.jpg (1080x720, 302K)

>all end is ear-hurting
?? its just a drone lol

>its just a drone
I prefer music.

The only songs that I even like off that album is bladelores, deco Loc(the intro is boring), and Fleure. I don't know how you can find the rest engaging.

don't try to consume it as music then. consume it as just some vague art piece if it would make you feel better. i like listening to it in the background while falling asleep sometimes

My computer's cooling fan is more enjoyable.

you hate ambient music too then?

just have nice melodies mate, emotive pads, good huge spaces and atmospheres made, my favorite type of music. solid songwriting also (does get a bit boring at some points). 1 1 is is so fucking banging though mate, how can you listen to that and not just want to bang along with the insanely compressed hyper super drums.

No, I like ambient. Ambient is relaxing music. Ugly shoegaze noise drone is not ambient. Aphex Twin - SAW II is much better than "all end" despite the bad recording quality. I also like Biosphere and Steve Roach.

Merzbow is better than ae and afx

Memebow isn't even a musician.

bullshit, pleb, etc

He literally admitted it:
"I threw all my past music career in the garbage. There was no longer any need for concepts like 'career' and 'skill'. I stopped playing music and went in search of an alternative. "

and yet his music is praised by exalted musicians like aphex twin and you are a retardddd

Aphex Twin is shit too.

and yet he has a tank and you are a retardddddd

>he has a tank
He does not. No treads = not a tank. It's just an armored car.

The absolute state of aphexfags, terrible.

Nobody talking about the new live stuff? currenty 40 mins into Asheville and i fucking love it

nah we're just here to argue about other artists

This is Yea Forums, not a discussion board.

Exai is the best autechre album since Untilted and Richard Devine's sound design is nowhere near as interesting as ae.